|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About one month.
(b) About six months.
(c) About twelve months.
(d) About three months.
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) With a camel salesman.
(b) With a crystal merchant.
(c) With a ticket salesman.
(d) Herding sheep.
3. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) In the fields with his sheep.
(c) At the old man's house.
(d) The boat.
4. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
(a) By saying goodbye to Fatima.
(b) Like a warrior.
(c) By trying to do what he wants to do.
(d) Like a hawk.
5. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(c) The Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
2. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
3. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
5. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)