|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
(a) She implores him to leave immediately.
(b) She asks him for help.
(c) She wonders what he is doing there.
(d) She welcomes him into her home.
2. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
(a) A hat and cane.
(b) A camera and pen.
(c) A ring and corset.
(d) A dress and shoes.
4. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
(a) Makes a bribe.
(b) Makes a bet.
(c) Asks the owner.
(d) Threatens with his fists.
5. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Incriminating evidence.
(b) A picture.
(c) A letter.
(d) Embarrassing tapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
2. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
4. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)