|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He trips over a hole, hits his head and is killed.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He is accused of murder.
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
(a) It is sunk at sea.
(b) It is attacked by pirates.
(c) It is lost at sea for three months.
(d) It is run aground just outside of England.
3. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
(a) From the front.
(b) There was no fatal blow.
(c) From the side.
(d) From behind.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
(a) Confesses to the crime.
(b) Attempts to murder Holmes.
(c) Denies his involvement.
(d) Flees the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
2. Where is Boscombe Valley?
3. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
4. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)