|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(b) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(c) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(d) Tells him to run out of town.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
(a) That he is in jail.
(b) That he left his wife.
(c) That he will never be found.
(d) That he is dead.
3. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
(a) He works endless hours at his lawfirm.
(b) He has a gambling addiction and plays poker.
(c) He is an opium addict and spends time begging on the streets.
(d) He is a wine dealer and travels to France.
4. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(b) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
(c) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
(d) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The opium den.
(b) The pub.
(c) The gambling room.
(d) The brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Angel?
2. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
3. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)