|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) Chuffy dares him to.
(b) To tease Pauline.
(c) To provoke Sir Roderick.
(d) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
2. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) A note.
(b) A key.
(c) An empty bottle of gin.
(d) A spider.
3. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
(a) To a cricket match.
(d) To lunch.
4. Who is Pauline in London with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What does Bertie do as Chuffy removes his boots?
(a) Pretends to snore.
(b) Lies still.
(d) Rolls off the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the Author of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
5. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
2. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
4. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
5. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
6. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
7. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
8. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
9. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
10. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)