|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Augie's houseboy in Acalta?
2. How does Stella feel about honesty?
(a) She believes honesty is subjective.
(b) She believes honesty is impossible.
(c) She believes honesty is the only way to truly love.
(d) She believes honesty is the best policy.
3. Where is Momma living when Augie returns home from Mexico City?
(a) With Grandma.
(b) With Kriedle.
(c) With Georgie.
(d) With Simon.
4. Who suggests that Augie get the job working for the CIO?
5. Who gives Leon $200 to travel back to Chicago from Mexico City?
(b) Leon Trotsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sculptors had a show at the Baptistry in Florence that Augie visited?
2. How long is Augie given leave from the Merchant Marines to celebrate his honeymoon?
3. What is WIley Moulton's partner's name?
4. Which of the following activities is NOT one Thea teaches Augie to do while living together?
5. How do Augie and Thea travel to Texarkana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Gammick teach Augie about work life?
2. What happens when Augie offers to drive his disfigured maid home to her family in Normandy at the end of the novel?
3. How has Georgie's life changed in the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
4. What does Augie write in the letters he sends to Stella from aboard the MacManus?
5. How does Augie react when he sees Thea for the first time since their resort stay in Michigan?
6. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
7. Why is Augie forced to leave Chicago after signing up with the CIO?
8. Why do Augie and Thea break up?
9. Who is Paslavitch?
10. How does Augie respond to the news that Thea's divorce is final?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)