|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jeeves and Bertie hear as they talk in Chuffy's office?
(a) A car horn.
(c) Glass shattering.
2. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is ecstatic.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is not happy.
3. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
(a) When he collects some from the cottage.
(b) When Seabury returns it.
(c) When the Chuffnells have retired for the evening.
(d) When more comes in the morning.
4. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
(a) The cottage.
(b) The summer house.
(c) The Dower House.
(d) Chuffnell Regis.
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) The Girl on the Boat.
(b) Money for Nothing.
(c) Jeeves Has News.
(d) Hot Water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie can spend the night?
2. Why does Bertie return to his cottage in Chapter 13?
3. How does Sir Roderick punish Seabury for his revenge?
4. What happens when Sir Roderick encounter's Seabury's method of revenge?
5. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
2. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
3. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
4. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
5. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
6. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
7. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
8. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
9. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
10. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)