|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Santiago and the Alchemist stop after they leave the encampment in Part 7?
(d) New encampment.
2. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 7 days.
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He chases the boy.
(b) He cries.
(c) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(d) He goes home.
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Enthusiasm and energy.
(b) Hatred and revenge.
(c) Happiness and joy.
(d) Godliness and peace.
5. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
(a) 90 years old.
(b) 100 years old.
(c) 200 years old.
(d) 300 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
2. What frustrates the wind?
3. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
4. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
5. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)