|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Having breakfast with his wife.
(b) Seeing a patient.
(c) On vacation with his wife.
(d) Researching in his library.
2. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(b) Breaks in.
(c) Woos her to be her lover.
(d) Stages a fight.
3. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
(b) Mr. Windbanks.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes has a mustache.
(b) Holmes is sleeping.
(c) Holmes is in disguise.
(d) Holmes is skipping along the road.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
(a) That he will never be found.
(b) That he left his wife.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he is in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
5. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)