|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the man destroying his house were a father of the author, then he would shout at his _______, which would form an animal.
2. The first traveler will be able to _______, as soon as a traveler progresses to a new phase.
3. The author states that the book is a catalog of what he calls a _______ project.
4. The beginning of this section describes the phenomena of a/an ____________ home in which an intruder kills himself.
5. _____ days are days following a day that a dog apparently has caused the weather to die.
Short Essay Questions
1. Some of the foods evolved into garments with what sorts of names, according to the book's content?
2. Describe the idea of Gevortsing, as it relates to the idea of sleep collaborations, as detailed in this section of the book.
3. What is the relationship between Albert and Mark Parker?
4. What is the problem with the flaxen tree tools that can create angels, according to the author in this book?
5. What are some of the foods that are listed in the description of the food costume at the start of this chapter?
6. What is the process in which the electricity in the house can be restored in order to power up appliances?
7. What are some ways in which the reader might want to respond to the act of snoring
8. What happens when it's a child that wants to absolve the father, according to the author?
9. What must happen in order for desire to not destroy the object that one looks at?
10. What happens when one of the family members is able to escape from the predicament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin, according to the book's description.
Part 1: Why do you think the Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin?
Part 2: Can a false map be made to be true or is it unchangeable?
Part 3: How do you think a false map can still be useful in life?
Essay Topic 2
Marcus takes on the idea of death at many points of this book, bringing new images to it and showing this reader its importance in society.
Part 1: Why do you think death is such a big part of society?
Part 2: Do you think most people are afraid of death? Why is this?
Part 3: How do you think people relate to death in their lives? How do you relate to death?
Essay Topic 3
Ben Marcus' book is one that is considered to be experimental, to say the least, which can be confusing for some readers.
Part 1: What is the purpose of writing an experimental book?
Part 2: Do you think an experimental book is one that's easy to read?
Part 3: How do you think the book would be different if it was written in a standard way?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)