|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ownership of _______ is a big problem, according to the book's story.
2. By looking at a thing, we destroy it with our _________, according to the book.
3. If the man destroying his house were a father of the author, then he would shout at his _______, which would form an animal.
4. The ________ contain written prayers that ask for the specific measurements from the sun.
5. Some travelers are kept constantly _________, according to the story about the delicate meal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are grass guards?
2. What happens when the boy decides to pray to the bird, according to the story?
3. What is the process of detecting the position of remote things, even birds?
4. What happens when the wind grows strong and reverses after the society moves underground?
5. What is the principal on which dogs depend, according to the writing in this book?
6. What are the three things that the author points out as having affected the horse populations?
7. What is the process in which a dog current will be created within the dog?
8. What is the point that is made about the prison publishing industry, according to the book?
9. What is the process of work, as used in the description of the process of welding?
10. What will happen when the sleeper's stomach is massaged when they are snoring?
Essay Topic 1
The dog is described many times in this book, often as having powers to impact all those around them.
Part 1: Why do you think the dog is so important in this book?
Part 2: How do you think a dog might play an important role in the life of a person?
Part 3: Would the book be different if the word 'cat' was used instead of 'dog'?
Essay Topic 2
At one point, music is used to crush Stephen, and lyrics are not allowed.
Part 1: How can music be used to crush a person and for what purpose?
Part 2: Do you think music is something that is harmful?
Part 3: Why do you think Stephen needed to be crushed?
Essay Topic 3
People, according to the book, try to become the 'thompson' or the supreme leader when a part of religion.
Part 1: Who do you think Thompson refers to in the book?
Part 2: Why do you think people seek out the opportunity to become a supreme leader?
Part 3: Do you believe that people are always trying to be powerful?
This section contains 1,819 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)