|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(b) He does not have to pay her.
(c) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(d) She dies.
2. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
3. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The merchant's daughter.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) The gypsy.
4. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(b) The Seminary's.
(c) His father's.
(d) The gypsy's.
5. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The gypsy's home.
(c) The castle of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
3. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
4. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
5. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)