|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(b) A gypsy's caravan.
(c) An abandoned church.
(d) The merchant's store.
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) In the field with his sheep.
(b) On a bench in the plaza.
(c) At the gypsy's home.
(d) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
3. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Tells his fortune.
(b) Interprets his dreams.
(c) Reads his palm.
(d) Reads the bumps on his head.
4. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
5. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From his father.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From the field.
(d) From the gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
2. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
5. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)