|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
2. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(b) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
(c) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(d) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(c) Prime Minister.
4. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) Webster's Dictionary.
(b) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Oxford English Dictionary.
5. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(b) Best man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
2. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
3. When did Lord St.Simon's wife disappear?
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
5. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)