|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
(a) Getting directions from the police.
(b) In a police car.
(c) At the police station.
(d) Outside Bertie's cottage in handcuffs.
2. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) Bertie is wealthy.
(b) To punish Pauline.
(c) To save her reputation.
(d) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
3. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) The Man with Two Left Feet.
(b) Preparations for Handling Father.
(c) Uneasy Money.
(d) Something Fresh.
4. Who is Brinkley?
(a) Jeeve's friend.
(b) A local cat burglar.
(c) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
(d) Bertie's new valet.
5. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) The Juice of an Orange.
(b) Development of the Butter Situation.
(c) Gala Night.
(d) The Castaways.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
2. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
3. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
4. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
5. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
2. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
3. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
4. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
5. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
6. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
7. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
8. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
9. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
10. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)