|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) Many months.
(b) One month.
(c) Many years.
(d) One year.
2. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
3. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
(a) Why the alchemist has the Elixir of Life.
(b) Why the alchemist has the Philosopher's Stone.
(c) What tribe they belong to.
(d) Why Santiago has money.
4. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
(a) Within four months.
(b) Within a month.
(c) Within six months.
(d) Within two months.
5. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(b) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(c) The possibility of traveling the world.
(d) The possibility of having a dream come true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
2. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
3. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
4. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
5. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)