|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Happiness and joy.
(b) Godliness and peace.
(c) Enthusiasm and energy.
(d) Hatred and revenge.
2. What is the Englishman in Part 3 looking for?
(c) An alchemist.
3. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man was wrong.
(b) The old man was right.
(c) The old man did not give him money.
(d) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
4. What does the individual who Santiago visits in Part 1 before going to see the merchant's daughter do for him?
(a) Reads the bumps on his head.
(b) Interprets his dreams.
(c) Reads his palm.
(d) Tells his fortune.
5. While sleeping on the stone floor in Part 1, who does Santiago think about?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) The alchemist.
(c) The merchant's daughter.
(d) The gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
2. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
3. What animal makes up Santiago's flock?
4. Where does the old man tell Santiago that his treasure can be found?
5. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)