|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Descent of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the coming of Venus have on the people at St. Anne's?
(a) The temperature rises, and a sweet breeze wafts through the room.
(b) Everyone in the house becomes very cold.
(c) Everyone finds himself with great courage.
(d) Causes everyone in the house to feel regal and proud.
2. Why is Mark desirable to the N.I.C.E. even without Jane?
(a) He is very obedient.
(b) He has never been sick in his life.
(c) He has a good brain.
(d) He has good genes.
3. What happens when Mark distances himself from Belbury?
(a) He longs to return to Belbury.
(b) He begins thinking clearly again.
(c) He feels the need to spread the news of the goodness of the N.I.C.E.
(d) He is plagued with strange visions.
4. Why does Mr. Macphee not have any opinions?
(a) He feels that opinions are evil.
(b) He sees only facts.
(c) He hides his true feelings.
(d) He was once a bear, and bears have no opinions.
5. What does Feverstone say to Mark about Curry and Busby after they leave the dinner party at the College?
(a) He thinks they are rather stupid.
(b) He thinks they are N.I.C.E. spies.
(c) He is suspicious of their deeper motives.
(d) He is grateful to have them on his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will a beast not do after speaking with the master of St. Anne's?
2. What does the Fairy do to Jane during the riot on the street?
3. What is Jane doing when Mark comes home from his late meeting?
4. What did Frost say Mark's murder charge was?
5. What does Mark have to wear when meeting with the Head?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)