|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
2. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
3. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
4. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
5. Who is the Author of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
2. In Chapter 2, where does Jeeves find employment?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
4. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
5. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
6. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
7. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
8. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
9. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
10. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the different conflicts in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". Who is in conflict with whom and why? Are these conflicts resolved? If so, how? Do these conflicts have a lasting affect on the characters of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'?
Essay Topic 3
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)