|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jane suffering from at night?
(c) Horrible dreams.
(d) Terrible headaches.
2. What happened to Mr. Hingest the night after he announced his decision to leave the N.I.C.E.?
(a) He was beaten to death.
(b) He was hit by lightning.
(c) He got lost in the woods and fell down a well.
(d) He was in a terrible car crash.
3. Why does Mr. Macphee not have any opinions?
(a) He hides his true feelings.
(b) He feels that opinions are evil.
(c) He sees only facts.
(d) He was once a bear, and bears have no opinions.
4. What does the Fairy tell Mark to do if he decides to leave the N.I.C.E.?
(a) Ask for his initiation money back.
(b) Keep his mouth shut.
(c) Leave on good terms.
(d) Write about his experience.
5. What must Jane do in order to join St. Anne's?
(a) Get Mark's permission.
(b) Write down her dreams.
(c) Pay a small fee.
(d) Make a pledge of loyalty.
6. Who does Filostrato warn Mark that he will end up like if he does not comply with Mr. Wither's request?
(a) Reverend Straik.
(b) The Head.
(c) Mr. Hingest.
(d) Lord Feverstone.
7. What catches the Fairy's attention about Jane when she meets Jane during the riot on the street?
(a) Her familiar face.
(b) She speaks of her visions.
(c) She mentions St. Anne's.
(d) Her last name.
8. What happens to the man in Jane's dream who was in a car coming home in the dark?
(a) He is hit by lightning.
(b) He gets in a terrible car crash.
(c) He is lost in the woods and falls in a well.
(d) He is beaten to death.
9. What does Feverstone reveal as the main mission of the N.I.C.E.?
(a) To tear down the college.
(b) To make a safe haven for an upcoming war.
(c) To overthrow the government and replace it with new and fresh ideas.
(d) To remake the human race.
10. What mythical character does Mr. Dimble refer to while speaking with Jane about Bragdon Wood?
(b) Saint Nicholas.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) The Norse God of Thunder.
11. What happened to the only person to ever leave the N.I.C.E.?
(a) He was shunned.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He was never heard from again.
(d) He killed himself.
12. What is so different about Jane wanting so desperately to join St. Anne's from the beginning of the book?
(a) She has never done anything without her husband's consent.
(b) She is not usually a religious person.
(c) She has never wanted to be part of the group before.
(d) She does not usually like to travel much.
13. How does Mr. Wither seem to Mark during their conversation when Mark is first introduced at Belbury?
(a) Too eager.
(b) Distracted and distant.
(c) Enthusiastic and warm.
(d) Cold and hostile.
14. How does Jane escape the riot on the street?
(a) The mob gets too out of hand for the officer to keep a hold of her.
(b) She gives the Fairy the information she wanted.
(c) She tells them she is Mark's wife, and they let her go.
(d) She buys her way to freedom.
15. What title does Mark give himself at work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is causing all of the disturbances that Mark is writing about?
2. What specific change takes place in Jane while Mark is away at Belbury?
3. Why can't the leader of St. Anne's stand to greet Jane?
4. Where does Jane call home after her experience at the riot?
5. What does Jane do when she sees the man from her dreams getting into a car belonging to the N.I.C.E.?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)