|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Sir Roderick and Lady Chuffnell.
(b) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
(c) Sir Roderick and Mr. Stoker.
(d) Chuffy and Pauline.
2. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
(a) Bertie offends him.
(b) He thinks Bertie is a burglar.
(c) So that Brinkley can make a getaway.
(d) He thinks Bertie is the devil.
3. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Money for Nothing.
(b) Hot Water.
(c) Jeeves Has News.
(d) The Girl on the Boat.
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Breakfast-time at the Hall.
(b) The Gold Bat.
(c) A Gentleman of Leisure.
(d) Love Among the Chickens.
5. Who does Jeeves say has argued in Chapter 15?
(a) Chuffy and Seabury.
(b) Chuffy and Lady Chuffnell.
(c) Sir Roderick and Chuffy.
(d) Sir Roderick and Seabury.
6. What does Sir Roderick offer Bertie when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
(a) An apology.
(d) A towel.
7. Who is performing at the birthday party?
(a) A magician.
(b) A minstrel group.
(c) A clown.
(d) A brass band.
8. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
(a) Chuffy said so.
(b) Pauline had Bertie's overcoat.
(c) Bertie smelled of Pauline's perfume.
(d) Mr. Stoker saw the note Pauline had written.
9. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Stoker.
(c) Dwight Stoker.
10. Why was Pauline arrested?
(a) For breaking into Bertie's cottage.
(b) For fraud.
(c) For armed robbery.
(d) For stealing the constable's hat.
11. After Mr. Stoker leaves, who next comes into Chuffy's office?
(a) Sir Roderick.
12. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
(a) A croquet ball.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A tobacco tin.
(d) A potato.
13. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(c) Starts calling for the police.
(d) Sets the cottage on fire.
14. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
(a) The summer house.
(b) Chuffnell Regis.
(c) The cottage.
(d) The Dower House.
15. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
(a) As constantly interrupted.
(b) As uncomfortable.
(c) As blissful.
(d) As restful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
2. What does Sir Roderick hope to use to clean his face in Chapter 16?
3. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
4. What is Brinkley doing when Bertie encounters him at the cottage?
5. What was Seabury not permitted to do in Chapter 15?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)