|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Four pounds a week.
(b) Three pounds a day.
(c) 50 pence an hour.
(d) Ten pounds a month.
2. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A post office.
(c) A pub.
(d) A bank.
3. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Play the violin.
(d) Take a walk.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the bank.
(b) To the gym.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To the library.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Windbank.
(b) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(c) Mr. McCarthy.
(d) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
2. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)