|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads the bumps on his head.
(b) Reads his palm.
(c) Tells his fortune.
(d) Interprets his dreams.
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
(a) Good luck crystals.
(b) Personal courage.
(c) Omen belief.
(d) A caravan.
4. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
(a) The same amount.
(b) Half of the amount.
(c) Twice the amount.
(d) Three times the amount.
5. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
2. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
3. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
4. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
5. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)