|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
(b) Language of the desert.
2. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Teaches him.
(b) Loses him.
(c) Tests him.
(d) Helps him find riches.
3. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) The Soul of the World.
(b) Back to Spain.
(c) A merchant shop.
(d) The oasis.
4. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) Not to carry arms.
(b) To not choose sides in the battle.
(c) To have women and children fight in the war.
(d) To protect the desert.
5. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
(b) Major tests.
(c) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(d) Heart trials.
6. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) She will not wait for him to return.
(b) She will go with him.
(c) She will wait for him to return.
(d) He should stay and not go.
7. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
(a) To fulfill his destiny.
(b) To find his treasure.
(c) To return to Fatima.
(d) To trust the alchemist.
8. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
(a) Never finding love.
(b) Suffering and losing what it has won.
(c) Fulfilling his destiny.
(d) Never being successful.
9. Who is the powerful and intimidating stranger Santiago meets after he leaves the tribal chief?
(a) One of the tribal leaders of the warring tribes.
(c) The Alchemist.
(d) The Englishman.
10. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
(a) Tribal Chief.
11. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
(a) Try doing it.
(b) You are not worthy.
(c) I will not teach you.
(d) You already know how to do it.
12. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) An alchemy hut.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) A war shelter.
(d) A furnace.
13. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
(a) Being a merchant.
(b) Being a counselor.
(c) Being a herder.
(d) Being a camel rider.
14. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
(a) To see Fatima.
(b) To the tribal chief.
(c) Into the desert.
(d) To the pyramids.
15. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
(a) The Alchemist.
(c) The Camel driver, Santiago's friend.
(d) The Englishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
2. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
3. What happens after the oasis is attacked?
4. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
5. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)