|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
(a) Why Santiago has money.
(b) What tribe they belong to.
(c) Why the alchemist has the Philosopher's Stone.
(d) Why the alchemist has the Elixir of Life.
2. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
(a) The Englishman.
(b) The Camel driver, Santiago's friend.
(d) The Alchemist.
3. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
(a) Never finding love.
(b) Suffering and losing what it has won.
(c) Never being successful.
(d) Fulfilling his destiny.
4. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(a) A revolver.
(b) Philosopher's stones.
5. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
(a) The Philosopher's Stone.
(b) The heart.
(c) The omens of the desert.
(d) The Elixir of Life.
6. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) Confidence and belief in his mission.
(b) Fear and doubt.
(c) Love and excitement.
(d) Joy and happiness.
7. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) The good side.
(b) Neither side.
(c) Both sides.
(d) The evil side.
8. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
(a) Heart trials.
(c) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(d) Major tests.
9. What final decision does Santiago make about the Alchemist's proposal?
(a) He decides to become a merchant.
(b) He decides to return home.
(c) He decides to stay with Fatima.
(d) He decides to go with him.
10. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A war between good and evil.
(b) A short war.
(c) A war of tribal improprieties.
(d) A battle for the balance of power.
11. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
(a) His books.
(b) A camel.
(c) Gold pieces.
12. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
13. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(b) The power to turn lead into gold.
(c) The power to create oases.
(d) The power to turn himself into wind.
14. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Elixir of Life.
(c) Soul of the World.
(d) Master Work.
15. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) That he should be afraid of the war.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(d) Where to find the alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
2. What does the Alchemist advise Santiago to listen to in order to immerse himself in the desert?
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
4. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
5. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)