|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 342C Butcher Street.
(b) 221B Baker Street.
(c) 1212A Mystery Street.
(d) 4235D Baker Road.
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He calls off the wedding.
(c) He falls and breaks his leg.
(d) He is in a car accident.
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) John Turner.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) Charles McCarthy.
4. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) A criminal.
(b) Sutherland's real father.
(d) A thief.
5. What is Wilson instructed to copy in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(b) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(c) Webster's Dictionary.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Holmes begins to solve the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is his disguise?
2. In "The Red-Headed League," where do Holmes and Watson go?
3. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
5. When Holmes, Watson and their client go to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia," where is she?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)