|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
2. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
3. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To make the Elixir of Life.
(b) To create the Master Work.
(c) To begin turning lead into gold.
(d) To keep his tent warm.
4. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(c) Muslim beliefs.
5. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
3. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
4. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)