|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
2. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) He loses it and cannot find it.
(b) It is stolen by the old man.
(c) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(d) It is stolen by the boy.
3. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(b) Buys a flock of sheep.
(c) Travels the world.
(d) Buys land to farm near his father.
4. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He chases the boy.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(d) He cries.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
2. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
3. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
4. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)