|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pauline in London with?
2. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 1?
3. What does Bertie find on his desk?
4. What is the name of Chuffy's estate?
5. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
2. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
3. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
4. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
5. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
6. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
7. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
8. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
9. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
10. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Thank You, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this book a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)