|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Draw and sew.
(b) Read and knit.
(c) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(d) Listen to music.
2. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
3. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To the gym.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the bank.
4. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) A young man in his twenties.
(b) An blind man in his sixties.
(c) A pretty young woman.
(d) A large old woman.
5. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(d) His wife.
6. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Four pounds a week.
(b) 50 pence an hour.
(c) Ten pounds a month.
(d) Three pounds a day.
7. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is sleeping.
(b) Holmes is in disguise.
(c) Holmes has a mustache.
(d) Holmes is skipping along the road.
8. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. Windbank.
(b) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(c) Mr. William Prince.
(d) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
9. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 221B Baker Street.
(b) 1212A Mystery Street.
(c) 4235D Baker Road.
(d) 342C Butcher Street.
10. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
(a) A pub.
(b) A bank.
(c) A post office.
(d) A butcher.
11. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) A young woman about to be married.
(b) Grotesque details.
(c) Character from a foreign land.
(d) Exotic murder weapon.
12. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
(a) Has a girlfriend.
13. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) The Bible.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) An atlas.
(d) An encyclopedia.
14. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) John Clay.
(b) Jim Smith.
(c) John Warren.
(d) Jake Jones.
15. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
3. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
4. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
5. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)