|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 (through page 177).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(c) He chases the boy.
(d) He cries.
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
(a) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(b) Heart trials.
(c) Major tests.
3. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) She will not wait for him to return.
(b) She will wait for him to return.
(c) She will go with him.
(d) He should stay and not go.
4. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
(b) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
(c) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(d) Money and the Elixir of Life.
5. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
(a) The people of the oasis pick a specific side in the war.
(b) It is a safe refuge from the war.
(c) The alchemist owns it.
(d) It is an illusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
2. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
3. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
4. Who is the powerful and intimidating stranger Santiago meets after he leaves the tribal chief?
5. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)