|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, The Man with the Twisted Lip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Boss and employee.
(b) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
2. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A flier.
(c) The phonebook.
(d) The post office.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he will never be found.
(c) That he is in jail.
(d) That he left his wife.
4. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A riding whip.
(c) The authorities.
(d) A pistol.
5. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Kate Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
2. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
4. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
5. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)