|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
2. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
(a) Washing windows.
(b) Cleaning the crystal.
(c) Running errands.
(d) Making crystals.
3. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Searches for the other boy.
(b) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(c) Looks for the old man.
(d) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
4. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Translate items for people.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Be just like his father.
5. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) She dies.
(b) He does not have to pay her.
(c) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(d) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
3. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
4. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
5. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)