|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One tenth of his flock.
(b) One tenth of his treasure.
(c) One half of his flock.
(d) One half of his treasure.
2. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Personal courage.
(b) Good luck crystals.
(c) A caravan.
(d) Omen belief.
3. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He needs their fleece.
(b) They depend on him.
(c) He promised his father.
(d) He loves them.
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Selling tickets.
(b) Cleaning up after camels.
(c) Creating crystals.
(d) Cleaning windows.
5. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
(a) Omen and Gypsy.
(b) Urim and Thummim.
(c) Gypsy and Thummim.
(d) Urim and Omen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
2. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
3. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
4. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
5. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)