|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
2. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To study at the seminary .
(b) To school in Spain
(c) To become a shepherd.
(d) To become a translator.
3. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
4. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(b) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(c) The possibility of traveling the world.
(d) The possibility of being a shepherd.
5. Who is the main character of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
2. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
3. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
4. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)