Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ownership of _______ is a big problem, according to the book's story.
2. By looking at a thing, we destroy it with our _________, according to the book.
3. If the man destroying his house were a father of the author, then he would shout at his _______, which would form an animal.
4. The ________ contain written prayers that ask for the specific measurements from the sun.
5. Some travelers are kept constantly _________, according to the story about the delicate meal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are grass guards?
2. What happens when the boy decides to pray to the bird, according to the story?
3. What is the process of detecting the position of remote things, even birds?
4. What happens when the wind grows strong and reverses after the society moves underground?
5. What is the principal on which dogs depend, according to the writing in this book?
6. What are the three things that the author points out as having affected the horse populations?
7. What is the process in which a dog current will be created within the dog?
8. What is the point that is made about the prison publishing industry, according to the book?
9. What is the process of work, as used in the description of the process of welding?
10. What will happen when the sleeper's stomach is massaged when they are snoring?
During the book, there are many mentions of people that may or may not be a part of the author's family.
Part 1: From this book's content, how do you think the author feels about his father?
Part 2: During the section about the brother being built from food, what might this mean the author feels about his brother?
Part 3: What do the parts about the mother seem to suggest about the author's relationship with his mother?
Brian seems to be an important figure in this book, as denying him food encourages travelers to sleep or lie down.
Part 1: How would you define the figure that is Brian in the book?
Part 2: What might happen if Brian were to be denied food in an airport?
Part 3: Why do you think that only travelers are impacted by the denying of food?
Coughing is described as a way to move people or things between levels.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of levels, since the author doesn't make this idea clear?
Part 2: Why do you think coughing and not laughing moves people?
Part 3: Do you think that everyday events cause major changes in life?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)