|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
(a) To realize his obligations.
(b) To share his wealth.
(c) To realize his destiny.
(d) To fulfill his obligations.
2. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One half of the treasure.
(b) Three golden coins.
(c) One tenth of the treasure.
(d) One fifth of the treasure.
3. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) An abandoned church.
(b) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(c) A gypsy's caravan.
(d) The merchant's store.
4. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) A king.
(b) His father.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
5. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(b) The fact that he can read.
(c) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(d) The fact that he is a shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
2. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
3. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
5. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)