|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(b) Sir Roderick.
(d) Lady Chuffnell.
2. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
(a) They are strangers.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are relatives.
(d) They are school friends.
3. How does Bertie describe the kiss he gave Pauline?
(a) As accidental.
(b) As a joke.
(c) As innocent.
(d) As brotherly.
4. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) Chuffy dares him to.
(b) To tease Pauline.
(c) To provoke Sir Roderick.
(d) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
5. What does Bertie have trouble doing after Pauline leaves the cottage?
(a) Tidying up the cottage.
(c) Playing his banjolele.
(d) Forgetting about Chuffy's unkind words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
2. Why is Bertie distressed about Pauline?
3. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
4. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
5. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 6, how does Bertie respond when Chuffy accuses him of kissing Pauline?
3. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
4. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Bertie's building manager call him in Chapter 1?
6. When Bertie returns home from dinner at the end of Chapter 6, what does he discover?
7. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
8. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
9. Who does Bertie kiss Pauline in front of?
10. How does Pauline explain her presence at Bertie's cottage?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)