|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(c) How to find positive omens.
(d) How to survive in the desert.
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
(a) To create the Elixir of Life.
(b) To point people toward their destiny.
(c) To purify metal.
(d) To create the Soul of the World.
3. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(b) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(c) The possibility of traveling the world.
(d) The possibility of having a dream come true.
4. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One half of the treasure.
(b) One tenth of the treasure.
(c) One fifth of the treasure.
(d) Three golden coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago think the object he offered to build the crystal merchant will do?
2. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
3. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
4. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
5. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)