|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stella feel about honesty?
(a) She believes honesty is impossible.
(b) She believes honesty is the best policy.
(c) She believes honesty is the only way to truly love.
(d) She believes honesty is subjective.
2. How much does Robey offer Augie per week to work as his assistant?
3. Which of the following terrains is common in the city of Acalta, Central Mexico?
(d) Rain forests.
4. How long did Clem urge Augie to wait before proposing to Stella?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Twelve months.
5. What does the Yugoslavian, Paslavitch, do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a painter.
6. How does Thea respond to Augie's marriage proposal?
(a) She tells him she needs time to think.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She denies him.
(d) She ignores him.
7. How long are Augie's workdays while he is working for the CIO?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 16 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
8. How does Augie feel about feeding live lizards to Caligula?
(a) He feels annoyed.
(b) He feels saddened.
(c) He feels squeamish.
(d) He feels excited.
9. Which of the following plans is NOT one Augie makes to "align with the axial lines of the universe"?
(a) Raised depraved children.
(b) Get a 9-5 office job.
(c) Marry the right woman.
(d) Move to a farm.
10. Which of the following characters states that "flying bullets are not unknown on Chicago's streets" during the labor movement?
(a) Sophie Geratis.
(b) Augie March.
(c) William Einhorn.
(d) Simon March.
11. What type of strikes does Augie work to prevent while working for the CIO?
(a) Lion strikes.
(b) Wildcat strikes
(c) Tiger strikes.
(d) Cheetah strikes.
12. Who suggests that Augie get the job working for the CIO?
13. What is the name of the ship Augie boards after his honeymoon?
(a) The MacAvoy.
(b) The MacIntosh.
(c) The MacManus.
(d) The MacDonald.
14. What did Mintouchian's wife, Agnes, fraudulently receive insurance money for?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A cosmetic surgury.
(c) A house fire.
(d) A damaged car.
15. What does Georgie make for a living in the mental institution where he lives?
(a) Metal nails.
(b) License plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophia Geratis do for a living?
2. What nickname does Moulton give Augie?
3. How do Augie and Thea travel to Texarkana?
4. What changed about Simon during the time Augie was living in Mexico City?
5. What is WIley Moulton's partner's name?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)