Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-3
1. What type of relationship does Augie have with his mother at the opening of the novel?
2. Who is "Grandma"?
3. Why is Augie sent to live with his cousins, the Coblins?
4. Who is Augie meant to marry when he is a teenager, and what is his reaction to this agreement?
5. What is Augie's relationship to his younger brother, Georgie?
6. How does Augie feel about attending school?
7. What religion does Augie's family practice?
This section contains 733 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)