|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) Miss Irene Adler.
(b) Miss Helen Stoner.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Miss Victoria Bentley.
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The temptress."
(b) "The sleuth."
(c) "The woman."
(d) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes receive from Lord St. Simon?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A picture.
4. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) May 7th.
(b) July 24th.
(c) June 15th.
(d) June 3rd.
5. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) Jake Jones.
(b) John Clay.
(c) John Warren.
(d) Jim Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," who does Holmes eat dinner with?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
3. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)