|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(b) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
(c) Money and the Elixir of Life.
(d) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
2. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A furnace.
(c) An alchemy hut.
(d) A war shelter.
3. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
(a) You already know how to do it.
(b) Try doing it.
(c) I will not teach you.
(d) You are not worthy.
4. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Get scared.
5. What is the payment Santiago expects for completing his first job on his journey?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(d) A ticket to Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
2. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
3. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
4. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
5. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)