|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rate of pay for the engineer in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) 30 schillings.
(b) 100 guineas.
(c) 50 guineas.
(d) 25 pounds.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes is in disguise.
(b) Holmes has a mustache.
(c) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(d) Holmes is sleeping.
3. Who is Holmes' client in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb?"
(a) Inspector Bradstreet.
(b) Miss Helen Stoner.
(c) Victor Hatherly.
(d) Colonnel Lysander Stark.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what weapon is used to cut off an appendage of the engineer's?
(a) A cleaver.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A hatchet.
5. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(b) Sutherland's real father.
(c) A thief.
(d) A criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
5. In "A Case of Identity," what does Holmes need in order to solve the case?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)