|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) Not to carry arms.
(b) To have women and children fight in the war.
(c) To not choose sides in the battle.
(d) To protect the desert.
2. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(a) A revolver.
(d) Philosopher's stones.
3. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
(a) Being a herder.
(b) Being a merchant.
(c) Being a camel rider.
(d) Being a counselor.
4. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) An alchemy hut.
(b) A war shelter.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A furnace.
5. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) With the merchant's daughter.
(c) Back home.
(d) He will always stay a shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
2. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
3. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
4. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
5. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)