|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(b) He gives it to the boy.
(c) He gives it to the old man.
(d) He buys two camels with it.
2. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(c) Muslim beliefs.
3. How many pieces of gold does the Alchemist leave with the monk?
4. What topic does Santiago discuss with the desert?
(b) The alchemist.
(c) Nature of love.
(d) Soul of God.
5. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) It is stolen by the old man.
(b) He loses it and cannot find it.
(c) It is stolen by the boy.
(d) He gives it to the crystal maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
2. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
3. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
4. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
5. Who/what does the wind suggest Santiago speak with next?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)