|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Mr. St. Clair.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Isa Whitney.
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
(a) The engineer makes a pass at his wife.
(b) The engineer asks for a higher rate of pay.
(c) The engineer refurses to do the assigned job.
(d) The engineer wants to know what the machine is used for.
3. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
(a) Her allowance from her stepfather.
(b) She works as a prostitute.
(c) Her inheritance and a job as a typist.
(d) She is married and her husband supports her.
4. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
(a) Windbank os Sutherland's father.
(b) Sutherland is Windbank's mother.
(c) Windbank is Sutherland's stepfather.
(d) Sutherland is Windbank's maid.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The gambling room.
(b) The pub.
(c) The brothel.
(d) The opium den.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
3. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is Holmes feeling about the person he is looking for?
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," who asks the engineer to fix something?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)