|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which U.S. President instigated the "Fair Deal" administration?
2. What does "Casa Descuitada" translate to?
(a) House of Quiet.
(b) Relaxation House.
(c) Carefree House.
(d) House of Love.
3. Where is Momma living when Augie returns home from Mexico City?
(a) With Kriedle.
(b) With Grandma.
(c) With Georgie.
(d) With Simon.
4. Which of the following characters does Augie NOT visit with during his first few days back in Chicago?
5. What does Sophia Geratis do for a living?
(a) She is a journalist.
(b) She is an activist.
(c) She is a scientist.
(d) She is a maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Russian leaders took out a hit on Leon Trotsky's life?
2. What type of animal does Thea hope to study in the Yucatan?
3. How does Augie feel when Bateshaw binds him to the life boat, preventing him for contacting a passing ship?
4. Why is Augie forced to stay overnight at a construction site with Stella?
5. What is WIley Moulton's partner's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sophie Geratis?
2. Why is Thea planning to move to Mexico?
3. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
4. What makes Augie squeamish about training Caligula?
5. What job does Augie almost take working for Leon Trotsky?
6. Why is Oliver evicted from the hotel where he is staying in Mexico City?
7. Why do Augie and Thea break up?
8. How does Augie react when he sees Thea for the first time since their resort stay in Michigan?
9. How does Renee attempt to ensnare Simon in her life forever?
10. What bombshell does Frazer drop on Augie about his wife and marriage when Augie runs into him at a cafe in Paris?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)