|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The two stones.
(c) The beautiful girl.
(d) His book.
2. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) With the beautiful girl.
(b) At home.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) In the oasis.
3. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
(a) The discovery of how all things communicate.
(b) The philosopher's stone.
(c) The language in which all things are said to communicate.
(d) Liquid half of the Master Work.
4. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(b) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(c) He does not have to pay her.
(d) She dies.
5. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
(a) Within two months.
(b) Within four months.
(c) Within six months.
(d) Within a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
3. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
4. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
5. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)