|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(a) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(b) He will have to expand his business.
(d) People will get sick.
2. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
(a) Soul of the World.
(b) Elixir of Life.
(c) Philosopher's Stone.
(d) Soul of God.
3. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Running errands.
(b) Making crystals.
(c) Washing windows.
(d) Cleaning the crystal.
4. What frightens and impresses the tribesmen about Santiago in Part 7?
(a) He can talk to the desert.
(b) He is an Alchemist.
(c) He can talk to the wind.
(d) He is carried far across the encampment.
5. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) How to turn gold into lead.
(b) About alchemy.
(c) How to turn lead into gold.
(d) How to find his treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
2. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
3. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
4. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
5. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)