|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) Jake Jones.
(b) John Warren.
(c) John Clay.
(d) Jim Smith.
3. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(b) Make him confess his guilt.
(c) Turn him over to the police.
(d) Let him go free.
4. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(b) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(c) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(d) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
5. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(a) Kate Whitney.
(b) Isa Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
2. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
4. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
5. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)