|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
(a) He can't leave London.
(b) He does not want to be homeless.
(c) He cannot tolerate Bertie's new hobby.
(d) He has received a better employment offer.
2. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
(a) Chuffy has built a fire.
(b) Jeeves has prepared him a tonic.
(c) The mess has been cleaned up.
(d) Pauline is gone.
3. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
(a) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
(b) His cottage.
(c) His aunt's estate.
(d) The garden.
4. What does Bertie say to calm Chuffy in Chapter 6?
(a) That there are plenty of other girls in the world.
(b) That Chuffy is too young to get married anyway.
(c) That Bertie isn't in love with Pauline.
(d) That Mr. Stoker would never accept Chuffy.
5. What does the constable who brings Chuffy to the scene believe is wrong with Bertie?
(a) Bertie is ill.
(b) Bertie is sleepwalking.
(c) Bertie is hallucinating.
(d) Bertie is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
2. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
3. What is Pauline's surname?
4. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
5. What is Bertie's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
2. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
3. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
4. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
5. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
6. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
7. In Chapter 2, where does Jeeves find employment?
8. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
9. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
10. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)