|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
(a) A cricket bat.
(b) A croquet club.
(c) A chair.
(d) A knife.
2. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
(a) Sir Roderick.
3. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he has never been engaged before.
(b) That he is financially secure.
(c) That he is mentally sound.
(d) That he loves Pauline.
4. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
(a) To find out about Chuffy.
(b) For a party.
(c) To talk business.
(d) For dinner.
5. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is appreciative.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is embarassed.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
2. What is the title of Chapter 14?
3. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
5. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
2. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
3. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
4. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
5. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
6. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
7. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
8. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
9. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
10. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)