|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
(a) Egyptian pyramids.
2. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
(a) Language of the desert.
3. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His longing to go home.
(b) His fear of the alchemist.
(c) His love for Fatima.
(d) His desire to go to Mecca.
4. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) The camel driver.
(d) The Alchemist.
5. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) He is rich.
(b) The omens.
(c) The protection of the crystals.
(d) The Elixir of Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
2. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
3. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
4. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
5. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)