|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
(a) She tells him she needs time to think.
(b) She denies him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She ignores him.
2. Why is Augie not eligible to enlist in the army?
(a) Because he is too short.
(b) Because his eyesight is poor.
(c) Because he has a hernia.
(d) Because he has flat feet.
3. Which of the following plans is NOT one Augie makes to "align with the axial lines of the universe"?
(a) Marry the right woman.
(b) Get a 9-5 office job.
(c) Raised depraved children.
(d) Move to a farm.
4. How long did Clem urge Augie to wait before proposing to Stella?
(a) Three months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Six months.
5. What type of animal is Bizcocho?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of strikes does Augie work to prevent while working for the CIO?
2. Who did Augie give all his money to before he and Thea broke up?
3. Which of the following subjects is NOT one Clem encourages Augie to study if he returns to University?
4. What islands does Augie seek shelter on after his ship is hit by the German torpedo?
5. What type of animal does Thea hope to hunt when she and Augie move abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caligula perform during his first hunting expedition?
2. Why is Thea planning to move to Mexico?
3. Who collects venomous snakes, and why?
4. How does Augie respond to the news that Thea's divorce is final?
5. How does Augie react when he sees Caligula for the first time?
6. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
7. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
8. How does Bateshaw prevent Augie from flagging down a passing ship after their Marine boat sinks?
9. What lessons does Augie learn from the rich lawyer, Harold Mintouchian?
10. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)