|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A man beating his wife.
(c) A murder.
(d) A stolen book.
2. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) A criminal.
(b) Sutherland's real father.
(d) A thief.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
(a) That he left his wife.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he is in jail.
(d) That he will never be found.
4. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) Colonnel Lysander Stark.
(b) Inspector Bradstreet.
(c) Miss Helen Stoner.
(d) Victor Hatherly.
5. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(b) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
(c) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
(d) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
2. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
4. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
5. After Watson finds and leaves with Whitney, who does Watson run into?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)