|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pauline's surname?
2. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
5. Who sees Bertie kiss Pauline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
2. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
3. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
4. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
5. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
6. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
7. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
8. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
9. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
10. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money cause problems for the protagonists and secondary characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are some examples of when Wooster depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble? How does Wooster help his friends?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of social class in the book. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)