|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Augie when he gets his first job?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
2. What crime did the daughter of the Dutch-Zeeland family commit before getting off scot free?
3. Where is Augie's father at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is in prison.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is in a mental institution.
(d) He is missing.
4. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
(a) She was hanged.
(b) She was electrocuted.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She was poisoned.
5. What is the term "skyscraper leaps" another name for?
6. What does Augie claim gangster funerals smell like?
7. What penalty does Augie receive when the department store presses charges against him?
(a) He spends one night in jail.
(b) He is ordered to reimburse the money plus interest.
(c) No charges are pressed.
(d) He is given 20 hours of community service.
8. What type of store does Mr. Renling own?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A sporting goods store.
(c) An electronics store.
(d) A music store.
9. What is the name of William's wife?
10. To which city did Simon wire money that he borrowed from William?
(c) San Francisco.
11. Who illegally plays matchmaker for Five Properties when he decides it is time to get married?
(b) Anna Coblin.
12. What is the name of the florist where Augie gets a job working for gangsters?
13. What type of business does William run?
(a) A medical research business.
(b) A pool cleaning business.
(c) A music recording business.
(d) A real estate business.
14. To which Biblical character does Augie often compare himself when discussing his relationship with the Renlings?
15. Which of the following books is Grandma's favorite?
(a) "The Old Man and the Sea."
(b) "The Lord of the Rings."
(c) "War and Peace."
(d) "Anna Karenina."
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is Augie hired to play in the department store Christmas scene?
2. What is the name of the beautiful heiress that Augie instantly falls in love with at the resort?
3. What is the name of Augie's first love?
4. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
5. Which of the following religions does the March family adhere to?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)