|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Holder's niece, who did one of the servant girls meet with?
(a) A gambler.
(b) A known criminal.
(c) Her father.
(d) A lover.
2. How does Holmes know the owner of the hat's wife no longer loves him in "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) The hat has tags on it.
(b) The hat has not been pressed for days.
(c) The hat smells of perfume.
(d) The hat has not been brushed for weeks.
3. How does Elias Openshaw die?
(b) He doesn't die.
4. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) City detective.
(b) Holmes' landlord.
(c) Bank president.
(d) Hotel concierge.
5. What is the relationship between St. Simon and Flora Millar?
(a) Former coworkers.
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
2. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
3. How does Moulton contact Doran on her wedding day?
4. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
5. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)