|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys a flock of sheep.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Buys land to farm near his father.
2. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
3. Who appears standing next to Santiago as he is digging for the treasure?
(a) The Alchemist.
(b) Refugees from the wars.
(c) Fatima and her father.
(d) Armed tribesmen.
4. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He needs their fleece.
(b) They depend on him.
(c) He promised his father.
(d) He loves them.
5. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
(a) A space to build a stand and become a merchant.
(b) A horse.
(c) A home with the tribe.
(d) Gold pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
2. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
3. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
4. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
5. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)