|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One tenth of the treasure.
(b) One half of the treasure.
(c) One fifth of the treasure.
(d) Three golden coins.
2. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About one month.
(b) About three months.
(c) About six months.
(d) About twelve months.
3. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Helps him find riches.
(b) Teaches him.
(c) Tests him.
(d) Loses him.
4. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
(a) To visit all of the oases.
(b) To study the omens of the desert.
(c) To get their as fast as they can.
(d) To avoid battles.
5. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was wrong.
(b) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
(c) The old man did not give him money.
(d) The old man was right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
2. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
3. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
5. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)