|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
(a) Find Chuffy.
(b) Explain his situation to the police.
(c) Take a train back to London.
(d) Stay at the inn in Chufnell Regis.
2. Who does Jeeves say Lady Chuffnell is very worried about?
(b) Mr. Stoker.
(d) Sir Roderick.
3. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie to sleep for the night in Chapter 16?
(a) The summer house.
(b) The Dower House.
(c) The garage.
(d) The stable.
4. Who is Brinkley?
(a) Bertie's new valet.
(b) Jeeve's friend.
(c) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
(d) A local cat burglar.
5. What do Jeeves and Bertie hear as they talk in Chuffy's office?
(a) Glass shattering.
(d) A car horn.
6. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is appreciative.
7. Who does Brinkley discover and chase away in Chapter 16?
(d) Sir Roderick.
8. What crime does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker was in danger of being charged with?
9. Why can't Jeeves give Bertie any butter in Chapter 16?
(a) Jeeves needs it to prepare breakfast.
(b) The Chuffnells are watching him.
(c) Seabury used it all.
(d) The cat has eaten it.
10. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(b) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Chuffy and Pauline.
(d) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
11. What does Bertie realize he needs when he returns to his cottage in Chapter 13?
(a) A towel.
12. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
(a) The Dower House.
(b) The cottage.
(c) The summer house.
(d) Chuffnell Regis.
13. Where does Bertie end up staying the night in Chapter 16?
(a) In his car.
(b) The summer house.
(c) On the Chuffnell Hall porch.
(d) The Dower House.
14. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) Development of the Butter Situation.
(b) Gala Night.
(c) The Castaways.
(d) The Juice of an Orange.
15. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
(a) When he collects some from the cottage.
(b) When more comes in the morning.
(c) When the Chuffnells have retired for the evening.
(d) When Seabury returns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker believe Chuffy wants to marry Pauline?
2. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
3. What is the title of Chapter 20?
4. Who is shocked by Bertie's appearance when he reaches Chuffnell Hall in Chapter 13?
5. After Mr. Stoker leaves, who next comes into Chuffy's office?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)