|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what does Santiago want to do with his life?
(a) Be just like his father.
(b) Translate items for people.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Become a priest.
2. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
(a) Learns Arabic.
(b) Creates the Elixir of Life.
(c) Reads the Englishman's books.
(d) Learns to turn lead into gold.
3. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
(a) At the gypsy's home.
(b) At the house of the merchant's daughter.
(c) In the field with his sheep.
(d) On a bench in the plaza.
4. About how long after Santiago builds something for the crystal merchant does Santiago believe it will take him to earn enough money to return home?
(a) About three months.
(b) About twelve months.
(c) About one month.
(d) About six months.
5. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He needs their fleece.
(c) They depend on him.
(d) He promised his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
2. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
3. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
4. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
5. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)