|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
(a) Bertie is hallucinating.
(b) Bertie is ill.
(c) Bertie is sleepwalking.
(d) Bertie is drunk.
2. Who is Jeeves?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A chef.
(c) A handyman.
(d) A valet.
3. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
(a) They competed in polo competitions together.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) They met at the Drones Club.
(d) They are old school chums.
4. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into an apartment building.
(b) To turn it into a museum.
(c) To turn into a hotel.
(d) To turn it into a hospital.
5. Who is the Author of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
(a) Dorothy L. Sayers.
(b) Edgar Rice Burroughs.
(c) P. G. Wodehouse.
(d) Agatha Christie.
6. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) On the lips.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) On the forehead.
(d) On the hand.
7. What does Chuffy accuse Bertie of in Chapter 6?
(a) Kissing Pauline.
(b) Plotting with Jeeves.
(c) Sabotaging the property deal.
(d) Insulting Pauline.
8. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(c) Sir Roderick.
(d) Lady Chuffnell.
9. What does Bertie say to calm Chuffy in Chapter 6?
(a) That Chuffy is too young to get married anyway.
(b) That Bertie isn't in love with Pauline.
(c) That Mr. Stoker would never accept Chuffy.
(d) That there are plenty of other girls in the world.
10. Who comes to retrieve Pauline in Chapter 5?
(c) Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Mr. Stoker.
11. What is Pauline wearing when Bertie finds her after returning from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) Bertie's pajamas.
(c) Her brother's clothes.
(d) A ballgown.
12. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
(a) Search his house.
(b) Come in for tea.
(c) File a report.
(d) Meet Pauline.
13. Where does Pauline decide to go in Chapter 10?
(a) Back to the yacht.
(b) To catch a train.
(c) The police station.
(d) Chuffnell Regis.
14. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) A key.
(b) A spider.
(c) An empty bottle of gin.
(d) A note.
15. What does Bertie ask Jeeves to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Send Chuffy and Pauline outside after lunch.
(b) Lock Chuffy in the bathroom.
(c) Put a flower on Pauline's pillow.
(d) Set Seabury's rowboat adrift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
2. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
3. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
4. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)