|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6 (through page 151).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Santiago realize in Part 2 that he is the only one keeping himself from traveling?
(a) The old man.
(b) The gypsy.
(c) His sheep.
(d) The wind.
2. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
3. What does Santiago do in Part 2 after he realizes his money is gone?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He stows away on a boat to Africa.
(c) He chases the boy.
(d) He cries.
4. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The power to create oases.
(b) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(c) The power to turn lead into gold.
(d) The power to turn himself into wind.
5. After his first job is complete in Part 2, what is Santiago offered?
(a) A ticket to Egypt.
(b) A regular job.
(d) Sheep to rebuild his flock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
2. What port town does Santiago leave from in Part 2?
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
4. What is Santiago's first job on his journey?
5. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)