|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their souls.
(c) Love of another.
(d) New knowledge.
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
(a) Heart trials.
(b) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(c) Major tests.
3. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) About alchemy.
(c) How to turn gold into lead.
(d) How to find his treasure.
4. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The power to create oases.
(b) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(c) The power to turn lead into gold.
(d) The power to turn himself into wind.
5. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) More than two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) More than a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
2. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
3. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
4. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
5. Which of the follow is not something Santiago decides is a step on the way to his destiny?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)