|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) He is killed by his stepdaughter.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is attacked by a snake.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) Charles McCarthy.
(c) John Turner.
(d) John McCarthy.
3. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
(d) Stable worker.
4. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
5. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Wilma Robinson.
(b) Irene Adler.
(c) Melanie Smith.
(d) Jane Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
2. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
3. In "The Five Orange Pips," why is Watson staying with Holmes?
4. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)