|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After an item that needs to be revived is revived, it is necessary to have _________ with it.
2. What is the name of the person who kills people of the light every night, according to the story?
3. Mass suffocation occurs in ________ when the population breaks their fasts before the storm dogs finish eating the rain and the air.
4. The book is designed to take on the huge task of cataloging a __________.
5. ________ is a language disturbance that is caused by accidental sleeping, according to the author.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when one of the family members is able to escape from the predicament?
2. Some of the foods evolved into garments with what sorts of names, according to the book's content?
3. What happens when the Brian is denied food, according to this section of the book?
4. What is the process of coughing and how can it be stopped, according to the writing in this section of the book?
5. What happens to the flier that is landing on the floating island of the Gods?
6. What else will book-style illusion not alter in the process of the prison publishing industry?
7. Within a piece of experimental fiction, what are some of the traditional conventions that are not used?
8. What do certain birds do, real and mythological ones, according to the description of the author?
9. What is the point that is made about the prison publishing industry, according to the book?
10. How does the intruder typically decide to kill himself in order to cause harm to the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A sleep collaboration seems to be a group that wants people to sleep until they chase away the bad things in their lives.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a sleep collaboration?
Part 2: Why do you think a sleep collaboration might be necessary?
Part 3: Do you think you could be a part of a sleep collaboration?
Essay Topic 2
A father makes confessions while lying in what appears to be a grave made of glass, which is thought to be symbolism of some sort.
Part 1: Why does the author make the descriptions so vague for the reader?
Part 2: How do you think the author might help the reader have an easier time with the imagery?
Part 3: How do you interpret the scene in which the father is making a confession? Is this structure a grave or something else?
Essay Topic 3
During the book, there are many mentions of people that may or may not be a part of the author's family.
Part 1: From this book's content, how do you think the author feels about his father?
Part 2: During the section about the brother being built from food, what might this mean the author feels about his brother?
Part 3: What do the parts about the mother seem to suggest about the author's relationship with his mother?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)