|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sexes will have more trouble being blinded by the sparks when welding?
2. If any _______ flows into the car, the driver or passenger coughs and it is expelled into the ocean.
3. _________ leave the room with the unnamed men, via a wire.
4. The boy lives in a big house and buries ________ when the item he is in charge of caring for goes away for the day.
5. In ________ medicine, arm playing can become very complicated, according to the author.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A father makes confessions while lying in what appears to be a grave made of glass, which is thought to be symbolism of some sort.
Part 1: Why does the author make the descriptions so vague for the reader?
Part 2: How do you think the author might help the reader have an easier time with the imagery?
Part 3: How do you interpret the scene in which the father is making a confession? Is this structure a grave or something else?
Essay Topic 2
Marcus uses names in the book, but does not give them traditional definitions. For example, Jennifer is the partial inability to see hands.
Part 1: What is the purpose of assigning new definitions to words in the book?
Part 2: Do you think Marcus is trying to be confusing to the reader?
Part 3: How do the new definitions expand the meaning of words for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
A sleep collaboration seems to be a group that wants people to sleep until they chase away the bad things in their lives.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a sleep collaboration?
Part 2: Why do you think a sleep collaboration might be necessary?
Part 3: Do you think you could be a part of a sleep collaboration?
This section contains 1,454 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)