|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. God Charge is the amount of _________ that occurs in the individual or a shelter.
2. The book is designed to take on the huge task of cataloging a __________.
3. Lawn boys or ______ protect houses from wind during storms in the street.
4. What does the sun have that allows for the exact measurement of where to build houses?
5. What is on the tools which can hurt the angels, if steps are not taken to prevent this from occurring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Brian is denied food, according to this section of the book?
2. Describe the structure in which the father seems to be buried, as seen in the story's writing.
3. What is the history that is given about the lawn boys in this story?
4. Within a piece of experimental fiction, what are some of the traditional conventions that are not used?
5. What is the effectiveness of the healing wind that God carries with him as he flies around in the sky?
6. Some of the foods evolved into garments with what sorts of names, according to the book's content?
7. What is the process that is described in First Green?
8. Where does atmospheric food come from, according to the book?
9. What is the problem with the flaxen tree tools that can create angels, according to the author in this book?
10. What does the author give as the definition of a shirt of noise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The brain is divided into nine different loaves, some of which are able to resist bird calls.
Part 1: What is the significance of the number 'nine' in this description of the brain?
Part 2: Do you think the brain is as fragmented as the author describes?
Part 3: How do you think the brain might be separated in real life?
Essay Topic 2
Coughing is described as a way to move people or things between levels.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of levels, since the author doesn't make this idea clear?
Part 2: Why do you think coughing and not laughing moves people?
Part 3: Do you think that everyday events cause major changes in life?
Essay Topic 3
The Living are described as people who seem to put their hands in something unseen and too heavy to lift.
Part 1: What do you think Marcus means when he talks about the living?
Part 2: Do you think that you are a part of the Living? Why or why not?
Part 3: Who do you think should not be a part of the Living? Why?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)