|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Talks to the king.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(d) Runs errands.
2. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) Back home.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) He will always stay a shepherd.
(d) With the merchant's daughter.
3. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) A ticket on the boat.
(b) Two camels.
(c) Two crystals.
(d) Two stones.
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the soul.
(b) Soul of the heart.
(c) Heart of the world.
(d) Soul of the world.
5. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
6. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
7. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(b) The possibility of traveling the world.
(c) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(d) The possibility of being a shepherd.
8. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The boat.
(b) At the old man's house.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) In the fields with his sheep.
9. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(b) Two stones.
10. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Three crystal stones.
(b) Two oracle stones.
(c) Three oracle stones.
(d) Two crystal stones.
11. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Cleaning up after camels.
(b) Selling tickets.
(c) Cleaning windows.
(d) Creating crystals.
12. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) On a bench in the plaza.
(b) In the field with his sheep.
(c) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(d) At the gypsy's home.
13. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He loves them.
(b) They depend on him.
(c) He promised his father.
(d) He needs their fleece.
14. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
15. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
2. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
3. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
4. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
5. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)