|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The word ________ must be carved into the husk of the food in order for ownership to be proven.
2. Some of the foods described evolved into _______ with names like slews, loops, shads, pike rings, etc.
3. Professional _________ can seal culprits inside of houses, according to the author.
4. Because he cannot hear the warnings of others, the ______ focuses on a lush patch of earth in the middle of the atmosphere.
5. The owner has to pay a pound of _______ if it's determined the food was taken.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the effectiveness of the healing wind that God carries with him as he flies around in the sky?
2. What do certain birds do, real and mythological ones, according to the description of the author?
3. What happens when the Brian is denied food, according to this section of the book?
4. What does the author describe the book to be a project about? What is it meant to compile?
5. What is the point that is made about the prison publishing industry, according to the book?
6. While the origin of air days is unclear, how are they celebrated by people in the area?
7. Some of the foods evolved into garments with what sorts of names, according to the book's content?
8. What happens as a result of a Monica, according to this section of the book?
9. What is the history that is given about the lawn boys in this story?
10. What is the purpose of the wires that the sun has, according to the description of the author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben Marcus' book is one that is considered to be experimental, to say the least, which can be confusing for some readers.
Part 1: What is the purpose of writing an experimental book?
Part 2: Do you think an experimental book is one that's easy to read?
Part 3: How do you think the book would be different if it was written in a standard way?
Essay Topic 2
The violence the author includes seems to be used to shock the reader, rather than to add to the book's strength.
Part 1: Is there ever a place for violence in a book? What purpose can it serve?
Part 2: How do you feel about the section on a family witnessing an intruder coming into the home and then killing themselves?
Part 3: Do you think that the author has a personal experience with an intruder committing suicide?
Essay Topic 3
Ohio is a word that is used for house, whether standing or destroyed, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think Ohio might be the place where the author grew up?
Part 2: How do you think a house can be standing and it can be destroyed at the same time?
Part 3: From this section, do you think Marcus' home life was happy?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)