|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wet and Windy Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cosser's duty in the countryside?
(a) He is surveying the landscape.
(b) He is diverting a river.
(c) He is planting important crops.
(d) He is evacuating people who have made homes there.
2. What does Filostrato tell Mark that the real purpose of the N.I.C.E. is while they are chatting in Filostrato's room?
(a) To give eternal life to the human brain.
(b) To prepare for an inter-gallactic war.
(c) To rid the world of all organic matter.
(d) To rid the world of evil-minded beings.
3. What is so different about Jane wanting so desperately to join St. Anne's from the beginning of the book?
(a) She has never done anything without her husband's consent.
(b) She is not usually a religious person.
(c) She has never wanted to be part of the group before.
(d) She does not usually like to travel much.
4. What did Jane dream about the night that Mark saw the Head?
(a) She saw the Fairy trying to kill Mark.
(b) She saw Mr. Wither and The Fairy convincing Mark to kill Jane.
(c) She saw Mark meeting the Head.
(d) She saw Mr. Ransom taking Mark away from Belbury.
5. Who does Filostrato warn Mark that he will end up like if he does not comply with Mr. Wither's request?
(a) Lord Feverstone.
(b) Reverend Straik.
(c) The Head.
(d) Mr. Hingest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Jane about the leader of St. Anne's?
2. What reason does the N.I.C.E. give for the riots happening in Edgestow?
3. Where is Jane when Mark is looking for her at their apartment after he finally returns from Belbury?
4. Why is it so hard for Jane, Ransom and Mr. Deniston to find the fence that Jane dreamed about?
5. Which of these was NOT a way that Mr. Frost thought about using to get Mark to bring Jane to them?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)