|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
2. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Pauline decide to go in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
5. What is the title of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
2. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
3. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
4. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
5. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
6. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
7. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
8. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
9. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
10. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money cause problems for the protagonists and secondary characters in the novel?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)