|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
(a) He gets drunk and tries to operate the machine.
(b) He gets locked in the same room as the machine.
(c) He jumps onto a fast moving train.
(d) He is held hostage.
2. At the end of "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what happens to the niece?
(a) She returns home with Holder.
(b) She ends up in jail.
(c) She is freed from jail.
(d) She flees with Burnwell.
3. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) Tells him to get out of town.
(b) Asks for a cut of the stolen goods.
(c) Lets him go free.
(d) Turns him over to the police.
4. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where is Hunter required to sit?
(a) With her back to a window.
(b) In a corner in the kitchen.
(c) Outside on the front porch.
(d) Behind a desk.
5. What is the relationship between St. Simon and Flora Millar?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Former coworkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
2. How does Moulton contact Doran on her wedding day?
3. When did Lord St.Simon's wife disappear?
4. Which other Doyle story is "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" similar to?
5. While sitting, what does Hunter notice?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)