|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About one month.
(b) About twelve months.
(c) About three months.
(d) About six months.
2. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The king.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) Santiago's father.
3. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
4. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) A gypsy's caravan.
(b) An abandoned church.
(c) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(d) The merchant's store.
5. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
(a) His books.
(b) Gold pieces.
(c) A camel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
2. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
3. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
4. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
5. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)