|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
(a) A bank.
(b) A post office.
(c) A pub.
(d) A butcher.
2. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
(a) New York.
(c) Pondicherry, India.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(b) Mr. Windbank.
(c) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(d) Mr. William Prince.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) Charles McCarthy.
(b) John McCarthy.
(c) John Turner.
(d) James McCarthy.
5. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Smoke a pipe.
(b) Play the violin.
(d) Take a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. Where is Boscombe Valley?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
4. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
5. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)