|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(b) The possibility of traveling the world.
(c) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(d) The possibility of being a shepherd.
2. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
(a) The gypsy.
(b) The king.
(c) The alchemist.
(d) Santiago's father.
3. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From his father.
(b) From the field.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From the gypsy.
4. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
(a) One tenth of his flock.
(b) One half of his flock.
(c) One tenth of his treasure.
(d) One half of his treasure.
5. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) It is stolen by the boy.
(b) He loses it and cannot find it.
(c) It is stolen by the old man.
(d) He gives it to the crystal maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
4. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
5. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)