|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
2. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(b) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
(c) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(d) For the education of red-headed families.
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Hotel concierge.
(b) City detective.
(c) Bank president.
(d) Holmes' landlord.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
(a) To throw a smoke bomb.
(b) To distract the lady.
(c) To wait in the car.
(d) To call while Holmes is in the home.
5. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) A flier.
(b) The post office.
(c) The phonebook.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
2. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
3. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
4. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)