|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hunting animal does Thea plan to purchase to help in her exotic hunting plans?
(a) A badger.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A panther.
(d) A dog.
2. Where does Thea claim she is moving so she can divorce her husband?
3. When Sophie stops dating Augie, how many weeks does she have before her wedding to another man?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What does Mr. Oliver's girlfriend, Stella, do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a poet.
(c) She is an architect.
(d) She is a model.
5. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
(a) She tells him she needs time to think.
(b) She denies him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She ignores him.
6. Which of the following plans is NOT one Augie makes to "align with the axial lines of the universe"?
(a) Move to a farm.
(b) Marry the right woman.
(c) Raised depraved children.
(d) Get a 9-5 office job.
7. Which of the following female characters states that Augie is "too needy for indiscriminate love and too eager to please people who cannot be pleased."
8. How long did Clem urge Augie to wait before proposing to Stella?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Nine months.
9. What does "Casa Descuitada" translate to?
(a) Carefree House.
(b) Relaxation House.
(c) House of Love.
(d) House of Quiet.
10. Where do Augie and Stella move after he returns home from the Merchant Marines?
11. Who gives Leon $200 to travel back to Chicago from Mexico City?
(d) Leon Trotsky.
12. How does Augie feel about feeding live lizards to Caligula?
(a) He feels squeamish.
(b) He feels excited.
(c) He feels annoyed.
(d) He feels saddened.
13. Why is Augie not eligible to enlist in the army?
(a) Because he has a hernia.
(b) Because he is too short.
(c) Because he has flat feet.
(d) Because his eyesight is poor.
14. What is the name of the ship Augie boards after his honeymoon?
(a) The MacManus.
(b) The MacAvoy.
(c) The MacIntosh.
(d) The MacDonald.
15. How do Augie and Thea travel to Texarkana?
(a) By car.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augie name the bird he and Thea purchase together?
2. Which of the following groups of workers does NOT regularly turn to the CIO for support during the labor movement?
3. Which of the following characters does Augie NOT visit with during his first few days back in Chicago?
4. What does Thea throw at Caligula after watching his first fight with a live iguana?
5. Where is Momma living when Augie returns home from Mexico City?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)