|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The castle of the king.
(d) The gypsy's home.
2. Who is the main character of this novel?
3. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(b) She dies.
(c) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(d) He does not have to pay her.
4. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) Santiago's father.
(b) The king.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The alchemist.
5. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
2. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
3. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
5. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)