|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Talks to the king.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Runs errands.
(d) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
2. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) He will always stay a shepherd.
(c) Back home.
(d) With the merchant's daughter.
3. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) His sheep.
(c) The old man.
(d) The wind.
4. Who is the main character of this novel?
5. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
2. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
4. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
5. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)