|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(b) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(c) People will get sick.
(d) He will have to expand his business.
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) One day.
(b) More than a year.
(c) More than two years.
(d) One month.
3. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The merchant's daughter.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
4. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
(a) Liquid half of the Master Work.
(b) The discovery of how all things communicate.
(c) The philosopher's stone.
(d) The language in which all things are said to communicate.
5. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
(a) Santiago's father.
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) The beautiful girl.
(d) The crystal merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
2. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
3. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
4. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
5. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)