|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(b) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(c) Chuffy and Pauline.
(d) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
2. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) Something Fresh.
(b) Preparations for Handling Father.
(c) Uneasy Money.
(d) The Man with Two Left Feet.
3. Who does Jeeves say has argued in Chapter 15?
(a) Sir Roderick and Chuffy.
(b) Chuffy and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Chuffy and Seabury.
(d) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
4. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
(b) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
(c) Chuffy said so.
(d) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Jeeves Has News.
(b) Money for Nothing.
(c) Hot Water.
(d) The Girl on the Boat.
6. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
(a) The rumors about Bertie.
(b) Bertie's banjolele hobby.
(c) English customs.
(d) Chuffy's financial situation.
7. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is not happy.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He is confused.
8. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
(a) At the police station.
(b) Outside Bertie's cottage in handcuffs.
(c) In a police car.
(d) Getting directions from the police.
9. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
(b) Sir Roderick.
10. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) To punish Pauline.
(b) To save her reputation.
(c) Bertie is wealthy.
(d) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
11. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
(a) Encouraging Bertie to court Pauline.
(b) Fixing the betting scheme.
(c) Helping Bertie escape the yacht.
(d) Slipping a sleeping pill in his food.
12. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
(a) Jeeve's mysterious behavior.
(b) Sir Roderick's disappearance.
(c) Mr. Stoker's desire for Bertie to marry Pauline.
(d) Lady Chuffnell's financial situation.
13. Who is shocked by Bertie's appearance when he reaches Chuffnell Hall in Chapter 13?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
(c) A maid.
14. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) Under the porch.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In bushes.
15. Who does Jeeves say Lady Chuffnell is very worried about?
(b) Mr. Stoker.
(c) Sir Roderick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
2. What does Sir Roderick hope to use to clean his face in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Bertie hide within Chuffy's office?
4. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
5. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)