|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To talk to the detective.
(b) To see Hugh Boone.
(c) To apply for a job.
(d) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
2. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
(a) Holmes has a drink with Angel.
(b) Holmes sends a letter to Windbanks.
(c) Holmes tells Watson to meet him at 10 pm.
(d) Holmes disguises himself as Windbanks and meets Sutherland.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," when the police return to the last known location of the missing person, what do they find?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cripple and some clothes.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A pistol and ammunition.
4. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
5. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
3. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
4. What is unusual about Angel?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)