|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pauline's surname?
2. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) With the Stokers.
(b) In London.
(c) In the village.
(d) At Chuffnell Hall.
3. Who comes to retrieve Pauline in Chapter 5?
(b) Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
4. Where does Pauline decide to go in Chapter 10?
(a) Chuffnell Regis.
(b) Back to the yacht.
(c) The police station.
(d) To catch a train.
5. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
(b) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(c) She swam from the yacht.
(d) She directed the yacht there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Bertie kiss Pauline?
2. What has Pauline taken with her for her journey home?
3. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 1?
4. Where do Mr. Stoker and his children stay?
5. What is Bertie's new hobby in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
2. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
3. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
4. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
5. What does Jeeves admit to doing in Chapter 22?
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
7. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
8. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
9. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
10. What does Bertie speak to Jeeves about in Chapter 5?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)