Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) One month.
(b) More than two years.
(c) One day.
(d) More than a year.
2. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The merchant's daughter.
3. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The castle of the king.
(b) The gypsy's home.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
4. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Hundreds of people only.
(b) Hundreds of people and animals.
(c) Dozens of people and animals.
(d) Thousands of people and animals.
5. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The two stones.
(b) His book.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The beautiful girl.
6. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(b) At the gypsy's home.
(c) In the field with his sheep.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
7. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(a) His parents.
8. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Omen belief.
(b) Good luck crystals.
(c) Personal courage.
(d) A caravan.
9. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(d) Muslim beliefs.
10. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
11. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(b) He will have to expand his business.
(c) People will get sick.
(d) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
12. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) A king.
(b) His father.
(c) An old man.
(d) A child.
13. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Cleaning windows.
(b) Selling tickets.
(c) Cleaning up after camels.
(d) Creating crystals.
14. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To make crystals.
(b) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(c) To go to Egypt.
(d) To become a shop owner.
15. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He does not have to pay her.
(b) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(c) She dies.
(d) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
2. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
3. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
5. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)