|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertie return to his cottage in Chapter 13?
(a) To fetch his banjolele.
(b) To find his valet.
(c) To look for Chuffy.
(d) To clean his face.
2. Why can't Jeeves give Bertie any butter in Chapter 16?
(a) Seabury used it all.
(b) The Chuffnells are watching him.
(c) The cat has eaten it.
(d) Jeeves needs it to prepare breakfast.
3. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Chuffy and Pauline.
(b) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
(d) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
4. How does Sir Roderick punish Seabury for his revenge?
(a) He takes away Seabury's bicycle.
(b) He locks Seabury in his room.
(c) He cancels Seabury's hunting party.
(d) He spanks Seabury.
5. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
(c) Dwight Stoker.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
6. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he is mentally sound.
(b) That he is financially secure.
(c) That he has never been engaged before.
(d) That he loves Pauline.
7. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
(a) A movie.
(b) A book.
(c) One of his friends.
(d) A radio program.
8. What does Bertie realize he needs when he returns to his cottage in Chapter 13?
(c) A towel.
9. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Stay up to listen to the radio.
(b) Leave the table until his plate is clean.
(c) Go to Chuffnell Fegis for the village fête.
(d) Attend the minstrel show.
10. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
(a) Outside Bertie's cottage in handcuffs.
(b) Getting directions from the police.
(c) At the police station.
(d) In a police car.
11. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
(a) Mr. Stoker's desire for Bertie to marry Pauline.
(b) Lady Chuffnell's financial situation.
(c) Jeeve's mysterious behavior.
(d) Sir Roderick's disappearance.
12. What does Sir Roderick agree to do to for Seabury in Chapter 15?
(a) Take him to lunch in London.
(b) Imitate the minstrels.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Go fishing.
13. Who is shocked by Bertie's appearance when he reaches Chuffnell Hall in Chapter 13?
(a) A maid.
(c) Lady Chuffnell.
14. Where does Bertie end up staying the night in Chapter 16?
(a) On the Chuffnell Hall porch.
(b) The summer house.
(c) The Dower House.
(d) In his car.
15. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
(a) His face is green.
(b) His face is red.
(c) His lips are purple.
(d) His face is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
2. What does Seabury intend to use to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
3. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
4. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
5. What is the title of Chapter 14?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)