|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal does Thea hope to study in the Yucatan?
2. What does Mr. Oliver's girlfriend, Stella, do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a poet.
(c) She is an architect.
(d) She is a model.
3. Who does the Cossack in Paris tell Augie used to dress up like a woman in church just to frighten people?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
4. What does Sophia Geratis do for a living?
(a) She is an activist.
(b) She is a scientist.
(c) She is a maid.
(d) She is a journalist.
5. Which of the following sculptors had a show at the Baptistry in Florence that Augie visited?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of strikes does Augie work to prevent while working for the CIO?
2. How does Augie's friends react to the news that he is moving abroad with Thea?
3. What is Leon Trotsky's nickname to the men who are trying to assassinate him?
4. What type of hunting animal does Thea plan to purchase to help in her exotic hunting plans?
5. When Sophie stops dating Augie, how many weeks does she have before her wedding to another man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caligula perform during his first hunting expedition?
2. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
3. How does Augie react when he is reunited with Stella, the model?
4. How does Augie respond to the news that Thea's divorce is final?
5. Why is Augie forced to leave Chicago after signing up with the CIO?
6. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
7. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
8. What makes Augie squeamish about training Caligula?
9. What lessons does Augie learn from the rich lawyer, Harold Mintouchian?
10. How does Bateshaw prevent Augie from flagging down a passing ship after their Marine boat sinks?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)