|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys land to farm near his father.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Buys a flock of sheep.
(d) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
3. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
(a) 100 years old.
(b) 90 years old.
(c) 300 years old.
(d) 200 years old.
4. In Part 7, how many pieces does the Alchemist cut the disk of gold into?
5. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) The merchant's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
2. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
5. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)