|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Turn him over to the police.
(b) Make him confess his guilt.
(c) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(d) Let him go free.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) John McCarthy.
(b) John Turner.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Charles McCarthy.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(b) His revolver.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bottle of gin.
4. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
5. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(d) Best man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
2. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
3. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
4. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. Who does Elias receive a letter from?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)