|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(a) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(b) People will get sick.
(c) He will have to expand his business.
2. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Soul of the heart.
(b) Heart of the world.
(c) Heart of the soul.
(d) Soul of the world.
3. In Part 7, who/what does Santiago tell that everything evolves?
(a) The desert.
(b) The sun.
(d) The wind.
4. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
(a) Learns to turn lead into gold.
(b) Learns Arabic.
(c) Creates the Elixir of Life.
(d) Reads the Englishman's books.
5. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) To protect the desert.
(b) To not choose sides in the battle.
(c) To have women and children fight in the war.
(d) Not to carry arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
2. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
3. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
4. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
5. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)