|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
(a) Living an unfulfilled destiny.
(b) What will come.
(c) His destiny.
(d) Fear of the suffering.
2. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) Love and excitement.
(b) Fear and doubt.
(c) Joy and happiness.
(d) Confidence and belief in his mission.
3. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
(b) They will abandon their destiny.
(c) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(d) They will never reach their own.
4. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
(a) To study the omens of the desert.
(b) To avoid battles.
(c) To get their as fast as they can.
(d) To visit all of the oases.
5. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Loses him.
(b) Teaches him.
(c) Helps him find riches.
(d) Tests him.
6. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
(a) Like a warrior.
(b) By saying goodbye to Fatima.
(c) Like a hawk.
(d) By trying to do what he wants to do.
7. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
(a) Into the desert.
(b) To the pyramids.
(c) To see Fatima.
(d) To the tribal chief.
8. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) She will wait for him to return.
(b) He should stay and not go.
(c) She will not wait for him to return.
(d) She will go with him.
9. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
10. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(b) Chief of a new tribe.
(c) Three armed tribesmen.
(d) Four tribesmen.
11. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
12. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It is neutral ground.
(b) It must choose sides in the battle.
(c) It can never be attacked.
(d) It must be protected at all costs.
13. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(a) The Alchemist.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) The camel driver.
14. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) Many months.
(b) Many years.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
15. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
(d) Date palms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
2. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
4. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
5. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)