|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
(a) With Sir Roderick.
(b) With Chuffy.
(c) With Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
(d) With Pauline's family.
2. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
(a) The valet's bedroom.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The sitting room.
3. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
(a) To Bertie's sitting room.
(b) To Chuffnell Hall.
(c) To Bertie's bedroom.
(d) To the hospital.
4. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into an apartment building.
(b) To turn it into a museum.
(c) To turn it into a hospital.
(d) To turn into a hotel.
5. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 1?
(a) Sir Roderick.
(b) His building manager.
(c) Aunt Dahlia.
6. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
(a) They are old school chums.
(b) They competed in polo competitions together.
(c) They met at the Drones Club.
(d) They are distant cousins.
7. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) To provoke Sir Roderick.
(b) To tease Pauline.
(c) Chuffy dares him to.
(d) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
8. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
(a) A passionate one.
(b) An affectionate one.
(c) An awkward one.
(d) A slobbery one.
9. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(b) Sir Roderick.
(c) Lady Chuffnell.
10. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
(b) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(c) She directed the yacht there.
(d) She swam from the yacht.
11. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) The Smile that Wins.
(b) The Right Approach.
(c) Bertie Changes His Mind.
(d) Complications Set In.
12. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
(a) Feeding the swans.
(b) Talking quietly.
(c) Playing croquet.
(d) Arguing about politics.
13. What does Bertie do as Chuffy removes his boots?
(a) Rolls off the bed.
(b) Lies still.
(c) Pretends to snore.
14. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
(a) They are school friends.
(b) They are strangers.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are relatives.
15. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
(a) A romantic mood.
(b) Pauline telling Chuffy he should.
(c) Mr. Stokers decision to buy Chuffy's estate.
(d) Bertie's pep talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
2. What does Bertie ask Jeeves to do in Chapter 5?
3. What is the title of Chapter 5?
4. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
5. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)