|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark have to wear when meeting with the Head?
(b) A symbolic smock.
(c) Sterile clothes, a mask, and gloves.
(d) A blindfold.
2. What is the room that was added on to the Belbury estate that now houses the N.I.C.E. headquarters?
(a) A blood transfusion office.
(b) The official headquarters.
(c) A library for file storage.
(d) A hospital.
3. What does Jane learn about the man from her recurring dream when she goes to St. Anne's and tells them of her dream?
(a) He is symbolic of her husband.
(b) He is collecting information about her.
(c) He is searching for her to kill her.
(d) He is her father.
4. Why was Mark really invited to join the N.I.C.E.?
(a) To utilize his writing talent.
(b) To keep him from joining St. Anne's.
(c) To use his identity.
(d) To get Jane.
5. What is Jane's first impression of Lord Feverstone?
(a) She immediately distrusts him.
(b) She is afraid of his power.
(c) She feels safe in his presence.
(d) She is physically attracted to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends the night with Jane after her trip to St. Anne's?
2. What is the draw for Bracton to sell Bragdon Wood to N.I.C.E.?
3. How does Mark get back to Belbury when he decides to accept his position with the N.I.C.E.?
4. What happens to the man in Jane's dream who was in a car coming home in the dark?
5. What does N.I.C.E. stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Fairy have Mark do as his first project at Belbury--much to his chagrin?
2. What does Mark see as he and Lord Feverstone pass by a mirror at Belbury?
3. What strikes Jane as so fascinating when she first meets Mr. Ransom?
4. What does Jane see Mr. Frost doing in her recurring dream about him?
5. Why is Bracton College interested in selling Bragdon Wood to the N.I.C.E.?
6. What does the Fairy tell Mark repeatedly to not bother Mr. Wither about?
7. What advice does Mr. Ransom give Jane to help her fix her poor marriage situation?
8. What is the one job that Mark does not want to take if he joins the N.I.C.E.?
9. What is Reverend Straik's warning to Mark about joining the N.I.C.E.?
10. What does Jane learn from her short conversation with Mr. Curry that is very shocking to her?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)