|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
(a) Seabury and Mr. Stoker's son fight.
(b) He finds structural faults in the building.
(c) Chuffy inadvertently insults Americans.
(d) Chuffy refuses to reduce his asking price.
2. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) To tease Pauline.
(b) Chuffy dares him to.
(c) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
(d) To provoke Sir Roderick.
3. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 1?
(b) Aunt Dahlia.
(c) His building manager.
(d) Sir Roderick.
4. Who is Pauline in London with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
5. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
(a) A Drone's Club member.
(b) One of Sir Roderick's patients.
(c) The mayor's son.
(d) Pauline's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage?
2. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
3. What is the title of Chapter 10?
4. Why have the police come to Bertie's cottage in Chapter 8?
5. What does Bertie realize when Pauline speaks to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
2. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
4. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
5. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
6. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
7. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
8. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
9. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
10. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)