|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To begin turning lead into gold.
(b) To keep his tent warm.
(c) To create the Master Work.
(d) To make the Elixir of Life.
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) With a ticket salesman.
(b) With a camel salesman.
(c) With a crystal merchant.
(d) Herding sheep.
3. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(b) Two stones.
4. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
5. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys land to farm near his father.
(b) Buys a flock of sheep.
(c) Travels the world.
(d) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
Short Answer Questions
1. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
2. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
3. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
4. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
5. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)