|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
(a) To talk business.
(b) For dinner.
(c) For a party.
(d) To find out about Chuffy.
2. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A parcel.
(d) A gift.
3. What does Jeeves tell Bertie to darken his face with in Chapter 12?
(a) India ink.
(b) Oil paint.
(c) Boot polish.
4. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is appreciative.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is embarassed.
5. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) Bertie is wealthy.
(b) To punish Pauline.
(c) To save her reputation.
(d) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
6. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Chuffy said so.
(b) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
(c) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
(d) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
7. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
(a) When Seabury returns it.
(b) When he collects some from the cottage.
(c) When the Chuffnells have retired for the evening.
(d) When more comes in the morning.
8. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In the games room.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In a stateroom.
(d) In a bedroom.
9. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Stay up to listen to the radio.
(b) Go to Chuffnell Fegis for the village fête.
(c) Leave the table until his plate is clean.
(d) Attend the minstrel show.
10. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
(a) Sir Roderick.
11. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A minstrel group.
(b) A clown.
(c) A brass band.
(d) A magician.
12. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) Gala Night.
(b) The Castaways.
(c) The Juice of an Orange.
(d) Development of the Butter Situation.
13. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(c) Mr. Stoker.
(d) Sir Roderick.
14. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
(a) A radio program.
(b) A book.
(c) One of his friends.
(d) A movie.
15. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
(a) He is disgusted by the idea.
(b) He is resigned to it.
(c) He thinks it's a good idea.
(d) He is against the idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brinkley?
2. Where does Bertie end up staying the night in Chapter 16?
3. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
4. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Sir Roderick have an argument with after punishing Seabury?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)