|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) Dr. Watson.
(c) Detective Lestrade.
(d) John Turner.
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Smoke a pipe.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Play the violin.
3. When does "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" take place?
(a) October of 1901.
(b) April of 1883.
(c) June of 1878.
(d) January of 1895.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A gun.
(d) A cloak.
5. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
(a) The bell cord.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The ceiling fan.
(d) The light.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
2. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
4. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
5. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)