|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leon Trotsky's nickname to the men who are trying to assassinate him?
(a) The Golden Fox.
(b) The Black Panther.
(c) The Hell's Angel.
(d) The Old Man.
2. How does Simon treat the staff at the poker club he attends?
(a) He treats them kindly.
(b) He treats them rudely.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He treats them professionally.
3. To whom does Bizcocho belong?
(a) Wiley Moulton.
4. Which of the following characters pressures Augie to get married, stating that the only way to battle the finite is with infinite love?
5. How many universities was Bateshaw's experimental information turned down by?
(a) Six universities.
(b) Eight universities.
(c) Ten universities.
(d) Four universities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hunting animal does Thea plan to purchase to help in her exotic hunting plans?
2. What is the name of the ship Augie boards after his honeymoon?
3. Who does Augie blame for the drop in intimacy when he and Thea move to Acalta?
4. In the final scene of the novel, what is Augie doing in the frozen fields of Normandy?
5. What does the Yugoslavian, Paslavitch, do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
2. Why is Thea planning to move to Mexico?
3. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
4. What bombshell does Frazer drop on Augie about his wife and marriage when Augie runs into him at a cafe in Paris?
5. How does Caligula perform during his first hunting expedition?
6. How does Augie respond to the news that Thea's divorce is final?
7. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
8. How does Augie react when he sees Caligula for the first time?
9. Why do Augie and Thea break up?
10. Who collects venomous snakes, and why?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)