|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Pauline's father inherited?
2. What is the title of Chapter 6?
3. Who is Pauline?
4. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
5. Who is Jeeves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
3. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
4. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
5. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
7. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
8. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
9. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
10. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the different conflicts in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". Who is in conflict with whom and why? Are these conflicts resolved? If so, how? Do these conflicts have a lasting affect on the characters of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of social class in the book. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)