|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chuffy try to convince Mr. Stoker of in Chapter 20?
(a) That he is financially secure.
(b) That he has never been engaged before.
(c) That he is mentally sound.
(d) That he loves Pauline.
2. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
(a) Lady Chuffnell's financial situation.
(b) Jeeve's mysterious behavior.
(c) Mr. Stoker's desire for Bertie to marry Pauline.
(d) Sir Roderick's disappearance.
3. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
(a) So that Brinkley can make a getaway.
(b) Bertie offends him.
(c) He thinks Bertie is the devil.
(d) He thinks Bertie is a burglar.
4. What must Bertie admit when Sir Roderick asks to go to his cottage?
(a) That it burned down.
(b) That Brinkley will be there.
(c) That he can't find the way there in the dark.
(d) That he has lost the key.
5. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
(d) Sir Roderick.
6. What does Sir Roderick agree to do to for Seabury in Chapter 15?
(a) Take him to lunch in London.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Imitate the minstrels.
(d) Go fishing.
7. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(c) Sets the cottage on fire.
(d) Starts calling for the police.
8. What does Bertie realize he needs when he returns to his cottage in Chapter 13?
(d) A towel.
9. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A magician.
(b) A clown.
(c) A minstrel group.
(d) A brass band.
10. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
11. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie can spend the night?
(a) Bertie's garage.
(b) Bertie's shed.
(c) The summer house.
(d) Chuffnell Regis.
12. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the games room.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a stateroom.
13. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
(a) A tobacco tin.
(b) A potato.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A croquet ball.
14. What do Jeeves and Bertie hear as they talk in Chuffy's office?
(a) Glass shattering.
(b) A car horn.
15. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
(d) Lady Chuffnell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brinkley?
2. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of doing?
3. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
4. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie to sleep for the night in Chapter 16?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)