|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertie describe the kiss he gave Pauline?
(a) As a joke.
(b) As accidental.
(c) As innocent.
(d) As brotherly.
2. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) A key.
(b) A spider.
(c) A note.
(d) An empty bottle of gin.
4. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
(a) Seabury and Mr. Stoker's son fight.
(b) He finds structural faults in the building.
(c) Chuffy inadvertently insults Americans.
(d) Chuffy refuses to reduce his asking price.
5. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
(a) Chuffy assumes that she is having an affair with Bertie.
(b) Chuffy has no sympathy for Bertie.
(c) Chuffy didn't tell her that Bertie is staying in the cottage.
(d) Chuffy sides with Bertie, not her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pauline's surname?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
2. In Chapter 8, where does Bertie go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed? What disturbs him?
3. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
4. Why does Pauline become angry in Chapter 9?
5. What does Bertie find on his desk in Chapter 10?
6. During their conversation in Chapter 4, what does Bertie realize about Chuffy?
7. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
8. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
10. What does Sir Roderick ask Bertie to stop doing in Chapter 1 and why?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)