|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Tells his fortune.
(b) Interprets his dreams.
(c) Reads the bumps on his head.
(d) Reads his palm.
2. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) The king.
(b) Santiago's father.
(c) The gypsy.
(d) The alchemist.
3. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Hundreds of people only.
(b) Hundreds of people and animals.
(c) Dozens of people and animals.
(d) Thousands of people and animals.
4. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) Many months.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Many years.
5. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(b) A ticket to Egypt.
(c) A regular job.
(d) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
2. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
3. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
4. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
5. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)