|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Elias and John Openshaw?
2. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Windbank.
(b) Mr. McCarthy.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
3. How does Elias Openshaw die?
(b) He doesn't die.
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
(a) Watson is getting a divorce.
(b) Holmes is lonely and asks Watson to come over.
(c) Watson's wife is out of town.
(d) Watson's wife kicked him out.
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) John Turner.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) Charles McCarthy.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
2. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
4. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
5. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)