|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
(a) Catherine Cusak.
(b) Ms. Irene Adler.
(c) The Countess of Morcar.
(d) Miss Sutherland.
2. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," why does Mr. Rucastle not want his daughter to get married?
(a) He is overprotective of her and wants her to stay.
(b) He loves her to much to have her move away.
(c) He needs her help to raise the other children.
(d) He stands to lose a considerable sum of money.
3. At the end of "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," who does Holmes eat dinner with?
(a) St. Simon.
(b) Moulton and Doran.
(c) Inspector Lestrade.
4. While sitting, what does Hunter notice?
(a) Holmes sneaking up on Mr. Rucastle.
(b) Mr. Rucastle stealing from the kitchen.
(c) The animal being set free.
(d) A man watching her.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) It is a surprise guest.
(b) Holmes receives a phone call.
(c) Holmes receives a letter.
(d) Holmes receives a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
2. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
5. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)