|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(b) Searches for the other boy.
(c) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(d) Looks for the old man.
2. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
(a) Go to Egypt.
(b) Go home and work for his father.
(c) Buy a new flock of sheep.
(d) Start his own crystal shop.
3. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
(c) Egyptian pyramids.
4. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
(a) The old man.
(b) The wind.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) His sheep.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
6. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
(a) Across the Sahara.
(b) Across the sea.
(c) Across Africa.
(d) Across Spain.
7. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About six months.
(b) About twelve months.
(c) About one month.
(d) About three months.
8. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
9. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Good luck crystals.
(b) Omen belief.
(c) A caravan.
(d) Personal courage.
10. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
(a) A woman.
(b) His life's desire.
(c) Hidden treasure.
(d) The king.
11. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Creating crystals.
(b) Cleaning up after camels.
(c) Cleaning windows.
(d) Selling tickets.
12. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) He will always stay a shepherd.
(b) With the merchant's daughter.
(c) Back home.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
13. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) A king.
(b) An old man.
(c) A child.
(d) His father.
14. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) A gypsy's caravan.
(b) An abandoned church.
(c) The merchant's store.
(d) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
15. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
2. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
3. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
4. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
5. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)