|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A small boy is an assistant who takes care of a giant _________ that eats air.
2. The author apologizes to the _________ for digging, even though the burials were initiated by this same person.
3. The author notes that every person has a _________, made of wind, according to what his mother told him.
4. What is another name for the electric cell that is described in #149?
5. The brain is split up into nine ________, which can be impacted by the surrounding environment.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Living are described as people who seem to put their hands in something unseen and too heavy to lift.
Part 1: What do you think Marcus means when he talks about the living?
Part 2: Do you think that you are a part of the Living? Why or why not?
Part 3: Who do you think should not be a part of the Living? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Coughing is described as a way to move people or things between levels.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of levels, since the author doesn't make this idea clear?
Part 2: Why do you think coughing and not laughing moves people?
Part 3: Do you think that everyday events cause major changes in life?
Essay Topic 3
Marcus takes on the idea of death at many points of this book, bringing new images to it and showing this reader its importance in society.
Part 1: Why do you think death is such a big part of society?
Part 2: Do you think most people are afraid of death? Why is this?
Part 3: How do you think people relate to death in their lives? How do you relate to death?
This section contains 1,455 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)