|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Father and daughter.
(c) Boss and employee.
(d) Brother and sister.
2. Holmes determines that Windbanks is ______________.
(a) Sutherland's real father.
(b) A thief.
(c) A criminal.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
(a) To apply for a job.
(b) To post bail for Isa Whitney.
(c) To see Hugh Boone.
(d) To talk to the detective.
4. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
5. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They write each other letters.
(b) They don't communicate.
(c) They talk by telephone.
(d) They meet in secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where does Watson go to look for Kate Whitney's husband?
2. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
5. What does Holmes threaten Mr. Windbanks with?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)