|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
(a) The pub.
(b) The opium den.
(c) The gambling room.
(d) The brothel.
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does Holmes conclude about the machine?
(a) It is used as a printing press.
(b) It is used for torture.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It is used for counterfeiting.
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Isa Whitney.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) Kate Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
4. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Boss and employee.
5. What is unusual about Angel?
(a) Angel is very wealthy yet dresses like a slob.
(b) Angel knows Holmes from a previous case.
(c) Angel walks with a limp.
(d) Angel wears dark glasses and speaks quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the engineer arrives at the designated spot in "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what is the German woman's attitude towards him?
2. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer try to fix?
3. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
4. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what does the engineer do to anger his employer?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)