|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Pauline taken with her for her journey home?
(a) One of Bertie's overcoats.
(b) An apple.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) Bertie's bicycle.
2. Who is Sir Roderick engaged to?
(b) Chuffy's aunt.
(c) A romance novelist.
(d) Aunt Agatha's cook.
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Complications Set In.
(b) Bertie Changes His Mind.
(c) The Right Approach.
(d) The Smile that Wins.
4. What is the name of Mr. Stoker's son?
5. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn it into a hospital.
(b) To turn into an apartment building.
(c) To turn into a hotel.
(d) To turn it into a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bertie distressed about Pauline?
2. What does Bertie choose not to reveal to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
3. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of Chuffy's village?
5. What is the title of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where does Jeeves find employment?
2. Where does Bertie live after leaving his flat?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker cancel his deal to purchase Chuffnell Hall?
4. How does Bertie calm Chuffy's jealous after Chuffy finds out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
5. In Chapter 3, what purchase does Chuffy hope Mr. Stoker will make?
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage? Who helped her?
7. Why does Jeeves give Bertie his notice of resignation?
8. Who does Bertie find he will be dining with at lunch in Chapter 3? Who does Bertie discover is engaged?
9. Who are Bertram Wooster and Jeeves?
10. What plan does Bertie come up with to force Chuffy to admit his feelings for Pauline?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)