|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, A Case of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The sleuth."
(b) "The woman."
(c) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
(d) "The temptress."
2. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) Hotel concierge.
(b) Holmes' landlord.
(c) City detective.
(d) Bank president.
3. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
(d) Stable worker.
4. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
(a) At a library.
(b) At a ball.
(c) At a pub.
(d) At Sutherland's home.
5. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
(a) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Dr. Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
2. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
3. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
4. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)