|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sleep collaborations were held in Texas and _______ in 1987.
2. The word ________ must be carved into the husk of the food in order for ownership to be proven.
3. The author states that the book is a catalog of what he calls a _______ project.
4. The garden is in the shape of a _______, thus confining people within certain portions of the sky.
5. The original practitioners of the house movement were ______ -dwellers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process in which the electricity in the house can be restored in order to power up appliances?
2. What happens to the flier that is landing on the floating island of the Gods?
3. What does the author give as the definition of a shirt of noise?
4. What do certain birds do, real and mythological ones, according to the description of the author?
5. What is the effectiveness of the healing wind that God carries with him as he flies around in the sky?
6. What happens when one of the family members is able to escape from the predicament?
7. What happens when it's a child that wants to absolve the father, according to the author?
8. Within a piece of experimental fiction, what are some of the traditional conventions that are not used?
9. What is the relationship between Albert and Mark Parker?
10. What does the author describe the book to be a project about? What is it meant to compile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A sleep collaboration seems to be a group that wants people to sleep until they chase away the bad things in their lives.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a sleep collaboration?
Part 2: Why do you think a sleep collaboration might be necessary?
Part 3: Do you think you could be a part of a sleep collaboration?
Essay Topic 2
Brian seems to be an important figure in this book, as denying him food encourages travelers to sleep or lie down.
Part 1: How would you define the figure that is Brian in the book?
Part 2: What might happen if Brian were to be denied food in an airport?
Part 3: Why do you think that only travelers are impacted by the denying of food?
Essay Topic 3
During the book, there are many mentions of people that may or may not be a part of the author's family.
Part 1: From this book's content, how do you think the author feels about his father?
Part 2: During the section about the brother being built from food, what might this mean the author feels about his brother?
Part 3: What do the parts about the mother seem to suggest about the author's relationship with his mother?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)