|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(b) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(c) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(d) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The temptress."
(b) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
(c) "The sleuth."
(d) "The woman."
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
(a) Yes, but the object is destroyed.
(b) Yes, the object is returned to the king.
(c) No, Holmes is unsuccessful.
(d) No, the lady takes the object with her.
4. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
(b) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
(c) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(d) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
5. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(b) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(c) Webster's Dictionary.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Angel?
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
3. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
4. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)