|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(d) His parents.
2. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Making crystals.
(b) Cleaning the crystal.
(c) Washing windows.
(d) Running errands.
3. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(b) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(c) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(d) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
4. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
(a) War between members of the caravan.
(b) Thieves and robbers coming to attack the caravan.
(c) War between Egypt and Spain.
(d) War between the desert tribes.
5. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
(a) New crystals.
(b) A tea stand.
(c) An outside display case.
(d) A place to keep sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
2. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
3. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
4. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
5. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)