|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
2. How does Elias Openshaw die?
(c) He doesn't die.
3. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(b) Webster's Dictionary.
(c) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(d) The Bible.
4. Where is Boscombe Valley?
(b) On an island.
(c) In the countryside.
(d) In the city.
5. In "The Five Orange Pips," what is Watson doing before their client comes in?
(a) Playing the guitar.
(b) Reading a sailing novel.
(c) Smoking a pipe.
(d) Cross-indexing his files.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
2. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
3. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)