|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A murder.
(b) A man beating his wife.
(c) A stolen book.
(d) A bank robbery.
2. Where is Boscombe Valley?
(a) In the city.
(b) In the countryside.
(c) On an island.
3. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Boss and employee.
4. Who was the object found in the stomach of a goose stolen from?
(a) Catherine Cusak.
(b) Ms. Irene Adler.
(c) The Countess of Morcar.
(d) Miss Sutherland.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
(a) He is an old family friend.
(b) He needs a place to hide.
(c) He needs a doctor.
(d) He is lost and asks for directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
3. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
4. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes consult to find information about Lord St. Simon's case?
5. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)