|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It must be protected at all costs.
(b) It is neutral ground.
(c) It must choose sides in the battle.
(d) It can never be attacked.
2. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
(a) Oasis guard.
(b) Oasis counselor.
(c) Oasis alchemist.
(d) Oasis tribal leader.
3. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
(d) Language of the desert.
4. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To create the Master Work.
(b) To keep his tent warm.
(c) To begin turning lead into gold.
(d) To make the Elixir of Life.
5. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
(a) The Englishman.
(b) The Camel driver, Santiago's friend.
(d) The Alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
2. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
3. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
5. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)