|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal does Guillaume work with in his business?
2. From of the following disabilities does William Einhorn suffer from?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
3. What is the name of the florist where Augie gets a job working for gangsters?
4. What is the name of Augie's first love?
5. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
6. From where does Augie steal a collection of Harvard Classics books?
(a) From William's library.
(b) From the church library.
(c) From the school library.
(d) From the public library.
7. To which Biblical character does Augie often compare himself when discussing his relationship with the Renlings?
8. Which historical king takes the Greek philosopher Salon into refuge?
9. How does Augie perform in school in comparison to his brother Simon?
(a) Simon does not attend school.
(b) He performs worse than Simon.
(c) He performs equally to Simon.
(d) He performs better than Simon.
10. What is the name of Augie's mentally challenged brother?
11. Who does Augie find living in his house when he returns home from the Renlings?
(a) A Polish family.
(b) A Swiss family.
(c) A Jewish family.
(d) A Russian family.
12. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
(c) George III.
13. What is the name of the March family's caseworker at the local Charity?
14. Why doesn't Augie want to marry Friedle Coblin?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Because she stutters.
(c) Because she is unattractive.
(d) Because she is his cousin.
15. What crime did the daughter of the Dutch-Zeeland family commit before getting off scot free?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who illegally plays matchmaker for Five Properties when he decides it is time to get married?
2. What penalty does Augie receive when the department store presses charges against him?
3. How does WInnie die?
4. How does Augie react when the beautiful heiress turns down his dinner date proposal?
5. Why didn't Mr. Renling want to hire Augie when he first applied for the job?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)