|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Running errands.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Cleaning the crystal.
(d) Making crystals.
2. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About three months.
(b) About one month.
(c) About six months.
(d) About twelve months.
3. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes back to his flock.
(b) Runs errands.
(c) Talks to the king.
(d) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
4. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(d) The Universe.
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He needs their fleece.
(b) He promised his father.
(c) He loves them.
(d) They depend on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
2. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
3. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
4. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
5. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)