|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) One month.
(b) More than two years.
(c) More than a year.
(d) One day.
2. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(b) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(c) Searches for the other boy.
(d) Looks for the old man.
3. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(b) To make crystals.
(c) To go to Egypt.
(d) To become a shop owner.
4. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
5. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys a flock of sheep.
(b) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(c) Travels the world.
(d) Buys land to farm near his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
4. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)