|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Mark give himself at work?
2. What does Mark admire about Jane the morning after she was so frightened and he ignored her to get some sleep after his dinner party?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her spirit.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her beauty.
3. What will a beast not do after speaking with the master of St. Anne's?
(a) Return to the wild.
(b) Harm a human.
(c) Die at the hands of a human.
(d) Bear offspring.
4. What happened to the prisoner Alcasan?
(a) He tried to defy the N.I.C.E. and is now undergoing brainwashing experiments.
(b) He became the Head.
(c) He was tortured and killed.
(d) He never really existed; he was just a propaganda story.
5. What does the Fairy do to Jane during the riot on the street?
(a) Greets her with open arms.
(b) Turns her over to the police.
(c) Cuts her hair as a sign of power.
(d) Burns her with a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane not frightened of the dream she has of the dead man in the dark?
2. What does Jane do to calm her nerves after her night of horrible dreams?
3. What does the Fairy say she has chosen to do with the prisoner Alcasan?
4. What is the draw for Bracton to sell Bragdon Wood to N.I.C.E.?
5. Who controls most of the newspapers?
Short Essay Questions
1. After hearing about her dreams, what does Mr. Dimble tell Jane to do if she feels the urge to tell anyone else about her dreams?
2. What advice does Mr. Ransom give Jane to help her fix her poor marriage situation?
3. Why are the Denistons so eager to have Jane be a new member of their group at St. Anne's?
4. How does Jane gain admittance into St. Anne's the first time she goes there?
5. Why is Bracton College interested in selling Bragdon Wood to the N.I.C.E.?
6. What do we learn is the real reason that the N.I.C.E. wanted Mark to join them?
7. Why is Lord Feverston appointed the new emergency governor?
8. What does Jane notice about the weather as she heads to St. Anne's after seeing Mr. Frost?
9. What does Jane see Mr. Frost doing in her recurring dream about him?
10. What was the fate of the only man to ever try and leave the N.I.C.E. and who was that man?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)