|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(a) Best man.
2. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(b) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(c) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(d) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
3. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
(a) Watson is getting a divorce.
(b) Watson's wife is out of town.
(c) Holmes is lonely and asks Watson to come over.
(d) Watson's wife kicked him out.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
(a) None of these.
(b) Charles McCarthy.
(c) John Turner.
(d) James McCarthy.
5. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The sleuth."
(b) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
(c) "The temptress."
(d) "The woman."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," what is Watson doing before their client comes in?
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
3. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)