|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
(b) His aunt.
(c) Aunt Agatha.
(d) Sir Roderick.
2. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Roderick.
(b) Lady Chuffnell.
3. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She directed the yacht there.
(b) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
(c) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(d) She swam from the yacht.
4. What does Bertie ask Jeeves to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Put a flower on Pauline's pillow.
(b) Lock Chuffy in the bathroom.
(c) Send Chuffy and Pauline outside after lunch.
(d) Set Seabury's rowboat adrift.
5. What is Bertie's new hobby in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing the harpsicord.
(b) Playing the banjolele.
(c) Playing the sitar.
(d) Playing the violone.
6. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
(a) Because Pauline and Bertie courted.
(b) Because he isn't handsome.
(c) Because he lacks money.
(d) Because Chuffy has had his heart broken many times.
7. What does Bertie realize when Pauline speaks to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
(a) Pauline loves Chuffy.
(b) Pauline is nicer than she used to be.
(c) Pauline dislikes Chuffy.
(d) Pauline treats Chuffy like a brother.
8. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A plot of land.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A room.
9. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) Came the Dawn.
(b) Another Visitor.
(c) Portrait of a Disciplinarian.
(d) Honeysuckle Cottage.
10. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) Sir Roderick.
(c) The building manager.
(d) Bertie's neighbor.
11. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) The Pride of the Woosters is Wounded.
(b) Bertie Takes Things in Hand.
(c) Leave it to Jeeves.
(d) Without the Option.
12. How much money has Pauline's father inherited?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Ten million dollars.
(c) Fifty million dollars.
(d) Thirty million dollars.
13. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into an apartment building.
(b) To turn it into a museum.
(c) To turn it into a hospital.
(d) To turn into a hotel.
14. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
(a) His neighbors are making too much noise.
(b) His apartment is undergoing renovations.
(c) He refuses to give up his new hobby.
(d) He doesn't want to run into Pauline.
15. Who does Pauline say helped her at the cottage?
(a) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
2. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
3. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
4. What does Bertie have trouble doing after Pauline leaves the cottage?
5. What title does Chuffy bear?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)