|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
(a) That he will never be found.
(b) That he left his wife.
(c) That he is in jail.
(d) That he is dead.
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Inspector Bradstreet.
(b) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(c) Victor Hatherly.
(d) Miss Helen Stoner.
4. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(b) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(c) Angel walks with a limp.
(d) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
5. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A murder.
(b) A man beating his wife.
(c) A bank robbery.
(d) A stolen book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
2. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
4. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)