|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pauline go to Bertie's cottage?
2. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
3. What is Bertie's new hobby in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Seabury?
5. Who comes to retrieve Pauline in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
2. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
3. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
4. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
5. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
6. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
7. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
8. Why would Sir Roderick's arrest be a concern for Mr. Stoker?
9. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
10. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves and his friends and family? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device deus ex machina. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)