|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 (through page 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Santiago study Spanish and Latin?
2. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A furnace.
(b) An alchemy hut.
(c) A war shelter.
(d) A bookshelf.
3. Where does Santiago's father think he will end up after he has seen the world in his travels?
(a) The Egyptian pyramids.
(b) Back home.
(c) With the merchant's daughter.
(d) He will always stay a shepherd.
4. What about Santiago does he think will surprise the merchant's daughter when he gets to the village?
(a) The fact that he is a shepherd.
(b) The fact that he can read.
(c) The fact that he wants to become a priest.
(d) The fact that he can speak Latin and Greek.
5. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Englishman say the alchemist is able to live so long?
2. Where does Santiago meet the old man in Part 1?
3. With the money Santiago has earned working for the merchant in Part 3, how many sheep should Santiago be able to purchase?
4. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
5. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)