|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Soul of the World is which of the following?
(a) The discovery of how all things communicate.
(b) The language in which all things are said to communicate.
(c) Liquid half of the Master Work.
(d) The philosopher's stone.
2. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
(c) Date palms.
3. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A short war.
(b) A war between good and evil.
(c) A battle for the balance of power.
(d) A war of tribal improprieties.
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Enthusiasm and energy.
(b) Happiness and joy.
(c) Godliness and peace.
(d) Hatred and revenge.
5. How long has the main character been doing his job in Part 1?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comforts Santiago after he is taken advantage of in Part 2?
2. How many times has Santiago had the dream about the child?
3. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
4. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
5. What does Santiago do immediately after leaving the individual who performed a service for him in Part 1?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)