|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
(a) John Clay.
(b) Jake Jones.
(c) Jim Smith.
(d) John Warren.
2. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The phonebook.
(c) A flier.
(d) The post office.
3. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(d) Opera singer.
4. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Disguises himself as a salesman.
(b) Breaks in.
(c) Stages a fight.
(d) Woos her to be her lover.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(b) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
(c) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(d) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
2. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
3. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
4. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)