|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The merchant's daughter.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The gypsy.
2. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
3. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
4. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) More than a year.
5. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) Herding sheep.
(b) With a ticket salesman.
(c) With a camel salesman.
(d) With a crystal merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
2. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
3. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
4. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
5. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)