|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie realize when Pauline speaks to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
(a) Pauline is nicer than she used to be.
(b) Pauline treats Chuffy like a brother.
(c) Pauline dislikes Chuffy.
(d) Pauline loves Chuffy.
2. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
(b) She swam from the yacht.
(c) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(d) She directed the yacht there.
3. Why is Bertie distressed about Pauline?
(a) He owes Pauline money.
(b) Pauline is ill.
(c) He heard Pauline is out to get him.
(d) He is afraid of running into Pauline.
4. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
(a) Jeeves has prepared him a tonic.
(b) Pauline is gone.
(c) The mess has been cleaned up.
(d) Chuffy has built a fire.
5. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into a hotel.
(b) To turn it into a hospital.
(c) To turn into an apartment building.
(d) To turn it into a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
2. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
3. Who comes to retrieve Pauline in Chapter 5?
4. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
5. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
2. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
3. What does Jeeves admit to doing in Chapter 22?
4. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
6. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
7. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
8. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
9. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
10. How does Jeeves end up working for Bertie again at the end of the novel?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)