|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does NOT describe millionaire Robey?
(a) He has a bad marital record.
(b) He has a terrible stutter.
(c) He has crazy relatives.
(d) He is overly generous with his wealth.
2. What is the name of the ship Augie boards after his honeymoon?
(a) The MacManus.
(b) The MacAvoy.
(c) The MacDonald.
(d) The MacIntosh.
3. How does Caligula fare in his first fight with a live iguana?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is powerful.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is confused.
4. What part of Augie's body is injured when thrown off a horse while hunting with Caligula?
(a) His back.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
5. What is Leon Trotsky's nickname to the men who are trying to assassinate him?
(a) The Black Panther.
(b) The Golden Fox.
(c) The Hell's Angel.
(d) The Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Augie NOT visit with during his first few days back in Chicago?
2. What changed about Simon during the time Augie was living in Mexico City?
3. Who acts as Augie's boss while working for the CIO?
4. At which hotel does Augie stay with Thea in Mexico?
5. Who tells Augie that Stella is a pathological liar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caligula perform during his first hunting expedition?
2. Who is Paslavitch?
3. How does William feel about Augie's relationship with Mimi Villars?
4. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
5. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
6. Why do Augie and Thea break up?
7. Who collects venomous snakes, and why?
8. Who is Sophie Geratis?
9. What makes Augie squeamish about training Caligula?
10. How does Augie react when he is reunited with Stella, the model?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)