|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moulton contact Doran on her wedding day?
(a) He telephones her before the wedding.
(b) They meet in the buffet line.
(c) An acquaintance passes her a note.
(d) Through a note in her bouquet.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A pistol and ammunition.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A cripple and some clothes.
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) John Turner.
(d) Charles McCarthy.
4. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
(a) Holmes solves the case and executes the criminal.
(b) Holmes solves the case and catches the criminal.
(c) Holmes is unable to solve the case.
(d) Holmes solves the case but lets the criminal go free.
5. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
(a) He misses his family back home in England.
(b) He is forced to after beating his butler to death.
(c) He is forced to after not paying off a gambling debt.
(d) He is bored with the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
2. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
3. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
4. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
5. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)