|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
2. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Interprets his dreams.
(b) Reads the bumps on his head.
(c) Reads his palm.
(d) Tells his fortune.
3. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(a) His father's.
(c) The gypsy's.
(d) The Seminary's.
4. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) The merchant's store.
(b) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(c) A gypsy's caravan.
(d) An abandoned church.
5. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The merchant's daughter.
(d) The gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
2. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
3. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
4. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
5. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)