|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) In the fields with his sheep.
(c) The boat.
(d) At the old man's house.
2. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Running errands.
(b) Cleaning the crystal.
(c) Washing windows.
(d) Making crystals.
3. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) His book.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) The two stones.
(d) The beautiful girl.
4. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) Santiago's father.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The king.
(d) The gypsy.
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One tenth of the treasure.
(b) Three golden coins.
(c) One half of the treasure.
(d) One fifth of the treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
3. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
5. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)