|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Translate items for people.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Be just like his father.
(d) Become a priest.
2. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The beautiful girl.
(c) The two stones.
(d) His book.
3. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) Two stones.
(b) Two crystals.
(c) A ticket on the boat.
(d) Two camels.
4. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Talks to the king.
(d) Runs errands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
3. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
4. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
5. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)