|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section Weather Killer, a place where people can live in all sorts of __________ is discussed.
2. A _______ gun is a tool that is used to punch holes in the skin.
3. The distance between a boy and ________ is measured by gauging the time it takes for the bird to reach the cloth and start pecking.
4. There is a _______ hole in the bird, and hair falls to the grass in the form of drops.
5. Swimming becomes a commemoration of the dead that involves arcing movements of the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process of work, as used in the description of the process of welding?
2. What is the definition of a Walter?
3. What are the two meanings of Frederick/frederick, as defined in this section?
4. What happens to the skin when a wind gun is used?
5. What is the reasoning behind the woolen scarf being warm by an animal?
6. What are some of the names of those parts of the brain that are able to resist the bird calls?
7. What does the father tell the boy needs to happen in order to help Monk?
8. Describe the front of the car, as it is described in this section of the book.
9. What is the only way that a person can escape from a dog?
10. What are two of the things that can happen in the place where people live in all sorts of shelters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcus writes that disclosing mysteries is a way to look at society without destroying the mysteries themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think society has so many mysteries?
Part 2: How do you think that disclosing a mystery might destroy it?
Part 3: What are the problems with destroying the mysteries of society?
Essay Topic 2
During the book, there are many mentions of people that may or may not be a part of the author's family.
Part 1: From this book's content, how do you think the author feels about his father?
Part 2: During the section about the brother being built from food, what might this mean the author feels about his brother?
Part 3: What do the parts about the mother seem to suggest about the author's relationship with his mother?
Essay Topic 3
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)