|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what did the bride drop while walking down the aisle?
(a) Her bouquet.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) A white glove.
(d) A tissue.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
(b) To buy Wilson's business.
(c) To court his mistress.
(d) To use as a tax shelter.
3. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
(b) Stable worker.
4. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(b) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(c) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
(d) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(b) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(c) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(d) Tells him to run out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
3. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
4. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
5. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)