|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he has never been engaged before.
(b) That he loves Pauline.
(c) That he is financially secure.
(d) That he is mentally sound.
2. Why was Pauline arrested?
(a) For breaking into Bertie's cottage.
(b) For fraud.
(c) For armed robbery.
(d) For stealing the constable's hat.
3. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie can spend the night?
(a) Bertie's garage.
(b) Chuffnell Regis.
(c) Bertie's shed.
(d) The summer house.
4. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In the garage.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) In bushes.
5. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
(a) Sir Roderick.
6. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In a stateroom.
(b) In the games room.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
7. What does Seabury intend to use to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
(b) A bucket.
(c) A ladder.
(d) Boot polish.
8. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
(a) Bertie offends him.
(b) So that Brinkley can make a getaway.
(c) He thinks Bertie is a burglar.
(d) He thinks Bertie is the devil.
9. Where does Bertie hide within Chuffy's office?
(a) In a cupboard.
(b) Under the desk.
(c) Behind a sofa.
(d) Behind the curtains.
10. Who does Sir Roderick have an argument with after punishing Seabury?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
11. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Love Among the Chickens.
(b) The Gold Bat.
(c) Breakfast-time at the Hall.
(d) A Gentleman of Leisure.
12. Why does Jeeves enter Chuffy's office?
(a) To call a hotel.
(b) To collect a shoe shine kit.
(c) To open the curtains.
(d) To tidy the desk.
13. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
(b) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(c) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(d) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
14. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) The Castaways.
(b) Development of the Butter Situation.
(c) Gala Night.
(d) The Juice of an Orange.
15. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is ecstatic.
(c) He is not happy.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
2. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Brinkley discover and chase away in Chapter 16?
5. What does Jeeves tell Bertie to darken his face with in Chapter 12?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)