|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
(a) Dr. Watson.
(b) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
2. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(c) Best man.
3. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
(a) Holmes solves the case and catches the criminal.
(b) Holmes is unable to solve the case.
(c) Holmes solves the case and executes the criminal.
(d) Holmes solves the case but lets the criminal go free.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) His revolver.
(d) A knife.
5. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) A picture.
(b) A letter.
(c) Incriminating evidence.
(d) Embarrassing tapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
3. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
4. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)