|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(d) Isa Whitney.
2. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes has a mustache.
(b) Holmes is in disguise.
(c) Holmes is sleeping.
(d) Holmes is skipping along the road.
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," why doesn't the stepfather want his stepdaughter to get married?
(a) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(b) He dissaproves of her fiance.
(c) He is scared he will never see her again.
(d) He will lose a large sum of money.
5. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
3. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
5. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)