|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
(a) McCarthy owns it.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) John Turner.
(c) Charles McCarthy.
(d) James McCarthy.
3. Where is Boscombe Valley?
(a) On an island.
(c) In the city.
(d) In the countryside.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(b) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(c) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(d) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. Windbank.
(d) Mr. William Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)