|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
(a) He trips over a hole, hits his head and is killed.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) He is accused of murder.
2. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
(a) June of 1878.
(b) October of 1901.
(c) January of 1895.
(d) April of 1883.
3. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) Five orange pips.
(b) Pictures from his past.
(c) A blank check.
(d) Directions to treasure.
4. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
(a) A camera and pen.
(b) A ring and corset.
(c) A hat and cane.
(d) A dress and shoes.
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes receive from Lord St. Simon?
(a) A letter.
(b) A picture.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
5. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)