|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
2. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) To have women and children fight in the war.
(b) To not choose sides in the battle.
(c) To protect the desert.
(d) Not to carry arms.
3. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
4. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
(a) A tea stand.
(b) New crystals.
(c) An outside display case.
(d) A place to keep sheep.
5. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One month.
(b) Many months.
(c) Many years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
2. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
3. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
4. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
5. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)