Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
2. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
3. What does Doran think happened to Moulton?
4. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
Which short story is your favorite? Why?
Write a literary critique of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes". What does the author do well? How do the stories fit together as a whole? What do you think of Doyle's writing style? Would you recommend "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" to a friend? Why or why not?
Analyze Doyle's writing style, particularly his use of monologue to describe action sequences. How effective is telling about an action sequence rather than describing it as it happens?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)