|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Breaks in.
(b) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(c) Stages a fight.
(d) Woos her to be her lover.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To later use the information as a bribe.
(b) To cover up a murder.
(c) To save money on publications.
(d) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(b) Mr. McCarthy.
(c) Mr. Windbank.
(d) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
5. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Play the violin.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Take a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
2. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
4. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
5. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)