|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will never reach their own.
(b) They will abandon their destiny.
(c) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(d) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
2. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The merchant's daughter.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
3. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Hundreds of people and animals.
(b) Dozens of people and animals.
(c) Hundreds of people only.
(d) Thousands of people and animals.
4. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) The fields in which he herds sheep.
(b) The beautiful girl.
(c) His sheep.
(d) The old man.
5. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) He will always stay a shepherd.
(b) Back home.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) With the merchant's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
2. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
3. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
4. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
5. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)