|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) At the old man's house.
(c) The boat.
(d) In the fields with his sheep.
2. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) His father.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The king.
3. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The merchant's daughter.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The gypsy.
5. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(b) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(c) The possibility of traveling the world.
(d) The possibility of having a dream come true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
2. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
3. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
4. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)