|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Webster's Dictionary.
(c) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(d) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Play the violin.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a telegram.
(b) Holmes receives a letter.
(c) Holmes receives a phone call.
(d) It is a surprise guest.
4. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
5. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The sleuth."
(b) "The temptress."
(c) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
(d) "The woman."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
2. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
5. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)