|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
2. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(b) The castle of the king.
(c) The gypsy's home.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
3. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Translate items for people.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Be just like his father.
4. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
5. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(b) Buys a flock of sheep.
(c) Travels the world.
(d) Buys land to farm near his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
2. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
3. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
4. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
5. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)