|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Merlin, if Jane had had a child, what would that child have done?
(a) Vanquished the College before it allowed the N.I.C.E. to take over.
(b) Reigned as king, and been an assistant to Ransom.
(c) Known the secret to defeating the N.I.C.E.
(d) Kept humanity safe for a thousand years.
2. Who is the one person who puts their trust in Ransom when everyone is accusing him of treachery after he speaks with Merlin.
(b) Mr. MacPhee.
(c) Mrs. Maggs.
3. What does Mark do when he sees Wither standing at the clearing in the wood the second time?
(a) Punches him in the head.
(b) Tries to hide from sight.
(c) Turns back to Belbury.
(d) Tells him he is off to fetch Jane.
4. Why is Jane left out of the very important house meeting at St. Anne's after she meets the leader?
(a) They do not want her to dream about the meeting.
(b) They need her to keep guard at the door while they confer.
(c) They are suspicious of her true ties to Belbury.
(d) They want her to go to Belbury to fetch Mark during the meeting.
5. Who is the man that Jane and Mr. Dimble see on the horse when they search the campground?
(b) The Head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark do when he sees the Head for the first time?
2. Who is the bearded man on the stone table that Jane sees in her dreams?
3. Why is Wither always so distracted?
4. What effect does the coming of Mercury have on the people at St. Anne's?
5. What is Mark's opinion of The Fairy after she tells him his wife is in danger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the 'Curse of Babel' do to the people at the banquet table?
2. What happens to the people at St. Anne's when the Oyeresu start descending there?
3. Why is Mark so hesitant about stomping on the crucifix in his training room?
4. What does the old man feel about the man who stole his clothes?
5. What is so significant about Mr. Frost and Mr. Wither fighting about Jane?
6. What does Mr. Frost receive that causes him to leave Mark in the holding room with no warning?
7. According to the macrobes, what is the true fate of human kind?
8. What is the old man's major goal while being held captive at Belbury?
9. What happens when Mark punches Wither in the face?
10. Why is Jane prohibited from being part of the important meeting at St. Anne's?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)