|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 (through page 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Interprets his dreams.
(b) Reads his palm.
(c) Reads the bumps on his head.
(d) Tells his fortune.
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys land to farm near his father.
(b) Buys a flock of sheep.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Travels the world.
3. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
(a) To school in Spain
(b) To become a shepherd.
(c) To become a translator.
(d) To study at the seminary .
4. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) A gypsy's caravan.
(b) The merchant's store.
(c) An abandoned church.
(d) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
5. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The king.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) Santiago's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
2. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
5. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)