|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pauline?
2. Why did Pauline go to Bertie's cottage?
3. What does Bertie do as Chuffy removes his boots?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
5. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
2. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
3. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
4. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
5. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
6. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
7. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
8. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
9. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
10. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Thank You, Jeeves". What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of social class in the book. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)