|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
2. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
(b) Soul of the World.
(c) Elixir of Life.
(d) Philosopher's stone.
3. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) Back home.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) With the merchant's daughter.
(d) He will always stay a shepherd.
4. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) A ticket on the boat.
(b) Two crystals.
(c) Two camels.
(d) Two stones.
5. What does the Alchemist use to turn lead into a disk of gold?
(a) Soul of God and Language of the World.
(b) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(c) Philosopher's Stone and Language of the World.
(d) Soul of God and Elixir of Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
2. What does the Alchemist advise Santiago to listen to in order to immerse himself in the desert?
3. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
4. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
5. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)