|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what weapon is used to cut off an appendage of the engineer's?
(a) A hatchet.
(b) A cleaver.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(b) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
(c) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(d) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Smoke a pipe.
(d) Read a book.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(b) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(c) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(d) Tells him to run out of town.
5. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
(a) At a library.
(b) At a pub.
(c) At Sutherland's home.
(d) At a ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
3. What character does "The Man with the Twisted Lip" begin a description with?
4. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
5. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)