|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Pauline taken with her for her journey home?
(a) Bertie's bicycle.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) An apple.
(d) One of Bertie's overcoats.
2. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
(a) The building manager.
(b) Aunt Agatha.
(c) Sir Roderick.
(d) Bertie's neighbor.
3. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
(a) Pauline is gone.
(b) The mess has been cleaned up.
(c) Jeeves has prepared him a tonic.
(d) Chuffy has built a fire.
4. What does the constable who brings Chuffy to the scene believe is wrong with Bertie?
(a) Bertie is hallucinating.
(b) Bertie is sleepwalking.
(c) Bertie is ill.
(d) Bertie is drunk.
5. Who is Sir Roderick engaged to?
(a) A romance novelist.
(b) Aunt Agatha's cook.
(c) Chuffy's aunt.
6. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
(a) His shed.
(b) Chuffnell Hall.
(c) His sofa.
(d) His car.
7. Who is Pauline in London with?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
8. What does Bertie say to calm Chuffy in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Stoker would never accept Chuffy.
(b) That there are plenty of other girls in the world.
(c) That Bertie isn't in love with Pauline.
(d) That Chuffy is too young to get married anyway.
9. Who does Pauline say helped her at the cottage?
(c) A policeman.
10. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
(b) To a cricket match.
(c) To lunch.
11. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
(a) The sitting room.
(b) The valet's bedroom.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The kitchen.
12. What does Bertie realize when Pauline speaks to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
(a) Pauline treats Chuffy like a brother.
(b) Pauline loves Chuffy.
(c) Pauline dislikes Chuffy.
(d) Pauline is nicer than she used to be.
13. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
(a) A romantic mood.
(b) Pauline telling Chuffy he should.
(c) Bertie's pep talk.
(d) Mr. Stokers decision to buy Chuffy's estate.
14. Where do Mr. Stoker and his children stay?
(a) On their yacht.
(b) In one of Chuffy's cottages.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In the summer house.
15. What title does Chuffy bear?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
2. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
4. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
5. What does Bertie have trouble doing after Pauline leaves the cottage?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)