|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book is designed to take on the huge task of cataloging a __________.
2. ___________ are served in the air's upper layers, according to the author.
3. First ________ is a section which describes the replacement of wild growth with cultivated flowers in a prison.
4. Shelters are covered with ______ and then are baked in the steam which has been fossilized by the sun.
5. The author states that the book is a catalog of what he calls a _______ project.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process in which the electricity in the house can be restored in order to power up appliances?
2. What is the point that is made about the prison publishing industry, according to the book?
3. Within a piece of experimental fiction, what are some of the traditional conventions that are not used?
4. What does the author describe the book to be a project about? What is it meant to compile?
5. What must happen in order for desire to not destroy the object that one looks at?
6. What is the process that is described in First Green?
7. What are some of the foods that are listed in the description of the food costume at the start of this chapter?
8. What else will book-style illusion not alter in the process of the prison publishing industry?
9. What are grass guards?
10. What is the effectiveness of the healing wind that God carries with him as he flies around in the sky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Food is said to attract people by falling onto various surfaces, according to the author.
Part 1: How does food change the way you act in life?
Part 2: Onto what surfaces might food fall and then impact the way a person behaves?
Part 3: Why do you think food is so powerful in life and in the larger society?
Essay Topic 2
Brian seems to be an important figure in this book, as denying him food encourages travelers to sleep or lie down.
Part 1: How would you define the figure that is Brian in the book?
Part 2: What might happen if Brian were to be denied food in an airport?
Part 3: Why do you think that only travelers are impacted by the denying of food?
Essay Topic 3
Coughing is described as a way to move people or things between levels.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of levels, since the author doesn't make this idea clear?
Part 2: Why do you think coughing and not laughing moves people?
Part 3: Do you think that everyday events cause major changes in life?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)