|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Runs errands.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Talks to the king.
(d) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
2. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
3. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Soul of the World.
(b) Elixir of Life.
(c) Master Work.
4. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
(a) Never finding love.
(b) Suffering and losing what it has won.
(c) Never being successful.
(d) Fulfilling his destiny.
5. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(b) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
(c) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(d) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
4. What final decision does Santiago make about the Alchemist's proposal?
5. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)