|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the naked man in the inner room call for when he awakens?
(d) His wife.
2. What is Mark writing to Jane about when the Fairy makes him drop his pen?
(a) Staying at St. Anne's.
(b) His experience with the Head.
(c) His new job.
(d) Coming to Belbury with him.
3. What does Mark realize will happen to him if he does not comply with all Mr. Wither's demands?
(a) They will kill him.
(b) He will never be promoted.
(c) They will not allow him to be part of an exclusive group.
(d) They will fire him.
4. What was found at the site of Hengest's murder that implicates Mark?
(a) Mark's glove.
(b) A piece of paper with Mark and Jane's address.
(c) Jane's pocketbook.
(d) Mark's wallet.
5. How does Merlin greet Ransom when he realizes Ransom is the real leader at St. Anne's?
(a) Embraces him and kisses both cheeks.
(b) Gets down on one knee and bows to him.
(c) Shakes his hand warmly.
(d) Prostates himself on the floor until commanded to stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark return back to Belbury instead of leaving to get Jane?
2. What happens to Mark when he leaves Mr. Dimble to think about leaving the N.I.C.E. for an hour?
3. What do Jane and Mr. Dimble find as they head away from the vagrant camp?
4. What did Wither's men find in Bragdon Wood?
5. What does Mark agree to be trained in before Mr. Frost finally releases him and lets him eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mr. Frost and Mr. Wither trying to talk to the old man in Latin?
2. What kind of tests does Merlin give to Mr. Ransom to make sure he is the real leader at St. Anne's?
3. What does Mr. Dimble want to help Mark do after Mark seeks him out looking for Jane?
4. What does Mr. Frost receive that causes him to leave Mark in the holding room with no warning?
5. Why is Jane prohibited from being part of the important meeting at St. Anne's?
6. What happens when Mark punches Wither in the face?
7. How did Jane unknowingly stop Mr. Frost from being able to telepathically see her dreams?
8. What happens to Mark when he sees the remains of the prisoner Alcasar?
9. Why does Merlin feel so much animosity towards Jane?
10. Why is Mark so hesitant about stomping on the crucifix in his training room?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)