|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
(a) He is lost and asks for directions.
(b) He needs a doctor.
(c) He is an old family friend.
(d) He needs a place to hide.
2. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary life.
(b) Ordinary dreams.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary books.
3. Where is Boscombe Valley?
(a) On an island.
(b) In the city.
(d) In the countryside.
4. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
5. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
(a) Holmes solves the case but lets the criminal go free.
(b) Holmes solves the case and catches the criminal.
(c) Holmes is unable to solve the case.
(d) Holmes solves the case and executes the criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
3. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
4. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes find intriguing about the note?
5. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)