|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
2. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(a) His father's.
(b) The gypsy's.
(d) The Seminary's.
3. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One half of the treasure.
(b) One tenth of the treasure.
(c) Three golden coins.
(d) One fifth of the treasure.
4. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) He will always stay a shepherd.
(b) With the merchant's daughter.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) Back home.
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes back to his flock.
(b) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(c) Runs errands.
(d) Talks to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
2. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
3. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
4. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
5. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)