|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
2. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A picture.
(b) Incriminating evidence.
(c) Embarrassing tapes.
(d) A letter.
3. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Four pounds a week.
(b) 50 pence an hour.
(c) Ten pounds a month.
(d) Three pounds a day.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A cripple and some clothes.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A pistol and ammunition.
5. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Holmes' landlord.
(b) Bank president.
(c) City detective.
(d) Hotel concierge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
2. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
3. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
5. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)