|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," what is Watson doing before their client comes in?
(a) Smoking a pipe.
(b) Reading a sailing novel.
(c) Cross-indexing his files.
(d) Playing the guitar.
2. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To save money on publications.
(b) To cover up a murder.
(c) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(d) To later use the information as a bribe.
4. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A knife.
(b) The authorities.
(c) A riding whip.
(d) A pistol.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(b) Inspector Bradstreet.
(c) Miss Helen Stoner.
(d) Victor Hatherly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
2. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
3. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
4. How does Moulton contact Doran on her wedding day?
5. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)