|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
(a) At home.
(b) With the beautiful girl.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) In the oasis.
2. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Many years.
(d) Many months.
3. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Translate items for people.
(d) Be just like his father.
4. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One half of the treasure.
(b) One fifth of the treasure.
(c) One tenth of the treasure.
(d) Three golden coins.
5. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Enthusiasm and energy.
(b) Godliness and peace.
(c) Hatred and revenge.
(d) Happiness and joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
3. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
4. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
5. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)