|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeeves?
2. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
3. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
4. Who is Seabury?
5. What is the title of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
3. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
4. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
5. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
6. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
8. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
9. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
10. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)