|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
(a) Take a tour.
(b) Play billiards.
(c) Play cards.
2. What does Sir Roderick agree to do to for Seabury in Chapter 15?
(a) Imitate the minstrels.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Take him to lunch in London.
(d) Play the piano.
3. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) Bertie is wealthy.
(b) To punish Pauline.
(c) To save her reputation.
(d) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
4. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(b) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(c) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(d) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
5. Why can't Jeeves give Bertie any butter in Chapter 16?
(a) The Chuffnells are watching him.
(b) Seabury used it all.
(c) Jeeves needs it to prepare breakfast.
(d) The cat has eaten it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
2. What is Brinkley doing when Bertie encounters him at the cottage?
3. Who is shocked by Bertie's appearance when he reaches Chuffnell Hall in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
5. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
3. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
4. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
5. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
6. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
7. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
8. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
9. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
10. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)