|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) John Turner.
(b) Detective Lestrade.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) James McCarthy.
2. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
(a) McCarthy owns it.
3. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Merryweather.
(b) Mr. Windbanks.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
(a) The visitor is wearing a mask.
(b) The visitor is wearing unusual glasses.
(c) The visitor is wearing an eyepatch.
(d) The visitor is not wearing any clothes.
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary books.
(b) Ordinary dreams.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is next door to Wilson's shop?
2. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
3. What is Holmes' client being blackmailed with in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
4. What date does Charles McCarthy make an appointment at the Boscombe Valley pool?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)