|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A _______ that moves at the speed of the sky is invisible and can lodge itself in the father.
2. The cooler parts will warm and ride, creating what the author calls a dog _________.
3. In ________ medicine, arm playing can become very complicated, according to the author.
4. _________ leave the room with the unnamed men, via a wire.
5. The _________ is a percussion instrument known worldwide and throughout history, according to the author.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the boy decides to pray to the bird, according to the story?
2. What is the process of work, as used in the description of the process of welding?
3. What happens to make a dog feel less hungry, according to the story's description?
4. What is the process in which a dog current will be created within the dog?
5. What is the definition of a Walter?
6. What is the passenger described as in this part of the book?
7. How is 'arm' described in Biology?
8. What is described in the Circle of Willis, one of the many sections in this book?
9. What is the cycle of the boy who walks the earth in this section of the story?
10. What is the principal on which dogs depend, according to the writing in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coughing is described as a way to move people or things between levels.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of levels, since the author doesn't make this idea clear?
Part 2: Why do you think coughing and not laughing moves people?
Part 3: Do you think that everyday events cause major changes in life?
Essay Topic 2
Ohio is a word that is used for house, whether standing or destroyed, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think Ohio might be the place where the author grew up?
Part 2: How do you think a house can be standing and it can be destroyed at the same time?
Part 3: From this section, do you think Marcus' home life was happy?
Essay Topic 3
The dog is described many times in this book, often as having powers to impact all those around them.
Part 1: Why do you think the dog is so important in this book?
Part 2: How do you think a dog might play an important role in the life of a person?
Part 3: Would the book be different if the word 'cat' was used instead of 'dog'?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)