|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(b) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
(c) The killer is being blackmailed.
(d) The victim lied to the killer.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
(a) Has a girlfriend.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(b) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(c) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(d) The visitor is wearing a mask.
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
(a) Watson's wife kicked him out.
(b) Watson's wife is out of town.
(c) Holmes is lonely and asks Watson to come over.
(d) Watson is getting a divorce.
5. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Turn him over to the police.
(b) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(c) Make him confess his guilt.
(d) Let him go free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
4. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
5. Where did the letter Elias receives come from?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)