|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(b) To make crystals.
(c) To go to Egypt.
(d) To become a shop owner.
2. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Good luck crystals.
(b) Personal courage.
(c) A caravan.
(d) Omen belief.
3. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to survive in the desert.
(b) How to find positive omens.
(c) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(d) How to turn lead into gold.
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Translate items for people.
(d) Be just like his father.
5. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
3. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
4. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
5. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)