|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 9?
2. What title does Chuffy bear?
3. Where does Pauline decide to go in Chapter 10?
4. Who is Pauline in London with?
5. Why have the police come to Bertie's cottage in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
2. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
4. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
5. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
7. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
8. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
9. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
10. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device deus ex machina. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves and his friends and family? Why are they loyal to one another?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)