|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 1212A Mystery Street.
(b) 342C Butcher Street.
(c) 221B Baker Street.
(d) 4235D Baker Road.
2. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Webster's Dictionary.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
3. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The temptress."
(b) "The woman."
(c) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
(d) "The sleuth."
4. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Three pounds a day.
(b) 50 pence an hour.
(c) Four pounds a week.
(d) Ten pounds a month.
5. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) The phonebook.
(b) A flier.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
3. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
4. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)