|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable who brings Chuffy to the scene believe is wrong with Bertie?
2. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
3. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
4. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
2. In Chapter 2, where does Jeeves find employment?
3. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
5. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
7. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
8. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
9. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
10. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are some examples of when Wooster depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble? How does Wooster help his friends?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)