|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Be just like his father.
(b) Translate items for people.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Become a priest.
2. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Personal courage.
(b) Omen belief.
(c) Good luck crystals.
(d) A caravan.
3. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
4. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
(a) To race him on horseback.
(b) To know who read the hawk's flight omen.
(c) To leave with him.
(d) To defend the oasis.
5. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
(b) An alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
2. Why does the crystal merchant take awhile to decide whether or not to allow Santiago to make the object Santiago offered to make?
3. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
4. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
5. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)