|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Making crystals.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Cleaning the crystal.
(d) Running errands.
2. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Translate items for people.
(b) Be just like his father.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Travel the world.
3. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
(b) A ticket to Africa.
(d) More sheep to herd.
4. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes back to his flock.
(b) Runs errands.
(c) Talks to the king.
(d) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
2. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
3. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
5. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)