|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To go to Egypt.
(b) To make crystals.
(c) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(d) To become a shop owner.
4. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Three oracle stones.
(b) Two oracle stones.
(c) Three crystal stones.
(d) Two crystal stones.
5. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) The merchant's daughter.
(d) The alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
2. Who is the main character of this novel?
3. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
4. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
5. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)