|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie do as Chuffy removes his boots?
(a) Pretends to snore.
(b) Lies still.
(c) Rolls off the bed.
2. If Bertie's plan goes well, what emotion does he expect Chuffy to display?
3. What is Pauline's surname?
4. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Jeeves and the Hard-boiled Egg.
(b) Jeeves Gives Notice.
(c) Jeeves and the Impending Doom.
(d) Jeeves Exerts the Old Cerebellum.
5. Who is Seabury?
(a) Chuffy's butler.
(b) Bertie's godson.
(c) Chuffy's brother.
(d) Chuffy's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
2. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
3. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
4. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
5. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
2. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
3. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
4. Where does Mr. Stoker take his children after his disagreement with Sir Roderick?
5. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
6. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
7. Who shows up at Bertie door in Chapter 8?
8. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
9. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
10. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)