|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They don't communicate.
(b) They write each other letters.
(c) They meet in secret.
(d) They talk by telephone.
2. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) 100 guineas.
(b) 50 guineas.
(c) 30 schillings.
(d) 25 pounds.
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
(a) He is an old family friend.
(b) He needs a place to hide.
(c) He needs a doctor.
(d) He is lost and asks for directions.
4. At the end of "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," what does Holmes hit with his cane?
(a) The lamp.
(b) The bell cord.
(c) The light.
(d) The ceiling fan.
5. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) A thief.
(b) A criminal.
(d) Sutherland's real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," what does Holmes deduce about the owner of the hat based on the strap?
2. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes find intriguing about the note?
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
4. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
5. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)