|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
(a) To legally adpot Miss Sutherland.
(b) To prevent Miss Sutherland from getting married.
(c) To have Miss Sutherland move out of his house.
(d) To gain Miss Sutherland's inheritance.
2. After Holmes accepts Wilson's case in "The Red-Headed League," what does he do to help him think about the case?
(a) Play the violin.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," when is Holmes' client set to be blackmailed?
(a) On Christmas morning.
(b) On election day.
(c) On his wedding day.
(d) At the funeral.
4. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is the title of the visitor to Holmes' apartment?
(b) Prime Minister.
5. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(b) Sutherland's real father.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what did a witness see?
3. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
4. Who is the narrator of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"?
5. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," what is Watson's relationship status?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)