|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(b) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(c) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(d) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
2. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A magician.
(b) A clown.
(c) A brass band.
(d) A minstrel group.
3. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Take a tour.
(c) Play billiards.
4. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) An overcoat.
(b) The use of his shed.
(d) An apology.
5. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) To punish Pauline.
(b) Bertie is wealthy.
(c) To save her reputation.
(d) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sir Roderick encounter's Seabury's method of revenge?
2. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
3. What does Seabury intend to use to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
4. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
5. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
2. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
3. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
4. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
5. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
6. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
7. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
8. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
9. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
10. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)