Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
2. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
3. What does Doran think happened to Moulton?
4. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
In more than one story, Holmes decides the fate of criminals, taking justice into his own hands. Analyze this aspect of Holmes character. Is it appropriate for Holmes to override the justice system? What are the qualities of the criminals Holmes most frequently lets go?
Analyze the point of view from which the Sherlock Holmes stories are told.
Which short story is your favorite? Why?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)