|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conquered City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cosser's duty in the countryside?
(a) He is planting important crops.
(b) He is evacuating people who have made homes there.
(c) He is surveying the landscape.
(d) He is diverting a river.
2. What question does Lord Feverstone raise during the dinner party?
(a) How can he get into the inner circle of the N.I.C.E.?
(b) How much more money will he make now that the sale has been made?
(c) Who are the N.I.C.E. and what do they plan to do?
(d) How many jobs will really be created by this sale?
3. Whom does Jane have a recurring dream of without knowing who he is?
(a) Mr. Frost.
(b) Mr. Ransom.
(c) Mr. Steele.
(d) Mr. Wither.
4. How does Jane feel when she decides to go see Mrs. Ironwood after speaking with the Dimbles about her disturbing dreams?
(a) She feels comforted.
(b) She feels like a fool.
(c) She feels scared.
(d) She feels angry.
5. Who does Filostrato warn Mark that he will end up like if he does not comply with Mr. Wither's request?
(a) Mr. Hingest.
(b) Reverend Straik.
(c) Lord Feverstone.
(d) The Head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific change takes place in Jane while Mark is away at Belbury?
2. Why was Mark really invited to join the N.I.C.E.?
3. What does Mark want from Mr. Dimble when he sees him at the college?
4. Why is Mrs. Dimble at Jane's house while Mark is away?
5. What kind of a driver is Lord Feverstone?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)