|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which historical king takes the Greek philosopher Salon into refuge?
2. How does Augie help Mimi raise money for her abortion?
(a) He sells his car.
(b) He steals from the Magnuses.
(c) He shoplifts.
(d) He picks up more hours at work.
3. Which of the following books is Grandma's favorite?
(a) "War and Peace."
(b) "Anna Karenina."
(c) "The Old Man and the Sea."
(d) "The Lord of the Rings."
4. From where does Augie steal a collection of Harvard Classics books?
(a) From William's library.
(b) From the public library.
(c) From the church library.
(d) From the school library.
5. Who does Augie find living in his house when he returns home from the Renlings?
(a) A Polish family.
(b) A Swiss family.
(c) A Jewish family.
(d) A Russian family.
6. How old is Augie March at the opening of the novel?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
7. How does Augie react when the beautiful heiress turns down his dinner date proposal?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He slaps her in the face.
(c) He runs away, crying.
(d) He passes out.
8. How does the disabled Augie get to the second-floor whorehouse?
(a) He takes an elevator.
(b) He rides on Augie's back.
(c) He is harnessed to a rope and pulled up through the window.
(d) He climbs up the stairs on his belly.
9. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
(d) George III.
10. What city does the March family live in?
(b) New York.
11. Why does Simon owe money to the mob?
(a) For a burglary he committed.
(b) He does not owe money to the mob.
(c) For gambling debts.
(d) For business expenses.
12. Which of the following characters does MImi VIllars NOT have a romantic relationship with?
(a) Augie March.
(b) Kayo Obermark.
(c) Hooker Frazer.
(d) Clem Tambow.
13. How does William treat his tenants that cannot pay their rent on time?
(a) He extends their grace period.
(b) He erases their debt.
(c) He has them beat up.
(d) He evicts them.
14. How does Georgie feel about being institutionalized?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is apathetic.
15. What was the name of Simon's fiancé?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rubberized decoration does Augie attempt to sell for bathroom redecoration after leaving the Renlings?
2. What type of dog is Winnie?
3. Where is Augie's father at the opening of the novel?
4. What University does William's only son, Arthur, attend?
5. In what year of high school does Augie get his job working for William Einhorn?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)