|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) Uneasy Money.
(b) Preparations for Handling Father.
(c) Something Fresh.
(d) The Man with Two Left Feet.
2. Why does Mr. Stoker believe Chuffy wants to marry Pauline?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) For her money.
(c) To get American citizenship.
(d) For her connections.
3. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) Sir Roderick.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
4. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
(a) He is afraid Mr. Stoker will find him there.
(b) He doesn't want to be seen by the villagers.
(c) He knows it will be uncomfortable.
(d) The police are there.
5. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) The use of his shed.
(c) An apology.
(d) An overcoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brinkley doing when Bertie encounters him at the cottage?
2. Who is performing at the birthday party?
3. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
4. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
5. Who does Brinkley discover and chase away in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
2. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
3. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
4. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
5. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
6. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
7. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
8. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
9. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
10. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)