|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) James McCarthy.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Charles McCarthy.
(d) John Turner.
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
(a) By foot.
(b) By horse.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
3. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
(a) Hiding in the stable.
(b) She is no longer there.
(c) Eating in the kitchen.
(d) In the sitting room.
4. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 1212A Mystery Street.
(b) 342C Butcher Street.
(c) 4235D Baker Road.
(d) 221B Baker Street.
5. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Watson doing when he receives a telegram from Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
5. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)