|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) His book.
(c) The beautiful girl.
(d) The two stones.
2. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) His father.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) The king.
(d) The alchemist.
3. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(b) Searches for the other boy.
(c) Looks for the old man.
(d) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
4. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One tenth of his treasure.
(b) One tenth of his flock.
(c) One half of his treasure.
(d) One half of his flock.
5. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads his palm.
(b) Tells his fortune.
(c) Reads the bumps on his head.
(d) Interprets his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
2. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
3. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
4. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
5. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)