|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It is neutral ground.
(b) It must choose sides in the battle.
(c) It can never be attacked.
(d) It must be protected at all costs.
2. Who is the main character of this novel?
3. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
(a) Omen and Gypsy.
(b) Gypsy and Thummim.
(c) Urim and Thummim.
(d) Urim and Omen.
4. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
(a) Twice the amount.
(b) Half of the amount.
(c) Three times the amount.
(d) The same amount.
5. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) Two stones.
(b) A ticket on the boat.
(c) Two camels.
(d) Two crystals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
2. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
3. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
4. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
5. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)