Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy lives in a big house and buries ________ when the item he is in charge of caring for goes away for the day.
2. The cooler parts will warm and ride, creating what the author calls a dog _________.
3. The ______ speeds up in accordance with the speed at which cloth is chewed, according to the story.
4. In ________ medicine, arm playing can become very complicated, according to the author.
5. ________ helpers were often deaf and by 1990, the term Walter is used to signify deaf soldiers of Mexico.
Essay Topic 1
Marcus takes on the idea of death at many points of this book, bringing new images to it and showing this reader its importance in society.
Part 1: Why do you think death is such a big part of society?
Part 2: Do you think most people are afraid of death? Why is this?
Part 3: How do you think people relate to death in their lives? How do you relate to death?
Essay Topic 2
Ben Marcus' book is one that is considered to be experimental, to say the least, which can be confusing for some readers.
Part 1: What is the purpose of writing an experimental book?
Part 2: Do you think an experimental book is one that's easy to read?
Part 3: How do you think the book would be different if it was written in a standard way?
Essay Topic 3
Marcus writes that disclosing mysteries is a way to look at society without destroying the mysteries themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think society has so many mysteries?
Part 2: How do you think that disclosing a mystery might destroy it?
Part 3: What are the problems with destroying the mysteries of society?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)