|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
(a) With Pauline's family.
(b) With Sir Roderick.
(c) With Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
(d) With Chuffy.
2. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
(a) Come in for tea.
(b) File a report.
(c) Search his house.
(d) Meet Pauline.
3. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
(a) Bertie's neighbor.
(b) The building manager.
(c) Aunt Agatha.
(d) Sir Roderick.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) The Pride of the Woosters is Wounded.
(b) Without the Option.
(c) Leave it to Jeeves.
(d) Bertie Takes Things in Hand.
5. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn it into a museum.
(b) To turn it into a hospital.
(c) To turn into a hotel.
(d) To turn into an apartment building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pauline go to Bertie's cottage?
2. How does Bertie describe the kiss he gave Pauline?
3. Who is Pauline in London with?
4. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
5. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves admit to doing in Chapter 22?
2. Who is Chuffy? Where does Bertie meet Chuffy in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Bertie think Chuffy is hesitant to confess his feelings to Pauline?
4. Why is Sir Roderick in police custody in Chapter 21?
5. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
6. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
7. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
8. Why is Chapter 10 titled "Another Visitor"?
9. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
10. Why is Chuffy brought to Bertie's shed in Chapter 9?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)