|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Casa Descuitada" translate to?
(a) Carefree House.
(b) Relaxation House.
(c) House of Love.
(d) House of Quiet.
2. How does Thea respond when she meets her husband's lawyers to discuss divorce proceedings?
(a) She speaks quickly and viciously.
(b) She dawdles through the conversation.
(c) She weeps openly.
(d) She is too afraid to speak.
3. Which of the following sculptors had a show at the Baptistry in Florence that Augie visited?
4. Which of the following women is the first woman Augie claims to have known who does not play mind games?
5. In what New York neighborhood does Augie train for the Merchant Marines?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) Sheepshead Bay.
(c) Park Slope.
(d) Greenwich Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Thea's apartment?
2. How does Talavera feel about Augie when the pair first meet?
3. To whom does Bizcocho belong?
4. After how many weeks at sea is Augie's ship shot down by a German torpedo?
5. How does Augie's friends react to the news that he is moving abroad with Thea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons does Augie learn from the rich lawyer, Harold Mintouchian?
2. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
3. How does Augie react when he is reunited with Stella, the model?
4. Who is Paslavitch?
5. How does Augie react when he sees Thea for the first time since their resort stay in Michigan?
6. How does Augie react when he sees Caligula for the first time?
7. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
8. Why is Augie forced to leave Chicago after signing up with the CIO?
9. Who does the CIO represent, and what is their aim?
10. What does Augie write in the letters he sends to Stella from aboard the MacManus?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)