|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man that Jane sees in the newspaper do to be imprisoned?
2. Why does Miss Ironwood not cure Jane's dreams?
3. What will a beast not do after speaking with the master of St. Anne's?
4. How long have the Studdocks been married?
5. Why is Mr. Wither upset at the Fairy for trying to take Jane by force at the riot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the N.I.C.E. causing all the riots that Mark is writing about when they end up having to stop them?
2. What do we learn is the real reason that the N.I.C.E. wanted Mark to join them?
3. What does Mr. Wither do to get Mark to take the position at the N.I.C.E. after he turned it down?
4. When Jane meets Lord Feverstone for the first time, how does she feel?
5. Why does Miss Ironwood refuse to help Jane get rid of her dreams?
6. What does Jane notice about the weather as she heads to St. Anne's after seeing Mr. Frost?
7. What is the one job that Mark does not want to take if he joins the N.I.C.E.?
8. What does Jane learn from her short conversation with Mr. Curry that is very shocking to her?
9. How does Jane gain admittance into St. Anne's the first time she goes there?
10. What is so unique about Mr. MacPhee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Wither always seems very distracted to the people he converses with. Why is this? What allows him to remain so distant? How do you think this ability affects his rise in power at the N.I.C.E.?
Essay Topic 2
When Jane gets on the train to go to St. Anne's she notices a difference in the weather on her way there. What is this difference? What significance does this difference have?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different proposed purposes of the N.I.C.E. What are some of the different proposed purposes, and what is the real purpose? How does the N.I.C.E. plan to achieve this purpose? How does this differ from the main mission of St. Anne's? What are they doing to complete their mission?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)