|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Augie and Thea travel to Texarkana?
(a) By plane.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
2. What does Thea purchase for Augie in preparation for their move abroad?
(b) A watch.
(d) A car.
3. Which of the following characters does Augie NOT visit with during his first few days back in Chicago?
4. What is the name of Augie's houseboy in Acalta?
5. What organization is the CIO in direct competition with?
(a) The KDF.
(b) The OMG.
(c) The PMG.
(d) The AFL.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Clem urge Augie to wait before proposing to Stella?
2. What type of hunting animal does Thea plan to purchase to help in her exotic hunting plans?
3. Which of the following plans is NOT one Augie makes to "align with the axial lines of the universe"?
4. What Mexican city does Thea move to when she leaves Augie?
5. What does Georgie make for a living in the mental institution where he lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caligula perform during his first hunting expedition?
2. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
3. How does Augie react when he is reunited with Stella, the model?
4. What job does Augie almost take working for Leon Trotsky?
5. Who is Paslavitch?
6. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
7. Why is Augie forced to leave Chicago after signing up with the CIO?
8. What makes Augie squeamish about training Caligula?
9. How does William feel about Augie's relationship with Mimi Villars?
10. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)