|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
(a) It is stolen by the old man.
(b) He loses it and cannot find it.
(c) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(d) It is stolen by the boy.
2. What does Santiago decide in Part 1 that he will no longer believe?
(d) His parents.
3. What warning does the caravan leader give to Santiago and the others?
(a) In the desert, disobedience means death.
(b) In the desert, you must obey the camels.
(c) In the caravan, you must obey the Bedouins.
(d) In the caravan, disobedience means death.
4. What does Santiago do with the three ancient Spanish gold coins?
(a) Travels to the town of Andalusia.
(b) Buys land to farm near his father.
(c) Buys a flock of sheep.
(d) Travels the world.
5. Where is Santiago transported in his dreams?
(a) The castle of the king.
(c) The gypsy's home.
(d) The Egyptian pyramids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
2. Where is the caravan traveling in Part 3?
3. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
4. Who does Santiago visit before he goes to see the merchant's daughter?
5. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)