|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy also has another animal, named _________, that has been shaved.
2. A ________ walks among the people and kills them.
3. ________ interception is an obstruction that takes the form of patterns or clouds people see when bids fly.
4. The ______ speeds up in accordance with the speed at which cloth is chewed, according to the story.
5. ________ is impossible in a severe storm from Mrs. Marcus, unless a small house is made out of a boy's hair.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the father tell the boy needs to happen in order to help Monk?
2. What happens when the boy decides to pray to the bird, according to the story?
3. What is the process of detecting the position of remote things, even birds?
4. What is described in the Circle of Willis, one of the many sections in this book?
5. Where does family energy come from, according to the section entitled "Flap, Wire, and Name"?
6. What is the object of the hiding-ball game, according to the writing in the story?
7. What happens to the skin when a wind gun is used?
8. How is 'arm' described in Biology?
9. What is the idea of a drowning balance, according to the description in this section?
10. What is the only way that a person can escape from a dog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin, according to the book's description.
Part 1: Why do you think the Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin?
Part 2: Can a false map be made to be true or is it unchangeable?
Part 3: How do you think a false map can still be useful in life?
Essay Topic 2
The brain is divided into nine different loaves, some of which are able to resist bird calls.
Part 1: What is the significance of the number 'nine' in this description of the brain?
Part 2: Do you think the brain is as fragmented as the author describes?
Part 3: How do you think the brain might be separated in real life?
Essay Topic 3
Brian seems to be an important figure in this book, as denying him food encourages travelers to sleep or lie down.
Part 1: How would you define the figure that is Brian in the book?
Part 2: What might happen if Brian were to be denied food in an airport?
Part 3: Why do you think that only travelers are impacted by the denying of food?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)