|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A mist of released ________ spines creates a garment that protects the music, according to the book.
2. The ______ speeds up in accordance with the speed at which cloth is chewed, according to the story.
3. The author's name is used to identify the idea of the progenitor of what the author calls the ___________.
4. The author apologizes to the _________ for digging, even though the burials were initiated by this same person.
5. ________ helpers were often deaf and by 1990, the term Walter is used to signify deaf soldiers of Mexico.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does family energy come from, according to the section entitled "Flap, Wire, and Name"?
2. What is the process of detecting the position of remote things, even birds?
3. What is the process of work, as used in the description of the process of welding?
4. What is the object of the hiding-ball game, according to the writing in the story?
5. What are the two meanings of Frederick/frederick, as defined in this section?
6. How is the experience of swimming described?
7. What is the definition of a Walter?
8. What is the process in which a dog current will be created within the dog?
9. What should a person do with the wind of a storm, according to quotes from the mother's book?
10. What happens to make a dog feel less hungry, according to the story's description?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A sleep collaboration seems to be a group that wants people to sleep until they chase away the bad things in their lives.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a sleep collaboration?
Part 2: Why do you think a sleep collaboration might be necessary?
Part 3: Do you think you could be a part of a sleep collaboration?
Essay Topic 2
Marcus takes on the idea of death at many points of this book, bringing new images to it and showing this reader its importance in society.
Part 1: Why do you think death is such a big part of society?
Part 2: Do you think most people are afraid of death? Why is this?
Part 3: How do you think people relate to death in their lives? How do you relate to death?
Essay Topic 3
Marcus talks about the way that food evolved into other words and garments with new names.
Part 1: How do you think society's ideas about food have evolved?
Part 2: Do you think your own ideas about food have changed over the years?
Part 3: Why do you think food is a part of this book? What does it serve to teach a reader?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)