|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what does Holmes do while thinking about the case?
(a) Smoke a pipe.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Read a book.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
3. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary people.
(b) Ordinary books.
(c) Ordinary life.
(d) Ordinary dreams.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
(a) He gets locked in the same room as the machine.
(b) He jumps onto a fast moving train.
(c) He gets drunk and tries to operate the machine.
(d) He is held hostage.
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is unusual when Watson first meets Holmes?
(a) Holmes has a mustache.
(b) Holmes is skipping along the road.
(c) Holmes is in disguise.
(d) Holmes is sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
2. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
3. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
4. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
5. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)