|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(b) His parents.
2. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A ticket to Egypt.
(c) A place to sleep.
3. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The merchant's daughter.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
4. Why does the crystal merchant take awhile to decide whether or not to allow Santiago to make the object Santiago offered to make?
(a) He does not like change.
(b) He is afraid of thieves.
(c) He cannot afford it.
(d) He needs to keep his crystal in his shop.
5. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
2. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
3. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)