|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(d) Muslim beliefs.
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) On a bench in the plaza.
(b) At the gypsy's home.
(c) In the field with his sheep.
(d) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
3. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
(a) He only had to pay her a small fee.
(b) He believes her interpretation of the dream.
(c) He does not have to pay her.
(d) She dies.
4. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) He loses it and cannot find it.
(b) It is stolen by the boy.
(c) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(d) It is stolen by the old man.
5. Who is the main character of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
2. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
3. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
4. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
5. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)