|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Boss and employee.
(d) Brother and sister.
2. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her allowance from her stepfather.
(b) She is married and her husband supports her.
(c) She works as a prostitute.
(d) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do with the person he is investigating?
(a) Tells him to go back to his wife and quit begging.
(b) Tells him to continue what he is doing.
(c) Tells him to run out of town.
(d) Tells him to turn himself in to the police.
4. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(b) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
(c) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
(d) Angel walks with a limp.
5. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) A thief.
(b) A criminal.
(d) Sutherland's real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)