|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
(a) To wait in the car.
(b) To distract the lady.
(c) To call while Holmes is in the home.
(d) To throw a smoke bomb.
2. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
(a) June of 1878.
(b) January of 1895.
(c) April of 1883.
(d) October of 1901.
3. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Woos her to be her lover.
(b) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(c) Stages a fight.
(d) Breaks in.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(b) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(c) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(d) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
5. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
(b) Stable worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lord St.Simon's wife disappear?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
3. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
4. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)