|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Breakfast-time at the Hall.
(b) Love Among the Chickens.
(c) A Gentleman of Leisure.
(d) The Gold Bat.
2. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
(b) Sir Roderick.
3. Who is Brinkley?
(a) Jeeve's friend.
(b) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
(c) A local cat burglar.
(d) Bertie's new valet.
4. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Jeeves Has News.
(b) The Girl on the Boat.
(c) Hot Water.
(d) Money for Nothing.
5. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
(b) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
(c) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
(d) Chuffy said so.
6. What must Bertie admit when Sir Roderick asks to go to his cottage?
(a) That it burned down.
(b) That he can't find the way there in the dark.
(c) That he has lost the key.
(d) That Brinkley will be there.
7. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
8. What does Bertie see a maid leaving on Chuffy's desk?
(b) A telegram.
(c) Legal documents.
(d) The morning paper.
9. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the table until his plate is clean.
(b) Stay up to listen to the radio.
(c) Go to Chuffnell Fegis for the village fête.
(d) Attend the minstrel show.
10. What do Jeeves and Bertie hear as they talk in Chuffy's office?
(a) A car horn.
(c) Glass shattering.
11. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) The Butter Situation.
(b) The Voice from the Past.
(c) Open House.
(d) Monkey Business.
12. After Mr. Stoker leaves, who next comes into Chuffy's office?
(c) Sir Roderick.
13. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A magician.
(b) A brass band.
(c) A clown.
(d) A minstrel group.
14. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) In bushes.
15. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(c) Mr. Stoker.
(d) Sir Roderick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
2. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
3. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
4. Why was Pauline arrested?
5. What does Seabury intend to use to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)