|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What penalty does Augie receive when the department store presses charges against him?
(a) He is given 20 hours of community service.
(b) He spends one night in jail.
(c) No charges are pressed.
(d) He is ordered to reimburse the money plus interest.
2. Why does Simon owe money to the mob?
(a) For a burglary he committed.
(b) He does not owe money to the mob.
(c) For business expenses.
(d) For gambling debts.
3. Which of the following ailments begins to plague Momma in her old age?
(a) She is going weak.
(b) She is going deaf.
(c) All of the above.
(d) She is going blind.
4. From of the following disabilities does William Einhorn suffer from?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is mute.
5. What school subject does Manny Pedilla excel in?
6. What was the name of Simon's fiancé?
7. What is "Grandma's" real name?
(a) Mrs. Dausch.
(b) Mrs. Fausch.
(c) Mrs. Wausch.
(d) Mrs. Lausch.
8. Who demands that Georgie be institutionalized when he reaches puberty?
9. What type of animal does Augie associate with the Biblical prophet, Elijah?
(a) A fish.
(b) A bird.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A bear.
10. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
11. How does WIlliam's wife feel about his frequent trips to the whorehouse?
(a) She ignores them.
(b) She is pleased by them.
(c) She does not know about them.
(d) She is outraged by them.
12. What does Manny Pedilla train Augie to steal with him?
(c) Credit cards.
13. What event does William celebrate with Augie by taking him to a whorehouse?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His first published newspaper article.
(c) His engagement.
(d) His graduation.
14. Which room of his house does William burn down to please his wife's redecorating ideals?
(a) The music room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The library.
15. Which of Augie's character traits does Simon play up when Augie meets the Magnuses for the first time?
(a) His spirituality.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His bravery.
(d) His intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Augie when he gets his first job?
2. Why does the matchmaker, Kriendle, believe that Simon should not marry?
3. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
4. Who sold Augie's family home without telling him?
5. Why doesn't Augie want to marry Friedle Coblin?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)