|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
(b) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(c) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(d) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
2. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
(b) An alchemist.
3. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) Where to find the alchemist.
(c) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(d) That he should be afraid of the war.
4. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) In the field with his sheep.
(b) On a bench in the plaza.
(c) At the gypsy's home.
(d) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
5. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The boat.
(b) In the fields with his sheep.
(c) At the old man's house.
(d) The marketplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
2. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
3. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
4. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)