|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the female's profession in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(d) Opera singer.
2. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(c) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(d) Webster's Dictionary.
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(b) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
(c) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(d) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Drink alcohol.
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
(a) To court his mistress.
(b) To keep Wilson away from his shop.
(c) To buy Wilson's business.
(d) To use as a tax shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
2. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
3. Where does James Ryder hide the stolen object?
4. What does Helen hear that makes her nervous in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer try to fix?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)