|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
(a) He is an old family friend.
(b) He is lost and asks for directions.
(c) He needs a place to hide.
(d) He needs a doctor.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(c) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(d) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
3. Where does Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" live?
(a) In the back of a pastry shop.
(b) In a room of an apartment of a wealthy family.
(c) In the countryhouse of an old aristocratic family.
(d) In the garage of one of Holmes' neighbors.
4. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
(a) October of 1901.
(b) June of 1878.
(c) April of 1883.
(d) January of 1895.
5. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
2. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
3. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
4. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
5. What is the relationship between St. Simon and Flora Millar?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)