|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Stay up to listen to the radio.
(b) Go to Chuffnell Fegis for the village fête.
(c) Leave the table until his plate is clean.
(d) Attend the minstrel show.
2. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
(a) Bertie's banjolele hobby.
(b) The rumors about Bertie.
(c) English customs.
(d) Chuffy's financial situation.
3. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
(a) When he collects some from the cottage.
(b) When more comes in the morning.
(c) When Seabury returns it.
(d) When the Chuffnells have retired for the evening.
4. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
(a) Sir Roderick's disappearance.
(b) Mr. Stoker's desire for Bertie to marry Pauline.
(c) Lady Chuffnell's financial situation.
(d) Jeeve's mysterious behavior.
5. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) Sir Roderick.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
2. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
3. What does Seabury intend to use to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
4. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
5. Why was Pauline arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
3. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
4. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
5. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
6. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
7. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
8. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
9. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
10. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)