|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the requirements for the job Miss Violet Hunter seeks?
(a) She would need to wear specific dresses and cut her hair.
(b) She wouldn't be paid very much.
(c) It is an unusual job for a woman.
(d) She would need to wear funny shoes and glasses.
2. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
(a) She welcomes him into her home.
(b) She wonders what he is doing there.
(c) She implores him to leave immediately.
(d) She asks him for help.
3. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
4. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is sleeping.
(b) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(c) Holmes is in disguise.
(d) Holmes has a mustache.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what is the role of Mr. Rucastle?
2. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
3. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
5. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)