|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
(a) To the pyramids.
(b) To the tribal chief.
(c) To see Fatima.
(d) Into the desert.
2. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) How to find his treasure.
(b) How to turn lead into gold.
(c) About alchemy.
(d) How to turn gold into lead.
3. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) Confidence and belief in his mission.
(b) Love and excitement.
(c) Fear and doubt.
(d) Joy and happiness.
4. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
(a) What will come.
(b) Fear of the suffering.
(c) His destiny.
(d) Living an unfulfilled destiny.
5. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
(a) They pass an encampment.
(b) They meet some armed tribesman.
(c) They continue on their journey.
(d) They are captured as spies.
6. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(b) Philosopher's stones.
(d) A revolver.
7. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(a) Chief of a new tribe.
(b) Four tribesmen.
(c) Three armed tribesmen.
8. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Many months.
(d) Many years.
9. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Get scared.
10. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
(a) They are home to women and children.
(b) They hold no weapons.
(c) They are home to the alchemist.
(d) There are many jewels.
11. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) He should stay and not go.
(b) She will wait for him to return.
(c) She will not wait for him to return.
(d) She will go with him.
12. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 6 days.
13. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) The evil side.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The good side.
(d) Both sides.
14. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
(a) They do not take the Alchemist seriously.
(b) They provide no danger.
(c) They steal the Elixir of Life.
(d) They steal the Philosopher's stone.
15. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(a) His new position within the tribe.
(b) His ability to read the desert omens.
(c) His camel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
3. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
4. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
5. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)