|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
2. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Searches for the other boy.
(b) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
(c) Looks for the old man.
(d) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
(a) To share his wealth.
(b) To fulfill his obligations.
(c) To realize his obligations.
(d) To realize his destiny.
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He promised his father.
(b) They depend on him.
(c) He needs their fleece.
(d) He loves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
3. The first time Santiago approaches the ticket window, what does he leave with?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
5. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)