|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmes and Watson arrive at the main character's home in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," where does she go?
(a) To a nearby inn.
(b) On the roof.
(c) To a friends house.
(d) Downstairs in the basement.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Wilson.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Windbanks.
(d) Mr. Merryweather.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(c) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(d) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
4. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Three pounds a day.
(b) Ten pounds a month.
(c) 50 pence an hour.
(d) Four pounds a week.
5. What does Doran think happened to Moulton?
(a) He refuses to marry her.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He leaves her for another woman.
(d) He takes a promotion and moves out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
2. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
3. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
4. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
5. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)