|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Wilson.
(b) Mr. Merryweather.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Windbanks.
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A knife.
(d) His revolver.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The pub.
(b) The brothel.
(c) The gambling room.
(d) The opium den.
4. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
5. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Woos her to be her lover.
(b) Breaks in.
(c) Stages a fight.
(d) Disguises himself as a salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
2. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
3. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
5. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)