|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(d) Opera singer.
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is sunk at sea.
(b) It is lost at sea for three months.
(c) It is attacked by pirates.
(d) It is run aground just outside of England.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a telegram.
(b) Holmes receives a letter.
(c) Holmes receives a phone call.
(d) It is a surprise guest.
4. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the strap?
(a) That he is cautious.
(b) That he has foresight.
(c) That he is wealthy.
(d) That he is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
2. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
3. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
4. How does Elias Openshaw die?
5. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)