|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog is Winnie?
2. What does Augie pawn to help pay for his mother's medical expenses?
(a) His clothes.
(b) He stereo.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His car.
3. How much will the March family's co-pay be to put Momma in a home for the blind?
(a) $15 per month.
(b) $10 per month.
(c) $5 per month.
(d) $20 per month.
4. Which of the following facts about Charlotte Magnus is NOT true?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is rich.
(c) She is older than her boyfriend.
(d) She is overweight.
5. Which of the following characters does MImi VIllars NOT have a romantic relationship with?
(a) Clem Tambow.
(b) Kayo Obermark.
(c) Augie March.
(d) Hooker Frazer.
6. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
7. What type of neighborhood does the March family live in?
(a) A Jewish neighborhood.
(b) An Italian neighborhood.
(c) A Polish neighborhood.
(d) An Irish neighborhood.
8. Which of the following roles is NOT one Augie plays for millionaire tycoon, William Einhorn?
9. How old is Augie March at the opening of the novel?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
10. Who does Augie find living in his house when he returns home from the Renlings?
(a) A Swiss family.
(b) A Jewish family.
(c) A Russian family.
(d) A Polish family.
11. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was electrocuted.
(d) She was hanged.
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes Grandma?
13. What rubberized decoration does Augie attempt to sell for bathroom redecoration after leaving the Renlings?
(a) Bath ducks.
14. How much rent does Augie pay to the Owens every month for the room he shares with two other students?
(a) $20 per month.
(b) He does not pay rent.
(c) $10 per month.
(d) $30 per month.
15. How old is Augie when he gets his first job?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Augie's mentally challenged brother?
2. Who made love to Momma's maid, leading to her prompt firing?
3. What penalty does Augie receive when the department store presses charges against him?
4. Which of the following ailments begins to plague Momma in her old age?
5. Which of Augie's character traits does Simon play up when Augie meets the Magnuses for the first time?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)