|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) Directions to treasure.
(b) Five orange pips.
(c) A blank check.
(d) Pictures from his past.
2. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Mrs. St. Clair.
(d) His wife.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a letter.
(b) It is a surprise guest.
(c) Holmes receives a phone call.
(d) Holmes receives a telegram.
4. At the end of "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what happens to Holder's son?
(a) He is sentenced to life in jail.
(b) He is freed from jail.
(c) He gets away with only probation.
(d) He sells the beryl coronet and is a rich man.
5. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
2. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
3. What happens to Holder's niece?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
5. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)