|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary life.
(b) Ordinary people.
(c) Ordinary dreams.
(d) Ordinary books.
2. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what did the bride drop while walking down the aisle?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her bouquet.
(c) A tissue.
(d) A white glove.
3. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," how much does Holmes ask for the return of the jewels?
(a) 2500 pounds.
(b) 4000 pounds.
(c) 50 schillings.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
(b) The victim lied to the killer.
(c) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(d) The killer is being blackmailed.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
(a) He is held hostage.
(b) He gets locked in the same room as the machine.
(c) He gets drunk and tries to operate the machine.
(d) He jumps onto a fast moving train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
2. What does Doran think happened to Moulton?
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
4. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
5. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)