|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
(b) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(c) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(d) In the desert, disobedience means death.
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than a year.
(b) More than two years.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
3. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
(a) Buy a new flock of sheep.
(b) Go home and work for his father.
(c) Go to Egypt.
(d) Start his own crystal shop.
4. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The king.
(d) His father.
5. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the old man.
(b) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(c) He gives it to the boy.
(d) He buys two camels with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
2. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
3. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
4. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
5. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)