|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of Holmes' apartment?
(a) 1212A Mystery Street.
(b) 342C Butcher Street.
(c) 4235D Baker Road.
(d) 221B Baker Street.
2. Who is Holmes' client in "The Red-Headed League?
(a) Mr. Windbank.
(b) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(c) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(d) Mr. McCarthy.
3. Where does the Red-Headed League place an advertisement for employment?
(a) The phonebook.
(b) A flier.
(c) The post office.
(d) The newspaper.
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A rat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A cat.
5. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) The killer is being blackmailed.
(b) The killer is insane and a serial killer.
(c) The victim lied to the killer.
(d) The victim has incriminating evidence on the killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
2. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
3. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
4. Who owns the estate McCarthy lives on?
5. How does Holmes gain access to the female character's home in "A Scandal in Bohemia?"
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)