|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Two crystal stones.
(b) Three oracle stones.
(c) Three crystal stones.
(d) Two oracle stones.
2. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(a) His father's.
(b) The gypsy's.
(c) The Seminary's.
3. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The Elixir of Life.
(b) He is rich.
(c) The omens.
(d) The protection of the crystals.
4. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
5. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Be just like his father.
(b) Translate items for people.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Travel the world.
6. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) Herding sheep.
(b) With a ticket salesman.
(c) With a camel salesman.
(d) With a crystal merchant.
7. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(d) The Universe.
8. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
(a) Within two months.
(b) Within four months.
(c) Within a month.
(d) Within six months.
9. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) The beautiful girl.
(b) The old man.
(c) His sheep.
(d) The fields in which he herds sheep.
10. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(a) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(b) He will have to expand his business.
(d) People will get sick.
11. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
(a) Start his own crystal shop.
(b) Go home and work for his father.
(c) Go to Egypt.
(d) Buy a new flock of sheep.
12. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(b) He chases the boy.
(c) He cries.
(d) He goes home.
13. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was wrong.
(b) The old man was right.
(c) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
(d) The old man did not give him money.
14. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He promised his father.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He needs their fleece.
(d) They depend on him.
15. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(d) Two stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
2. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
3. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
4. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
5. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)