|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1992, the call was used to anger America men and to cause _______ on the battlefields of the Middle West.
2. The boy also has another animal, named _________, that has been shaved.
3. The brain is split up into nine ________, which can be impacted by the surrounding environment.
4. Today, people tend to swim in large groups as they await open ________, according to this section of the story.
5. What is NOT one of the weathers that is described in the book about weather that is used underground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does family energy come from, according to the section entitled "Flap, Wire, and Name"?
2. What happens when the wind grows strong and reverses after the society moves underground?
3. What are two of the things that can happen in the place where people live in all sorts of shelters?
4. Describe the front of the car, as it is described in this section of the book.
5. What should a person do with the wind of a storm, according to quotes from the mother's book?
6. What is the process of detecting the position of remote things, even birds?
7. What is the passenger described as in this part of the book?
8. What is the reasoning behind the woolen scarf being warm by an animal?
9. What happens to the skin when a wind gun is used?
10. What is the only way that a person can escape from a dog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a certain place, people can live in a number of different shelters, including scooped out dogs.
Part 1: Why would it be important for people to have the ability to live in different shelters?
Part 2: What are the shelters you would like to live in, if you had to choose?
Part 3: How do you think a person is protected by living in different shelters?
Essay Topic 2
During the book, there are many mentions of people that may or may not be a part of the author's family.
Part 1: From this book's content, how do you think the author feels about his father?
Part 2: During the section about the brother being built from food, what might this mean the author feels about his brother?
Part 3: What do the parts about the mother seem to suggest about the author's relationship with his mother?
Essay Topic 3
Ben Marcus' book is one that is considered to be experimental, to say the least, which can be confusing for some readers.
Part 1: What is the purpose of writing an experimental book?
Part 2: Do you think an experimental book is one that's easy to read?
Part 3: How do you think the book would be different if it was written in a standard way?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)