|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
2. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(b) The fact that he can read.
(c) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(d) The fact that he is a shepherd.
3. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
4. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(b) The gypsy's home.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) The castle of the king.
5. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From the gypsy.
(b) From his father.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
3. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
4. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
5. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)