|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
(a) Yes, but the object is destroyed.
(b) Yes, the object is returned to the king.
(c) No, Holmes is unsuccessful.
(d) No, the lady takes the object with her.
2. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a telegram.
(b) Holmes receives a letter.
(c) Holmes receives a phone call.
(d) It is a surprise guest.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Wilson.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Windbanks.
(d) Mr. Merryweather.
5. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) A large old woman.
(b) A pretty young woman.
(c) An blind man in his sixties.
(d) A young man in his twenties.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
2. How does Elias Openshaw die?
3. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
4. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
5. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)