|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Two crystal stones.
(b) Two oracle stones.
(c) Three oracle stones.
(d) Three crystal stones.
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The boat.
(c) In the fields with his sheep.
(d) At the old man's house.
4. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than two years.
(b) More than a year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
5. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(b) The fact that he can read.
(c) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(d) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
2. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
3. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
4. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
5. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)