|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) A merchant shop.
(b) Back to Spain.
(c) The Soul of the World.
(d) The oasis.
2. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
(a) To avoid battles.
(b) To visit all of the oases.
(c) To study the omens of the desert.
(d) To get their as fast as they can.
3. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) His father.
(b) A king.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
4. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
(a) There are many jewels.
(b) They are home to women and children.
(c) They are home to the alchemist.
(d) They hold no weapons.
5. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
(a) Santiago's father.
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) The beautiful girl.
(d) The crystal merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
2. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
3. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
4. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
5. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)