|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
(a) To return to Fatima.
(b) To trust the alchemist.
(c) To find his treasure.
(d) To fulfill his destiny.
2. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
(a) Date palms.
3. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the soul.
(b) Soul of the heart.
(c) Soul of the world.
(d) Heart of the world.
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Selling tickets.
(b) Cleaning windows.
(c) Creating crystals.
(d) Cleaning up after camels.
5. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
(a) By saying goodbye to Fatima.
(b) Like a hawk.
(c) By trying to do what he wants to do.
(d) Like a warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
2. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
3. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
4. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
5. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)