|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) The beautiful girl.
(b) His sheep.
(c) The fields in which he herds sheep.
(d) The old man.
2. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
(a) To realize his destiny.
(b) To realize his obligations.
(c) To fulfill his obligations.
(d) To share his wealth.
3. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Personal courage.
(b) A caravan.
(c) Good luck crystals.
(d) Omen belief.
4. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(b) The Universe.
5. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) Across Spain.
(c) Across Africa.
(d) Across the Sahara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
2. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
3. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
4. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
5. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)