|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
(a) In his sandwhich.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In a goose.
(d) In the piano in his house.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Kate Whitney.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To apply for a job.
(b) To talk to the detective.
(c) To see Hugh Boone.
(d) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the gym.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the bank.
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what did the bride drop while walking down the aisle?
(a) A tissue.
(b) Her bouquet.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) A white glove.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
2. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
4. When did Lord St.Simon's wife disappear?
5. What is unusual about Angel?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)