|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The protection of the crystals.
(b) The Elixir of Life.
(c) He is rich.
(d) The omens.
2. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(b) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(c) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(d) The possibility of traveling the world.
3. Why does the crystal merchant take awhile to decide whether or not to allow Santiago to make the object Santiago offered to make?
(a) He is afraid of thieves.
(b) He cannot afford it.
(c) He needs to keep his crystal in his shop.
(d) He does not like change.
4. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
5. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The castle of the king.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) The gypsy's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
2. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
3. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
4. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
5. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)