|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
(b) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
(c) Chuffy said so.
(d) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
2. What is Brinkley doing when Bertie encounters him at the cottage?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Overturning furniture.
(c) Cleaning the kitchen.
(d) Chasing a cat.
3. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Starts calling for the police.
(c) Sets the cottage on fire.
(d) Locks himself in the bedroom.
4. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
5. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
(a) He is ecstatic.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is not happy.
(d) He is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 15?
2. What crime does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker was in danger of being charged with?
3. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
4. What must Bertie admit when Sir Roderick asks to go to his cottage?
5. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
3. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
4. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
5. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
6. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
7. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
8. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
9. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
10. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)