|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. An object called a directional ______ transmits the pulses of the wind or what the author terms film.
2. The _______-Burning system is one in which the girl is used as a current meter in a river to calibrate a number.
3. _________ leave the room with the unnamed men, via a wire.
4. What happens to the names of the accountants when they're at a higher temperature?
5. What is secret in this new place, as it is described in this section of the book?
Essay Topic 1
In a certain place, people can live in a number of different shelters, including scooped out dogs.
Part 1: Why would it be important for people to have the ability to live in different shelters?
Part 2: What are the shelters you would like to live in, if you had to choose?
Part 3: How do you think a person is protected by living in different shelters?
Essay Topic 2
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
Essay Topic 3
At one point, music is used to crush Stephen, and lyrics are not allowed.
Part 1: How can music be used to crush a person and for what purpose?
Part 2: Do you think music is something that is harmful?
Part 3: Why do you think Stephen needed to be crushed?
This section contains 1,457 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)