|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To later use the information as a bribe.
(b) To cover up a murder.
(c) To save money on publications.
(d) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what other item was taken from the person with the hat?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A picture.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A goose.
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what weapon is used to cut off an appendage of the engineer's?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sword.
(c) A cleaver.
(d) A hatchet.
4. Where do Miss Doran and Mr. Francis Hay Moulton meet?
5. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
2. What is found in the stomach of a goose?
3. What does Lord St. Simon stand to gain from his marriage to Hatty Doran?
4. What does Helen mutter about before dying?
5. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)