|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(b) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(c) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
(d) Angel walks with a limp.
2. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) A flier.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The post office.
(d) The phonebook.
3. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(b) Mr. McCarthy.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. Windbank.
4. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary books.
(b) Ordinary people.
(c) Ordinary dreams.
(d) Ordinary life.
5. What is the name of the female in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
(a) Melanie Smith.
(b) Jane Johnson.
(c) Irene Adler.
(d) Wilma Robinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
2. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
4. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
5. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)