|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) A king.
(b) An old man.
(c) His father.
(d) A child.
2. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
(a) Urim and Omen.
(b) Urim and Thummim.
(c) Gypsy and Thummim.
(d) Omen and Gypsy.
3. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From the field.
(c) From his father.
(d) From the gypsy.
4. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
(a) Herding sheep.
(b) With a camel salesman.
(c) With a crystal merchant.
(d) With a ticket salesman.
5. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(b) The castle of the king.
(c) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) The gypsy's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
2. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
3. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
4. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)