|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
2. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary books.
(b) Ordinary life.
(c) Ordinary dreams.
(d) Ordinary people.
3. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) 100 guineas.
(b) 50 guineas.
(c) 30 schillings.
(d) 25 pounds.
4. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) A young woman about to be married.
(b) Grotesque details.
(c) Character from a foreign land.
(d) Exotic murder weapon.
5. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A man beating his wife.
(b) A murder.
(c) A stolen book.
(d) A bank robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
4. What is unusual about Angel?
5. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)