|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
(a) The philosopher's stone.
(b) The discovery of how all things communicate.
(c) Liquid half of the Master Work.
(d) The language in which all things are said to communicate.
2. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) The oasis.
(b) The Soul of the World.
(c) Back to Spain.
(d) A merchant shop.
3. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the soul.
(b) Soul of the heart.
(c) Heart of the world.
(d) Soul of the world.
4. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
(a) The two stones.
(b) The beautiful girl.
(c) His book.
(d) The gypsy.
5. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
Short Answer Questions
1. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
2. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
3. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
5. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)