|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Crystals with omens inside.
(b) Crystal glasses.
(c) Tea and cookies.
(d) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
2. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(b) Searches for the other boy.
(c) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(d) Looks for the old man.
3. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
(b) Egyptian pyramids.
4. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the old man.
(b) He buys two camels with it.
(c) He gives it to the boy.
(d) He gives it to the crystal maker.
5. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
(b) A ticket to Africa.
(c) More sheep to herd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
2. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
3. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
4. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
5. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)