Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
2. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
(b) For the education of red-headed families.
(c) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(d) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
3. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) New York.
(d) Pondicherry, India.
4. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
(a) McCarthy owns it.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
(a) At the funeral.
(b) On election day.
(c) On his wedding day.
(d) On Christmas morning.
6. What happens to John in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) He moves in with Holmes.
(b) He dies, apparently by accident.
(c) He is arrested for murder.
(d) He flees the country.
7. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Boss and employee.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Father and daughter.
8. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary books.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary life.
9. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Irene Adler.
(b) Wilma Robinson.
(c) Jane Johnson.
(d) Melanie Smith.
10. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(c) Read and knit.
(d) Draw and sew.
11. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(b) Angel walks with a limp.
(c) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(d) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
12. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) Webster's Dictionary.
(d) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
13. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
(a) By car.
(b) By foot.
(c) By horse.
(d) By train.
14. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(b) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(c) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(d) The visitor is wearing a mask.
15. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) A dictionary.
(b) The Bible.
(c) An atlas.
(d) An encyclopedia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
3. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)