|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) That he should be afraid of the war.
(b) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) Where to find the alchemist.
2. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Soul of the World.
(c) Elixir of Life.
(d) Master Work.
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A war shelter.
(c) A furnace.
(d) An alchemy hut.
4. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Loses him.
(b) Teaches him.
(c) Helps him find riches.
(d) Tests him.
5. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(a) The Alchemist.
(c) The camel driver.
(d) A beautiful girl.
6. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Godliness and peace.
(b) Enthusiasm and energy.
(c) Happiness and joy.
(d) Hatred and revenge.
7. What final decision does Santiago make about the Alchemist's proposal?
(a) He decides to go with him.
(b) He decides to become a merchant.
(c) He decides to return home.
(d) He decides to stay with Fatima.
8. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) He should stay and not go.
(b) She will go with him.
(c) She will wait for him to return.
(d) She will not wait for him to return.
9. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
(b) Tribal Chief.
10. What does Fatima trust in?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The fates of the desert.
(c) The tribal chief.
11. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
(a) It is an illusion.
(b) The alchemist owns it.
(c) The people of the oasis pick a specific side in the war.
(d) It is a safe refuge from the war.
12. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
(a) To avoid battles.
(b) To get their as fast as they can.
(c) To visit all of the oases.
(d) To study the omens of the desert.
13. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
14. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(b) Chief of a new tribe.
(c) Four tribesmen.
(d) Three armed tribesmen.
15. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To create the Master Work.
(b) To keep his tent warm.
(c) To make the Elixir of Life.
(d) To begin turning lead into gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
2. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
3. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
4. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
5. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)