|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
2. What is the name of Chuffy's village?
3. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
4. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
5. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
3. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
4. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
5. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
6. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
7. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
8. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
9. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
10. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the different conflicts in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". Who is in conflict with whom and why? Are these conflicts resolved? If so, how? Do these conflicts have a lasting affect on the characters of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device deus ex machina. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)