|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) John Turner.
(c) Charles McCarthy.
(d) None of these.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
(b) To buy Wilson's business.
(c) To use as a tax shelter.
(d) To court his mistress.
3. What does Helen hear that makes her nervous in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) Scraping on the wall.
(b) A whistling and a metal clamp.
(c) Animal noises.
(d) A scream and a siren.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The pub.
(b) The opium den.
(c) The brothel.
(d) The gambling room.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) Inspector Bradstreet.
(b) Miss Helen Stoner.
(c) Victor Hatherly.
(d) Colonnel Lysander Stark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
2. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
4. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)