|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In riding the bird, God brings with him a _________ wind, which can help many lands.
2. Gods who are cooking ________ over a fire are interrupted by a flier in the sky.
3. Michael Marcus' quote at the start of the book states, "Mathematics is the supreme __________ of our time."
4. First ________ is a section which describes the replacement of wild growth with cultivated flowers in a prison.
5. ________ is a language disturbance that is caused by accidental sleeping, according to the author.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process of coughing and how can it be stopped, according to the writing in this section of the book?
2. Some of the foods evolved into garments with what sorts of names, according to the book's content?
3. How does the intruder typically decide to kill himself in order to cause harm to the family?
4. What else will book-style illusion not alter in the process of the prison publishing industry?
5. What is the problem with the flaxen tree tools that can create angels, according to the author in this book?
6. What is the point that is made about the prison publishing industry, according to the book?
7. What happens as a result of a Monica, according to this section of the book?
8. What does the author describe the book to be a project about? What is it meant to compile?
9. What is the process that is described in First Green?
10. What happens when the Brian is denied food, according to this section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcus takes on the idea of death at many points of this book, bringing new images to it and showing this reader its importance in society.
Part 1: Why do you think death is such a big part of society?
Part 2: Do you think most people are afraid of death? Why is this?
Part 3: How do you think people relate to death in their lives? How do you relate to death?
Essay Topic 2
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
Essay Topic 3
The Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin, according to the book's description.
Part 1: Why do you think the Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin?
Part 2: Can a false map be made to be true or is it unchangeable?
Part 3: How do you think a false map can still be useful in life?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)