|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Pauline's father inherited?
2. Where do Mr. Stoker and his children stay?
3. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
4. What does Bertie choose not to reveal to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Pauline say helped her at the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
2. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
3. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
4. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
5. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
6. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
7. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
8. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
9. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
10. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Thank You, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this book a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)