|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
(a) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(c) Heart trials.
(d) Major tests.
2. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) His sheep.
(b) The fields in which he herds sheep.
(c) The old man.
(d) The beautiful girl.
3. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
(a) He is intimidated by her.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is in love at first sight.
(d) He is infatuated.
4. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
5. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One year.
(b) Many years.
(c) One month.
(d) Many months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
2. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
3. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
4. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
5. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)