|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A _______ is an act in which the hostages are forced to watch a horrific event, which leaves a long-standing scar.
2. ________ kills itself in remote areas, and the debris settles in piles on the grass.
3. Snoring can be corrected by filling the slumbering person with cool _________, according to the first section of the book.
4. ___________ are served in the air's upper layers, according to the author.
5. Professional sleepers, according to the definitions, are able to ward off ________, in this section.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the intruder typically decide to kill himself in order to cause harm to the family?
2. What happens to the flier that is landing on the floating island of the Gods?
3. What must happen in order for desire to not destroy the object that one looks at?
4. What is the process that is described in First Green?
5. What is the problem with the flaxen tree tools that can create angels, according to the author in this book?
6. What is the history that is given about the lawn boys in this story?
7. What does the author give as the definition of a shirt of noise?
8. What is the term, God Charge, defined as in this section of the book?
9. What else will book-style illusion not alter in the process of the prison publishing industry?
10. What is happening in response to the cultivated flowers in the prison, per this particular section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point, music is used to crush Stephen, and lyrics are not allowed.
Part 1: How can music be used to crush a person and for what purpose?
Part 2: Do you think music is something that is harmful?
Part 3: Why do you think Stephen needed to be crushed?
Essay Topic 2
Coughing is described as a way to move people or things between levels.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of levels, since the author doesn't make this idea clear?
Part 2: Why do you think coughing and not laughing moves people?
Part 3: Do you think that everyday events cause major changes in life?
Essay Topic 3
The dog is described many times in this book, often as having powers to impact all those around them.
Part 1: Why do you think the dog is so important in this book?
Part 2: How do you think a dog might play an important role in the life of a person?
Part 3: Would the book be different if the word 'cat' was used instead of 'dog'?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)