|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, The Red-Headed League.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
2. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(b) Mr. McCarthy.
(c) Mr. Windbank.
(d) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
(b) To later use the information as a bribe.
(c) To save money on publications.
(d) To cover up a murder.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the gym.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To the bank.
5. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) A flier.
(b) The phonebook.
(c) The post office.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
2. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
3. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
4. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
5. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)