|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
(a) She wonders what he is doing there.
(b) She implores him to leave immediately.
(c) She asks him for help.
(d) She welcomes him into her home.
2. Where does Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" live?
(a) In the countryhouse of an old aristocratic family.
(b) In the garage of one of Holmes' neighbors.
(c) In a room of an apartment of a wealthy family.
(d) In the back of a pastry shop.
3. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
(a) The main character's mother.
(b) The main character's brother.
(c) The main character's twin sister.
(d) The main character's father.
5. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
2. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
3. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
4. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)