|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Augie and Thea travel to Texarkana?
(a) By boat.
(b) By car.
(c) By plane.
(d) By train.
2. What does Thea throw at Caligula after watching his first fight with a live iguana?
3. What type of animal does Thea hope to study in the Yucatan?
4. What topic does the magazine "Wilmot's Weekly" discuss?
(d) Celebrity gossip.
5. How does Augie's friends react to the news that he is moving abroad with Thea?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They are excited for him.
(d) They are confused.
6. After how many weeks at sea is Augie's ship shot down by a German torpedo?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
7. What nickname does Moulton give Augie?
8. When Sophie stops dating Augie, how many weeks does she have before her wedding to another man?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
9. Which of the following characters states that "flying bullets are not unknown on Chicago's streets" during the labor movement?
(a) Augie March.
(b) Simon March.
(c) Sophie Geratis.
(d) William Einhorn.
10. What is the name of Thea's older husband?
11. What does "Casa Descuitada" translate to?
(a) House of Love.
(b) Carefree House.
(c) House of Quiet.
(d) Relaxation House.
12. How does Thea respond when she meets her husband's lawyers to discuss divorce proceedings?
(a) She dawdles through the conversation.
(b) She is too afraid to speak.
(c) She weeps openly.
(d) She speaks quickly and viciously.
13. How much does Robey offer Augie per week to work as his assistant?
14. How does Simon treat the staff at the poker club he attends?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He treats them kindly.
(c) He treats them rudely.
(d) He treats them professionally.
15. What city is Wiley Moulton from?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Augie blame for the drop in intimacy when he and Thea move to Acalta?
2. What type of animal is Bizcocho?
3. What does Augie give to Paslavitch in exchange for free room and board?
4. In the final scene of the novel, what is Augie doing in the frozen fields of Normandy?
5. Who gives Leon $200 to travel back to Chicago from Mexico City?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)