|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
(a) Three times the amount.
(b) The same amount.
(c) Half of the amount.
(d) Twice the amount.
2. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
3. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The protection of the crystals.
(b) He is rich.
(c) The Elixir of Life.
(d) The omens.
4. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(b) He gives it to the old man.
(c) He gives it to the boy.
(d) He buys two camels with it.
5. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(b) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
(c) A ticket to Egypt.
(d) A regular job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
2. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
3. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
4. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
5. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)