|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
(a) Thieves and robbers coming to attack the caravan.
(b) War between the desert tribes.
(c) War between members of the caravan.
(d) War between Egypt and Spain.
2. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
3. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A battle for the balance of power.
(b) A war of tribal improprieties.
(c) A war between good and evil.
(d) A short war.
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) The merchant's daughter.
(d) The gypsy.
5. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) His sheep.
(b) The beautiful girl.
(c) The old man.
(d) The fields in which he herds sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
3. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
4. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
5. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)