|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
(a) Tell him something.
(b) Sneak up behind him.
(c) Give him a hug.
(d) Pretend she didn't see him.
2. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
(a) Chuffy sides with Bertie, not her.
(b) Chuffy didn't tell her that Bertie is staying in the cottage.
(c) Chuffy assumes that she is having an affair with Bertie.
(d) Chuffy has no sympathy for Bertie.
3. Who sees Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
(b) Mr. Stoker.
(c) Sir Roderick.
4. What is the name of Chuffy's village?
(c) Chuffnell Regis.
(d) Chuffnell Dale.
5. What has Pauline taken with her for her journey home?
(a) An apple.
(b) Bertie's bicycle.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) One of Bertie's overcoats.
6. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
(a) They are strangers.
(b) They are school friends.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are relatives.
7. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
(a) Mr. Stokers decision to buy Chuffy's estate.
(b) Pauline telling Chuffy he should.
(c) A romantic mood.
(d) Bertie's pep talk.
8. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
(a) With Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
(b) With Chuffy.
(c) With Sir Roderick.
(d) With Pauline's family.
9. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Sir Roderick.
10. Where does Pauline decide to go in Chapter 10?
(a) Back to the yacht.
(b) The police station.
(c) To catch a train.
(d) Chuffnell Regis.
11. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
12. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) Sir Roderick.
(c) His aunt.
13. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
(a) Sir Roderick.
(b) Aunt Agatha.
(c) The building manager.
(d) Bertie's neighbor.
14. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) An empty bottle of gin.
(b) A key.
(c) A note.
(d) A spider.
15. Where has Bertie chosen to dine in Chapter 4?
(a) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
(b) His cottage.
(c) His aunt's estate.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
2. What is the title of Chapter 5?
3. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
5. Who is Jeeves?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)