|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) An blind man in his sixties.
(b) A pretty young woman.
(c) A young man in his twenties.
(d) A large old woman.
2. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
(a) The stolen hope diamond.
(b) The stolen crown jewels.
(c) The stolen blue carbuncle.
(d) A stolen check.
3. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
4. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is killed by his stepdaughter.
(d) He is attacked by a snake.
5. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(a) Best man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the beryl coronet?
2. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
3. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
4. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)