|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
2. What does Bertie find on his desk?
3. What title does Chuffy bear?
4. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of Chuffy's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
2. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
3. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
4. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
5. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
6. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
7. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
8. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
10. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves and his friends and family? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Thank You, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this book a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the different conflicts in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". Who is in conflict with whom and why? Are these conflicts resolved? If so, how? Do these conflicts have a lasting affect on the characters of the novel?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)