|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
(a) A book and a feather.
(b) A pocketwatch and boots.
(c) A flower and vase.
(d) A letter and his ring.
2. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
3. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes receive from Lord St. Simon?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A picture.
4. What does Holmes do with the criminal at the end of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
(a) Asks for a cut of the stolen goods.
(b) Tells him to get out of town.
(c) Turns him over to the police.
(d) Lets him go free.
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(b) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(c) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(d) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
3. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
4. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
5. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)