|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Pauline arrested?
(a) For armed robbery.
(b) For breaking into Bertie's cottage.
(c) For fraud.
(d) For stealing the constable's hat.
2. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
(a) The police are there.
(b) He doesn't want to be seen by the villagers.
(c) He knows it will be uncomfortable.
(d) He is afraid Mr. Stoker will find him there.
3. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
(a) Dwight Stoker.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
4. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
(b) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Chuffy and Pauline.
(d) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
5. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) Open House.
(b) The Voice from the Past.
(c) The Butter Situation.
(d) Monkey Business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
2. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Bertie end up staying the night in Chapter 16?
4. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
5. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
2. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
3. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
4. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
5. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
6. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
7. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
8. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
9. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
10. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)