|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
(a) It is used as a printing press.
(b) It is used for torture.
(c) It is used for counterfeiting.
(d) It is stolen.
2. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
(a) A camera and pen.
(b) A dress and shoes.
(c) A hat and cane.
(d) A ring and corset.
3. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why doesn't the stepfather want his stepdaughter to get married?
(a) He is scared he will never see her again.
(b) He will lose a large sum of money.
(c) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(d) He dissaproves of her fiance.
4. What is unusual about the requirements for the job Miss Violet Hunter seeks?
(a) It is an unusual job for a woman.
(b) She wouldn't be paid very much.
(c) She would need to wear funny shoes and glasses.
(d) She would need to wear specific dresses and cut her hair.
5. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) Jim Smith.
(b) John Clay.
(c) John Warren.
(d) Jake Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
3. Where is Boscombe Valley?
4. At the end of "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what happens to the niece?
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)