|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 4235D Baker Road.
(b) 221B Baker Street.
(c) 1212A Mystery Street.
(d) 342C Butcher Street.
2. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
(a) An elevated social status.
(b) A large country estate.
(c) A set of royal jewels.
(d) A large dowry.
3. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) A young man in his twenties.
(b) A pretty young woman.
(c) A large old woman.
(d) An blind man in his sixties.
4. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," what animal is kept for security?
(a) A small lion.
(b) A talking parakeet.
(c) A large mastiff.
(d) A trained snake.
5. Who does Holder accuse of taking the beryls?
(a) His son.
(b) Sir George Burnwell.
(c) His niece.
(d) He doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
2. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
3. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who is Julia engaged to?
4. In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," where does Hunter ask Holmes to meet her?
5. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)