|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
(a) Has a girlfriend.
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
(a) A mysterious man in a mask.
(b) It was left on his front step.
(c) A policeman.
3. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
(a) In a goose.
(b) In his sandwhich.
(c) In the piano in his house.
(d) In his pocket.
4. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
(b) Her allowance from her stepfather.
(c) She works as a prostitute.
(d) She is married and her husband supports her.
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes find intriguing about the note?
(a) The date of the note.
(b) The handwriting of the note.
(c) The hotel bill it is written on.
(d) Who the note is from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
2. What does Helen hear that makes her nervous in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)