|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) A blank check.
(b) Pictures from his past.
(c) Directions to treasure.
(d) Five orange pips.
2. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(b) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(c) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(d) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
3. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
(a) She implores him to leave immediately.
(b) She welcomes him into her home.
(c) She wonders what he is doing there.
(d) She asks him for help.
4. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A letter.
(b) A picture.
(c) Incriminating evidence.
(d) Embarrassing tapes.
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary books.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what is Alexander Holder's profession?
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
3. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
4. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
5. What happens to Mr. Rucastle's daughter?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)