|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Making crystals.
(b) Running errands.
(c) Washing windows.
(d) Cleaning the crystal.
2. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
(a) Thieves and robbers coming to attack the caravan.
(b) War between members of the caravan.
(c) War between the desert tribes.
(d) War between Egypt and Spain.
3. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The merchant's daughter.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
5. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
2. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
3. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
4. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
5. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)