|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker was in danger of being charged with?
2. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
(d) Lady Chuffnell.
3. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie to sleep for the night in Chapter 16?
(a) The Dower House.
(b) The stable.
(c) The summer house.
(d) The garage.
4. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
(a) Under the porch.
(b) In bushes.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In a tree.
5. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
(a) A book.
(b) One of his friends.
(c) A radio program.
(d) A movie.
6. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
(a) To save her reputation.
(b) Bertie is wealthy.
(c) To punish Pauline.
(d) So that Pauline can't marry Chuffy.
7. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
(a) Jeeve's mysterious behavior.
(b) Mr. Stoker's desire for Bertie to marry Pauline.
(c) Lady Chuffnell's financial situation.
(d) Sir Roderick's disappearance.
8. What happens when Sir Roderick encounter's Seabury's method of revenge?
(a) He falls.
(b) He gets soaking wet.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He screams.
9. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A croquet club.
(c) A chair.
(d) A cricket bat.
10. Why was Pauline arrested?
(a) For armed robbery.
(b) For fraud.
(c) For breaking into Bertie's cottage.
(d) For stealing the constable's hat.
11. At the end of Chapter 20, who seems to have been arrested?
(c) Sir Roderick.
12. Who does Jeeves say Lady Chuffnell is very worried about?
(b) Sir Roderick.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
13. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
(a) He thinks it's a good idea.
(b) He is against the idea.
(c) He is resigned to it.
(d) He is disgusted by the idea.
14. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
(a) So that Brinkley can make a getaway.
(b) Bertie offends him.
(c) He thinks Bertie is the devil.
(d) He thinks Bertie is a burglar.
15. Why does Jeeves enter Chuffy's office?
(a) To open the curtains.
(b) To call a hotel.
(c) To collect a shoe shine kit.
(d) To tidy the desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Roderick punish Seabury for his revenge?
2. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
3. Who is shocked by Bertie's appearance when he reaches Chuffnell Hall in Chapter 13?
4. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
5. Why does Mr. Stoker believe Chuffy wants to marry Pauline?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)