|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes receive from Lord St. Simon?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A letter.
(d) A picture.
2. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
(a) He is forced to after beating his butler to death.
(b) He is forced to after not paying off a gambling debt.
(c) He misses his family back home in England.
(d) He is bored with the country.
3. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) For the education of red-headed families.
(b) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
(c) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(d) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(b) Inspector Bradstreet.
(c) Miss Helen Stoner.
(d) Victor Hatherly.
5. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) A thief.
(b) A criminal.
(d) Sutherland's real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
3. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
5. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)