|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the alchemist supposed to be?
(a) 100 years old.
(b) 200 years old.
(c) 300 years old.
(d) 90 years old.
2. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads his palm.
(b) Interprets his dreams.
(c) Tells his fortune.
(d) Reads the bumps on his head.
3. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
(a) Santiago is banished from the oasis.
(b) Santiago's warning does not come true.
(c) The oasis is attacked.
(d) The Alchemist leaves the oasis.
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Enthusiasm and energy.
(b) Godliness and peace.
(c) Happiness and joy.
(d) Hatred and revenge.
5. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) With a camel salesman.
(b) With a crystal merchant.
(c) With a ticket salesman.
(d) Herding sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
2. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
3. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
4. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
5. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)