|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Incriminating evidence.
(b) Embarrassing tapes.
(c) A letter.
(d) A picture.
2. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
(a) June of 1878.
(b) January of 1895.
(c) October of 1901.
(d) April of 1883.
3. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The killer is being blackmailed.
(b) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(c) The victim lied to the killer.
(d) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
4. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," how much does Holmes ask for the return of the jewels?
(a) 50 schillings.
(b) 4000 pounds.
(c) 2500 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
5. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) A pretty young woman.
(b) An blind man in his sixties.
(c) A young man in his twenties.
(d) A large old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why doesn't the stepfather want his stepdaughter to get married?
2. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where does Hunter ask Holmes to meet her?
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
4. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)