|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
(a) May 7th.
(b) June 15th.
(c) June 3rd.
(d) July 24th.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) John Turner.
(b) John McCarthy.
(c) Charles McCarthy.
(d) James McCarthy.
3. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
(a) Pictures from his past.
(b) A blank check.
(c) Five orange pips.
(d) Directions to treasure.
4. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 4235D Baker Road.
(b) 1212A Mystery Street.
(c) 221B Baker Street.
(d) 342C Butcher Street.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(b) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(c) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(d) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
3. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
5. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)