|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
2. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Embarrassing tapes.
(b) A picture.
(c) A letter.
(d) Incriminating evidence.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) His revolver.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A knife.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
(a) No, the lady takes the object with her.
(b) No, Holmes is unsuccessful.
(c) Yes, the object is returned to the king.
(d) Yes, but the object is destroyed.
5. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To save money on publications.
(b) To later use the information as a bribe.
(c) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(d) To cover up a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
3. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
4. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
5. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)