|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A war between good and evil.
(b) A short war.
(c) A battle for the balance of power.
(d) A war of tribal improprieties.
2. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
(a) They hold no weapons.
(b) They are home to women and children.
(c) There are many jewels.
(d) They are home to the alchemist.
3. How much of his flock does Santiago's friend buy?
4. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
(a) You are not worthy.
(b) Try doing it.
(c) I will not teach you.
(d) You already know how to do it.
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
(a) To go to Egypt.
(b) To become a shop owner.
(c) To make crystals.
(d) To buy a new herd of sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
2. Where does Santiago get his first a job on his journey?
3. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
5. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)