|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) To save her reputation.
(b) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
(c) To punish Pauline.
(d) Bertie is wealthy.
2. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A minstrel group.
(b) A brass band.
(c) A clown.
(d) A magician.
3. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
(a) Take a tour.
(b) Play cards.
(d) Play billiards.
4. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In the games room.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a stateroom.
5. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
(a) He is not happy.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is ecstatic.
6. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
(a) Fixing the betting scheme.
(b) Helping Bertie escape the yacht.
(c) Slipping a sleeping pill in his food.
(d) Encouraging Bertie to court Pauline.
7. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(b) Sets the cottage on fire.
(c) Starts calling for the police.
(d) Falls down the stairs.
8. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Stoker.
(d) Dwight Stoker.
9. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
(a) A croquet club.
(b) A knife.
(c) A chair.
(d) A cricket bat.
10. How does Sir Roderick punish Seabury for his revenge?
(a) He takes away Seabury's bicycle.
(b) He cancels Seabury's hunting party.
(c) He locks Seabury in his room.
(d) He spanks Seabury.
11. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) Gala Night.
(b) The Castaways.
(c) Development of the Butter Situation.
(d) The Juice of an Orange.
12. What do Jeeves and Bertie hear as they talk in Chuffy's office?
(b) A car horn.
(d) Glass shattering.
13. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
(a) Mr. Stoker's valet.
(c) Mr. Stoker.
14. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Leave the table until his plate is clean.
(b) Stay up to listen to the radio.
(c) Go to Chuffnell Fegis for the village fête.
(d) Attend the minstrel show.
15. When does Jeeves say he can give Bertie some butter?
(a) When more comes in the morning.
(b) When the Chuffnells have retired for the evening.
(c) When Seabury returns it.
(d) When he collects some from the cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker was in danger of being charged with?
2. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
3. What is the title of Chapter 20?
4. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
5. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)