|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
(d) McCarthy owns it.
2. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(b) Angel walks with a limp.
(c) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(d) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
3. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
(b) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
(c) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
(d) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
4. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
(a) From the front.
(b) From the side.
(c) From behind.
(d) There was no fatal blow.
5. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) A young woman about to be married.
(b) Exotic murder weapon.
(c) Character from a foreign land.
(d) Grotesque details.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
2. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)