|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what New York neighborhood does Augie train for the Merchant Marines?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Sheepshead Bay.
(d) Park Slope.
2. What type of animal does Thea hope to hunt when she and Augie move abroad?
(a) Bull frogs.
(b) Electric eels.
3. Where does Stella claim her father lives?
(a) In Alcuploco.
(b) In Trinidad.
(c) In Jamaica.
(d) In Hawaii.
4. What type of animal is Bizcocho?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A horse.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A dog.
5. Which of the following activities is NOT one Thea teaches Augie to do while living together?
(a) Ride a horse.
(c) Shoot a gun.
6. What does the Yugoslavian, Paslavitch, do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a painter.
7. What is WIley Moulton's partner's name?
8. How does Thea respond when she meets her husband's lawyers to discuss divorce proceedings?
(a) She dawdles through the conversation.
(b) She weeps openly.
(c) She is too afraid to speak.
(d) She speaks quickly and viciously.
9. At which hotel does Augie stay with Thea in Mexico?
(a) The Rico Suave Hotel.
(b) The Hilario Vegas Hotel.
(c) The Don Juan Hotel.
(d) The Carlos Quinto Hotel.
10. Who suggests that Augie get the job working for the CIO?
11. What does Mr. Oliver's girlfriend, Stella, do for a living?
(a) She is a poet.
(b) She is a model.
(c) She is a seamstress.
(d) She is an architect.
12. After how many weeks at sea is Augie's ship shot down by a German torpedo?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
13. What nickname does Moulton give Augie?
14. What changed about Simon during the time Augie was living in Mexico City?
(a) His weight increased.
(b) He has twin sons.
(c) He lost his fortune.
(d) He is now divorced.
15. What type of hunting animal does Thea plan to purchase to help in her exotic hunting plans?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A badger.
(c) A dog.
(d) A panther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Thea's older husband?
2. What Mexican city does Thea move to when she leaves Augie?
3. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
4. Who does the Cossack in Paris tell Augie used to dress up like a woman in church just to frighten people?
5. Which of the following characters does Augie NOT visit with during his first few days back in Chicago?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)