|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the size?
(a) That he is fat.
(b) That he is intelligent.
(c) That he is stupid.
(d) That he is old.
2. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Windbank.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. McCarthy.
(d) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
3. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) Lets him go free.
(b) Asks for a cut of the stolen goods.
(c) Turns him over to the police.
(d) Tells him to get out of town.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(b) Holmes is in disguise.
(c) Holmes is sleeping.
(d) Holmes has a mustache.
5. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
3. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
4. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)