|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) The merchant's store.
(b) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(c) An abandoned church.
(d) A gypsy's caravan.
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the gypsy's home.
(b) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(c) In the field with his sheep.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
3. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) With the merchant's daughter.
(b) Back home.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) He will always stay a shepherd.
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Tells his fortune.
(b) Interprets his dreams.
(c) Reads the bumps on his head.
(d) Reads his palm.
5. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
(a) The Seminary's.
(b) The gypsy's.
(c) His father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
2. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
3. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
4. Who is the main character of this novel?
5. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)