|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
2. Where does Bertie first go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
4. Who is Pauline in London with?
5. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
2. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
3. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
4. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
5. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
6. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
7. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
8. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
9. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
10. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the different conflicts in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". Who is in conflict with whom and why? Are these conflicts resolved? If so, how? Do these conflicts have a lasting affect on the characters of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)