|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Gormon do for a living?
(a) He is a thief.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is an economist.
(d) He is a race car driver.
2. What rubberized decoration does Augie attempt to sell for bathroom redecoration after leaving the Renlings?
(c) Bath ducks.
3. How much will the March family's co-pay be to put Momma in a home for the blind?
(a) $10 per month.
(b) $5 per month.
(c) $15 per month.
(d) $20 per month.
4. How does the disabled Augie get to the second-floor whorehouse?
(a) He climbs up the stairs on his belly.
(b) He rides on Augie's back.
(c) He takes an elevator.
(d) He is harnessed to a rope and pulled up through the window.
5. What type of business does William run?
(a) A music recording business.
(b) A medical research business.
(c) A pool cleaning business.
(d) A real estate business.
6. What type of store does Mr. Renling own?
(a) An electronics store.
(b) A sporting goods store.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A music store.
7. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
(a) George III.
8. Which of the following characters believes that "everyone sees to it his fate is shared"?
(a) Mimi Villars.
(b) Clem Tambow.
(c) Charlotte Magnus.
(d) Kayo Obermark.
9. Who marries Simon's fiancé when he is forbidden to marry her?
(a) Hyman Coblin.
(b) Five Properties.
(d) William Einhorn.
10. What is Augie asked to distribute for his first real job?
(a) Ration cards.
(c) Theater playbills.
(d) Restaurant menus.
11. What room of the Owens' house does Augie live in with Kayo and Mimi?
(a) The work shed.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The attic.
(d) The garage.
12. How is Anna Coblin related to Five Properties?
(a) They are married.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are not related.
13. Which of the following cities is Augie NOT disgusted with while traveling with Dingbat?
14. How does Augie perform in school in comparison to his brother Simon?
(a) Simon does not attend school.
(b) He performs better than Simon.
(c) He performs equally to Simon.
(d) He performs worse than Simon.
15. What does Augie pawn to help pay for his mother's medical expenses?
(a) He stereo.
(b) His car.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Gorman promise to pay Augie for helping him smuggle Canadians over the border?
2. Who pays for Augie to get new clothes before he meets the wealthy Magnus family?
3. How does William treat his tenants that cannot pay their rent on time?
4. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
5. What city does the March family live in?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)