|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
(b) To see Hugh Boone.
(c) To apply for a job.
(d) To talk to the detective.
2. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Having breakfast with his wife.
(b) Seeing a patient.
(c) Researching in his library.
(d) On vacation with his wife.
3. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(b) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(c) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
(d) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
(a) It was left on his front step.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A mysterious man in a mask.
5. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
(a) In a goose.
(b) In his sandwhich.
(c) In the piano in his house.
(d) In his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what is Watson doing before their client comes in?
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what did the bride drop while walking down the aisle?
4. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)