|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
(a) They hold no weapons.
(b) They are home to the alchemist.
(c) There are many jewels.
(d) They are home to women and children.
2. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(b) To go to Egypt.
(c) To become a shop owner.
(d) To make crystals.
3. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) Two crystals.
(b) Two camels.
(c) A ticket on the boat.
(d) Two stones.
4. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A war of tribal improprieties.
(b) A war between good and evil.
(c) A battle for the balance of power.
(d) A short war.
5. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels the world.
(b) Buys a flock of sheep.
(c) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(d) Buys land to farm near his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
2. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
3. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
4. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
5. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)