|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
(a) To defend the oasis.
(b) To leave with him.
(c) To race him on horseback.
(d) To know who read the hawk's flight omen.
2. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Soul of the World.
(b) Elixir of Life.
(d) Master Work.
3. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He promised his father.
(b) They depend on him.
(c) He needs their fleece.
(d) He loves them.
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Selling tickets.
(b) Cleaning up after camels.
(c) Cleaning windows.
(d) Creating crystals.
5. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
3. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
4. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
5. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)