|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ is the process in which one might weld normally replaceable parts, according to descriptions in this section.
2. A small boy is an assistant who takes care of a giant _________ that eats air.
3. Written forms of winter are changed through a precise ____________.
4. The wind begins to grow stronger, and it jerks ________ upwards.
5. The types of _________ in which horses are found are as varied as all the influences which have brought them into being.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process in which a dog current will be created within the dog?
2. Where does family energy come from, according to the section entitled "Flap, Wire, and Name"?
3. What happens to make a dog feel less hungry, according to the story's description?
4. What happens to the unnamed men who are connected to the wire, according to this section of the book?
5. What happens when the boy decides to pray to the bird, according to the story?
6. What is the principal on which dogs depend, according to the writing in this book?
7. What should a person do with the wind of a storm, according to quotes from the mother's book?
8. What is the idea of a drowning balance, according to the description in this section?
9. How is 'arm' described in Biology?
10. What is the only way that a person can escape from a dog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
Essay Topic 2
Food is said to attract people by falling onto various surfaces, according to the author.
Part 1: How does food change the way you act in life?
Part 2: Onto what surfaces might food fall and then impact the way a person behaves?
Part 3: Why do you think food is so powerful in life and in the larger society?
Essay Topic 3
Marcus takes on the idea of death at many points of this book, bringing new images to it and showing this reader its importance in society.
Part 1: Why do you think death is such a big part of society?
Part 2: Do you think most people are afraid of death? Why is this?
Part 3: How do you think people relate to death in their lives? How do you relate to death?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)