|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Seabury?
2. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
3. Who is Sir Roderick engaged to?
4. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
5. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
2. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
3. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
4. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
5. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
6. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
7. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
8. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
9. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
10. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)