|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(b) Webster's Dictionary.
(c) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(d) The Bible.
2. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(c) Opera singer.
3. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
4. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Windbanks.
(b) Mr. Merryweather.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
5. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Play the violin.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Take a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
2. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
5. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)