|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brinkley discover and chase away in Chapter 16?
(a) Sir Roderick.
2. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
(a) To talk business.
(b) For dinner.
(c) To find out about Chuffy.
(d) For a party.
3. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he loves Pauline.
(b) That he is mentally sound.
(c) That he is financially secure.
(d) That he has never been engaged before.
4. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
(a) Sir Roderick.
5. What does Sir Roderick hope to use to clean his face in Chapter 16?
(a) Soap and water.
(b) Vegetable oil.
(d) Paint thinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jeeves say has argued in Chapter 15?
2. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
3. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Sir Roderick have an argument with after punishing Seabury?
5. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
2. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
4. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
5. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
6. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
7. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
8. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
9. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
10. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)