|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rat.
(d) A snake.
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," who delivers the black hat to Holmes?
(a) A mysterious man in a mask.
(c) It was left on his front step.
(d) A policeman.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the bank.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To the gym.
4. How does the stepfather die in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band?"
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is attacked by a snake.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is killed by his stepdaughter.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(b) Holmes is sleeping.
(c) Holmes has a mustache.
(d) Holmes is in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
2. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
3. What is unusual about Angel?
4. What time of year is it at the beginning of "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle?"
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)