|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do upon waking in Part 2, after being robbed?
(a) Tries to find money to buy a new ticket to Africa.
(b) Searches for the other boy.
(c) Looks for the old man.
(d) Helps a merchant assemble his stall.
2. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(c) A revolver.
(d) Philosopher's stones.
3. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
(a) Fear of the suffering.
(b) Living an unfulfilled destiny.
(c) His destiny.
(d) What will come.
4. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To create the Master Work.
(b) To keep his tent warm.
(c) To begin turning lead into gold.
(d) To make the Elixir of Life.
5. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) How to turn lead into gold.
(b) How to turn gold into lead.
(c) How to find his treasure.
(d) About alchemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
2. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
3. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
4. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
5. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)