|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
(a) The discovery of how all things communicate.
(b) The language in which all things are said to communicate.
(c) The philosopher's stone.
(d) Liquid half of the Master Work.
2. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) Back to Spain.
(b) The oasis.
(c) A merchant shop.
(d) The Soul of the World.
3. About how long does it take to determine if the object Santiago makes the crystal merchant is a big success?
(a) Within a month.
(b) Within two months.
(c) Within six months.
(d) Within four months.
4. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
5. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(b) That he should be afraid of the war.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) Where to find the alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
2. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
4. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
5. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)