|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
(a) To know who read the hawk's flight omen.
(b) To defend the oasis.
(c) To leave with him.
(d) To race him on horseback.
3. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A war between good and evil.
(b) A war of tribal improprieties.
(c) A short war.
(d) A battle for the balance of power.
4. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The power to turn lead into gold.
(b) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(c) The power to create oases.
(d) The power to turn himself into wind.
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His love for Fatima.
(b) His fear of the alchemist.
(c) His longing to go home.
(d) His desire to go to Mecca.
6. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
(a) Tribal tales.
(b) Omens of the desert.
(d) The Alchemist.
7. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
(a) It is a safe refuge from the war.
(b) The alchemist owns it.
(c) It is an illusion.
(d) The people of the oasis pick a specific side in the war.
8. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) To protect the desert.
(b) Not to carry arms.
(c) To not choose sides in the battle.
(d) To have women and children fight in the war.
9. What does Fatima trust in?
(a) The alchemist.
(c) The tribal chief.
(d) The fates of the desert.
10. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
(b) They will abandon their destiny.
(c) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(d) They will never reach their own.
11. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
(a) Santiago's warning does not come true.
(b) The Alchemist leaves the oasis.
(c) The oasis is attacked.
(d) Santiago is banished from the oasis.
12. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
(a) What will come.
(b) Fear of the suffering.
(c) Living an unfulfilled destiny.
(d) His destiny.
13. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
(a) There is no danger.
(b) To join the encampment.
(c) To be wary.
(d) To laugh.
14. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
15. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
(a) The discovery of how all things communicate.
(b) Liquid half of the Master Work.
(c) The language in which all things are said to communicate.
(d) The philosopher's stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
2. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
3. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
4. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
5. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)