|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Victor Hatherly.
(b) Inspector Bradstreet.
(c) Miss Helen Stoner.
(d) Colonel Lysander Stark.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Read a book.
3. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
(a) To prevent Miss Sutherland from getting married.
(b) To have Miss Sutherland move out of his house.
(c) To legally adpot Miss Sutherland.
(d) To gain Miss Sutherland's inheritance.
4. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Isa Whitney.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
2. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
3. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
4. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)