|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Casa Descuitada" translate to?
(a) House of Love.
(b) Relaxation House.
(c) Carefree House.
(d) House of Quiet.
2. Which of the following women is the first woman Augie claims to have known who does not play mind games?
3. How long are Augie's workdays while he is working for the CIO?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 16 hours.
4. What did Mintouchian's wife, Agnes, fraudulently receive insurance money for?
(a) A house fire.
(b) A damaged car.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A cosmetic surgury.
5. What Mexican city does Thea move to when she leaves Augie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters pressures Augie to get married, stating that the only way to battle the finite is with infinite love?
2. How does Stella feel about honesty?
3. What islands does Augie seek shelter on after his ship is hit by the German torpedo?
4. Why is Augie not eligible to enlist in the army?
5. How does Simon treat the staff at the poker club he attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Augie almost take working for Leon Trotsky?
2. Why do Augie and Thea break up?
3. Who is Paslavitch?
4. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
5. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
6. How does Augie react when he sees Thea for the first time since their resort stay in Michigan?
7. Who does the CIO represent, and what is their aim?
8. How does Bateshaw prevent Augie from flagging down a passing ship after their Marine boat sinks?
9. How does Caligula perform during his first hunting expedition?
10. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)