|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
(a) A gift.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A letter.
(d) A parcel.
2. Who does Jeeves say has argued in Chapter 15?
(a) Sir Roderick and Chuffy.
(b) Chuffy and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(d) Chuffy and Seabury.
3. Why can't Jeeves give Bertie any butter in Chapter 16?
(a) Seabury used it all.
(b) The Chuffnells are watching him.
(c) Jeeves needs it to prepare breakfast.
(d) The cat has eaten it.
4. Who is Brinkley?
(a) The Chuffnell Hall butler.
(b) Bertie's new valet.
(c) A local cat burglar.
(d) Jeeve's friend.
5. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
(a) He is disgusted by the idea.
(b) He is resigned to it.
(c) He is against the idea.
(d) He thinks it's a good idea.
6. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
(b) Dwight Stoker.
(c) Mr. Stoker.
7. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is appreciative.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is embarassed.
8. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie can spend the night?
(a) Chuffnell Regis.
(b) Bertie's shed.
(c) The summer house.
(d) Bertie's garage.
9. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(b) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
(c) Chuffy and Pauline.
(d) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
10. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is not happy.
(d) He is ecstatic.
11. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(b) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(c) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(d) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
12. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
(a) Mr. Stoker's valet.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
13. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
(a) Chuffnell Regis.
(b) The summer house.
(c) The cottage.
(d) The Dower House.
14. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A brass band.
(b) A minstrel group.
(c) A clown.
(d) A magician.
15. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
(a) Slipping a sleeping pill in his food.
(b) Encouraging Bertie to court Pauline.
(c) Helping Bertie escape the yacht.
(d) Fixing the betting scheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker was in danger of being charged with?
2. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
3. Who does Sir Roderick have an argument with after punishing Seabury?
4. What is the title of Chapter 14?
5. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)