|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
(a) Because he lacks money.
(b) Because Pauline and Bertie courted.
(c) Because Chuffy has had his heart broken many times.
(d) Because he isn't handsome.
2. Where has Bertie chosen to dine in Chapter 4?
(a) His cottage.
(b) His aunt's estate.
(c) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
(d) The garden.
3. What is Pauline wearing when Bertie finds her after returning from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her brother's clothes.
(b) Bertie's pajamas.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A ballgown.
4. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Jeeves Exerts the Old Cerebellum.
(b) Jeeves and the Impending Doom.
(c) Jeeves Gives Notice.
(d) Jeeves and the Hard-boiled Egg.
5. What is Pauline's surname?
6. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn it into a hospital.
(b) To turn into an apartment building.
(c) To turn it into a museum.
(d) To turn into a hotel.
7. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
(a) Feeding the swans.
(b) Playing croquet.
(c) Arguing about politics.
(d) Talking quietly.
8. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
(a) Chuffy refuses to reduce his asking price.
(b) Seabury and Mr. Stoker's son fight.
(c) He finds structural faults in the building.
(d) Chuffy inadvertently insults Americans.
9. What does Bertie have trouble doing after Pauline leaves the cottage?
(a) Playing his banjolele.
(c) Forgetting about Chuffy's unkind words.
(d) Tidying up the cottage.
10. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) Chuffy dares him to.
(b) To provoke Sir Roderick.
(c) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
(d) To tease Pauline.
11. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) The Smile that Wins.
(b) Complications Set In.
(c) The Right Approach.
(d) Bertie Changes His Mind.
12. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
(a) Pauline is gone.
(b) Chuffy has built a fire.
(c) Jeeves has prepared him a tonic.
(d) The mess has been cleaned up.
13. What is the title of Chapter 9?
(a) Lovers' Meetings.
(b) Sir Roderick Comes To Lunch.
(c) The Love That Purifies.
(d) A Letter of Introduction.
14. Who is Chuffy about to have lunch with?
(a) His aunt.
(b) Sir Roderick.
(c) Aunt Agatha.
15. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
(a) Bertie is drunk.
(b) Bertie is ill.
(c) Bertie is hallucinating.
(d) Bertie is sleepwalking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
2. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
3. What is the title of Chapter 10?
4. What has Pauline taken with her for her journey home?
5. Who is Jeeves?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)