|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To study at the seminary .
(b) To school in Spain
(c) To become a shepherd.
(d) To become a translator.
2. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Runs errands.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(d) Talks to the king.
3. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One tenth of his treasure.
(b) One tenth of his flock.
(c) One half of his treasure.
(d) One half of his flock.
4. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Buys land to farm near his father.
(d) Buys a flock of sheep.
5. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
2. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
3. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
4. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)