|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie choose not to reveal to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
(a) That Pauline cheated on him.
(b) That Sir Roderick wants to buy Chuffnell Hall.
(c) That he was engaged to Pauline.
(d) That Mr. Stoker has no interest in the property.
2. What title does Chuffy bear?
3. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
4. What does Bertie say to calm Chuffy in Chapter 6?
(a) That there are plenty of other girls in the world.
(b) That Bertie isn't in love with Pauline.
(c) That Chuffy is too young to get married anyway.
(d) That Mr. Stoker would never accept Chuffy.
5. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
(a) A slobbery one.
(b) An affectionate one.
(c) A passionate one.
(d) An awkward one.
6. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
(a) To Bertie's sitting room.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Chuffnell Hall.
(d) To Bertie's bedroom.
7. Who is Sir Roderick engaged to?
(a) Aunt Agatha's cook.
(b) A romance novelist.
(c) Chuffy's aunt.
8. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage?
(a) She has a key.
(b) Through the open door.
(c) A window was open.
(d) She broke a window.
9. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) Another Visitor.
(b) Portrait of a Disciplinarian.
(c) Came the Dawn.
(d) Honeysuckle Cottage.
10. What is the name of Chuffy's village?
(a) Chuffnell Regis.
(c) Chuffnell Dale.
11. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
(a) They are school friends.
(b) They are relatives.
(c) They are strangers.
(d) They are enemies.
12. Who is Pauline in London with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
13. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
(a) What he should do to impress Pauline.
(b) How to convince Mr. Stoker to buy the estate.
(c) If he still loves Pauline.
(d) How he knows the Stokers.
14. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
(a) Sneak up behind him.
(b) Give him a hug.
(c) Tell him something.
(d) Pretend she didn't see him.
15. Where is Pauline's family from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
2. Where has Bertie chosen to dine in Chapter 4?
3. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
4. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
5. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)