|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the gypsy's home.
(b) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(c) In the field with his sheep.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
2. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(a) Chief of a new tribe.
(b) Three armed tribesmen.
(d) Four tribesmen.
3. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
(a) His camel.
(b) His new position within the tribe.
(c) His ability to read the desert omens.
4. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To keep his tent warm.
(b) To make the Elixir of Life.
(c) To begin turning lead into gold.
(d) To create the Master Work.
5. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
4. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
5. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)