|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys land to farm near his father.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Buys a flock of sheep.
(d) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
2. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Enthusiasm and energy.
(b) Godliness and peace.
(c) Hatred and revenge.
(d) Happiness and joy.
3. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
(a) Tribal tales.
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) Omens of the desert.
4. In Part 7, how many pieces does the Alchemist cut the disk of gold into?
5. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
(a) They steal the Elixir of Life.
(b) They steal the Philosopher's stone.
(c) They provide no danger.
(d) They do not take the Alchemist seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
2. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
3. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
5. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)