|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Mrs. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Isa Whitney.
2. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
(a) She is no longer there.
(b) Eating in the kitchen.
(c) Hiding in the stable.
(d) In the sitting room.
3. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) For the education of red-headed families.
(b) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
(c) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(d) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
4. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) Detective Lestrade.
(c) John Turner.
(d) Dr. Watson.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
2. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
3. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
4. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
5. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)