|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(b) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(c) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(d) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is run aground just outside of England.
(b) It is lost at sea for three months.
(c) It is sunk at sea.
(d) It is attacked by pirates.
3. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," why does Mr. Rucastle not want his daughter to get married?
(a) He loves her to much to have her move away.
(b) He stands to lose a considerable sum of money.
(c) He needs her help to raise the other children.
(d) He is overprotective of her and wants her to stay.
4. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(b) The killer is being blackmailed.
(c) The victim lied to the killer.
(d) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes consult to find information about Lord St. Simon's case?
(a) The encyclopedia.
(b) The radio.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The Daily Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
2. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
4. How many people does Holder show the Coronet to?
5. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)