|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmes solves the case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he determine is the reason for the Red-Headed League?
(a) To save money on publications.
(b) To later use the information as a bribe.
(c) To cover up a murder.
(d) To tunnel under Wilson's shop.
2. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
(b) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(c) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(d) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
3. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary books.
(b) Ordinary people.
(c) Ordinary dreams.
(d) Ordinary life.
4. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel walks with a limp.
(b) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(c) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
(d) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) Charles McCarthy.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) John Turner.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
2. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes believe is the reason for Wilson's job?
3. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
4. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
5. What body part of Spaulding's does Holmes want to see?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)