|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) One month.
(b) More than a year.
(c) One day.
(d) More than two years.
3. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The king.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) Santiago's father.
4. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) In the fields with his sheep.
(b) At the old man's house.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) The boat.
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) They depend on him.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He needs their fleece.
(d) He promised his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
2. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
3. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
4. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
5. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)