|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
2. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(b) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(c) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(d) The fact that he can read.
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
5. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
(a) Hidden treasure.
(b) The king.
(c) His life's desire.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
2. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
3. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
4. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
5. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)