|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Inspector Lestrade find in the river?
(a) A hat and cane.
(b) A camera and pen.
(c) A dress and shoes.
(d) A ring and corset.
2. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
(a) The stolen blue carbuncle.
(b) A stolen check.
(c) The stolen crown jewels.
(d) The stolen hope diamond.
3. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
(a) A goose.
(b) A picture.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A wallet.
4. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A man beating his wife.
(b) A murder.
(c) A stolen book.
(d) A bank robbery.
5. In "The Five Orange Pips," what is Watson doing before their client comes in?
(a) Smoking a pipe.
(b) Playing the guitar.
(c) Reading a sailing novel.
(d) Cross-indexing his files.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" live?
2. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
5. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)