|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) With the beautiful girl.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) At home.
(d) In the oasis.
2. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Three crystal stones.
(b) Two crystal stones.
(c) Three oracle stones.
(d) Two oracle stones.
3. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
4. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) He will always stay a shepherd.
(b) Back home.
(c) With the merchant's daughter.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
5. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(c) He chases the boy.
(d) He goes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
2. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
3. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
4. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
5. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)