Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
2. What is Pauline wearing when Bertie finds her after returning from dinner in Chapter 6?
3. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
4. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
5. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
2. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
3. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
4. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
5. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
7. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
8. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
9. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
10. Why is the constable waiting for Chuffy in Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)