|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denying _________ food will encourage travelers either to sleep or to lie down until this person/thing is done eating.
2. Western _______ Boxes are wooden structures designed for devotional purposes.
3. Coughing is a way to move people or things between _________, even though it's not clear what these are.
4. ________ has always fended off enemies, but grass came before the houses did.
5. Some travelers are kept constantly _________, according to the story about the delicate meal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Albert and Mark Parker?
2. What is the process of coughing and how can it be stopped, according to the writing in this section of the book?
3. How does the intruder typically decide to kill himself in order to cause harm to the family?
4. What is the problem with the flaxen tree tools that can create angels, according to the author in this book?
5. What else will book-style illusion not alter in the process of the prison publishing industry?
6. What is the process in which the electricity in the house can be restored in order to power up appliances?
7. What happens as a result of a Monica, according to this section of the book?
8. What will happen when the sleeper's stomach is massaged when they are snoring?
9. Where does atmospheric food come from, according to the book?
10. What happens to the flier that is landing on the floating island of the Gods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcus writes that disclosing mysteries is a way to look at society without destroying the mysteries themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think society has so many mysteries?
Part 2: How do you think that disclosing a mystery might destroy it?
Part 3: What are the problems with destroying the mysteries of society?
Essay Topic 2
At one point, music is used to crush Stephen, and lyrics are not allowed.
Part 1: How can music be used to crush a person and for what purpose?
Part 2: Do you think music is something that is harmful?
Part 3: Why do you think Stephen needed to be crushed?
Essay Topic 3
The Living are described as people who seem to put their hands in something unseen and too heavy to lift.
Part 1: What do you think Marcus means when he talks about the living?
Part 2: Do you think that you are a part of the Living? Why or why not?
Part 3: Who do you think should not be a part of the Living? Why?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)