|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. Windbank.
(b) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(c) Mr. William Prince.
(d) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
2. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Stages a fight.
(b) Woos her to be her lover.
(c) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(d) Breaks in.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To buy Wilson's business.
(b) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
(c) To court his mistress.
(d) To use as a tax shelter.
4. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Webster's Dictionary.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
(a) Yes, the object is returned to the king.
(b) No, Holmes is unsuccessful.
(c) No, the lady takes the object with her.
(d) Yes, but the object is destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
2. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
3. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
4. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
5. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)