|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Wiley Moulton from?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
2. At which hotel does Augie stay with Thea in Mexico?
(a) The Carlos Quinto Hotel.
(b) The Don Juan Hotel.
(c) The Hilario Vegas Hotel.
(d) The Rico Suave Hotel.
3. How does Simon treat the staff at the poker club he attends?
(a) He treats them kindly.
(b) He treats them professionally.
(c) He treats them rudely.
(d) He ignores them.
4. What type of animal does Thea hope to hunt when she and Augie move abroad?
(b) Bull frogs.
(c) Electric eels.
5. Which of the following plans is NOT one Augie makes to "align with the axial lines of the universe"?
(a) Get a 9-5 office job.
(b) Raised depraved children.
(c) Move to a farm.
(d) Marry the right woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Thea hope to study in the Yucatan?
2. What organization is the CIO in direct competition with?
3. Which of the following characters pressures Augie to get married, stating that the only way to battle the finite is with infinite love?
4. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
5. How long are Augie's workdays while he is working for the CIO?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sophie Geratis?
2. How does Augie react when he is reunited with Stella, the model?
3. Why is Thea planning to move to Mexico?
4. Why is Oliver evicted from the hotel where he is staying in Mexico City?
5. What lessons does Augie learn from the rich lawyer, Harold Mintouchian?
6. How has Simon's appearance changed during the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
7. What makes Augie squeamish about training Caligula?
8. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
9. How does Augie react when he sees Caligula for the first time?
10. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)