|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A war between good and evil.
(b) A short war.
(c) A battle for the balance of power.
(d) A war of tribal improprieties.
2. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) It is stolen by the boy.
(b) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(c) It is stolen by the old man.
(d) He loses it and cannot find it.
3. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One year.
(b) Many months.
(c) Many years.
(d) One month.
4. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
5. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 7 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
2. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
3. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
4. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
5. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)