|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) A ticket on the boat.
(b) Two crystals.
(c) Two stones.
(d) Two camels.
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys land to farm near his father.
(b) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(c) Travels the world.
(d) Buys a flock of sheep.
3. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To become a translator.
(b) To study at the seminary .
(c) To school in Spain
(d) To become a shepherd.
4. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
5. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One half of his flock.
(b) One tenth of his treasure.
(c) One half of his treasure.
(d) One tenth of his flock.
6. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(b) Talks to the king.
(c) Goes back to his flock.
(d) Runs errands.
7. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
8. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
9. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
10. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He chases the boy.
(d) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
11. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
12. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
13. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) At the old man's house.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) In the fields with his sheep.
(d) The boat.
14. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than a year.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) More than two years.
15. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Tells his fortune.
(b) Interprets his dreams.
(c) Reads his palm.
(d) Reads the bumps on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
2. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
3. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
5. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)