|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
(a) To realize his obligations.
(b) To realize his destiny.
(c) To share his wealth.
(d) To fulfill his obligations.
2. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Dozens of people and animals.
(b) Hundreds of people and animals.
(c) Hundreds of people only.
(d) Thousands of people and animals.
3. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
4. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A place to sleep.
(c) A ticket to Egypt.
5. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
(b) A ticket to Africa.
(d) More sheep to herd.
6. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(b) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(c) The fact that he can read.
(d) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
7. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Two oracle stones.
(b) Three crystal stones.
(c) Three oracle stones.
(d) Two crystal stones.
8. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys land to farm near his father.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Buys a flock of sheep.
(d) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
9. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(a) A ticket to Egypt.
(b) A regular job.
(d) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
10. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the gypsy's home.
(b) On a bench in the plaza.
(c) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(d) In the field with his sheep.
11. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
(a) Within two months.
(b) Within a month.
(c) Within four months.
(d) Within six months.
12. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(b) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(c) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(d) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
13. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(a) The Seminary's.
(b) The gypsy's.
(d) His father's.
14. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
15. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Translate items for people.
(c) Be just like his father.
(d) Become a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
2. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
3. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
4. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
5. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)