|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than a year.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) More than two years.
2. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the world.
(b) Soul of the world.
(c) Soul of the heart.
(d) Heart of the soul.
3. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
(a) Philosopher's stone.
(b) Elixir of Life.
(d) Soul of the World.
4. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The Elixir of Life.
(b) The omens.
(c) The protection of the crystals.
(d) He is rich.
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One half of the treasure.
(b) Three golden coins.
(c) One fifth of the treasure.
(d) One tenth of the treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
3. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
4. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
5. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)