|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie realize when Pauline speaks to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
2. Where is Pauline's family from?
3. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
4. What does Bertie have trouble doing after Pauline leaves the cottage?
5. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
2. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
4. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
5. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
6. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
7. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
8. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
9. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
10. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the different conflicts in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". Who is in conflict with whom and why? Are these conflicts resolved? If so, how? Do these conflicts have a lasting affect on the characters of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device deus ex machina. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money cause problems for the protagonists and secondary characters in the novel?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)