|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," is Holmes successful at solving the case?
(a) Yes, the object is returned to the king.
(b) No, the lady takes the object with her.
(c) Yes, but the object is destroyed.
(d) No, Holmes is unsuccessful.
2. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(b) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(c) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(d) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
3. In "A Scandal in Bohemia," who is the female character's significant other?
(a) Mr. Godfrey Norton.
(b) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(c) Mr. Windbank.
(d) Mr. William Prince.
4. What hours does Wilson work in his job for the Red-Headed League?
5. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," what animal does Charles McCarthy mention?
(a) A dog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," who does Holmes deduce is the murderer?
2. In "The Boscombe Valley Mystery," which character is found dead?
3. What does Holmes refer to the female character in "A Scandal in Bohemia" as?
4. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
5. What is the outcome of the case in "The Red-Headed League?"
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)