|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
(a) Within two months.
(b) Within six months.
(c) Within four months.
(d) Within a month.
2. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
3. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was right.
(b) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
(c) The old man was wrong.
(d) The old man did not give him money.
4. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(a) Muslim beliefs.
5. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) Two stones.
(b) A ticket on the boat.
(c) Two camels.
(d) Two crystals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
2. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
3. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
4. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
5. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)