|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Boscombe Valley?
(a) On an island.
(b) In the city.
(d) In the countryside.
2. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
(b) The KKK.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) The Big Four.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A cripple and some clothes.
(b) A pistol and ammunition.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A pipe.
4. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," why does Mr. Rucastle not want his daughter to get married?
(a) He loves her to much to have her move away.
(b) He stands to lose a considerable sum of money.
(c) He is overprotective of her and wants her to stay.
(d) He needs her help to raise the other children.
5. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
(a) McCarthy owns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)