|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
(b) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(c) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(d) For the education of red-headed families.
2. What is Elias' reaction to the letter he receives?
3. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) Miss Victoria Bentley.
(b) Miss Irene Adler.
(c) Miss Helen Stoner.
(d) Miss Sutherland.
4. When did Lord St.Simon's wife disappear?
(a) The night before their wedding.
(b) The day after their wedding.
(c) Two days after their wedding.
(d) On their wedding day.
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) John McCarthy.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) Charles McCarthy.
(d) John Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
2. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
3. Who receives the third letter in "The Five Orange Pips?"
4. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)