|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
(a) They pass an encampment.
(b) They are captured as spies.
(c) They continue on their journey.
(d) They meet some armed tribesman.
2. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To become a shepherd.
(b) To study at the seminary .
(c) To school in Spain
(d) To become a translator.
3. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
(a) The old man.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) The wind.
(d) His sheep.
4. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
5. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He chases the boy.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
2. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
3. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
4. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
5. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)