|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The two stones.
(b) The beautiful girl.
(c) His book.
(d) The gypsy.
2. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
(b) The old man was right.
(c) The old man did not give him money.
(d) The old man was wrong.
3. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
(a) The possibility of having a dream come true.
(b) The possibility of traveling the world.
(c) The possibility of meeting the merchant's daughter.
(d) The possibility of being a shepherd.
4. What is Santiago looking for in his dream that he never finds?
(a) The king.
(b) Hidden treasure.
(c) A woman.
(d) His life's desire.
5. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
4. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
5. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)