|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The omens.
(b) The protection of the crystals.
(c) The Elixir of Life.
(d) He is rich.
2. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of traveling the world.
(b) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(c) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(d) The possibility of having a dream come true.
3. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(b) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(c) He will have to expand his business.
(d) People will get sick.
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Cleaning up after camels.
(b) Selling tickets.
(c) Cleaning windows.
(d) Creating crystals.
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He needs their fleece.
(c) They depend on him.
(d) He promised his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
2. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
3. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
4. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
5. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)