|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the strap?
(a) That he is wealthy.
(b) That he is poor.
(c) That he is cautious.
(d) That he has foresight.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(d) His revolver.
3. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
4. At the end of "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," who does Holmes eat dinner with?
(a) St. Simon.
(b) Moulton and Doran.
(c) Inspector Lestrade.
5. What does Helen mutter about before dying?
(a) A lost necklace.
(b) A speckled band.
(c) A rogue bat.
(d) An enormous spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what weapon is used to cut off an appendage of the engineer's?
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
3. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
5. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)