|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Holmes' directions, what must Hunter wait for Mr. Toller to do?
(a) To leave the house.
(b) To get drunk.
(c) To begin reading in the study.
(d) To turn on the radio.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
(a) A gun.
(b) A top hat.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A cloak.
3. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
(a) The Big Four.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) The KKK.
4. What happens to Holder's niece?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She disappears.
(d) She is locked in her home.
5. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) A thief.
(b) Sutherland's real father.
(c) A criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
2. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
4. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. Why does Holder take the Coronet home with him?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)