|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) He should stay and not go.
(b) She will not wait for him to return.
(c) She will wait for him to return.
(d) She will go with him.
2. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
3. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(b) They will abandon their destiny.
(c) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
(d) They will never reach their own.
4. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
(a) Philosopher's stone.
(c) Elixir of Life.
(d) Soul of the World.
5. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
(a) To laugh.
(b) To be wary.
(c) To join the encampment.
(d) There is no danger.
6. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) A horse.
(b) Gold pieces.
(d) A camel.
7. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(b) Chief of a new tribe.
(c) Three armed tribesmen.
(d) Four tribesmen.
8. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
(a) Being a counselor.
(b) Being a herder.
(c) Being a camel rider.
(d) Being a merchant.
9. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
(b) Date palms.
10. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(b) Money and the Elixir of Life.
(c) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
(d) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
11. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) Fear and doubt.
(b) Confidence and belief in his mission.
(c) Love and excitement.
(d) Joy and happiness.
12. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
(a) His destiny.
(b) What will come.
(c) Fear of the suffering.
(d) Living an unfulfilled destiny.
13. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) That he should be afraid of the war.
(b) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(c) Where to find the alchemist.
(d) That she loves him.
14. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
(a) Santiago is banished from the oasis.
(b) Santiago's warning does not come true.
(c) The oasis is attacked.
(d) The Alchemist leaves the oasis.
15. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
(a) To leave with him.
(b) To defend the oasis.
(c) To race him on horseback.
(d) To know who read the hawk's flight omen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
2. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
3. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
4. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
5. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)