|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moulton contact Doran on her wedding day?
(a) Through a note in her bouquet.
(b) They meet in the buffet line.
(c) He telephones her before the wedding.
(d) An acquaintance passes her a note.
2. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what did the bride drop while walking down the aisle?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) A white glove.
(c) Her bouquet.
(d) A tissue.
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It continues on with a new leader.
(b) It is dissolved.
(c) It is brought up on tax evasion.
(d) Holmes becomes the new leader.
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes consult to find information about Lord St. Simon's case?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The Daily Journal.
(c) The encyclopedia.
(d) The radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
2. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
3. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
4. What does Helen mutter about before dying?
5. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)