|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From the field.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From his father.
(d) From the gypsy.
2. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) With the beautiful girl.
(b) At home.
(c) In the oasis.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
3. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Double the size of his shop.
(b) Cool off the shop.
(c) Attract more customers.
(d) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
4. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(d) Muslim beliefs.
5. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To school in Spain
(b) To become a shepherd.
(c) To study at the seminary .
(d) To become a translator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
2. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
3. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
4. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
5. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)