|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
2. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads the bumps on his head.
(b) Tells his fortune.
(c) Reads his palm.
(d) Interprets his dreams.
5. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
(b) Crystal glasses.
(c) Crystals with omens inside.
(d) Tea and cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
2. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
3. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
4. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
5. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)