|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
(a) A large dowry.
(b) A set of royal jewels.
(c) An elevated social status.
(d) A large country estate.
2. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes find intriguing about the note?
(a) The handwriting of the note.
(b) Who the note is from.
(c) The hotel bill it is written on.
(d) The date of the note.
3. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where is Hunter required to sit?
(a) Outside on the front porch.
(b) With her back to a window.
(c) In a corner in the kitchen.
(d) Behind a desk.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Victor Hatherly.
(b) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(c) Inspector Bradstreet.
(d) Miss Helen Stoner.
5. According to the Holder's niece, who did one of the servant girls meet with?
(a) A gambler.
(b) A known criminal.
(c) Her father.
(d) A lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the requirements for the job Miss Violet Hunter seeks?
2. Who does Holder accuse of taking the beryls?
3. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," why does Mr. Rucastle not want his daughter to get married?
4. Which other Doyle story is "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" similar to?
5. How many people does Holder show the Coronet to?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)