|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) Hiding in the stable.
(c) Eating in the kitchen.
(d) She is no longer there.
2. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
(a) From behind.
(b) There was no fatal blow.
(c) From the side.
(d) From the front.
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A gun.
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what is Watson doing before their client comes in?
(a) Cross-indexing his files.
(b) Smoking a pipe.
(c) Reading a sailing novel.
(d) Playing the guitar.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to run out of town.
(b) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(c) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(d) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
2. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
3. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
4. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)