|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Boss and employee.
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Brother and sister.
2. On the morning of Sutherland and Angel's marriage, what happens to Angel?
(a) He is in a car accident.
(b) He falls and breaks his leg.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He calls off the wedding.
3. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Exotic murder weapon.
(b) A young woman about to be married.
(c) Grotesque details.
(d) Character from a foreign land.
4. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
(a) Get him dressed.
(b) Pay his bill.
(c) Clean him up.
(d) Post bail.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
(a) The engineer wants to know what the machine is used for.
(b) The engineer asks for a higher rate of pay.
(c) The engineer makes a pass at his wife.
(d) The engineer refurses to do the assigned job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not in "A Case of Identity?"
2. How does Miss Sutherland support herself?
3. Who is Holmes' client in "A Case of Identity?"
4. Why is Mr. WIndbank frequently away from home?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," why do Holmes and Watson travel to the police house?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)