|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The valet's bedroom.
(d) The cellar.
2. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
(a) A slobbery one.
(b) An awkward one.
(c) A passionate one.
(d) An affectionate one.
3. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Chuffnell Hall.
(c) To Bertie's bedroom.
(d) To Bertie's sitting room.
4. Who is Pauline in London with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What does Bertie do as Chuffy removes his boots?
(b) Pretends to snore.
(c) Lies still.
(d) Rolls off the bed.
6. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Sleepy Time.
(b) Re-enter the Dead Past.
(c) Birth of a Salesman.
(d) The Custody of the Pumpkin.
7. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) To tease Pauline.
(b) Chuffy dares him to.
(c) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
(d) To provoke Sir Roderick.
8. What is the name of Chuffy's estate?
(a) Chuffnell Court.
(b) Chuffnell Hall.
(c) Chuffnell Castle.
(d) Chuffnell House.
9. What does Bertie choose not to reveal to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
(a) That Sir Roderick wants to buy Chuffnell Hall.
(b) That Mr. Stoker has no interest in the property.
(c) That Pauline cheated on him.
(d) That he was engaged to Pauline.
10. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
(a) His sofa.
(b) His shed.
(c) His car.
(d) Chuffnell Hall.
11. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
(a) His aunt.
(c) Aunt Agatha.
(d) Sir Roderick.
12. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In his kitchen.
(c) At his desk.
(d) Waiting outside the cottage.
13. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) With the Stokers.
(b) At Chuffnell Hall.
(c) In the village.
(d) In London.
14. What is Bertie's surname?
15. What is Bertie's new hobby in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing the banjolele.
(b) Playing the sitar.
(c) Playing the violone.
(d) Playing the harpsicord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
2. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
3. Who is Pauline?
4. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)