|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
(a) It is used for counterfeiting.
(b) It is used for torture.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It is used as a printing press.
2. What happens to Mr. Rucastle's daughter?
(a) She is killed escaping her home.
(b) She escapes with her lover.
(c) She is severely injured by the animal.
(d) She remains locked in her bedroom.
3. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what did Holder's son witness?
(a) Holder taking the coronet.
(b) Holder's niece taking the coronet.
(c) Nothing, he doesn't know what happened to the coronet.
(d) Burnwell taking the coronet.
4. What is the Beryl Coronet known for?
(a) Its unusual color.
(b) Its historical value to England.
(c) Its size.
(d) Where it was found.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
3. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
4. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
5. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)