|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(c) How to survive in the desert.
(d) How to find positive omens.
2. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From his father.
(b) From the gypsy.
(c) From the field.
(d) From his mother.
3. Where does Santiago sleep after being robbed?
(a) The boat.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) At the old man's house.
(d) In the fields with his sheep.
4. What is Santiago's second suggestion to improve the crystal merchant's business?
(a) Tea and cookies.
(b) Crystal glasses.
(c) Crystals with omens inside.
(d) Crystal glasses with tea in them.
5. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
(a) One half of the treasure.
(b) One fifth of the treasure.
(c) Three golden coins.
(d) One tenth of the treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alone will not suffice, according to the Englishman, to make it across the desert?
2. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
3. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
4. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
5. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)