|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) With the merchant's daughter.
(b) Back home.
(c) He will always stay a shepherd.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
2. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
3. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(b) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
(c) A regular job.
(d) A ticket to Egypt.
4. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) In the field with his sheep.
(b) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(c) At the gypsy's home.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
5. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(b) The possibility of being a shepherd.
(c) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(d) The possibility of traveling the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
2. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
3. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
4. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
5. Who visits Santiago in his dreams?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)