|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) She is married and her husband supports her.
(b) Her allowance from her stepfather.
(c) She works as a prostitute.
(d) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
2. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
(b) Sunny and hot.
(d) Clear skies.
3. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
(a) Hiding in the stable.
(b) Eating in the kitchen.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) She is no longer there.
4. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
(a) He is forced to after not paying off a gambling debt.
(b) He is bored with the country.
(c) He misses his family back home in England.
(d) He is forced to after beating his butler to death.
5. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A pub.
(c) A bank.
(d) A post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
2. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
3. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
5. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)