|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
(a) A home with the tribe.
(b) A space to build a stand and become a merchant.
(c) Gold pieces.
(d) A horse.
2. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) Back home.
(b) He will always stay a shepherd.
(c) With the merchant's daughter.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
3. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
4. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
(a) To laugh.
(b) There is no danger.
(c) To join the encampment.
(d) To be wary.
5. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Dozens of people and animals.
(b) Thousands of people and animals.
(c) Hundreds of people only.
(d) Hundreds of people and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
2. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
3. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
4. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
5. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)