|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) John Turner.
(c) John McCarthy.
(d) Charles McCarthy.
2. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
3. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) John Clay.
(b) Jake Jones.
(c) John Warren.
(d) Jim Smith.
4. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(b) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
(c) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
(d) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
(a) Confesses to the crime.
(b) Denies his involvement.
(c) Attempts to murder Holmes.
(d) Flees the scene.
6. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Melanie Smith.
(b) Jane Johnson.
(c) Irene Adler.
(d) Wilma Robinson.
7. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To cover up a murder.
(b) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(c) To save money on publications.
(d) To later use the information as a bribe.
8. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A murder.
(c) A stolen book.
(d) A man beating his wife.
9. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Take a walk.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Play the violin.
10. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
11. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) June 15th.
(b) June 3rd.
(c) May 7th.
(d) July 24th.
12. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(a) Prime Minister.
13. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
(a) Pondicherry, India.
(b) New York.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
14. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
15. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) A young man in his twenties.
(b) A pretty young woman.
(c) A large old woman.
(d) An blind man in his sixties.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
3. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
5. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)