|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) A thief.
(b) A criminal.
(c) Sutherland's real father.
3. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A picture.
(b) Embarrassing tapes.
(c) A letter.
(d) Incriminating evidence.
4. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To later use the information as a bribe.
(b) To save money on publications.
(c) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(d) To cover up a murder.
5. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A stolen book.
(b) A man beating his wife.
(c) A murder.
(d) A bank robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
3. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
5. What happens to John in "The Five Orange Pips?"
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)