|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) Back home.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) With the merchant's daughter.
(d) He will always stay a shepherd.
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) On a bench in the plaza.
(b) In the field with his sheep.
(c) At the gypsy's home.
(d) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
3. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To become a translator.
(b) To become a shepherd.
(c) To school in Spain
(d) To study at the seminary .
4. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
5. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The castle of the king.
(b) The gypsy's home.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
2. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
3. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
4. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
5. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)