|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
(a) Holmes solves the case and catches the criminal.
(b) Holmes is unable to solve the case.
(c) Holmes solves the case and executes the criminal.
(d) Holmes solves the case but lets the criminal go free.
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
3. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
(a) The stolen hope diamond.
(b) A stolen check.
(c) The stolen crown jewels.
(d) The stolen blue carbuncle.
4. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
(c) McCarthy owns it.
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(b) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(c) For the education of red-headed families.
(d) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who is Julia engaged to?
2. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
3. How does Holmes make contact with the owner of the goose and hat?
4. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
5. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)