|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
(a) Goes to find the merchant's daughter.
(b) Goes back to his flock.
(c) Runs errands.
(d) Talks to the king.
2. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
3. What fear does the crystal merchant have about Santiago's second suggestion of how to improve his business?
(b) People will get sick.
(c) He will be unable to make what Santiago suggests.
(d) He will have to expand his business.
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
(a) Heart of the world.
(b) Heart of the soul.
(c) Soul of the world.
(d) Soul of the heart.
5. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
(a) Three crystal stones.
(b) Two oracle stones.
(c) Three oracle stones.
(d) Two crystal stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
4. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
5. Which of the following characters does not meet with Santiago during Part 1 of the novel?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)