|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. William Prince.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(d) Mr. Windbank.
2. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Make him confess his guilt.
(b) Turn him over to the police.
(c) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(d) Let him go free.
3. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
(a) She welcomes him into her home.
(b) She implores him to leave immediately.
(c) She wonders what he is doing there.
(d) She asks him for help.
4. Why does the character in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" return from India?
(a) He is forced to after not paying off a gambling debt.
(b) He is bored with the country.
(c) He is forced to after beating his butler to death.
(d) He misses his family back home in England.
5. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
(a) The bell cord.
(b) The ceiling fan.
(c) The lamp.
(d) The light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
4. What is inside the letter Elias receives?
5. Where did Elias Openshaw briefly live?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)