|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One month.
(b) Many years.
(c) Many months.
(d) One year.
2. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) They depend on him.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He needs their fleece.
(d) He promised his father.
3. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(a) A beautiful girl.
(b) The camel driver.
(c) The Alchemist.
4. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(b) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(c) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
(d) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
5. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) That he should be afraid of the war.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) Where to find the alchemist.
(d) To stay away from the Englishmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
4. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
5. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)