|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following topics of discussion is NOT brought up by Mintouchian at the Turkish bath?
2. How does Thea respond when she meets her husband's lawyers to discuss divorce proceedings?
(a) She is too afraid to speak.
(b) She dawdles through the conversation.
(c) She speaks quickly and viciously.
(d) She weeps openly.
3. How does Augie's friends react to the news that he is moving abroad with Thea?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are apathetic.
(c) They are saddened.
(d) They are excited for him.
4. How long is Augie given leave from the Merchant Marines to celebrate his honeymoon?
(a) Six days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
5. What organization is the CIO in direct competition with?
(a) The KDF.
(b) The PMG.
(c) The OMG.
(d) The AFL.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bizcocho belong?
2. When Sophie stops dating Augie, how many weeks does she have before her wedding to another man?
3. Where does Stella claim her father lives?
4. What islands does Augie seek shelter on after his ship is hit by the German torpedo?
5. What topic does the magazine "Wilmot's Weekly" discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
2. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
3. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
4. Why is Thea planning to move to Mexico?
5. Who is Sophie Geratis?
6. Who does the CIO represent, and what is their aim?
7. How does Augie respond to the news that Thea's divorce is final?
8. How does Augie react when he is reunited with Stella, the model?
9. What makes Augie squeamish about training Caligula?
10. Who is Talavera?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)