Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
2. What is Pauline wearing when Bertie finds her after returning from dinner in Chapter 6?
3. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
4. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
5. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
2. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
3. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
4. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
5. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
7. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
8. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
9. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
10. Why is the constable waiting for Chuffy in Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of "Thank You, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this book a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Thank You, Jeeves". What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the novel?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)