|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Searches for the other boy.
(b) Looks for the old man.
(c) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(d) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
2. What does Fatima trust in?
(a) The alchemist.
(c) The tribal chief.
(d) The fates of the desert.
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A furnace.
(c) An alchemy hut.
(d) A war shelter.
4. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The merchant's daughter.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) The gypsy.
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His desire to go to Mecca.
(b) His love for Fatima.
(c) His fear of the alchemist.
(d) His longing to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
2. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
3. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
4. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
5. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)