|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
2. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(b) The Seminary's.
(c) His father's.
(d) The gypsy's.
3. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(b) In the field with his sheep.
(c) At the gypsy's home.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
4. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Attract more customers.
(b) Cool off the shop.
(c) Double the size of his shop.
(d) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
5. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(b) Muslim beliefs.
6. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
7. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) At home.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) With the beautiful girl.
(d) In the oasis.
8. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) His father.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The king.
(d) The gypsy.
9. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
10. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
11. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the soul.
(b) Soul of the world.
(c) Soul of the heart.
(d) Heart of the world.
12. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of traveling the world.
(b) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(c) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(d) The possibility of having a dream come true.
13. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) Herding sheep.
(b) With a ticket salesman.
(c) With a crystal merchant.
(d) With a camel salesman.
14. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
15. Why does the crystal merchant take awhile to decide whether or not to allow Santiago to make the object Santiago offered to make?
(a) He needs to keep his crystal in his shop.
(b) He is afraid of thieves.
(c) He does not like change.
(d) He cannot afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
2. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
3. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
4. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
5. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)