|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
(a) To ingnore it.
(b) To test it.
(c) To work through the suffering.
(d) To listen to it.
2. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(b) People will get sick.
(c) He will have to expand his business.
(d) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
3. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads his palm.
(b) Tells his fortune.
(c) Interprets his dreams.
(d) Reads the bumps on his head.
4. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To make crystals.
(b) To go to Egypt.
(c) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(d) To become a shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
2. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
3. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
4. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
5. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)