|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ is described as a eulogy that is delivered beside a grave, according to this section of the stories.
2. An object called a directional ______ transmits the pulses of the wind or what the author terms film.
3. Inside the vessel of the _______, substances can be moved, divided, reduced, or enumerated.
4. Dogs depend on the principle that ________ expand when heated.
5. How many sections of the brain are able to resist the birdcalls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcus uses names in the book, but does not give them traditional definitions. For example, Jennifer is the partial inability to see hands.
Part 1: What is the purpose of assigning new definitions to words in the book?
Part 2: Do you think Marcus is trying to be confusing to the reader?
Part 3: How do the new definitions expand the meaning of words for the reader?
Essay Topic 2
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
Essay Topic 3
The brain is divided into nine different loaves, some of which are able to resist bird calls.
Part 1: What is the significance of the number 'nine' in this description of the brain?
Part 2: Do you think the brain is as fragmented as the author describes?
Part 3: How do you think the brain might be separated in real life?
This section contains 1,445 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)