|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
(a) To distract the lady.
(b) To call while Holmes is in the home.
(c) To throw a smoke bomb.
(d) To wait in the car.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the bank.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To the gym.
3. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It is dissolved.
(b) It continues on with a new leader.
(c) Holmes becomes the new leader.
(d) It is brought up on tax evasion.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Draw and sew.
(b) Listen to music.
(c) Read and knit.
(d) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
5. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He is in a car accident.
(b) He calls off the wedding.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He falls and breaks his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
3. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
5. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)