|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took the beryl coronet?
(a) Sir George Burnwell.
(b) No one, it was misplaced.
(c) Holder's son.
(d) Holder's niece.
2. What happens to Mr. Rucastle's daughter?
(a) She is killed escaping her home.
(b) She is severely injured by the animal.
(c) She escapes with her lover.
(d) She remains locked in her bedroom.
3. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
4. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what animal is kept for security?
(a) A small lion.
(b) A talking parakeet.
(c) A large mastiff.
(d) A trained snake.
5. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
(a) On the roof.
(b) To a nearby inn.
(c) Downstairs in the basement.
(d) To a friends house.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what happens to Holder's son?
2. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what did the bride drop while walking down the aisle?
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who is Julia engaged to?
5. Who does Holder accuse of taking the beryls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ryder's role in the theft of the blue carbuncle?
2. In "The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes deduce the machine is used for?
3. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why does Helen go to see Holmes?
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat.
5. What happens to Lord St. Simon on his wedding day in "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor?"
6. What characteristics of a Holmes mystery does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" contain?
7. What is Holder's niece's involvement with the stolen coronet?
8. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of the story?
9. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," how does Holder end up with the Beryl Coronet?
10. In "The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Colonel Lysander ask Victor to do in the country?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)