|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a _________ of grains and seeds, a brother ate and reconstructed parts of himself.
2. The author states that the book is a catalog of what he calls a _______ project.
3. ________ is the one who makes the correlation first between the food parts and the people, according to the author.
4. _________ are the initial shade-chasers, according to the author's definition, and were once called Persons.
5. Shelters are covered with ______ and then are baked in the steam which has been fossilized by the sun.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the effectiveness of the healing wind that God carries with him as he flies around in the sky?
2. What is the relationship between Albert and Mark Parker?
3. Describe the structure in which the father seems to be buried, as seen in the story's writing.
4. What is the history that is given about the lawn boys in this story?
5. What do certain birds do, real and mythological ones, according to the description of the author?
6. What happens to the flier that is landing on the floating island of the Gods?
7. What will happen when the sleeper's stomach is massaged when they are snoring?
8. Within a piece of experimental fiction, what are some of the traditional conventions that are not used?
9. What happens when it's a child that wants to absolve the father, according to the author?
10. What happens when the Brian is denied food, according to this section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point, music is used to crush Stephen, and lyrics are not allowed.
Part 1: How can music be used to crush a person and for what purpose?
Part 2: Do you think music is something that is harmful?
Part 3: Why do you think Stephen needed to be crushed?
Essay Topic 2
The Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin, according to the book's description.
Part 1: Why do you think the Ben Marcus is a false map made of skin?
Part 2: Can a false map be made to be true or is it unchangeable?
Part 3: How do you think a false map can still be useful in life?
Essay Topic 3
Brian seems to be an important figure in this book, as denying him food encourages travelers to sleep or lie down.
Part 1: How would you define the figure that is Brian in the book?
Part 2: What might happen if Brian were to be denied food in an airport?
Part 3: Why do you think that only travelers are impacted by the denying of food?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)