|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Exotic murder weapon.
(b) Character from a foreign land.
(c) A young woman about to be married.
(d) Grotesque details.
2. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," how does Holmes know someone is going to pay him a visit?
(a) Holmes receives a phone call.
(b) Holmes receives a telegram.
(c) Holmes receives a letter.
(d) It is a surprise guest.
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(b) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(c) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
(d) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
4. In "The Red-Headed League," besides Peter Jones, who meets with Watson and Holmes?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Wilson.
(c) Mr. Windbanks.
(d) Mr. Merryweather.
5. Once Holmes determines the murderer in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what is the murderer's response?
(a) Attempts to murder Holmes.
(b) Denies his involvement.
(c) Flees the scene.
(d) Confesses to the crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the interrogation report of James in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what sound did Charles McCarthy make?
2. How do Holmes and Watson travel to the case in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"?
3. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
4. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
5. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)