|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Smoke a pipe.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Go for a walk.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A pistol and ammunition.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A cripple and some clothes.
3. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
(a) The main character's brother.
(b) The main character's father.
(c) The main character's twin sister.
(d) The main character's mother.
4. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
(a) The Big Four.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) The KKK.
5. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) The post office.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The phonebook.
(d) A flier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
3. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
5. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)