|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jane's opinion of Mr. Ransom after hearing Mr. Macphee's emotionless version of Mr. Ransom's history?
(a) She believes the story is true.
(b) She is skeptical of the interplanetary traveling.
(c) She does not fully understand everthing that was said.
(d) She is frightened of his power.
2. Where is King Arthur's ring according to Merlin's riddle to Ransom?
(a) In the chamber where Merlin was sleeping.
(b) On King Arthur's finger.
(c) On Ransom's finger.
(d) Buried deep in the Well of Merlin.
3. What was MacPhee doing while Ransom was answering Merlin's riddles?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Watching intently.
(d) Writing down the exchange.
4. What does the note from Jane say that Mark gets when he wakes up in the banquet hall?
(a) That he should go to St. Anne's.
(b) That she wants a divorce.
(c) That she knows someone who can help him repent.
(d) That she misses him and wants him to come home.
5. Who is the bearded man on the stone table that Jane sees in her dreams?
(c) Mr. Wither.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Fairy able to give such a detailed report to Frost and Wither about what Mark has been doing in Edgestow?
2. What does Merlin think Ransom and his followers should do to Jane?
3. What happens to Mark when he leaves Mr. Dimble to think about leaving the N.I.C.E. for an hour?
4. Which of these was NOT a way that Mr. Frost thought about using to get Mark to bring Jane to them?
5. According to Merlin, if Jane had had a child, what would that child have done?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merlin do when Ransom successfully passes all the tests Merlin gives to see if Ransom truly is the leader of St. Anne's?
2. According to the macrobes, what is the true fate of human kind?
3. What is so significant about Mr. Frost and Mr. Wither fighting about Jane?
4. Why is Jane prohibited from being part of the important meeting at St. Anne's?
5. What is so frustrating to Mark when he gets to his apartment after leaving Belbury?
6. What do Jane and Mr. Dimble find at the campsite in Bragdon Wood?
7. What does the old man feel about the man who stole his clothes?
8. How is the Head able to speak?
9. Why are Mr. Frost and Mr. Wither trying to talk to the old man in Latin?
10. What kind of tests does Merlin give to Mr. Ransom to make sure he is the real leader at St. Anne's?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)