|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to run out of town.
(b) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
(c) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(d) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(b) Draw and sew.
(c) Read and knit.
(d) Listen to music.
3. Which character in "The Man with the Twisted Lip" is addicted to opium?
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Mr. St. Clair.
(d) Isa Whitney.
4. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He calls off the wedding.
(b) He falls and breaks his leg.
(c) He is in a car accident.
(d) He disappears.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
2. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
4. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)