|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 9?
(a) A Letter of Introduction.
(b) Sir Roderick Comes To Lunch.
(c) The Love That Purifies.
(d) Lovers' Meetings.
2. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
(b) To tease Pauline.
(c) Chuffy dares him to.
(d) To provoke Sir Roderick.
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Bertie Changes His Mind.
(b) The Smile that Wins.
(c) The Right Approach.
(d) Complications Set In.
4. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
5. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
(a) To a cricket match.
(b) To lunch.
6. What is Bertie's new hobby in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing the harpsicord.
(b) Playing the banjolele.
(c) Playing the sitar.
(d) Playing the violone.
7. What is Pauline wearing when Bertie finds her after returning from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Bertie's pajamas.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A ballgown.
(d) Her brother's clothes.
8. What is Pauline's surname?
9. Who does Pauline say helped her at the cottage?
(d) A policeman.
10. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
(a) Because Chuffy has had his heart broken many times.
(b) Because he isn't handsome.
(c) Because Pauline and Bertie courted.
(d) Because he lacks money.
11. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
(a) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
(b) His aunt's estate.
(c) His cottage.
(d) The garden.
12. What does Chuffy accuse Bertie of in Chapter 6?
(a) Sabotaging the property deal.
(b) Kissing Pauline.
(c) Plotting with Jeeves.
(d) Insulting Pauline.
13. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
(a) The sitting room.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The valet's bedroom.
14. What is the name of Mr. Stoker's son?
15. Who is Pauline in London with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 1?
2. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
3. If Bertie's plan goes well, what emotion does he expect Chuffy to display?
4. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
5. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)