|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One tenth of his treasure.
(b) One half of his treasure.
(c) One half of his flock.
(d) One tenth of his flock.
2. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) His father.
(b) The king.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The gypsy.
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads his palm.
(b) Reads the bumps on his head.
(c) Tells his fortune.
(d) Interprets his dreams.
5. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can read.
(b) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(c) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(d) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
2. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
3. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
4. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)