|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Augie get the job working for the CIO?
2. Which of the following characters states that "flying bullets are not unknown on Chicago's streets" during the labor movement?
(a) Simon March.
(b) Sophie Geratis.
(c) Augie March.
(d) William Einhorn.
3. Which of the following characters gives Augie the advice that, "one must take chances, for it is better to die than to live as a stranger"?
4. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She denies him.
(d) She tells him she needs time to think.
5. How long did Clem urge Augie to wait before proposing to Stella?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Twelve months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Talavera feel about Augie when the pair first meet?
2. What is WIley Moulton's partner's name?
3. What type of animal does Thea hope to study in the Yucatan?
4. Which of the following characters does Augie NOT visit with during his first few days back in Chicago?
5. At which hotel does Augie stay with Thea in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William feel about Augie's relationship with Mimi Villars?
2. How does Augie respond to the news that Thea's divorce is final?
3. What lessons does Augie learn from the rich lawyer, Harold Mintouchian?
4. How does Augie react when he is reunited with Stella, the model?
5. What work does Augie do for the eccentric millionaire, Robey?
6. Why do Augie and Thea break up?
7. How does Caligula perform during his first hunting expedition?
8. How has Simon's appearance changed during the time that Augie was living in Mexico City?
9. What connection does Augie realize he has with the Soviet exile, Leon Trotsky?
10. How does Augie react when he sees Thea for the first time since their resort stay in Michigan?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)