|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(b) How to find positive omens.
(c) How to turn lead into gold.
(d) How to survive in the desert.
2. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
(a) Being a herder.
(b) Being a merchant.
(c) Being a counselor.
(d) Being a camel rider.
3. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
4. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
(a) The Elixir of Life.
(b) The heart.
(c) The omens of the desert.
(d) The Philosopher's Stone.
5. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About three months.
(b) About twelve months.
(c) About six months.
(d) About one month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
2. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
3. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
4. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
5. What happens after the oasis is attacked?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)