|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(d) Prime Minister.
2. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
3. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Ten pounds a month.
(b) Three pounds a day.
(c) Four pounds a week.
(d) 50 pence an hour.
4. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Isa Whitney.
(c) Kate Whitney.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(b) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(c) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(d) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," who does Holmes eat dinner with?
2. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer try to fix?
4. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
5. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)