|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(b) His revolver.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A knife.
2. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
(a) Holmes is unable to solve the case.
(b) Holmes solves the case and catches the criminal.
(c) Holmes solves the case and executes the criminal.
(d) Holmes solves the case but lets the criminal go free.
3. When Watson shows up at the appointed time at night, what is the role of Peter Jones?
(a) City detective.
(b) Bank president.
(c) Hotel concierge.
(d) Holmes' landlord.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Windbanks.
(c) Mr. Merryweather.
(d) Mr. Wilson.
5. What is the purpose of the Red-Headed League?
(a) To advance the interests of red-headed men everywhere.
(b) To outline the lineage of red-headed people.
(c) For the education of red-headed families.
(d) To preserve the wealth of red heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
2. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
3. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
4. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
5. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)