|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From the field.
(b) From the gypsy.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his father.
2. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
(a) They are home to the alchemist.
(b) They are home to women and children.
(c) They hold no weapons.
(d) There are many jewels.
3. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was right.
(b) The old man was wrong.
(c) The old man did not give him money.
(d) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the soul.
(b) Soul of the heart.
(c) Heart of the world.
(d) Soul of the world.
5. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) Many years.
(b) One month.
(c) Many months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
3. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
5. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)