|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the case in "A Scandal in Bohemia," what role does Holmes play at the church?
(c) Best man.
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Take a walk.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Play the violin.
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
(a) John McCarthy.
(b) Charles McCarthy.
(c) John Turner.
(d) James McCarthy.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
(a) Charles McCarthy.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) James McCarthy.
(d) John Turner.
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
(a) Flees the scene.
(b) Denies his involvement.
(c) Attempts to murder Holmes.
(d) Confesses to the crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's role at the female character's home?
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
4. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
5. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)