|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
2. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) Miss Sutherland.
(b) Miss Irene Adler.
(c) Miss Victoria Bentley.
(d) Miss Helen Stoner.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Draw and sew.
(c) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(d) Read and knit.
4. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Boss and employee.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
5. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Webster's Dictionary.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes find intriguing about the note?
2. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
3. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
4. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
5. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)