|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Warmer portions of the ________ rise through its cooler parts, to be replaced by cooler parts.
2. The ________ unit is the unit whose snorts and brays will divert the airflow, according to the author.
3. A _______ gun is a tool that is used to punch holes in the skin.
4. The author apologizes to the _________ for digging, even though the burials were initiated by this same person.
5. The author's name is used to identify the idea of the progenitor of what the author calls the ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process in which a dog current will be created within the dog?
2. What happens to the skin when a wind gun is used?
3. What is the reasoning behind the woolen scarf being warm by an animal?
4. What happens to make a dog feel less hungry, according to the story's description?
5. What is the process of work, as used in the description of the process of welding?
6. What happens to the unnamed men who are connected to the wire, according to this section of the book?
7. What is the only way that a person can escape from a dog?
8. How does the author define the idea of religion in this section of the book?
9. What happens when the boy decides to pray to the bird, according to the story?
10. What are some of the names of those parts of the brain that are able to resist the bird calls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin, according to the book's description.
Part 1: Why do you think the Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin?
Part 2: Can a false map be made to be true or is it unchangeable?
Part 3: How do you think a false map can still be useful in life?
Essay Topic 2
A father makes confessions while lying in what appears to be a grave made of glass, which is thought to be symbolism of some sort.
Part 1: Why does the author make the descriptions so vague for the reader?
Part 2: How do you think the author might help the reader have an easier time with the imagery?
Part 3: How do you interpret the scene in which the father is making a confession? Is this structure a grave or something else?
Essay Topic 3
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)