|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
(a) They are home to women and children.
(b) They hold no weapons.
(c) They are home to the alchemist.
(d) There are many jewels.
2. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
(a) The Camel driver, Santiago's friend.
(b) The Alchemist.
(d) The Englishman.
3. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
(a) The omens of the desert.
(b) The heart.
(c) The Elixir of Life.
(d) The Philosopher's Stone.
4. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) A merchant shop.
(b) The Soul of the World.
(c) The oasis.
(d) Back to Spain.
5. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
(a) Philosopher's Stone.
(b) Elixir of Life.
(c) Soul of God.
(d) Soul of the World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regular job does Santiago eventually acquire in Part 2?
2. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
4. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
5. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)