|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) Miss Irene Adler.
(b) Miss Victoria Bentley.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Miss Helen Stoner.
2. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
(a) October of 1901.
(b) June of 1878.
(c) April of 1883.
(d) January of 1895.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The opium den.
(b) The pub.
(c) The gambling room.
(d) The brothel.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Mrs. St. Clair.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
5. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Make him confess his guilt.
(b) Turn him over to the police.
(c) Let him go free.
(d) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to John in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
3. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
4. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)