|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does a lifetime membership in the N.I.C.E. cost?
(a) 150 dollars.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) It is free with a life pledge of loyalty.
(d) 500 pounds.
2. What does the Fairy tell Mark to do if he decides to leave the N.I.C.E.?
(a) Write about his experience.
(b) Keep his mouth shut.
(c) Ask for his initiation money back.
(d) Leave on good terms.
3. What is Jane's first impression of Lord Feverstone?
(a) She is afraid of his power.
(b) She feels safe in his presence.
(c) She immediately distrusts him.
(d) She is physically attracted to him.
4. What does Jane find in her bathroom at St. Anne's that makes her run away screaming?
(a) A lion.
(b) The man from her dream.
(d) A bear.
5. What do the fellows at Bracton College think they hear outside during their meeting the night after they sold Bragdon Wood?
(a) A great storm raging.
(b) A lion roaring.
(c) A car crash.
(d) Machine gun fire.
6. Who controls most of the newspapers?
(a) St. Anne's.
(b) The Fairy.
(c) Bracston College.
(d) The N.I.C.E.
7. What is Bracton College being forced to do after they have already sold off Bragdon Wood?
(a) Hold a funeral proceeding for Mr. Hingest.
(b) Redirect the Wynd River.
(c) Sell out to the N.I.C.E.
(d) Give over half of their staff to aid the progression of the N.I.C.E.
8. Why do the Dimbles have to move?
(a) They have been forced out of the college society.
(b) They are being persecuted by the N.I.C.E.
(c) Mr. Dimble got a new job with the college and wants to be closer to it.
(d) They live in Bragdon Wood.
9. How does Mark get back to Belbury when he decides to accept his position with the N.I.C.E.?
10. Who does the N.I.C.E. appoint as their new emergency governor?
(a) The Head.
(b) Mr. Wither.
(d) Lord Feverstone.
11. What does Mr. Dimble ask Jane to do before she tells anyone else about her dream?
(a) Close her eyes and picture the perfect details of the dream.
(b) Tell him.
(c) Pray about it.
(d) Ask a key question.
12. What mythical character does Mr. Dimble refer to while speaking with Jane about Bragdon Wood?
(a) Saint Nicholas.
(c) The Norse God of Thunder.
(d) King Arthur.
13. What does the Fairy say she has chosen to do with the prisoner Alcasan?
(a) Rehabilitate him.
(b) Release him.
(c) Behead him.
(d) Torture him for information.
14. Why does Mr. Macphee not have any opinions?
(a) He hides his true feelings.
(b) He was once a bear, and bears have no opinions.
(c) He feels that opinions are evil.
(d) He sees only facts.
15. Why can't the leader of St. Anne's stand to greet Jane?
(a) He is bound to a wheel-chair.
(b) His foot is wounded.
(c) He is too weary.
(d) He feels it rude to mark a presence in that way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the center of Bragdon Wood?
2. What is the room that was added on to the Belbury estate that now houses the N.I.C.E. headquarters?
3. Who were the first people to the scene of Mr. Hingest's death?
4. What happens to the man in Jane's dream who was in a car coming home in the dark?
5. How does Mark see Lord Feverstone when they pass a mirror?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)