|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen mutter about before dying?
(a) A lost necklace.
(b) A rogue bat.
(c) A speckled band.
(d) An enormous spider.
2. What happens to Holder's niece?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She is locked in her home.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She disappears.
3. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
(a) That he is old.
(b) That he is stupid.
(c) That he is intelligent.
(d) That he is fat.
4. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
(a) A ring and corset.
(b) A dress and shoes.
(c) A hat and cane.
(d) A camera and pen.
5. Which other Doyle story is "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" similar to?
(a) "The Adventures of the Speckled Band."
(b) "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb."
(c) "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet."
(d) "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
2. What happens to Mr. Rucastle's daughter?
3. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
5. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)