|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(b) She dies.
(c) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(d) He does not have to pay her.
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) On a bench in the plaza.
(b) In the field with his sheep.
(c) At the gypsy's home.
(d) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
3. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One tenth of the treasure.
(b) One fifth of the treasure.
(c) Three golden coins.
(d) One half of the treasure.
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Be just like his father.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Translate items for people.
5. Who is the main character of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
2. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
5. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)