|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. Stoker and his children stay?
2. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
3. Why is Bertie distressed about Pauline?
4. Who is the Author of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
5. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
3. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
5. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
6. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
7. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
8. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
9. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
10. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of social class in the book. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the schemes which take place in the novel. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these schemes presented in a humorous tone? Why might Wodehouse have presented these schemes in such a manner?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)