|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John in "The Five Orange Pips?"
(a) He dies, apparently by accident.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He moves in with Holmes.
(d) He is arrested for murder.
2. In "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," how does Holmes determine where the goose was purchased?
(a) Makes a bet.
(b) Asks the owner.
(c) Threatens with his fists.
(d) Makes a bribe.
3. Describe Holmes' client in "The Five Orange Pips."
(a) A pretty young woman.
(b) A young man in his twenties.
(c) A large old woman.
(d) An blind man in his sixties.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Miss Helen Stoner.
(b) Victor Hatherly.
(c) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(d) Inspector Bradstreet.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) Victor Hatherly.
(b) Miss Helen Stoner.
(c) Inspector Bradstreet.
(d) Colonnel Lysander Stark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes find intriguing about the note?
3. At the end of "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," who does Holmes eat dinner with?
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
5. Who does Holmes believe to be behind the Red-Headed League?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)