|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees Bertie kiss Pauline?
(b) Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Mr. Stoker.
(d) Sir Roderick.
2. What does Bertie ask Jeeves to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Set Seabury's rowboat adrift.
(b) Send Chuffy and Pauline outside after lunch.
(c) Put a flower on Pauline's pillow.
(d) Lock Chuffy in the bathroom.
3. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
(a) The valet's bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The cellar.
4. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
(a) How he knows the Stokers.
(b) What he should do to impress Pauline.
(c) How to convince Mr. Stoker to buy the estate.
(d) If he still loves Pauline.
5. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn it into a museum.
(b) To turn into an apartment building.
(c) To turn into a hotel.
(d) To turn it into a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 6?
2. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
3. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
4. How does Bertie describe the kiss he gave Pauline?
5. Where is Pauline's family from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
2. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
3. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
4. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
5. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
6. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
7. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
8. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
9. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
10. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)