|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
(a) Godliness and peace.
(b) Enthusiasm and energy.
(c) Happiness and joy.
(d) Hatred and revenge.
2. To where is Santiago planning on traveling by ship in Part 2?
3. What principles does the old man tell Santiago about which create luck?
4. What about his discussion with the old man annoys Santiago in Part 2?
(a) The old man didn't give him any useful information.
(b) The old man was right.
(c) The old man did not give him money.
(d) The old man was wrong.
5. What does the old man advise Santiago to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
2. Why does Santiago feel he must stay with his flock of animals at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Which of the following is true about the oasis?
4. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
5. What does the old man give to Santiago in Part 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)