|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ are members, people, or things that put their hands into something unseen.
2. The God-_______ system is described as the way Thompson sets himself on fire, in the Terms.
3. Michael Marcus' quote at the start of the book states, "Mathematics is the supreme __________ of our time."
4. The book is designed to take on the huge task of cataloging a __________.
5. What is another name for the boxes that are described in #43?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of a Monica, according to this section of the book?
2. What is the point that is made about the prison publishing industry, according to the book?
3. Within a piece of experimental fiction, what are some of the traditional conventions that are not used?
4. What happens to the flier that is landing on the floating island of the Gods?
5. What is the relationship between Albert and Mark Parker?
6. What happens when one of the family members is able to escape from the predicament?
7. What do certain birds do, real and mythological ones, according to the description of the author?
8. What happens when it's a child that wants to absolve the father, according to the author?
9. What is the process in which the electricity in the house can be restored in order to power up appliances?
10. What happens when the Brian is denied food, according to this section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben Marcus' book is one that is considered to be experimental, to say the least, which can be confusing for some readers.
Part 1: What is the purpose of writing an experimental book?
Part 2: Do you think an experimental book is one that's easy to read?
Part 3: How do you think the book would be different if it was written in a standard way?
Essay Topic 2
Marcus uses names in the book, but does not give them traditional definitions. For example, Jennifer is the partial inability to see hands.
Part 1: What is the purpose of assigning new definitions to words in the book?
Part 2: Do you think Marcus is trying to be confusing to the reader?
Part 3: How do the new definitions expand the meaning of words for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Marcus talks about the way that food evolved into other words and garments with new names.
Part 1: How do you think society's ideas about food have evolved?
Part 2: Do you think your own ideas about food have changed over the years?
Part 3: Why do you think food is a part of this book? What does it serve to teach a reader?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)