|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
(a) They continue on their journey.
(b) They are captured as spies.
(c) They meet some armed tribesman.
(d) They pass an encampment.
2. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Interprets his dreams.
(b) Reads the bumps on his head.
(c) Tells his fortune.
(d) Reads his palm.
3. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Loses him.
(b) Teaches him.
(c) Helps him find riches.
(d) Tests him.
4. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
(c) Tribal Chief.
5. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Looks for the old man.
(b) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(c) Searches for the other boy.
(d) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
2. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
3. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
4. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
5. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)