|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Happiness and joy.
(b) Hatred and revenge.
(c) Enthusiasm and energy.
(d) Godliness and peace.
2. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
3. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) Santiago's father.
(c) The king.
(d) The alchemist.
4. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(c) He chases the boy.
(d) He cries.
5. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
(a) Oasis counselor.
(b) Oasis tribal leader.
(c) Oasis alchemist.
(d) Oasis guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
2. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
3. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
4. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
5. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)