|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
2. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
(a) A Drone's Club member.
(b) Pauline's cousin.
(c) One of Sir Roderick's patients.
(d) The mayor's son.
3. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
(a) With Chuffy.
(b) With Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
(c) With Sir Roderick.
(d) With Pauline's family.
4. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
5. What is Pauline wearing when Bertie finds her after returning from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) Her brother's clothes.
(c) Bertie's pajamas.
(d) A ballgown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pauline in London with?
2. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
3. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
4. What is the name of Chuffy's estate?
5. What is the title of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
2. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
3. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
4. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
5. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
7. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
8. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
9. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
10. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)