|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeves tell Bertie to darken his face with in Chapter 12?
(a) India ink.
(b) Boot polish.
(d) Oil paint.
2. After Mr. Stoker leaves, who next comes into Chuffy's office?
(c) Sir Roderick.
3. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) Open House.
(b) The Voice from the Past.
(c) The Butter Situation.
(d) Monkey Business.
4. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
(a) Getting directions from the police.
(b) Outside Bertie's cottage in handcuffs.
(c) At the police station.
(d) In a police car.
5. Where does Bertie end up staying the night in Chapter 16?
(a) In his car.
(b) The Dower House.
(c) On the Chuffnell Hall porch.
(d) The summer house.
6. What is Brinkley doing when Bertie encounters him at the cottage?
(a) Overturning furniture.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Chasing a cat.
(d) Cleaning the kitchen.
7. What do Jeeves and Bertie hear as they talk in Chuffy's office?
(a) Glass shattering.
(b) A car horn.
8. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie can spend the night?
(a) Bertie's shed.
(b) The summer house.
(c) Chuffnell Regis.
(d) Bertie's garage.
9. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
(c) Sir Roderick.
10. What does Bertie offer Sir Roderick when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) An apology.
(b) The use of his shed.
(d) An overcoat.
11. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is embarassed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is appreciative.
12. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
(a) Explain his situation to the police.
(b) Take a train back to London.
(c) Find Chuffy.
(d) Stay at the inn in Chufnell Regis.
13. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In a bedroom.
(b) In the games room.
(c) In a stateroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
14. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
(a) Chuffy likes to see Mr. Stoker suffer.
(b) Chuffy doesn't think Mr. Stoker deserves his inheritance.
(c) Chuffy will be able to solve the problem for Mr. Stoker.
(d) It puts Chuffy on equal economic footing with the Stokers.
15. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He is not happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
2. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
3. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
4. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
5. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)