|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) A ticket on the boat.
(b) Two stones.
(c) Two camels.
(d) Two crystals.
2. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
(a) About alchemy.
(b) How to turn gold into lead.
(c) How to find his treasure.
(d) How to turn lead into gold.
3. What does the old man says that conspires to see that people really get what they want?
(a) The Universe.
4. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
(a) Never finding love.
(b) Suffering and losing what it has won.
(c) Never being successful.
(d) Fulfilling his destiny.
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To buy a new herd of sheep.
(b) To make crystals.
(c) To become a shop owner.
(d) To go to Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
2. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
3. What ultimately happens to the money Santiago had from selling his flock?
4. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
5. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)