|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(b) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(c) The possibility of traveling the world.
(d) The possibility of being a shepherd.
2. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Talks to the king.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Runs errands.
(d) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
3. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Interprets his dreams.
(b) Reads the bumps on his head.
(c) Reads his palm.
(d) Tells his fortune.
4. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) A king.
(b) His father.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
5. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys land to farm near his father.
(b) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(c) Buys a flock of sheep.
(d) Travels the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
4. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
5. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)