|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
(a) The police are there.
(b) He knows it will be uncomfortable.
(c) He is afraid Mr. Stoker will find him there.
(d) He doesn't want to be seen by the villagers.
2. Who does Jeeves say has argued in Chapter 15?
(a) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(b) Chuffy and Seabury.
(c) Chuffy and Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Sir Roderick and Chuffy.
3. What does Sir Roderick agree to do to for Seabury in Chapter 15?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Imitate the minstrels.
(d) Take him to lunch in London.
4. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(b) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(c) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(d) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
5. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
(c) Dwight Stoker.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
6. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
(b) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Chuffy and Pauline.
(d) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
7. Who is Brinkley?
(a) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
(b) Bertie's new valet.
(c) Jeeve's friend.
(d) A local cat burglar.
8. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Starts calling for the police.
(c) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(d) Sets the cottage on fire.
9. After Mr. Stoker leaves, who next comes into Chuffy's office?
(b) Sir Roderick.
10. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
(b) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
(c) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
(d) Chuffy said so.
11. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
(a) A cricket bat.
(b) A chair.
(c) A croquet club.
(d) A knife.
12. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) Under the porch.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In bushes.
(d) In a tree.
13. What does Bertie see a maid leaving on Chuffy's desk?
(a) The morning paper.
(b) A telegram.
(c) Legal documents.
14. How does Sir Roderick punish Seabury for his revenge?
(a) He takes away Seabury's bicycle.
(b) He cancels Seabury's hunting party.
(c) He locks Seabury in his room.
(d) He spanks Seabury.
15. What happens when Sir Roderick encounter's Seabury's method of revenge?
(a) He screams.
(b) He gets soaking wet.
(c) He falls.
(d) He vomits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
2. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
3. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
4. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
5. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)