|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Happiness and joy.
(b) Hatred and revenge.
(c) Enthusiasm and energy.
(d) Godliness and peace.
2. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
3. In what building does Santiago spend the night before heading into the village to meet the merchant's daughter?
(a) The church where he learned the seminary skills.
(b) A gypsy's caravan.
(c) An abandoned church.
(d) The merchant's store.
4. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
(a) Reads the Englishman's books.
(b) Learns Arabic.
(c) Learns to turn lead into gold.
(d) Creates the Elixir of Life.
5. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
2. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
3. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
4. What payment does the individual Santiago visits in Part 1 demand for the service she provided him?
5. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)