|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A picture.
(b) A letter.
(c) Incriminating evidence.
(d) Embarrassing tapes.
2. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Hotel concierge.
(b) Bank president.
(c) Holmes' landlord.
(d) City detective.
3. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Webster's Dictionary.
(b) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(c) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(d) The Bible.
4. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
5. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Four pounds a week.
(b) Ten pounds a month.
(c) Three pounds a day.
(d) 50 pence an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)