|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) John Warren.
(b) John Clay.
(c) Jim Smith.
(d) Jake Jones.
2. In "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet," what did Holder's son witness?
(a) Burnwell taking the coronet.
(b) Holder's niece taking the coronet.
(c) Holder taking the coronet.
(d) Nothing, he doesn't know what happened to the coronet.
3. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
4. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) 50 pence an hour.
(b) Ten pounds a month.
(c) Three pounds a day.
(d) Four pounds a week.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
2. What happens to John in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what animal is kept for security?
4. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
5. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)