|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) Chuffy dares him to.
(b) To provoke Sir Roderick.
(c) To tease Pauline.
(d) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
2. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
(a) An awkward one.
(b) A slobbery one.
(c) An affectionate one.
(d) A passionate one.
3. Why is Bertie distressed about Pauline?
(a) He heard Pauline is out to get him.
(b) Pauline is ill.
(c) He is afraid of running into Pauline.
(d) He owes Pauline money.
4. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
(a) Give him a hug.
(b) Tell him something.
(c) Pretend she didn't see him.
(d) Sneak up behind him.
5. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) On the forehead.
(b) On the lips.
(c) On the cheek.
(d) On the hand.
6. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
(a) Come in for tea.
(b) File a report.
(c) Search his house.
(d) Meet Pauline.
7. How does Chuffy feel when he find out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
8. Who is Seabury?
(a) Chuffy's butler.
(b) Chuffy's cousin.
(c) Bertie's godson.
(d) Chuffy's brother.
9. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Jeeves and the Hard-boiled Egg.
(b) Jeeves Gives Notice.
(c) Jeeves and the Impending Doom.
(d) Jeeves Exerts the Old Cerebellum.
10. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
(a) Sheet music.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A drink.
(d) A blanket.
11. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) Portrait of a Disciplinarian.
(b) Another Visitor.
(c) Came the Dawn.
(d) Honeysuckle Cottage.
12. How much money has Pauline's father inherited?
(a) Ten million dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Thirty million dollars.
(d) Fifty million dollars.
13. Where do Mr. Stoker and his children stay?
(a) On their yacht.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In one of Chuffy's cottages.
(d) In the summer house.
14. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) A spider.
(b) A key.
(c) A note.
(d) An empty bottle of gin.
15. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) The Pride of the Woosters is Wounded.
(b) Without the Option.
(c) Leave it to Jeeves.
(d) Bertie Takes Things in Hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Roderick engaged to?
2. What title does Chuffy bear?
3. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
4. What is Pauline's surname?
5. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)