|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
(a) Their souls.
(b) Love of another.
(c) New knowledge.
(d) Their hearts.
2. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) How to turn gold into lead.
(c) How to find his treasure.
(d) About alchemy.
3. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(a) His ability to read the desert omens.
(b) His new position within the tribe.
(d) His camel.
4. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) To not choose sides in the battle.
(b) Not to carry arms.
(c) To have women and children fight in the war.
(d) To protect the desert.
5. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) Back to Spain.
(b) A merchant shop.
(c) The oasis.
(d) The Soul of the World.
6. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
(a) They pass an encampment.
(b) They are captured as spies.
(c) They meet some armed tribesman.
(d) They continue on their journey.
7. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(a) A beautiful girl.
(c) The Alchemist.
(d) The camel driver.
8. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
9. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A furnace.
(b) A war shelter.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) An alchemy hut.
10. What does Fatima trust in?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The fates of the desert.
(c) The tribal chief.
11. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
(a) His books.
(b) A camel.
(d) Gold pieces.
12. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(b) Soul of the World.
(c) Master Work.
(d) Elixir of Life.
13. Who is the powerful and intimidating stranger Santiago meets after he leaves the tribal chief?
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) One of the tribal leaders of the warring tribes.
(d) The Englishman.
14. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(b) Chief of a new tribe.
(c) Four tribesmen.
(d) Three armed tribesmen.
15. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 6 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
2. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
3. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
4. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
5. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)