|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(d) The Universe.
2. What does Santiago want to do with the money he earns by working for a merchant?
(a) Start his own crystal shop.
(b) Go to Egypt.
(c) Buy a new flock of sheep.
(d) Go home and work for his father.
3. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
(b) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(c) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(d) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
4. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About one month.
(b) About three months.
(c) About six months.
(d) About twelve months.
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(b) Runs errands.
(c) Talks to the king.
(d) Goes back to his flock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
2. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
3. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
4. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
5. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)