|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 7, what happens on the third day?
(a) Santiago is beaten.
(b) They gather to watch Santiago become wind.
(c) Santiago and the Alchemist escape.
(d) Santiago and the Alchemist trick the tribesmen.
2. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
(a) He is in love at first sight.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is infatuated.
(d) He is intimidated by her.
3. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) With the beautiful girl.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) In the oasis.
(d) At home.
4. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
(a) Being a camel rider.
(b) Being a herder.
(c) Being a merchant.
(d) Being a counselor.
5. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(b) How to survive in the desert.
(c) How to find positive omens.
(d) How to turn lead into gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question the wind asks Santiago?
2. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
3. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
4. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
5. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)