|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) 100 guineas.
(b) 25 pounds.
(c) 30 schillings.
(d) 50 guineas.
2. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
(a) June of 1878.
(b) January of 1895.
(c) April of 1883.
(d) October of 1901.
4. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
5. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Researching in his library.
(b) Seeing a patient.
(c) On vacation with his wife.
(d) Having breakfast with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
2. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
3. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
4. How does Holmes know the owner of the hat's wife no longer loves him in "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)