|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(b) Let him go free.
(c) Make him confess his guilt.
(d) Turn him over to the police.
2. From which country do Turner and McCarthy know each other?
(c) United States.
3. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel walks with a limp.
(b) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(c) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(d) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
4. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary books.
(b) Ordinary dreams.
(c) Ordinary people.
(d) Ordinary life.
5. Who calls Holmes in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Detective Lestrade.
(b) James McCarthy.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) John Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
2. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
4. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)