|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
2. Who is Pauline in London with?
3. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
4. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Pauline sneak away from her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
2. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
4. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
5. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
6. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
7. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
8. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
9. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
10. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)