|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He needs their fleece.
(c) He promised his father.
(d) They depend on him.
2. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
3. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Tells his fortune.
(b) Reads his palm.
(c) Interprets his dreams.
(d) Reads the bumps on his head.
4. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
5. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) An old man.
(b) A child.
(c) His father.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
2. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
3. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
4. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
5. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)