|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) His father.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The king.
2. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
(a) Gold pieces.
(b) A horse.
(c) A space to build a stand and become a merchant.
(d) A home with the tribe.
3. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
(a) Across Africa.
(b) Across the sea.
(c) Across the Sahara.
(d) Across Spain.
4. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
(b) Tea and cookies.
(c) Crystals with omens inside.
(d) Crystal glasses.
5. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) With a crystal merchant.
(b) Herding sheep.
(c) With a ticket salesman.
(d) With a camel salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
2. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
3. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
4. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
5. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)