|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
(b) Tribal Chief.
2. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) The good side.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The evil side.
(d) Both sides.
3. How long does Santiago dig for treasure?
(a) All night.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 3 days.
4. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
(a) They continue on their journey.
(b) They meet some armed tribesman.
(c) They are captured as spies.
(d) They pass an encampment.
5. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
2. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
3. What does the chief do with Santiago after he is moved across the encampment?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
5. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)