|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brinkley?
(a) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
(b) Bertie's new valet.
(c) Jeeve's friend.
(d) A local cat burglar.
2. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) An apology.
(c) The use of his shed.
(d) An overcoat.
3. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
(b) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
(c) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
(d) Chuffy said so.
4. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) Monkey Business.
(b) The Butter Situation.
(c) Open House.
(d) The Voice from the Past.
5. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
(a) A book.
(b) A radio program.
(c) One of his friends.
(d) A movie.
6. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
(a) The rumors about Bertie.
(b) English customs.
(c) Bertie's banjolele hobby.
(d) Chuffy's financial situation.
7. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
(a) A parcel.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A gift.
8. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
(a) His lips are purple.
(b) His face is red.
(c) His face is green.
(d) His face is black.
9. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(b) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
(c) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(d) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
10. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Sets the cottage on fire.
(b) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Starts calling for the police.
11. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
(a) He knows it will be uncomfortable.
(b) He doesn't want to be seen by the villagers.
(c) He is afraid Mr. Stoker will find him there.
(d) The police are there.
12. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
(a) Explain his situation to the police.
(b) Take a train back to London.
(c) Stay at the inn in Chufnell Regis.
(d) Find Chuffy.
13. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is appreciative.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is embarassed.
14. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
(b) Play billiards.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Take a tour.
15. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(b) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
(c) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(d) Chuffy and Pauline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
2. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
3. What does Bertie realize he needs when he returns to his cottage in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
5. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)