|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The Elixir of Life.
(b) He is rich.
(c) The omens.
(d) The protection of the crystals.
2. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
(a) The Alchemist.
(c) Tribal tales.
(d) Omens of the desert.
3. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
(a) By saying goodbye to Fatima.
(b) By trying to do what he wants to do.
(c) Like a hawk.
(d) Like a warrior.
4. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) Not to carry arms.
(b) To protect the desert.
(c) To have women and children fight in the war.
(d) To not choose sides in the battle.
5. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
2. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
3. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
4. What final decision does Santiago make about the Alchemist's proposal?
5. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)