|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Looks for the old man.
(b) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(c) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(d) Searches for the other boy.
2. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
3. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
4. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) Two camels.
(b) Two crystals.
(c) Two stones.
(d) A ticket on the boat.
5. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) Back home.
(c) He will always stay a shepherd.
(d) With the merchant's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
2. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
3. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
4. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
5. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)