|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The king.
(c) His father.
(d) The gypsy.
2. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
3. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To become a shop owner.
(b) To go to Egypt.
(c) To make crystals.
(d) To buy a new herd of sheep.
4. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) It is stolen by the boy.
(b) He loses it and cannot find it.
(c) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(d) It is stolen by the old man.
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) They depend on him.
(b) He needs their fleece.
(c) He promised his father.
(d) He loves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fields does Santiago travel with his flock of animals?
2. According to Part 1, what does Santiago believe will keep life interesting?
3. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
4. Where did Santiago's mother and father send him?
5. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)