|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
2. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads his palm.
(b) Reads the bumps on his head.
(c) Interprets his dreams.
(d) Tells his fortune.
3. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) One month.
(b) More than a year.
(c) One day.
(d) More than two years.
4. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) Three golden coins.
(b) One half of the treasure.
(c) One fifth of the treasure.
(d) One tenth of the treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
2. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
3. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
4. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
5. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)