|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(c) The Universe.
2. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) The merchant's store.
(b) An abandoned church.
(c) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(d) A gypsy's caravan.
3. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(d) His parents.
4. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He loves them.
(b) They depend on him.
(c) He needs their fleece.
(d) He promised his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
2. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
3. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
5. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)