|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
(a) A space to build a stand and become a merchant.
(b) A horse.
(c) Gold pieces.
(d) A home with the tribe.
2. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
(a) Double the size of his shop.
(b) Provide better displaying of the crystal.
(c) Cool off the shop.
(d) Attract more customers.
3. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
(a) By trying to do what he wants to do.
(b) By saying goodbye to Fatima.
(c) Like a warrior.
(d) Like a hawk.
4. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) Where to find the alchemist.
(b) That he should be afraid of the war.
(c) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(d) That she loves him.
5. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To keep his tent warm.
(b) To make the Elixir of Life.
(c) To begin turning lead into gold.
(d) To create the Master Work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
3. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
4. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
5. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)