|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the case, what happens to the Red-Headed League?
(a) It continues on with a new leader.
(b) Holmes becomes the new leader.
(c) It is dissolved.
(d) It is brought up on tax evasion.
2. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
(b) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(c) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(d) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
3. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
(a) Holmes solves the case and executes the criminal.
(b) Holmes solves the case and catches the criminal.
(c) Holmes solves the case but lets the criminal go free.
(d) Holmes is unable to solve the case.
4. What does Holmes decide to do with the killer at the end of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery?"
(a) Extort 10,000 pounds from him.
(b) Make him confess his guilt.
(c) Let him go free.
(d) Turn him over to the police.
5. In "The Red-Headed League," what does Holmes ask Watson to bring with him at night?
(a) His revolver.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Angel?
2. According to Watson's medical investigation in "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," from which angle did the fatal blow come?
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what does James claim to see in the water?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)