|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he is financially secure.
(b) That he loves Pauline.
(c) That he has never been engaged before.
(d) That he is mentally sound.
2. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) The Butter Situation.
(b) The Voice from the Past.
(c) Open House.
(d) Monkey Business.
3. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
(b) Lady Chuffnell.
4. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In the games room.
(b) In a bedroom.
(c) In a stateroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
5. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
2. Who is shocked by Bertie's appearance when he reaches Chuffnell Hall in Chapter 13?
3. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
4. Why does Mr. Stoker believe Chuffy wants to marry Pauline?
5. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
2. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
3. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
4. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
5. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
6. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
7. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
8. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
9. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
10. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)