|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Play the violin.
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who is originally arrested for murder?
(a) None of these.
(b) Charles McCarthy.
(c) John Turner.
(d) James McCarthy.
3. How much does Wilson earn in his job for the Red-Headed League?
(a) 50 pence an hour.
(b) Three pounds a day.
(c) Four pounds a week.
(d) Ten pounds a month.
4. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
(a) A riding whip.
(b) A knife.
(c) The authorities.
(d) A pistol.
5. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Turn him over to the police.
(b) Make him confess his guilt.
(c) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(d) Let him go free.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
4. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)