|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman want the alchemist to teach him?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) How to make the Elixir of Life.
(c) How to survive in the desert.
(d) How to find positive omens.
2. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
(a) Creating crystals.
(b) Cleaning windows.
(c) Cleaning up after camels.
(d) Selling tickets.
3. What does the Englishman in Part 3 believe in that Santiago also believes?
(d) Muslim beliefs.
4. How many golden coins does Santiago's father find in the field?
5. What language does Santiago learn while working for the merchant in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the crystal merchant, where are Muslims obligated to visit?
2. What is the job of the main character in Part 1?
3. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
4. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
5. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)