|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
(a) The protection of the crystals.
(b) The omens.
(c) He is rich.
(d) The Elixir of Life.
2. Where does Santiago get three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From the field.
(c) From his father.
(d) From the gypsy.
3. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
4. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
(a) Omen and Gypsy.
(b) Urim and Thummim.
(c) Urim and Omen.
(d) Gypsy and Thummim.
5. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(a) A regular job.
(c) A ticket to Egypt.
(d) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What demand does the king have if Santiago is serious about learning more about his hidden treasure?
2. What does Santiago offer to build for the crystal merchant?
3. Why is Santiago relieved when he leaves the individual whom he discussed his dream with?
4. What does the Englishman say it is called when people are engaged in an activity with all of their heart?
5. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)