|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sutherland and Angel meet?
(a) At a library.
(b) At a ball.
(c) At Sutherland's home.
(d) At a pub.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," which feeling best describes the person Holmes is investigating once caught?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," who is the last person to see the person Holmes is investigating?
(a) Mrs. St. Clair.
(b) Kate Whitney.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
4. What is the relationship between Angel and Sutherland?
(a) Boss and employee.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
5. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what dangerous situation does the engineer get into?
(a) He gets locked in the same room as the machine.
(b) He is held hostage.
(c) He gets drunk and tries to operate the machine.
(d) He jumps onto a fast moving train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sutherland and Windbank?
2. What is the crime committed in "A Case of Identity?"
3. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," why does the main character go to see Watson?
4. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
5. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what do Watson and his wife do after dinner?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)