|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
(a) Jeeves has prepared him a tonic.
(b) Chuffy has built a fire.
(c) Pauline is gone.
(d) The mess has been cleaned up.
2. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
(a) He can't leave London.
(b) He does not want to be homeless.
(c) He has received a better employment offer.
(d) He cannot tolerate Bertie's new hobby.
3. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) Sir Roderick.
(c) His aunt.
4. Where does Bertie first go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed?
(a) His sofa.
(b) His car.
(c) Chuffnell Hall.
(d) The shed.
5. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
(a) Chuffy sides with Bertie, not her.
(b) Chuffy has no sympathy for Bertie.
(c) Chuffy assumes that she is having an affair with Bertie.
(d) Chuffy didn't tell her that Bertie is staying in the cottage.
6. What is Bertie's surname?
7. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
(a) Tell him something.
(b) Sneak up behind him.
(c) Pretend she didn't see him.
(d) Give him a hug.
8. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
(a) To lunch.
(c) To a cricket match.
9. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
(a) An awkward one.
(b) A slobbery one.
(c) An affectionate one.
(d) A passionate one.
10. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
(a) He finds structural faults in the building.
(b) Chuffy refuses to reduce his asking price.
(c) Seabury and Mr. Stoker's son fight.
(d) Chuffy inadvertently insults Americans.
11. What does Bertie have trouble doing after Pauline leaves the cottage?
(a) Tidying up the cottage.
(b) Forgetting about Chuffy's unkind words.
(c) Playing his banjolele.
12. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
(a) How he knows the Stokers.
(b) How to convince Mr. Stoker to buy the estate.
(c) What he should do to impress Pauline.
(d) If he still loves Pauline.
13. Where has Bertie chosen to dine in Chapter 4?
(a) His cottage.
(b) The garden.
(c) His aunt's estate.
(d) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
14. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In his bed.
(b) Waiting outside the cottage.
(c) In his kitchen.
(d) At his desk.
15. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into a hotel.
(b) To turn it into a museum.
(c) To turn into an apartment building.
(d) To turn it into a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
2. How much money has Pauline's father inherited?
3. What is Pauline's surname?
4. Who is Jeeves?
5. What is the title of Chapter 5?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)