|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
2. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
(a) To protect the desert.
(b) To have women and children fight in the war.
(c) To not choose sides in the battle.
(d) Not to carry arms.
3. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
(b) A horse.
(c) Gold pieces.
(d) A camel.
4. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
(b) Language of the desert.
5. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
(a) A home with the tribe.
(b) A space to build a stand and become a merchant.
(c) A horse.
(d) Gold pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
2. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
3. Who rides to join the caravan periodically and warns of dangers ahead?
4. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
5. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)