|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Be just like his father.
(b) Translate items for people.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Become a priest.
2. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) His father.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The king.
3. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(b) The possibility of traveling the world.
(c) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(d) The possibility of having a dream come true.
4. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
5. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
3. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
4. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
5. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)