|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
2. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Wilson.
(b) Mr. Windbanks.
(c) Mr. Merryweather.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
(c) Stable worker.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(b) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(c) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(d) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
5. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) The post office.
(b) A flier.
(c) The phonebook.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
2. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
3. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
4. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
5. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)