|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) The evil side.
(b) The good side.
(c) Both sides.
(d) Neither side.
2. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
(b) The Camel driver, Santiago's friend.
(c) The Alchemist.
(d) The Englishman.
3. What happens to Santiago's money in Part 2?
(a) He gives it to the old man.
(b) He buys two camels with it.
(c) He gives it to the crystal maker.
(d) He gives it to the boy.
4. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
(a) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(b) Heart trials.
(c) Major tests.
5. How long does the crystal merchant say it would take Santiago to earn the amount of money needed to go to Egypt?
(a) One month.
(b) More than a year.
(c) One day.
(d) More than two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
2. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
3. What does the boy in Part 2 tell Santiago he must buy in order to travel?
4. Which of the following does Santiago not have left after his interaction with the boy in Part 2?
5. What does Santiago say he will use the money he earns working for a merchant for?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)