|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Stoker's son?
2. Who is Pauline?
3. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
4. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
5. Who does Pauline say helped her at the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
2. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
3. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
4. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
5. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
7. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
8. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
9. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
10. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are some examples of when Wooster depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble? How does Wooster help his friends?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)