|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
2. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
3. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
4. What does Bertie ask Jeeves to do in Chapter 5?
5. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
2. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
3. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
4. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
5. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
6. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
7. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
8. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
9. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
10. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are some examples of when Wooster depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble? How does Wooster help his friends?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of "Thank You, Jeeves". What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)