|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Augie get the job working for the CIO?
2. Which of the following women is the first woman Augie claims to have known who does not play mind games?
3. Who does the Cossack in Paris tell Augie used to dress up like a woman in church just to frighten people?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
4. What type of strikes does Augie work to prevent while working for the CIO?
(a) Wildcat strikes
(b) Tiger strikes.
(c) Cheetah strikes.
(d) Lion strikes.
5. Which of the following groups of workers does NOT regularly turn to the CIO for support during the labor movement?
6. Which of the following statements does NOT describe millionaire Robey?
(a) He has a terrible stutter.
(b) He has a bad marital record.
(c) He is overly generous with his wealth.
(d) He has crazy relatives.
7. What does Augie name the bird he and Thea purchase together?
8. Where does Thea claim she is moving so she can divorce her husband?
9. What organization is the CIO in direct competition with?
(a) The PMG.
(b) The KDF.
(c) The OMG.
(d) The AFL.
10. What islands does Augie seek shelter on after his ship is hit by the German torpedo?
(a) The Hawaiian Islands.
(b) The Cies Islands.
(c) The Canary Islands.
(d) The Wake Islands.
11. How does Augie feel about feeding live lizards to Caligula?
(a) He feels squeamish.
(b) He feels excited.
(c) He feels saddened.
(d) He feels annoyed.
12. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
(a) She denies him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She tells him she needs time to think.
(d) She accepts.
13. Who gives Leon $200 to travel back to Chicago from Mexico City?
(a) Leon Trotsky.
14. Which of the following activities is NOT one of Thea's hobbies?
(b) Snake collecting.
(c) Playing tennis.
15. What does Mr. Oliver's girlfriend, Stella, do for a living?
(a) She is a poet.
(b) She is a model.
(c) She is a seamstress.
(d) She is an architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Clem urge Augie to wait before proposing to Stella?
2. What is the name of Augie's houseboy in Acalta?
3. How does Caligula fare in his first fight with a live iguana?
4. Which of the following characters states that "flying bullets are not unknown on Chicago's streets" during the labor movement?
5. How does Talavera feel about Augie when the pair first meet?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)