|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Leave it to Jeeves.
(b) The Pride of the Woosters is Wounded.
(c) Without the Option.
(d) Bertie Takes Things in Hand.
2. Where is Pauline's family from?
3. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
(a) Jeeves has prepared him a tonic.
(b) The mess has been cleaned up.
(c) Pauline is gone.
(d) Chuffy has built a fire.
4. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
(b) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(c) She swam from the yacht.
(d) She directed the yacht there.
5. What is the name of Chuffy's estate?
(a) Chuffnell House.
(b) Chuffnell Court.
(c) Chuffnell Hall.
(d) Chuffnell Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
2. Who is Pauline?
3. Who is Seabury?
4. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
5. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
2. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
3. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
4. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
5. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
6. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
7. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 2, where does Jeeves find employment?
9. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
10. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)