|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
(a) What tribe they belong to.
(b) Why Santiago has money.
(c) Why the alchemist has the Elixir of Life.
(d) Why the alchemist has the Philosopher's Stone.
2. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
(a) Being a camel rider.
(b) Being a herder.
(c) Being a merchant.
(d) Being a counselor.
3. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
4. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
(c) Run away.
(d) Get scared.
5. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) How to find his treasure.
(b) How to turn gold into lead.
(c) How to turn lead into gold.
(d) About alchemy.
6. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
(a) It is an illusion.
(b) It is a safe refuge from the war.
(c) The alchemist owns it.
(d) The people of the oasis pick a specific side in the war.
7. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A furnace.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) An alchemy hut.
(d) A war shelter.
8. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(a) Chief of a new tribe.
(c) Three armed tribesmen.
(d) Four tribesmen.
9. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(a) A revolver.
(d) Philosopher's stones.
10. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
(a) They steal the Philosopher's stone.
(b) They steal the Elixir of Life.
(c) They do not take the Alchemist seriously.
(d) They provide no danger.
11. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
12. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(a) His camel.
(b) His ability to read the desert omens.
(c) His new position within the tribe.
13. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
(a) A camel.
(b) Gold pieces.
(c) His books.
14. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will abandon their destiny.
(b) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(c) They will never reach their own.
(d) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
15. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
(a) Elixir of Life.
(b) Soul of God.
(c) Soul of the World.
(d) Philosopher's Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What final decision does Santiago make about the Alchemist's proposal?
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
3. What happens after the oasis is attacked?
4. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
5. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)