|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) To save her reputation.
(b) Bertie is wealthy.
(c) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
(d) To punish Pauline.
2. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
(a) Chuffnell Regis.
(b) The cottage.
(c) The summer house.
(d) The Dower House.
3. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To talk business.
(c) To find out about Chuffy.
(d) For a party.
4. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
(a) A gift.
(b) A letter.
(c) A parcel.
(d) A telegram.
5. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
6. After Mr. Stoker leaves, who next comes into Chuffy's office?
(c) Sir Roderick.
7. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
(a) One of his friends.
(b) A movie.
(c) A radio program.
(d) A book.
8. Who is shocked by Bertie's appearance when he reaches Chuffnell Hall in Chapter 13?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
(b) A maid.
9. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he is financially secure.
(b) That he is mentally sound.
(c) That he has never been engaged before.
(d) That he loves Pauline.
10. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
(b) Dwight Stoker.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
11. What does Sir Roderick offer Bertie when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) An apology.
(c) A towel.
12. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
(a) The police are there.
(b) He doesn't want to be seen by the villagers.
(c) He is afraid Mr. Stoker will find him there.
(d) He knows it will be uncomfortable.
13. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
(a) When the Chuffnells have retired for the evening.
(b) When Seabury returns it.
(c) When more comes in the morning.
(d) When he collects some from the cottage.
14. Where does Bertie hide within Chuffy's office?
(a) Behind a sofa.
(b) In a cupboard.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) Under the desk.
15. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In bushes.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) In the garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
2. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
3. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie can spend the night?
4. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
5. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)