|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To become a translator.
(b) To study at the seminary .
(c) To become a shepherd.
(d) To school in Spain
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
(b) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(c) Heart trials.
(d) Major tests.
3. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Translate items for people.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Be just like his father.
4. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) They depend on him.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He needs their fleece.
(d) He promised his father.
5. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
(b) Money and the Elixir of Life.
(c) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(d) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
2. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
3. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
4. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
5. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)