|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Buys a flock of sheep.
(b) Travels the world.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Buys land to farm near his father.
2. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) A gypsy's caravan.
(b) An abandoned church.
(c) The merchant's store.
(d) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
3. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Soul of the heart.
(b) Soul of the world.
(c) Heart of the soul.
(d) Heart of the world.
4. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Talks to the king.
(d) Runs errands.
5. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Three crystal stones.
(b) Two crystal stones.
(c) Three oracle stones.
(d) Two oracle stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
2. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
3. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
4. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
5. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)