|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While sitting, what does Hunter notice?
(a) A man watching her.
(b) Holmes sneaking up on Mr. Rucastle.
(c) Mr. Rucastle stealing from the kitchen.
(d) The animal being set free.
2. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
(a) The Countess of Morcar.
(b) Catherine Cusak.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Ms. Irene Adler.
3. At the end of "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what does Miss Hunter do?
(a) She runs a school of her own.
(b) She receives a promotion.
(c) She takes a job as a governess.
(d) She has dinner with Holmes.
4. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) 30 schillings.
(b) 25 pounds.
(c) 50 guineas.
(d) 100 guineas.
5. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what is the role of Mr. Rucastle?
(a) Head servant.
(b) Lead groundskeeper.
(c) Master of the house.
(d) Keeper of the zoo.
6. How many people does Holder show the Coronet to?
7. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where is Hunter required to sit?
(a) Behind a desk.
(b) In a corner in the kitchen.
(c) With her back to a window.
(d) Outside on the front porch.
8. Why does Holder take the Coronet home with him?
(a) To keep it safe.
(b) To show it off to his family.
(c) To steal it.
(d) To sell it.
9. At the end of "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," who does Holmes eat dinner with?
(a) Inspector Lestrade.
(b) Moulton and Doran.
(d) St. Simon.
10. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes receive from Lord St. Simon?
(a) A letter.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A picture.
(d) A telegram.
11. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
12. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
(a) She welcomes him into her home.
(b) She implores him to leave immediately.
(c) She asks him for help.
(d) She wonders what he is doing there.
13. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
(a) An elevated social status.
(b) A set of royal jewels.
(c) A large country estate.
(d) A large dowry.
14. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is attacked by a snake.
(d) He is killed by his stepdaughter.
15. What does Doran think happened to Moulton?
(a) He leaves her for another woman.
(b) He takes a promotion and moves out of the country.
(c) He refuses to marry her.
(d) He is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where does Hunter ask Holmes to meet her?
2. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
3. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why doesn't the stepfather want his stepdaughter to get married?
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)