|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
(a) From behind.
(b) From the side.
(c) From the front.
(d) There was no fatal blow.
2. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
(a) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
3. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(b) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(c) For the education of red-headed families.
(d) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Wilson.
(c) Mr. Merryweather.
(d) Mr. Windbanks.
5. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) A blank check.
(b) Five orange pips.
(c) Directions to treasure.
(d) Pictures from his past.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
2. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
3. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
4. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)