|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ helpers were often deaf and by 1990, the term Walter is used to signify deaf soldiers of Mexico.
2. The wind begins to grow stronger, and it jerks ________ upwards.
3. A _______ that moves at the speed of the sky is invisible and can lodge itself in the father.
4. When the ________ leave, they take along cells and water which become the names of new children.
5. The ______ speeds up in accordance with the speed at which cloth is chewed, according to the story.
Essay Topic 1
The Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin, according to the book's description.
Part 1: Why do you think the Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin?
Part 2: Can a false map be made to be true or is it unchangeable?
Part 3: How do you think a false map can still be useful in life?
Essay Topic 2
During the book, there are many mentions of people that may or may not be a part of the author's family.
Part 1: From this book's content, how do you think the author feels about his father?
Part 2: During the section about the brother being built from food, what might this mean the author feels about his brother?
Part 3: What do the parts about the mother seem to suggest about the author's relationship with his mother?
Essay Topic 3
Ohio is a word that is used for house, whether standing or destroyed, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think Ohio might be the place where the author grew up?
Part 2: How do you think a house can be standing and it can be destroyed at the same time?
Part 3: From this section, do you think Marcus' home life was happy?
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)