|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The merchant's daughter.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
2. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
(a) Philosopher's stone.
(c) Elixir of Life.
(d) Soul of the World.
3. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
(b) Gold pieces.
(c) A horse.
(d) A camel.
4. Why does the crystal merchant take awhile to decide whether or not to allow Santiago to make the object Santiago offered to make?
(a) He cannot afford it.
(b) He does not like change.
(c) He needs to keep his crystal in his shop.
(d) He is afraid of thieves.
5. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
2. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
5. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)