|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
(a) Mrs. St. Clair's pocketbook.
(b) Mr. St. Clair's coat.
(c) Mrs. Whitney's meat cleaver.
(d) Mr. Whitney's reading glasses.
2. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
(a) Pay his bill.
(b) Clean him up.
(c) Get him dressed.
(d) Post bail.
3. What does Mrs. St. Clair receive from her husband letting her know he is alright?
(a) A pocketwatch and boots.
(b) A letter and his ring.
(c) A flower and vase.
(d) A book and a feather.
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
(a) Smoke a pipe and mend socks.
(b) Read and knit.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Draw and sew.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
(a) Colonel Lysander Stark.
(b) Miss Helen Stoner.
(c) Victor Hatherly.
(d) Inspector Bradstreet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
3. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
4. What year does "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb" begin?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)