|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
(a) A pool cleaning service.
(b) A newspaper route.
(c) An aluminum can recycling drive.
(d) A car mechanic shop.
2. From of the following disabilities does William Einhorn suffer from?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is mute.
3. How do the Magnuses receive Augie?
(a) They ignore him completely.
(b) They love him.
(c) They are weary of him.
(d) They are disgusted by him.
4. What does Augie claim gangster funerals smell like?
5. What type of business does William run?
(a) A real estate business.
(b) A medical research business.
(c) A music recording business.
(d) A pool cleaning business.
6. Which of the following ailments begins to plague Momma in her old age?
(a) She is going blind.
(b) She is going deaf.
(c) She is going weak.
(d) All of the above.
7. What nationality is Grandma?
(a) She is Polish.
(b) She is Irish.
(c) She is Russian.
(d) She is Italian.
8. What is the name of Augie's mentally challenged brother?
9. How does WIlliam's wife feel about his frequent trips to the whorehouse?
(a) She is pleased by them.
(b) She does not know about them.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She is outraged by them.
10. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
11. What role is Augie hired to play in the department store Christmas scene?
(a) Santa Claus.
(b) A snowflake.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) An elf.
12. Where is Augie's father at the opening of the novel?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is in a mental institution.
(d) He is in prison.
13. What event does William celebrate with Augie by taking him to a whorehouse?
(a) His engagement.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His graduation.
(d) His first published newspaper article.
14. What type of neighborhood does the March family live in?
(a) A Polish neighborhood.
(b) An Italian neighborhood.
(c) A Jewish neighborhood.
(d) An Irish neighborhood.
15. What does Joe Gormon do for a living?
(a) He is a race car driver.
(b) He is an economist.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Mimi Villar's baby?
2. What is the name of Augie's childhood best friend?
3. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
4. Who does Joe Gormon partner up with to rob William's pool hall?
5. What is "Grandma's" real name?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)