|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will abandon their destiny.
(b) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(c) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
(d) They will never reach their own.
2. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
(a) New knowledge.
(b) Love of another.
(c) Their souls.
(d) Their hearts.
3. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
(a) Try doing it.
(b) You are not worthy.
(c) You already know how to do it.
(d) I will not teach you.
4. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
(a) Many months.
(b) Many years.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
5. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
(a) Two camels.
(b) Two stones.
(c) A ticket on the boat.
(d) Two crystals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
2. What are the names of the stones Santiago carries in Part 2?
3. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
4. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
5. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)