|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 9?
(a) Lovers' Meetings.
(b) A Letter of Introduction.
(c) Sir Roderick Comes To Lunch.
(d) The Love That Purifies.
2. How does Bertie describe the kiss he gave Pauline?
(a) As brotherly.
(b) As innocent.
(c) As a joke.
(d) As accidental.
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Re-enter the Dead Past.
(b) The Custody of the Pumpkin.
(c) Sleepy Time.
(d) Birth of a Salesman.
4. What does Bertie have trouble doing after Pauline leaves the cottage?
(a) Playing his banjolele.
(b) Tidying up the cottage.
(d) Forgetting about Chuffy's unkind words.
5. Where does Bertie first go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed?
(a) His car.
(b) Chuffnell Hall.
(c) His sofa.
(d) The shed.
6. Where is Pauline's family from?
7. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage?
(a) She broke a window.
(b) A window was open.
(c) She has a key.
(d) Through the open door.
8. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
(a) They are relatives.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are strangers.
(d) They are school friends.
9. Who comes to retrieve Pauline in Chapter 5?
(a) Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
10. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
(a) How he knows the Stokers.
(b) What he should do to impress Pauline.
(c) How to convince Mr. Stoker to buy the estate.
(d) If he still loves Pauline.
11. How does Chuffy feel when he find out about Bertie's engagement to Pauline?
12. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
(a) The garden.
(b) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
(c) His aunt's estate.
(d) His cottage.
13. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(b) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
(c) She swam from the yacht.
(d) She directed the yacht there.
14. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) Portrait of a Disciplinarian.
(b) Came the Dawn.
(c) Another Visitor.
(d) Honeysuckle Cottage.
15. Who is Jeeves?
(a) A valet.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A handyman.
(d) A chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Chuffy bear?
2. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
4. What does the constable who brings Chuffy to the scene believe is wrong with Bertie?
5. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 1?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)