|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary books.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary life.
2. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Melanie Smith.
(b) Jane Johnson.
(c) Wilma Robinson.
(d) Irene Adler.
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To save money on publications.
(b) To cover up a murder.
(c) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(d) To later use the information as a bribe.
4. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
(a) Sunny and hot.
(d) Clear skies.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(b) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(c) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(d) Tells him to run out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
3. Where is Boscombe Valley?
4. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
5. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)