|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Cleaning the crystal.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Making crystals.
(d) Running errands.
2. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Hatred and revenge.
(b) Happiness and joy.
(c) Enthusiasm and energy.
(d) Godliness and peace.
3. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. What do the refugees do to Santiago when he finds no gold?
(a) They kill him.
(b) They beat him up.
(c) The threaten him.
(d) They move on.
5. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
(b) They will abandon their destiny.
(c) They will never reach their own.
(d) They will help others to reach their destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
2. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
3. What frustrates the wind?
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
5. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)