|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) John Clay.
(b) Jim Smith.
(c) Jake Jones.
(d) John Warren.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(b) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(c) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(d) The visitor is wearing a mask.
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Hotel concierge.
(b) Bank president.
(c) Holmes' landlord.
(d) City detective.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Miss Helen Stoner.
(b) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(c) Inspector Bradstreet.
(d) Victor Hatherly.
5. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) An atlas.
(b) An encyclopedia.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
2. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
3. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
5. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)