|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) Neither side.
(b) The good side.
(c) The evil side.
(d) Both sides.
2. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One year.
(b) Many years.
(c) Many months.
(d) One month.
3. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
(a) The beautiful girl.
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) The crystal merchant.
(d) Santiago's father.
4. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(b) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(c) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(d) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
5. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Be just like his father.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Translate items for people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
2. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
3. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
4. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
5. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)