|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) Colonnel Lysander Stark.
(b) Victor Hatherly.
(c) Inspector Bradstreet.
(d) Miss Helen Stoner.
2. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
3. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
(a) There was no fatal blow.
(b) From behind.
(c) From the side.
(d) From the front.
4. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
(a) United States.
5. In "The Five Orange Pips," how are the first and second letter similar?
(a) Both have KKK and five orange pips.
(b) Both are written in Spanish.
(c) Both are from India.
(d) Both are written on the same typewriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elias Openshaw die?
2. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
3. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)