|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(b) Tells him to run out of town.
(c) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(d) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
3. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Ten pounds a month.
(b) Three pounds a day.
(c) Four pounds a week.
(d) 50 pence an hour.
4. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Stages a fight.
(b) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(c) Breaks in.
(d) Woos her to be her lover.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Miss Jenny Fromberg.
(b) Miss Jane Jones.
(c) Miss Irene Adler.
(d) Miss Mary Sutherland.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
2. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
3. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
5. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)