|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(b) Two stones.
2. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About twelve months.
(b) About one month.
(c) About six months.
(d) About three months.
3. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(b) His parents.
4. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of traveling the world.
(b) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(c) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(d) The possibility of being a shepherd.
5. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(b) Looks for the old man.
(c) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(d) Searches for the other boy.
6. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(b) Talks to the king.
(c) Runs errands.
(d) Goes back to his flock.
7. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
(a) Within two months.
(b) Within six months.
(c) Within four months.
(d) Within a month.
8. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
9. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) With a crystal merchant.
(b) Herding sheep.
(c) With a ticket salesman.
(d) With a camel salesman.
10. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
11. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
12. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Two crystal stones.
(b) Three oracle stones.
(c) Three crystal stones.
(d) Two oracle stones.
13. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
14. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(b) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(c) She dies.
(d) He does not have to pay her.
15. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the world.
(b) Soul of the world.
(c) Soul of the heart.
(d) Heart of the soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
2. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
3. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
5. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)