|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) Back home.
(b) He will always stay a shepherd.
(c) With the merchant's daughter.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
2. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
3. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The merchant's daughter.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The alchemist.
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(d) Two stones.
5. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(b) The Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
2. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
3. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
4. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
5. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)