|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Personal courage.
(b) A caravan.
(c) Omen belief.
(d) Good luck crystals.
2. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To make the Elixir of Life.
(b) To begin turning lead into gold.
(c) To create the Master Work.
(d) To keep his tent warm.
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He chases the boy.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
4. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) His father.
(c) The king.
(d) The gypsy.
5. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(a) The camel driver.
(b) The Alchemist.
(d) A beautiful girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
2. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
3. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
4. Who is the main character of this novel?
5. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)