|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mintouchian's wife, Agnes, fraudulently receive insurance money for?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A house fire.
(c) A cosmetic surgury.
(d) A damaged car.
2. How does Caligula fare in his first fight with a live iguana?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is powerful.
(d) He is confused.
3. What part of Augie's body is injured when thrown off a horse while hunting with Caligula?
(a) His leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His arm.
(d) His back.
4. How many sailors survive the sinking of the ship at sea?
(a) 20 sailors.
(b) 2 sailors.
(c) 2,000 sailors.
(d) 200 sailors.
5. Which of the following plans is NOT one Augie makes to "align with the axial lines of the universe"?
(a) Marry the right woman.
(b) Move to a farm.
(c) Raised depraved children.
(d) Get a 9-5 office job.
6. What does the Yugoslavian, Paslavitch, do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a painter.
7. Who suggests that Augie get the job working for the CIO?
8. What does Sophia Geratis do for a living?
(a) She is a journalist.
(b) She is a maid.
(c) She is a scientist.
(d) She is an activist.
9. How does Augie's friends react to the news that he is moving abroad with Thea?
(a) They are excited for him.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are saddened.
(d) They are apathetic.
10. How does Simon treat the staff at the poker club he attends?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He treats them professionally.
(c) He treats them rudely.
(d) He treats them kindly.
11. In the final scene of the novel, what is Augie doing in the frozen fields of Normandy?
12. What does Thea purchase for Augie in preparation for their move abroad?
(c) A car.
(d) A watch.
13. Where does Thea claim she is moving so she can divorce her husband?
14. How does Augie feel when Bateshaw binds him to the life boat, preventing him for contacting a passing ship?
15. Why is Augie forced to stay overnight at a construction site with Stella?
(a) Because Thea kicks him out and he has no where else to go.
(b) Because it is where Stella lives.
(c) Because he and Stella get lost.
(d) Because his car gets a flat tire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stella claim her father lives?
2. Why is Augie not eligible to enlist in the army?
3. To whom does Bizcocho belong?
4. What does Hilario do for a living?
5. Where is Momma living when Augie returns home from Mexico City?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)