|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) At his desk.
(c) In his bed.
(d) Waiting outside the cottage.
2. How does Bertie describe the kiss he gave Pauline?
(a) As accidental.
(b) As brotherly.
(c) As innocent.
(d) As a joke.
3. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into an apartment building.
(b) To turn it into a hospital.
(c) To turn it into a museum.
(d) To turn into a hotel.
4. What is the title of Chapter 9?
(a) A Letter of Introduction.
(b) Sir Roderick Comes To Lunch.
(c) Lovers' Meetings.
(d) The Love That Purifies.
5. What is Pauline's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
2. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
4. What does Bertie say to calm Chuffy in Chapter 6?
5. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
2. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
3. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
4. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
5. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
6. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
7. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
8. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
9. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
10. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)