|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(a) A regular job.
(b) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
(c) A ticket to Egypt.
2. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(b) Runs errands.
(c) Goes back to his flock.
(d) Talks to the king.
3. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
(a) More sheep to herd.
(b) A ticket to Africa.
4. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) At home.
(c) In the oasis.
(d) With the beautiful girl.
5. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) In the fields with his sheep.
(b) The boat.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) At the old man's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
2. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
3. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
4. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
5. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)