|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
(a) From behind.
(b) From the side.
(c) There was no fatal blow.
(d) From the front.
2. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Grotesque details.
(b) Exotic murder weapon.
(c) Character from a foreign land.
(d) A young woman about to be married.
3. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
4. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A snake.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the motivation for the murder in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
2. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
3. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
4. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is unusual about the visitor who comes to Holmes' apartment?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)