|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To become a shepherd.
(b) To school in Spain
(c) To become a translator.
(d) To study at the seminary .
2. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
3. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He does not have to pay her.
(b) She dies.
(c) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(d) He only had to pay her a small fee.
4. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
5. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than a year.
(b) One day.
(c) More than two years.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
2. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
3. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
5. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)