|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is embarassed.
(b) He is appreciative.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
2. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(b) Mr. Stoker.
(d) Sir Roderick.
3. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
(a) Bertie's banjolele hobby.
(b) The rumors about Bertie.
(c) Chuffy's financial situation.
(d) English customs.
4. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
(a) A croquet club.
(b) A chair.
(c) A knife.
(d) A cricket bat.
5. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Starts calling for the police.
(b) Sets the cottage on fire.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Locks himself in the bedroom.
6. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
(a) His lips are purple.
(b) His face is red.
(c) His face is black.
(d) His face is green.
7. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A minstrel group.
(b) A brass band.
(c) A magician.
(d) A clown.
8. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
9. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In a bedroom.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the games room.
(d) In a stateroom.
10. What does Bertie realize he needs when he returns to his cottage in Chapter 13?
(d) A towel.
11. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(b) The use of his shed.
(c) An apology.
(d) An overcoat.
12. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
(b) Chuffy said so.
(c) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
(d) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
13. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the table until his plate is clean.
(b) Go to Chuffnell Fegis for the village fête.
(c) Stay up to listen to the radio.
(d) Attend the minstrel show.
14. Who does Brinkley discover and chase away in Chapter 16?
(d) Sir Roderick.
15. Why can't Jeeves give Bertie any butter in Chapter 16?
(a) The Chuffnells are watching him.
(b) Jeeves needs it to prepare breakfast.
(c) Seabury used it all.
(d) The cat has eaten it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
2. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
3. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
4. Who is Brinkley?
5. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)