|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertie's surname?
2. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Bertie Takes Things in Hand.
(b) The Pride of the Woosters is Wounded.
(c) Leave it to Jeeves.
(d) Without the Option.
3. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) To provoke Sir Roderick.
(b) To tease Pauline.
(c) Chuffy dares him to.
(d) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
4. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't want to run into Pauline.
(b) His neighbors are making too much noise.
(c) He refuses to give up his new hobby.
(d) His apartment is undergoing renovations.
5. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Complications Set In.
(b) The Smile that Wins.
(c) The Right Approach.
(d) Bertie Changes His Mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeeves?
2. What is the title of Chapter 10?
3. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
4. Where do Mr. Stoker and his children stay?
5. Why have the police come to Bertie's cottage in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
2. What troubles Bertie in Chapter 1 of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
3. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
5. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
6. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
7. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
8. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
9. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)