|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cripple and some clothes.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A pistol and ammunition.
2. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Character from a foreign land.
(b) A young woman about to be married.
(c) Exotic murder weapon.
(d) Grotesque details.
3. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
(b) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
(c) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(d) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(b) Inspector Bradstreet.
(c) Victor Hatherly.
(d) Miss Helen Stoner.
5. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
(a) To legally adpot Miss Sutherland.
(b) To have Miss Sutherland move out of his house.
(c) To prevent Miss Sutherland from getting married.
(d) To gain Miss Sutherland's inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
4. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)