|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
(a) A place to sleep.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A ticket to Egypt.
2. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(d) His parents.
3. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He buys two camels with it.
(b) He gives it to the old man.
(c) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(d) He gives it to the boy.
4. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
(a) Gypsy and Thummim.
(b) Urim and Omen.
(c) Omen and Gypsy.
(d) Urim and Thummim.
5. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
3. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)