|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
2. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Crystal glasses.
(b) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
(c) Tea and cookies.
(d) Crystals with omens inside.
3. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 5 days.
4. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
5. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
(a) The beautiful girl.
(b) The crystal merchant.
(c) Santiago's father.
(d) The Alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
2. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
3. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
4. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)