|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark do after he defeats the urgings of the bad eldil while in the room Frost left him alone in?
2. What do Straik and Wither do to Filostrato when Filostrato is taken to meet the Head?
3. According to Ransom, why has God chosen to use Merlin in this fight?
4. What does Frost tell Mark to do to the crucifix on the floor of his training room?
5. What does Jane think of the ancient biblical language that Ransom uses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jane unknowingly stop Mr. Frost from being able to telepathically see her dreams?
2. Why is Mark so hesitant about stomping on the crucifix in his training room?
3. Why are Mr. Frost and Mr. Wither trying to talk to the old man in Latin?
4. What does Mr. Dimble want to help Mark do after Mark seeks him out looking for Jane?
5. What do Jane and Mr. Dimble find at the campsite in Bragdon Wood?
6. What happens to Mark when he sees the remains of the prisoner Alcasar?
7. What happens to the people at St. Anne's when the Oyeresu start descending there?
8. Why does Ransom say that God chose to use Merlin to help them at this time?
9. How is the Head able to speak?
10. What is so significant about Mr. Frost and Mr. Wither fighting about Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many different proposed purposes of the N.I.C.E. What are some of the different proposed purposes, and what is the real purpose? How does the N.I.C.E. plan to achieve this purpose? How does this differ from the main mission of St. Anne's? What are they doing to complete their mission?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Ransom is a very important figure in this book. What symbolic figure is he supposed to represent? Use examples from the text to support this idea. How does this standing affect the other characters he comes in contact with in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Mark has some very interesting experiences during his training at Belbury. Explain some of these experiences. What are they supposed to be teaching Mark? Do you think it works?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)