|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker believe Chuffy wants to marry Pauline?
(a) For her connections.
(b) For political reasons.
(c) To get American citizenship.
(d) For her money.
2. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Jeeves Has News.
(b) Money for Nothing.
(c) Hot Water.
(d) The Girl on the Boat.
3. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
(a) Sir Roderick.
4. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie can spend the night?
(a) The summer house.
(b) Bertie's shed.
(c) Bertie's garage.
(d) Chuffnell Regis.
5. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
(a) A chair.
(b) A croquet club.
(c) A cricket bat.
(d) A knife.
6. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is embarassed.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is appreciative.
(d) He is angry.
7. Who is Brinkley?
(a) Jeeve's friend.
(b) Bertie's new valet.
(c) A local cat burglar.
(d) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
8. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
(a) A book.
(b) One of his friends.
(c) A movie.
(d) A radio program.
9. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(b) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(c) Chuffy and Pauline.
(d) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
10. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) The use of his shed.
(c) An overcoat.
(d) An apology.
11. Why does Jeeves enter Chuffy's office?
(a) To call a hotel.
(b) To collect a shoe shine kit.
(c) To open the curtains.
(d) To tidy the desk.
12. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the table until his plate is clean.
(b) Stay up to listen to the radio.
(c) Attend the minstrel show.
(d) Go to Chuffnell Fegis for the village fête.
13. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
(a) He is against the idea.
(b) He thinks it's a good idea.
(c) He is resigned to it.
(d) He is disgusted by the idea.
14. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
(a) Stay at the inn in Chufnell Regis.
(b) Find Chuffy.
(c) Explain his situation to the police.
(d) Take a train back to London.
15. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In bushes.
(c) In a tree.
(d) Under the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
2. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
3. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
5. Where does Bertie hide within Chuffy's office?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)