|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
(a) Get scared.
(b) Run away.
2. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
(a) Reads the Englishman's books.
(b) Creates the Elixir of Life.
(c) Learns Arabic.
(d) Learns to turn lead into gold.
3. How much of his flock does Santiago give to the old man?
4. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) One month.
(b) Many years.
(c) Many months.
(d) One year.
5. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) An alchemy hut.
(b) A furnace.
(c) A war shelter.
(d) A bookshelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
2. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
3. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
4. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
5. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)