|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(b) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(c) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(d) The fact that he can read.
2. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He chases the boy.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
3. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than two years.
(b) More than a year.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
4. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The castle of the king.
(b) The Egyptian pyramids.
(d) The gypsy's home.
5. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) A gypsy's caravan.
(b) The merchant's store.
(c) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(d) An abandoned church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
2. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
3. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
4. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
5. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)