|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
2. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(b) He cries.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He chases the boy.
3. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
(a) His father.
(b) A child.
(c) An old man.
(d) A king.
4. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(a) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
(b) A regular job.
(c) A ticket to Egypt.
5. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
(a) To realize his obligations.
(b) To realize his destiny.
(c) To share his wealth.
(d) To fulfill his obligations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
3. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
5. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)