|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
2. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
3. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He promised his father.
(b) He needs their fleece.
(c) He loves them.
(d) They depend on him.
4. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Two oracle stones.
(b) Two crystal stones.
(c) Three crystal stones.
(d) Three oracle stones.
5. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was right.
(b) The old man was wrong.
(c) The old man did not give him money.
(d) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
2. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
3. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
4. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
5. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)