|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
2. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
3. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
4. Who is Jeeves?
5. What does Chuffy accuse Bertie of in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
2. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
3. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
5. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
6. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
7. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
8. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
10. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves and his friends and family? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of "Thank You, Jeeves". What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)