|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A small boy is an assistant who takes care of a giant _________ that eats air.
2. During the expansion, the dog will become less _______ because it contains less matter than when it was smaller.
3. The wind begins to grow stronger, and it jerks ________ upwards.
4. _________ are related by race as well as by nationality and culture.
5. Family energy from the naming of a ________ can be converted into electricity through the use of an electric cell.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process of work, as used in the description of the process of welding?
2. What is described in the Circle of Willis, one of the many sections in this book?
3. What is the object of the hiding-ball game, according to the writing in the story?
4. Where does family energy come from, according to the section entitled "Flap, Wire, and Name"?
5. What happens to the unnamed men who are connected to the wire, according to this section of the book?
6. What is the cycle of the boy who walks the earth in this section of the story?
7. What are the two meanings of Frederick/frederick, as defined in this section?
8. What is the process of detecting the position of remote things, even birds?
9. What is the process in which a dog current will be created within the dog?
10. What is the definition of a Walter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Living are described as people who seem to put their hands in something unseen and too heavy to lift.
Part 1: What do you think Marcus means when he talks about the living?
Part 2: Do you think that you are a part of the Living? Why or why not?
Part 3: Who do you think should not be a part of the Living? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Ohio is a word that is used for house, whether standing or destroyed, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think Ohio might be the place where the author grew up?
Part 2: How do you think a house can be standing and it can be destroyed at the same time?
Part 3: From this section, do you think Marcus' home life was happy?
Essay Topic 3
The Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin, according to the book's description.
Part 1: Why do you think the Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin?
Part 2: Can a false map be made to be true or is it unchangeable?
Part 3: How do you think a false map can still be useful in life?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)