|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
2. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
(a) To a nearby inn.
(b) On the roof.
(c) Downstairs in the basement.
(d) To a friends house.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
(a) To wait in the car.
(b) To throw a smoke bomb.
(c) To call while Holmes is in the home.
(d) To distract the lady.
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who is Julia engaged to?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A local military officer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A bank president.
5. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
(a) An elevated social status.
(b) A set of royal jewels.
(c) A large country estate.
(d) A large dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
2. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
4. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)