|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
(a) As restful.
(b) As constantly interrupted.
(c) As blissful.
(d) As uncomfortable.
2. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) Preparations for Handling Father.
(b) Uneasy Money.
(c) The Man with Two Left Feet.
(d) Something Fresh.
3. Why does Mr. Stoker believe Chuffy wants to marry Pauline?
(a) To get American citizenship.
(b) For political reasons.
(c) For her connections.
(d) For her money.
4. How does Sir Roderick punish Seabury for his revenge?
(a) He locks Seabury in his room.
(b) He spanks Seabury.
(c) He takes away Seabury's bicycle.
(d) He cancels Seabury's hunting party.
5. What does Sir Roderick agree to do to for Seabury in Chapter 15?
(a) Take him to lunch in London.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Imitate the minstrels.
(d) Go fishing.
6. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
(a) Take a tour.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Play billiards.
7. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
(a) Getting directions from the police.
(b) At the police station.
(c) In a police car.
(d) Outside Bertie's cottage in handcuffs.
8. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is appreciative.
9. What does Sir Roderick hope to use to clean his face in Chapter 16?
(a) Vegetable oil.
(b) Soap and water.
(c) Paint thinner.
10. Who does Brinkley discover and chase away in Chapter 16?
(a) Sir Roderick.
11. What does Bertie see a maid leaving on Chuffy's desk?
(a) Legal documents.
(b) The morning paper.
(d) A telegram.
12. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
(a) A croquet ball.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A tobacco tin.
(d) A potato.
13. What does Sir Roderick offer Bertie when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(b) An apology.
(c) A towel.
14. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In a bedroom.
(b) In a stateroom.
(c) In the games room.
(d) In the bathroom.
15. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
(b) Mr. Stoker's valet.
(c) Mr. Stoker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Jeeves give Bertie any butter in Chapter 16?
2. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
3. What does Seabury intend to use to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
4. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
5. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)