|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
(b) Egyptian pyramids.
2. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(c) Muslim beliefs.
3. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to find positive omens.
(b) How to turn lead into gold.
(c) How to survive in the desert.
(d) How to make the Elixir of Life.
4. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
5. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
2. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
3. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
5. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)