|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
(a) Holmes goes to a hat maker's shop.
(b) Holmes puts a flier up on the streetcorner.
(c) Holmes goes to a goose farm.
(d) Holmes puts an ad in the paper.
2. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(b) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(c) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(d) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
4. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They talk by telephone.
(b) They write each other letters.
(c) They meet in secret.
(d) They don't communicate.
5. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To later use the information as a bribe.
(b) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(c) To cover up a murder.
(d) To save money on publications.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
3. Where does Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" live?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
5. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)