|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
(a) Fixing the betting scheme.
(b) Encouraging Bertie to court Pauline.
(c) Slipping a sleeping pill in his food.
(d) Helping Bertie escape the yacht.
2. After Mr. Stoker leaves, who next comes into Chuffy's office?
(c) Sir Roderick.
3. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
(a) He doesn't want to be seen by the villagers.
(b) The police are there.
(c) He is afraid Mr. Stoker will find him there.
(d) He knows it will be uncomfortable.
4. What is Brinkley doing when Bertie encounters him at the cottage?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Chasing a cat.
(c) Cleaning the kitchen.
(d) Overturning furniture.
5. What does Sir Roderick agree to do to for Seabury in Chapter 15?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Imitate the minstrels.
(c) Take him to lunch in London.
(d) Go fishing.
6. Who is Brinkley?
(a) Jeeve's friend.
(b) Bertie's new valet.
(c) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
(d) A local cat burglar.
7. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
(b) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(c) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(d) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
8. What must Bertie admit when Sir Roderick asks to go to his cottage?
(a) That it burned down.
(b) That Brinkley will be there.
(c) That he can't find the way there in the dark.
(d) That he has lost the key.
9. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he loves Pauline.
(b) That he is financially secure.
(c) That he is mentally sound.
(d) That he has never been engaged before.
10. Who does Jeeves say Lady Chuffnell is very worried about?
(b) Sir Roderick.
(c) Mr. Stoker.
11. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
(a) He is disgusted by the idea.
(b) He is resigned to it.
(c) He is against the idea.
(d) He thinks it's a good idea.
12. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
13. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In a bedroom.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the games room.
(d) In a stateroom.
14. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
(a) When Seabury returns it.
(b) When he collects some from the cottage.
(c) When the Chuffnells have retired for the evening.
(d) When more comes in the morning.
15. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
(a) Sir Roderick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
2. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
3. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
4. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
5. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)