|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mrs. St. Clair.
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," how are the first and second letter similar?
(a) Both are from India.
(b) Both have KKK and five orange pips.
(c) Both are written in Spanish.
(d) Both are written on the same typewriter.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(b) Tells him to run out of town.
(c) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(d) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
4. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
(d) United States.
5. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) Lets him go free.
(b) Asks for a cut of the stolen goods.
(c) Turns him over to the police.
(d) Tells him to get out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Holmes consult in "The Five Orange Pips?"
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer try to fix?
5. How does Elias Openshaw die?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)