One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Holmes' characteristics does "A Case of Identity" contain?
(a) Character from a foreign land.
(b) A young woman about to be married.
(c) Exotic murder weapon.
(d) Grotesque details.
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," whose disappearance is Holmes investigating?
(a) Kate Whitney.
(b) Mrs. St. Clair.
(c) Isa Whitney.
(d) Mr. St. Clair.
3. How do Sutherland and Angel communicate?
(a) They talk by telephone.
(b) They write each other letters.
(c) They don't communicate.
(d) They meet in secret.
4. In "The Adventures of the Engineer's Thumb," what body part of the main character was cut off?
5. "A Case of Identity" begins with Holmes and Watson discussing the strangeness of _______________________.
(a) Ordinary people.
(b) Ordinary books.
(c) Ordinary dreams.
(d) Ordinary life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Isa Whitney is found, what must Watson do before he leaves?
2. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," what is found in the water?
3. In "The Man with the Twisted Lip," where was the person Holmes investigating last seen?
4. In "A Case of Identity," what is Windbank's motive?
5. In "A Case of Identity," Watson uses a newspaper story about what to prove his point to Holmes?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)