|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Smoke a pipe.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Drink alcohol.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
3. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
(a) Miss Mary Sutherland.
(b) Miss Jane Jones.
(c) Miss Irene Adler.
(d) Miss Jenny Fromberg.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(b) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(c) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(d) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
5. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) Miss Helen Stoner.
(b) Colonnel Lysander Stark.
(c) Inspector Bradstreet.
(d) Victor Hatherly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
3. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
4. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
5. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)