|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To go to Egypt.
(b) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(c) To become a shop owner.
(d) To make crystals.
2. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A short war.
(b) A battle for the balance of power.
(c) A war between good and evil.
(d) A war of tribal improprieties.
3. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
(a) The oasis is attacked.
(b) Santiago is banished from the oasis.
(c) Santiago's warning does not come true.
(d) The Alchemist leaves the oasis.
4. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
(a) To point people toward their destiny.
(b) To create the Elixir of Life.
(c) To create the Soul of the World.
(d) To purify metal.
5. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) Not to carry arms.
(b) To protect the desert.
(c) To not choose sides in the battle.
(d) To have women and children fight in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
2. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
3. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
4. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)