|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
2. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) Santiago's father.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The king.
3. What is there increasing talk about throughout the caravan?
(a) War between the desert tribes.
(b) War between Egypt and Spain.
(c) War between members of the caravan.
(d) Thieves and robbers coming to attack the caravan.
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(b) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(c) The fact that he can read.
(d) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
5. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
(a) The beautiful girl.
(b) His sheep.
(c) The fields in which he herds sheep.
(d) The old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
2. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
3. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
4. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
5. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)