|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(a) Philosopher's stones.
(b) A revolver.
2. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
(a) To visit all of the oases.
(b) To get their as fast as they can.
(c) To avoid battles.
(d) To study the omens of the desert.
3. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To create the Master Work.
(b) To keep his tent warm.
(c) To begin turning lead into gold.
(d) To make the Elixir of Life.
4. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
(a) Soul of God.
(b) Philosopher's Stone.
(c) Elixir of Life.
(d) Soul of the World.
5. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) The camel driver.
(d) A beautiful girl.
6. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
(b) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
(c) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(d) Money and the Elixir of Life.
7. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) How to find his treasure.
(c) How to turn gold into lead.
(d) About alchemy.
8. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Loses him.
(b) Helps him find riches.
(c) Tests him.
(d) Teaches him.
9. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(a) His new position within the tribe.
(b) His ability to read the desert omens.
(c) His camel.
10. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
11. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
(a) You already know how to do it.
(b) Try doing it.
(c) I will not teach you.
(d) You are not worthy.
12. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His fear of the alchemist.
(b) His longing to go home.
(c) His love for Fatima.
(d) His desire to go to Mecca.
13. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(b) Where to find the alchemist.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That he should be afraid of the war.
14. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
(c) Date palms.
15. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The power to turn lead into gold.
(b) The power to create oases.
(c) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(d) The power to turn himself into wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
2. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
3. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
4. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
5. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)