|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeeves?
2. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
3. What has Pauline taken with her for her journey home?
4. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
5. What title does Chuffy bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
2. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
3. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
4. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
5. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
6. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
7. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
8. In Chapter 2, where does Jeeves find employment?
9. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
10. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)