|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 (through page 134).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Running errands.
(b) Cleaning the crystal.
(c) Making crystals.
(d) Washing windows.
2. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(b) How to turn lead into gold.
(c) How to survive in the desert.
(d) How to find positive omens.
3. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To keep his tent warm.
(b) To begin turning lead into gold.
(c) To make the Elixir of Life.
(d) To create the Master Work.
4. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About twelve months.
(b) About one month.
(c) About six months.
(d) About three months.
5. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The protection of the crystals.
(b) The omens.
(c) The Elixir of Life.
(d) He is rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
2. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
3. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
4. Who is the powerful and intimidating stranger Santiago meets after he leaves the tribal chief?
5. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)