|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One tenth of his treasure.
(b) One tenth of his flock.
(c) One half of his treasure.
(d) One half of his flock.
2. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) His father.
(c) The king.
(d) The alchemist.
3. Who is the main character of this novel?
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(b) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(c) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(d) The fact that he can read.
5. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
3. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
4. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
5. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)