|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary people.
(c) Ordinary books.
(d) Ordinary life.
2. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) June 3rd.
(b) May 7th.
(c) June 15th.
(d) July 24th.
3. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) The authorities.
(b) A knife.
(c) A riding whip.
(d) A pistol.
4. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(c) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(d) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
2. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
3. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
4. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)