|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Custody of the Pumpkin.
(b) Birth of a Salesman.
(c) Re-enter the Dead Past.
(d) Sleepy Time.
2. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
(a) Because Pauline and Bertie courted.
(b) Because he isn't handsome.
(c) Because he lacks money.
(d) Because Chuffy has had his heart broken many times.
3. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
4. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) On the lips.
(b) On the hand.
(c) On the forehead.
(d) On the cheek.
5. Who is Pauline?
(a) Sir Roderick's fiancee.
(b) Bertie's former fiancée.
(c) Bertie's girlfriend.
(d) Bertie's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
2. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
4. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage?
5. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
2. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
3. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
4. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
5. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
6. In Chapter 2, where does Jeeves find employment?
7. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
8. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
9. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
10. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)