|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how many weeks at sea is Augie's ship shot down by a German torpedo?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Who did Augie give all his money to before he and Thea broke up?
3. Which U.S. President instigated the "Fair Deal" administration?
4. What does Thea purchase for Augie in preparation for their move abroad?
(a) A car.
(b) A watch.
5. How does Stella feel about honesty?
(a) She believes honesty is impossible.
(b) She believes honesty is subjective.
(c) She believes honesty is the best policy.
(d) She believes honesty is the only way to truly love.
6. What nickname does Moulton give Augie?
7. What color is Thea's apartment?
8. What organization is the CIO in direct competition with?
(a) The KDF.
(b) The AFL.
(c) The PMG.
(d) The OMG.
9. Why is Augie forced to stay overnight at a construction site with Stella?
(a) Because his car gets a flat tire.
(b) Because Thea kicks him out and he has no where else to go.
(c) Because he and Stella get lost.
(d) Because it is where Stella lives.
10. Who does Augie blame for the drop in intimacy when he and Thea move to Acalta?
(a) The journalist.
(b) The houseboy.
(c) The bartender.
(d) The eagle.
11. What does Georgie make for a living in the mental institution where he lives?
(a) Metal nails.
(b) License plates.
12. Which of the following activities is NOT one Thea teaches Augie to do while living together?
(a) Ride a horse.
(b) Shoot a gun.
13. What type of animal is Bizcocho?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A horse.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A dog.
14. What topic does the magazine "Wilmot's Weekly" discuss?
(c) Celebrity gossip.
15. Which of the following characters states that "flying bullets are not unknown on Chicago's streets" during the labor movement?
(a) Augie March.
(b) Sophie Geratis.
(c) William Einhorn.
(d) Simon March.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women does Arthur Einhorn begin dating, much to his lecherous father's liking?
2. Which of the following statements does NOT describe millionaire Robey?
3. Who gives Leon $200 to travel back to Chicago from Mexico City?
4. In what New York neighborhood does Augie train for the Merchant Marines?
5. How does Simon treat the staff at the poker club he attends?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)