|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Thea's apartment?
2. Which of the following characters gives Augie the advice that, "one must take chances, for it is better to die than to live as a stranger"?
3. Which of the following subjects is NOT one Clem encourages Augie to study if he returns to University?
4. Which of the following statements does NOT describe millionaire Robey?
(a) He is overly generous with his wealth.
(b) He has crazy relatives.
(c) He has a bad marital record.
(d) He has a terrible stutter.
5. How long are Augie's workdays while he is working for the CIO?
(a) 16 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
6. Who suggests that Augie get the job working for the CIO?
7. Which of the following women does Arthur Einhorn begin dating, much to his lecherous father's liking?
(a) Mimi Villa.
(b) Lucy Magnus.
(c) Sophie Geratis.
(d) Momma March.
8. What part of Augie's body is injured when thrown off a horse while hunting with Caligula?
(a) His head.
(b) His back.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
9. Who acts as Augie's boss while working for the CIO?
(a) Mr. Potter.
(b) Mr. Diggler.
(c) Mr Dayserton.
(d) Mr. Grammick.
10. Which of the following characters states that "flying bullets are not unknown on Chicago's streets" during the labor movement?
(a) Sophie Geratis.
(b) Augie March.
(c) Simon March.
(d) William Einhorn.
11. What does Sophia Geratis do for a living?
(a) She is a scientist.
(b) She is a maid.
(c) She is an activist.
(d) She is a journalist.
12. To whom does Bizcocho belong?
(a) Wiley Moulton.
13. What Mexican city does Thea move to when she leaves Augie?
14. What changed about Simon during the time Augie was living in Mexico City?
(a) He has twin sons.
(b) He is now divorced.
(c) His weight increased.
(d) He lost his fortune.
15. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
(a) She tells him she needs time to think.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She denies him.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Augie forced to stay overnight at a construction site with Stella?
2. How does Thea respond when she meets her husband's lawyers to discuss divorce proceedings?
3. When Sophie stops dating Augie, how many weeks does she have before her wedding to another man?
4. Who gives Leon $200 to travel back to Chicago from Mexico City?
5. Who tells Augie that Stella is a pathological liar?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)