|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
(a) Chuffy's financial situation.
(b) The rumors about Bertie.
(c) Bertie's banjolele hobby.
(d) English customs.
2. What does Bertie realize he needs when he returns to his cottage in Chapter 13?
(a) A towel.
3. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(b) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
(c) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Chuffy and Pauline.
4. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
(a) To find out about Chuffy.
(b) To talk business.
(c) For a party.
(d) For dinner.
5. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
(a) So that Brinkley can make a getaway.
(b) Bertie offends him.
(c) He thinks Bertie is a burglar.
(d) He thinks Bertie is the devil.
6. What does Seabury intend to use to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
(a) A bucket.
(b) Boot polish.
(c) A ladder.
7. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
(a) A letter.
(b) A gift.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A parcel.
8. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
(a) A potato.
(b) A croquet ball.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A tobacco tin.
9. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he is mentally sound.
(b) That he is financially secure.
(c) That he loves Pauline.
(d) That he has never been engaged before.
10. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
(a) He is disgusted by the idea.
(b) He thinks it's a good idea.
(c) He is resigned to it.
(d) He is against the idea.
11. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(b) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(c) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(d) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
12. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
(a) Mr. Stoker's valet.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
13. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(b) Falls down the stairs.
(c) Starts calling for the police.
(d) Sets the cottage on fire.
14. What does Bertie see a maid leaving on Chuffy's desk?
(b) Legal documents.
(c) A telegram.
(d) The morning paper.
15. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) An apology.
(b) An overcoat.
(d) The use of his shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 17?
2. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker believe Chuffy wants to marry Pauline?
4. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
5. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)