|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(b) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
(c) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
(d) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A cloak.
3. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) An atlas.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) An encyclopedia.
4. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A stolen book.
(c) A murder.
(d) A man beating his wife.
5. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Detective Lestrade.
(b) John Turner.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Dr. Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
4. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)