|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
(a) The Alchemist.
(b) Omens of the desert.
(d) Tribal tales.
2. What does Fatima trust in?
(a) The tribal chief.
(b) The fates of the desert.
(c) The alchemist.
3. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(b) Four tribesmen.
(c) Three armed tribesmen.
(d) Chief of a new tribe.
4. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
(a) Gold pieces.
(b) A horse.
(c) A space to build a stand and become a merchant.
(d) A home with the tribe.
5. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) Where to find the alchemist.
(b) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(c) That he should be afraid of the war.
(d) That she loves him.
6. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
(a) To create the Elixir of Life.
(b) To point people toward their destiny.
(c) To create the Soul of the World.
(d) To purify metal.
7. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
(a) The oasis is attacked.
(b) Santiago's warning does not come true.
(c) Santiago is banished from the oasis.
(d) The Alchemist leaves the oasis.
8. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) The Soul of the World.
(b) Back to Spain.
(c) The oasis.
(d) A merchant shop.
9. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
10. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
(a) To return to Fatima.
(b) To fulfill his destiny.
(c) To trust the alchemist.
(d) To find his treasure.
11. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
(a) Being a counselor.
(b) Being a camel rider.
(c) Being a herder.
(d) Being a merchant.
12. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(a) His ability to read the desert omens.
(b) His camel.
(d) His new position within the tribe.
13. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The power to turn lead into gold.
(b) The power to turn himself into wind.
(c) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(d) The power to create oases.
14. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
(a) To be wary.
(b) To laugh.
(c) To join the encampment.
(d) There is no danger.
15. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
(a) The language in which all things are said to communicate.
(b) Liquid half of the Master Work.
(c) The discovery of how all things communicate.
(d) The philosopher's stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
2. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
3. What final decision does Santiago make about the Alchemist's proposal?
4. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
5. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)