|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
(b) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(c) The killer is being blackmailed.
(d) The victim lied to the killer.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(b) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(c) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(d) The visitor is wearing a mask.
3. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) June 15th.
(b) May 7th.
(c) July 24th.
(d) June 3rd.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Drink alcohol.
5. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
(a) At Sutherland's home.
(b) At a library.
(c) At a pub.
(d) At a ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
3. At the end of "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what does Miss Hunter do?
4. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)