|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
2. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
(a) To stay away from the Englishmen.
(b) Where to find the alchemist.
(c) That he should be afraid of the war.
(d) That she loves him.
3. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(a) Philosopher's stones.
(d) A revolver.
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Hatred and revenge.
(b) Happiness and joy.
(c) Godliness and peace.
(d) Enthusiasm and energy.
5. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He buys two camels with it.
(b) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(c) He gives it to the old man.
(d) He gives it to the boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
2. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
3. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
4. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
5. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)