|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(b) The Universe.
2. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Runs errands.
(b) Talks to the king.
(c) Goes back to his flock.
(d) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
3. How does the decision to not return home in Part 3 make Santiago feel?
4. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
(a) Like a hawk.
(b) By saying goodbye to Fatima.
(c) By trying to do what he wants to do.
(d) Like a warrior.
5. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
(a) Into the desert.
(b) To the tribal chief.
(c) To the pyramids.
(d) To see Fatima.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
2. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
3. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
4. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
5. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)