|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Augie help his cousins, the Coblins, complete?
(a) A pool cleaning service.
(b) A newspaper route.
(c) An aluminum can recycling drive.
(d) A car mechanic shop.
2. What type of neighborhood does the March family live in?
(a) An Italian neighborhood.
(b) An Irish neighborhood.
(c) A Jewish neighborhood.
(d) A Polish neighborhood.
3. Which historical king takes the Greek philosopher Salon into refuge?
4. What is "Grandma's" real name?
(a) Mrs. Dausch.
(b) Mrs. Fausch.
(c) Mrs. Wausch.
(d) Mrs. Lausch.
5. What is the name of the florist where Augie gets a job working for gangsters?
6. What role is Augie hired to play in the department store Christmas scene?
(a) A snowflake.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) An elf.
7. What type of dog is Winnie?
8. How does WIlliam's wife feel about his frequent trips to the whorehouse?
(a) She is outraged by them.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) She does not know about them.
(d) She is pleased by them.
9. What penalty does Augie receive when the department store presses charges against him?
(a) He is ordered to reimburse the money plus interest.
(b) He is given 20 hours of community service.
(c) No charges are pressed.
(d) He spends one night in jail.
10. How does WInnie die?
(a) She has leukemia.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) She is poisoned from chocolate.
(d) Old age.
11. Who marries Simon's fiancé when he is forbidden to marry her?
(a) Hyman Coblin.
(c) Five Properties.
(d) William Einhorn.
12. Which of the following roles is NOT one Augie plays for millionaire tycoon, William Einhorn?
13. How does Augie help Mimi raise money for her abortion?
(a) He shoplifts.
(b) He sells his car.
(c) He steals from the Magnuses.
(d) He picks up more hours at work.
14. How is Anna Coblin related to Five Properties?
(a) They are married.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are not related.
15. From where does Augie steal a collection of Harvard Classics books?
(a) From the school library.
(b) From William's library.
(c) From the church library.
(d) From the public library.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Augie expected to get married?
2. What is the name of Augie's first love?
3. What University does William's only son, Arthur, attend?
4. How much will the March family's co-pay be to put Momma in a home for the blind?
5. Who illegally plays matchmaker for Five Properties when he decides it is time to get married?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)