|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts about Charlotte Magnus is NOT true?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is older than her boyfriend.
(c) She is rich.
(d) She is overweight.
2. Which room of his house does William burn down to please his wife's redecorating ideals?
(a) The music room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The library.
3. Which of the following characters aligns himself with communism after the stock market crash?
4. How does Augie perform in school in comparison to his brother Simon?
(a) He performs equally to Simon.
(b) He performs worse than Simon.
(c) Simon does not attend school.
(d) He performs better than Simon.
5. What type of animal does Augie associate with the Biblical prophet, Elijah?
(a) A bird.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fish.
6. How does WInnie die?
(a) She has leukemia.
(b) Old age.
(c) She is poisoned from chocolate.
(d) She is hit by a car.
7. Who is the father of Mimi Villar's baby?
(a) She does not know.
(b) Kayo Obermark.
(c) Augie March.
(d) Clem Tambow.
8. What is the name of Augie's first love?
9. What nationality is Guillaume?
10. What event does William celebrate with Augie by taking him to a whorehouse?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His first published newspaper article.
(c) His engagement.
(d) His graduation.
11. How many rooms is William's estate drained to after the stock market crash?
12. How does the disabled Augie get to the second-floor whorehouse?
(a) He is harnessed to a rope and pulled up through the window.
(b) He takes an elevator.
(c) He climbs up the stairs on his belly.
(d) He rides on Augie's back.
13. How does Grandma feel about Augie working for William Einhorn?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is displeased.
(d) She is apathetic.
14. What does Augie claim gangster funerals smell like?
15. In what year did the stock market crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Augie's mentally challenged brother?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the Coblins', household?
3. What does Augie pawn to help pay for his mother's medical expenses?
4. Why does Simon owe money to the mob?
5. Why didn't Mr. Renling want to hire Augie when he first applied for the job?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)