|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(b) Sir Roderick.
(d) Lady Chuffnell.
2. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) An empty bottle of gin.
(b) A note.
(c) A spider.
(d) A key.
3. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
(a) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
(b) The garden.
(c) His aunt's estate.
(d) His cottage.
4. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) On the lips.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) On the forehead.
(d) On the hand.
5. Who is Jeeves?
(a) A valet.
(b) A chef.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A handyman.
6. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Bertie Changes His Mind.
(b) The Right Approach.
(c) The Smile that Wins.
(d) Complications Set In.
7. What title does Chuffy bear?
8. How much money has Pauline's father inherited?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Ten million dollars.
(c) Fifty million dollars.
(d) Thirty million dollars.
9. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A room.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A plot of land.
10. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into an apartment building.
(b) To turn it into a hospital.
(c) To turn into a hotel.
(d) To turn it into a museum.
11. What has Pauline taken with her for her journey home?
(a) One of Bertie's overcoats.
(b) An apple.
(c) Bertie's bicycle.
(d) A flashlight.
12. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In his bed.
(b) Waiting outside the cottage.
(c) At his desk.
(d) In his kitchen.
13. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) They met at the Drones Club.
(c) They competed in polo competitions together.
(d) They are old school chums.
14. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In the village.
(b) With the Stokers.
(c) At Chuffnell Hall.
(d) In London.
15. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She swam from the yacht.
(b) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(c) She directed the yacht there.
(d) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
2. What is the title of Chapter 9?
3. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
4. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
5. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)