|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Smoke a pipe.
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what weapon is used to cut off an appendage of the engineer's?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A cleaver.
(d) A sword.
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes receive from Lord St. Simon?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A picture.
(c) A letter.
(d) A phone call.
4. In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," who dies of strange circumstances?
(a) The main character's twin sister.
(b) The main character's mother.
(c) The main character's father.
(d) The main character's brother.
5. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is attacked by a snake.
(d) He is killed by his stepdaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
3. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to the ship, the Lone Star?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)