|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
2. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
5. What does Bertie do as Chuffy removes his boots?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
3. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
4. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
5. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
6. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
7. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
8. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
9. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
10. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves and his friends and family? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)