|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Five Orange Pips.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Windbank.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. McCarthy.
(d) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
2. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Researching in his library.
(b) On vacation with his wife.
(c) Having breakfast with his wife.
(d) Seeing a patient.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) A knife.
(b) His revolver.
(d) A bottle of gin.
4. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He falls and breaks his leg.
(c) He calls off the wedding.
(d) He is in a car accident.
5. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Three pounds a day.
(b) Four pounds a week.
(c) Ten pounds a month.
(d) 50 pence an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives the second letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
4. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
5. Where is Boscombe Valley?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)