|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy lives in a big house and buries ________ when the item he is in charge of caring for goes away for the day.
2. The cooler parts will warm and ride, creating what the author calls a dog _________.
3. The ______ speeds up in accordance with the speed at which cloth is chewed, according to the story.
4. In ________ medicine, arm playing can become very complicated, according to the author.
5. ________ helpers were often deaf and by 1990, the term Walter is used to signify deaf soldiers of Mexico.
Essay Topic 1
Marcus uses names in the book, but does not give them traditional definitions. For example, Jennifer is the partial inability to see hands.
Part 1: What is the purpose of assigning new definitions to words in the book?
Part 2: Do you think Marcus is trying to be confusing to the reader?
Part 3: How do the new definitions expand the meaning of words for the reader?
Essay Topic 2
In a certain place, people can live in a number of different shelters, including scooped out dogs.
Part 1: Why would it be important for people to have the ability to live in different shelters?
Part 2: What are the shelters you would like to live in, if you had to choose?
Part 3: How do you think a person is protected by living in different shelters?
Essay Topic 3
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)