|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was wrong.
(b) The old man was right.
(c) The old man did not give him money.
(d) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
2. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
3. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
4. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He needs their fleece.
(b) He promised his father.
(c) He loves them.
(d) They depend on him.
5. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he can read.
(b) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(c) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(d) The fact that he is a shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
2. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
3. Who is the main character of this novel?
4. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
5. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)