|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
(a) Encouraging Bertie to court Pauline.
(b) Slipping a sleeping pill in his food.
(c) Fixing the betting scheme.
(d) Helping Bertie escape the yacht.
2. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
(a) For a party.
(b) To find out about Chuffy.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To talk business.
3. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
(a) As restful.
(b) As uncomfortable.
(c) As constantly interrupted.
(d) As blissful.
4. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
5. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
(a) His face is black.
(b) His face is red.
(c) His face is green.
(d) His lips are purple.
6. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
(a) Bertie offends him.
(b) He thinks Bertie is the devil.
(c) So that Brinkley can make a getaway.
(d) He thinks Bertie is a burglar.
7. Why was Pauline arrested?
(a) For breaking into Bertie's cottage.
(b) For armed robbery.
(c) For stealing the constable's hat.
(d) For fraud.
8. Why does Jeeves enter Chuffy's office?
(a) To tidy the desk.
(b) To call a hotel.
(c) To open the curtains.
(d) To collect a shoe shine kit.
9. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) An apology.
(b) An overcoat.
(d) The use of his shed.
10. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
(a) The summer house.
(b) The Dower House.
(c) Chuffnell Regis.
(d) The cottage.
11. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
(a) In a police car.
(b) Outside Bertie's cottage in handcuffs.
(c) Getting directions from the police.
(d) At the police station.
12. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(b) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(c) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(d) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
13. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
14. Who does Jeeves say has argued in Chapter 15?
(a) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(b) Chuffy and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Sir Roderick and Chuffy.
(d) Chuffy and Seabury.
15. What crime does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker was in danger of being charged with?
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
2. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
3. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
4. Who does Brinkley discover and chase away in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Bertie return to his cottage in Chapter 13?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)