|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
(b) She is married and her husband supports her.
(c) She works as a prostitute.
(d) Her allowance from her stepfather.
2. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Boss and employee.
(d) Father and daughter.
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(b) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(c) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(d) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
4. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Miss Mary Sutherland.
(b) Miss Jenny Fromberg.
(c) Miss Jane Jones.
(d) Miss Irene Adler.
5. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Kate Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
2. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer try to fix?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)