|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(c) His parents.
2. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) Back home.
(c) With the merchant's daughter.
(d) He will always stay a shepherd.
3. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) An abandoned church.
(b) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(c) The merchant's store.
(d) A gypsy's caravan.
4. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
5. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
2. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
3. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
4. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
5. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)