|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary life.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary books.
2. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
(a) A set of royal jewels.
(b) A large country estate.
(c) A large dowry.
(d) An elevated social status.
3. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
4. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
5. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
(a) Makes a bribe.
(b) Asks the owner.
(c) Makes a bet.
(d) Threatens with his fists.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
3. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
4. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)