|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
(a) They are old school chums.
(b) They met at the Drones Club.
(c) They competed in polo competitions together.
(d) They are distant cousins.
2. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't want to run into Pauline.
(b) His neighbors are making too much noise.
(c) His apartment is undergoing renovations.
(d) He refuses to give up his new hobby.
3. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
(a) Chuffy has no sympathy for Bertie.
(b) Chuffy sides with Bertie, not her.
(c) Chuffy assumes that she is having an affair with Bertie.
(d) Chuffy didn't tell her that Bertie is staying in the cottage.
4. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Roderick.
(d) Lady Chuffnell.
5. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) An empty bottle of gin.
(b) A spider.
(c) A key.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pauline say helped her at the cottage?
2. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
3. Why did Pauline go to Bertie's cottage?
4. What is the title of Chapter 9?
5. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
2. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
4. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
5. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
6. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
7. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
8. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
9. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
10. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)