|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys a flock of sheep.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Buys land to farm near his father.
(d) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
2. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. How large is the caravan Santiago is on in Part 3?
(a) Thousands of people and animals.
(b) Hundreds of people only.
(c) Hundreds of people and animals.
(d) Dozens of people and animals.
4. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
(b) Egyptian pyramids.
5. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
(a) Why the alchemist has the Philosopher's Stone.
(b) Why the alchemist has the Elixir of Life.
(c) What tribe they belong to.
(d) Why Santiago has money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
2. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
3. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
4. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
5. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)