|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
(b) She works as a prostitute.
(c) She is married and her husband supports her.
(d) Her allowance from her stepfather.
2. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
3. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary dreams.
(b) Ordinary life.
(c) Ordinary books.
(d) Ordinary people.
4. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(b) The victim lied to the killer.
(c) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
(d) The killer is being blackmailed.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
(b) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(c) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(d) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
4. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
5. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)