|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Mr. Jabez Wilson.
(b) Mr. Windbanks.
(c) Miss Sutherland.
(d) Mr. Hosmer Angel.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is sleeping.
(b) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(c) Holmes has a mustache.
(d) Holmes is in disguise.
3. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
(a) A book and a feather.
(b) A flower and vase.
(c) A letter and his ring.
(d) A pocketwatch and boots.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Read a book.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The brothel.
(b) The pub.
(c) The gambling room.
(d) The opium den.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
3. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)