|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
(c) Egyptian pyramids.
2. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
(a) A tea stand.
(b) An outside display case.
(c) A place to keep sheep.
(d) New crystals.
3. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
4. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(c) His parents.
5. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(b) How to find positive omens.
(c) How to turn lead into gold.
(d) How to survive in the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
2. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
3. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
4. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
5. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)