|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rubberized decoration does Augie attempt to sell for bathroom redecoration after leaving the Renlings?
(a) Bath ducks.
2. What does Dingbat do for a living?
(a) He is a florist.
(b) He is a boxer.
(c) He is a dog trainer.
(d) He is a mechanic.
3. How much money does Gorman promise to pay Augie for helping him smuggle Canadians over the border?
4. How does the disabled Augie get to the second-floor whorehouse?
(a) He takes an elevator.
(b) He climbs up the stairs on his belly.
(c) He rides on Augie's back.
(d) He is harnessed to a rope and pulled up through the window.
5. Which of the following characters believes that "everyone sees to it his fate is shared"?
(a) Kayo Obermark.
(b) Charlotte Magnus.
(c) Mimi Villars.
(d) Clem Tambow.
6. Why does the matchmaker, Kriendle, believe that Simon should not marry?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Because he is too young.
(c) Because he is too irresponsible.
(d) Because he is too dumb.
7. Where was the Rosetta Stone discovered in the 18th Century?
8. Which of the following roles is NOT one Augie plays for millionaire tycoon, William Einhorn?
9. Who sold Augie's family home without telling him?
10. Who does Joe Gormon partner up with to rob William's pool hall?
11. What is the name of the department store that Augie gets a job working at for the Christmas season?
12. In what year did the stock market crash?
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes the Coblins', household?
(d) All of the above.
14. How does WInnie die?
(a) She has leukemia.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) She is poisoned from chocolate.
(d) Old age.
15. Who illegally plays matchmaker for Five Properties when he decides it is time to get married?
(a) Anna Coblin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room of the Owens' house does Augie live in with Kayo and Mimi?
2. In what year of high school does Augie get his job working for William Einhorn?
3. Which of the following references is NOT made by Augie in the opening section of the novel?
4. How old is Augie March at the opening of the novel?
5. How was Ruth Snyder executed?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)