|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Draw and sew.
(b) Listen to music.
(c) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(d) Read and knit.
2. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary books.
(b) Ordinary life.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary dreams.
3. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The Big Four.
4. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(b) Make him confess his guilt.
(c) Turn him over to the police.
(d) Let him go free.
5. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
(a) He trips over a hole, hits his head and is killed.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He is accused of murder.
(d) He hangs himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
2. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
5. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)