|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
(a) To laugh.
(b) To be wary.
(c) To join the encampment.
(d) There is no danger.
2. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
(a) What will come.
(b) His destiny.
(c) Fear of the suffering.
(d) Living an unfulfilled destiny.
3. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A war between good and evil.
(b) A war of tribal improprieties.
(c) A battle for the balance of power.
(d) A short war.
4. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
(a) Oasis counselor.
(b) Oasis tribal leader.
(c) Oasis alchemist.
(d) Oasis guard.
5. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
(a) Go home and work for his father.
(b) Start his own crystal shop.
(c) Go to Egypt.
(d) Buy a new flock of sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
2. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
3. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
5. What does the Alchemist advise Santiago to listen to in order to immerse himself in the desert?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)