|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 50).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
2. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
(b) Two stones.
3. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He does not have to pay her.
(b) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(c) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(d) She dies.
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(b) The fact that he can read.
(c) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
(d) The fact that he is a shepherd.
5. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king describe as the only real obligation in life?
2. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
4. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
5. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)