|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
(b) Major tests.
(c) Heart trials.
(d) Fulfillment of their destinies.
2. What does the Alchemist advise Santiago to listen to in order to immerse himself in the desert?
(a) The desert omens.
(b) The omens of the pyramids.
(c) His heart.
(d) His love for Fatima.
3. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
(d) Language of the desert.
4. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) The good side.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The evil side.
(d) Both sides.
5. What does Fatima trust in?
(a) The fates of the desert.
(b) The tribal chief.
(c) The alchemist.
6. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
7. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
(a) To get their as fast as they can.
(b) To study the omens of the desert.
(c) To visit all of the oases.
(d) To avoid battles.
8. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) She will wait for him to return.
(b) He should stay and not go.
(c) She will go with him.
(d) She will not wait for him to return.
9. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(b) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
(c) They will never reach their own.
(d) They will abandon their destiny.
10. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
11. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
(a) A camel.
(b) Gold pieces.
(c) His books.
12. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(a) A revolver.
(c) Philosopher's stones.
13. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(b) His ability to read the desert omens.
(c) His new position within the tribe.
(d) His camel.
14. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(a) The Alchemist.
(b) The camel driver.
(d) A beautiful girl.
15. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
(a) Suffering and losing what it has won.
(b) Fulfilling his destiny.
(c) Never being successful.
(d) Never finding love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
2. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
3. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
4. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
5. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)