Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
(a) He gets locked in the same room as the machine.
(b) He is held hostage.
(c) He jumps onto a fast moving train.
(d) He gets drunk and tries to operate the machine.
2. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is attacked by a snake.
(d) He is killed by his stepdaughter.
3. What does Doran think happened to Moulton?
(a) He refuses to marry her.
(b) He leaves her for another woman.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He takes a promotion and moves out of the country.
4. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
(a) A large dowry.
(b) An elevated social status.
(c) A large country estate.
(d) A set of royal jewels.
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
(a) A hat and cane.
(b) A dress and shoes.
(c) A camera and pen.
(d) A ring and corset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" live?
2. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
3. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what job does Miss Violet Hunter ask Holmes opinion on?
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
5. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)