|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
(a) New knowledge.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Love of another.
(d) Their souls.
2. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
(a) Suffering and losing what it has won.
(b) Never finding love.
(c) Never being successful.
(d) Fulfilling his destiny.
3. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
4. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
(a) Soul of God.
(b) Philosopher's Stone.
(c) Elixir of Life.
(d) Soul of the World.
5. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
(a) To join the encampment.
(b) There is no danger.
(c) To laugh.
(d) To be wary.
6. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It can never be attacked.
(b) It must be protected at all costs.
(c) It must choose sides in the battle.
(d) It is neutral ground.
7. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
(a) They steal the Philosopher's stone.
(b) They steal the Elixir of Life.
(c) They do not take the Alchemist seriously.
(d) They provide no danger.
8. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
(a) The omens of the desert.
(b) The Philosopher's Stone.
(c) The Elixir of Life.
(d) The heart.
9. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
(a) He is intimidated by her.
(b) He is in love at first sight.
(c) He is infatuated.
(d) He does not like her.
10. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
11. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(b) Money and the Elixir of Life.
(c) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
(d) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
12. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
(b) Get scared.
(d) Run away.
13. What happens after the oasis is attacked?
(a) They destroy the invaders.
(b) The invaders become a part of the tribe.
(c) It is taken over by the invaders.
(d) It is destroyed by the invaders.
14. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) A horse.
(b) Gold pieces.
(d) A camel.
15. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(a) His new position within the tribe.
(c) His ability to read the desert omens.
(d) His camel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
2. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
3. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
4. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
5. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)