|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which city did Simon wire money that he borrowed from William?
(c) San Francisco.
2. What is the name of Augie's childhood best friend?
3. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
(a) A newspaper route.
(b) A pool cleaning service.
(c) A car mechanic shop.
(d) An aluminum can recycling drive.
4. Which of the following characters aligns himself with communism after the stock market crash?
5. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She was hanged.
(c) She was electrocuted.
(d) She was shot.
6. Why didn't Mr. Renling want to hire Augie when he first applied for the job?
(a) Because he is too young.
(b) Because he is Jewish.
(c) Because he has a criminal record.
(d) Because he had no experience.
7. How much money does Gorman promise to pay Augie for helping him smuggle Canadians over the border?
8. What city does the March family live in?
(b) New York.
9. From where does Augie steal a collection of Harvard Classics books?
(a) From the school library.
(b) From William's library.
(c) From the church library.
(d) From the public library.
10. Which of the following books is Grandma's favorite?
(a) "The Old Man and the Sea."
(b) "Anna Karenina."
(c) "War and Peace."
(d) "The Lord of the Rings."
11. Which of the following characters does MImi VIllars NOT have a romantic relationship with?
(a) Kayo Obermark.
(b) Augie March.
(c) Clem Tambow.
(d) Hooker Frazer.
12. To which state does Mrs. Renling take Augie so he can vacation in a resort?
13. Which of the following roles is NOT one Augie plays for millionaire tycoon, William Einhorn?
14. What does Augie steal from the department store at Christmas time, leading to his prompt firing from the position?
(a) Masking tape.
(b) Shaving cream.
15. How does Augie react when the beautiful heiress turns down his dinner date proposal?
(a) He slaps her in the face.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He runs away, crying.
(d) He passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which room of his house does William burn down to please his wife's redecorating ideals?
2. Who illegally plays matchmaker for Five Properties when he decides it is time to get married?
3. How old is Augie March at the opening of the novel?
4. How does Grandma feel about Augie working for William Einhorn?
5. What type of neighborhood does the March family live in?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)