|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
(a) She welcomes him into her home.
(b) She wonders what he is doing there.
(c) She asks him for help.
(d) She implores him to leave immediately.
2. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They write each other letters.
(b) They don't communicate.
(c) They meet in secret.
(d) They talk by telephone.
3. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Three pounds a day.
(b) Ten pounds a month.
(c) Four pounds a week.
(d) 50 pence an hour.
4. In "The Five Orange Pips," what happens to Joseph?
(a) He is accused of murder.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) He trips over a hole, hits his head and is killed.
5. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Incriminating evidence.
(b) A letter.
(c) Embarrassing tapes.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
2. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
3. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
5. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)