|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
2. What is the title of Chapter 9?
3. Why did Pauline sneak away from her father?
4. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
5. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what condition does Bertie agree to take Sir Roderick's place in police custody?
2. What does Jeeves admit to doing in Chapter 22?
3. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
4. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
5. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
7. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
8. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
9. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
10. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)