|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what did the bride drop while walking down the aisle?
(a) A white glove.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) Her bouquet.
(d) A tissue.
2. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
(a) The Countess of Morcar.
(b) Miss Sutherland.
(c) Ms. Irene Adler.
(d) Catherine Cusak.
3. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where is Hunter required to sit?
(a) In a corner in the kitchen.
(b) With her back to a window.
(c) Outside on the front porch.
(d) Behind a desk.
4. How does Holmes know the owner of the hat's wife no longer loves him in "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) The hat smells of perfume.
(b) The hat has tags on it.
(c) The hat has not been brushed for weeks.
(d) The hat has not been pressed for days.
5. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Holder accuse of taking the beryls?
2. How does Moulton contact Doran on her wedding day?
3. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," how much does Holmes ask for the return of the jewels?
4. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes tell Hunter to do in "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches?"
2. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," why does Mr. Rucastle hire Miss Violet Hunter?
3. What happens to Lord St. Simon on his wedding day in "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor?"
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why does Helen go to see Holmes?
5. In "The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes deduce the machine is used for?
6. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat.
7. What characteristics of a Holmes mystery does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" contain?
8. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor", what happens to the couple after their marriage ceremony?
9. Why is "The Adventures of the Speckled Band" more of a favorite than "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches?"
10. Describe the plot twist in "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet."
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)