|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
(a) Why Santiago has money.
(b) Why the alchemist has the Philosopher's Stone.
(c) What tribe they belong to.
(d) Why the alchemist has the Elixir of Life.
2. Who is the main character of this novel?
3. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Thousands of people and animals.
(b) Dozens of people and animals.
(c) Hundreds of people and animals.
(d) Hundreds of people only.
4. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
(a) Twice the amount.
(b) Three times the amount.
(c) Half of the amount.
(d) The same amount.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
2. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
4. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
5. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)