|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
(a) 100 years old.
(b) 300 years old.
(c) 90 years old.
(d) 200 years old.
2. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
(a) The Philosopher's Stone.
(b) The heart.
(c) The omens of the desert.
(d) The Elixir of Life.
3. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(a) Two stones.
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Godliness and peace.
(b) Happiness and joy.
(c) Enthusiasm and energy.
(d) Hatred and revenge.
5. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
(a) To purify metal.
(b) To point people toward their destiny.
(c) To create the Elixir of Life.
(d) To create the Soul of the World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
2. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
3. Who/what does Santiago begin with by talking to and asking for help in Part 7?
4. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
5. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)