|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
2. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
(a) "The temptress."
(b) "The woman."
(c) "The sleuth."
(d) Nothing. He refuses to speak her name.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes has a mustache.
(b) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(c) Holmes is in disguise.
(d) Holmes is sleeping.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what weapon is used to cut off an appendage of the engineer's?
(a) A cleaver.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A hatchet.
5. In "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor," what does Holmes receive from Lord St. Simon?
(a) A letter.
(b) A picture.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
2. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
4. What is the weather like in "The Five Orange Pips" when Watson is at Holmes' home?
5. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)