|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Detective Lestrade.
(b) John Turner.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Dr. Watson.
2. What happens to John in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) He dies, apparently by accident.
(b) He moves in with Holmes.
(c) He is arrested for murder.
(d) He flees the country.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. William Prince.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(d) Mr. Windbank.
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
(a) That he is old.
(b) That he is fat.
(c) That he is intelligent.
(d) That he is stupid.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
(a) He is lost and asks for directions.
(b) He needs a doctor.
(c) He is an old family friend.
(d) He needs a place to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
4. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes consult to find information about Lord St. Simon's case?
5. What happens to Mr. Rucastle's daughter?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)