|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 6 days.
2. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
3. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The castle of the king.
(c) The gypsy's home.
4. What does the Alchemist advise Santiago to listen to in order to immerse himself in the desert?
(a) The omens of the pyramids.
(b) The desert omens.
(c) His heart.
(d) His love for Fatima.
5. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Cool off the shop.
(b) Attract more customers.
(c) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
(d) Double the size of his shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
2. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
5. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)