|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Holder show the Coronet to?
2. According to the Holder's niece, who did one of the servant girls meet with?
(a) A known criminal.
(b) A gambler.
(c) Her father.
(d) A lover.
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what weapon is used to cut off an appendage of the engineer's?
(a) A cleaver.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A hatchet.
4. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," why does Mr. Rucastle not want his daughter to get married?
(a) He needs her help to raise the other children.
(b) He is overprotective of her and wants her to stay.
(c) He stands to lose a considerable sum of money.
(d) He loves her to much to have her move away.
5. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where is Hunter required to sit?
(a) In a corner in the kitchen.
(b) With her back to a window.
(c) Behind a desk.
(d) Outside on the front porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
3. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
4. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes find intriguing about the note?
5. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what is Alexander Holder's profession?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)