|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what does the desert recommend Santiago speak with?
(a) The wind.
(b) The tribesmen.
(c) The Alchemist.
(d) The desert.
2. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
3. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His desire to go to Mecca.
(b) His love for Fatima.
(c) His fear of the alchemist.
(d) His longing to go home.
4. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
(a) They continue on their journey.
(b) They are captured as spies.
(c) They pass an encampment.
(d) They meet some armed tribesman.
5. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
(a) Across Africa.
(b) Across the Sahara.
(c) Across Spain.
(d) Across the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
2. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
3. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
4. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
5. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)