|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the police come to Bertie's cottage in Chapter 8?
(a) They are checking for an intruder.
(b) To assist Pauline.
(c) They saw suspicious smoke.
(d) To welcome Bertie to the area.
2. Who is Jeeves?
(a) A valet.
(b) A handyman.
(c) A chef.
(d) A secretary.
3. What does Bertie ask Jeeves to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Lock Chuffy in the bathroom.
(b) Put a flower on Pauline's pillow.
(c) Send Chuffy and Pauline outside after lunch.
(d) Set Seabury's rowboat adrift.
4. Where does Pauline decide to go in Chapter 10?
(a) Back to the yacht.
(b) The police station.
(c) Chuffnell Regis.
(d) To catch a train.
5. What does Pauline try to do when she sees Bertie in Chapter 6?
(a) Sneak up behind him.
(b) Tell him something.
(c) Pretend she didn't see him.
(d) Give him a hug.
6. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) At his desk.
(c) Waiting outside the cottage.
(d) In his bed.
7. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
(a) He can't leave London.
(b) He does not want to be homeless.
(c) He has received a better employment offer.
(d) He cannot tolerate Bertie's new hobby.
8. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(c) Sir Roderick.
(d) Lady Chuffnell.
9. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) On the cheek.
(b) On the lips.
(c) On the hand.
(d) On the forehead.
10. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
(a) With Pauline's family.
(b) With Sir Roderick.
(c) With Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
(d) With Chuffy.
11. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
(a) Because Chuffy has had his heart broken many times.
(b) Because Pauline and Bertie courted.
(c) Because he lacks money.
(d) Because he isn't handsome.
12. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
(a) Chuffy refuses to reduce his asking price.
(b) He finds structural faults in the building.
(c) Seabury and Mr. Stoker's son fight.
(d) Chuffy inadvertently insults Americans.
13. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Complications Set In.
(b) The Smile that Wins.
(c) Bertie Changes His Mind.
(d) The Right Approach.
14. Who knocks on Bertie's door in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Stoker.
(c) The police.
(d) Sir Roderick.
15. Who is Seabury?
(a) Chuffy's butler.
(b) Chuffy's cousin.
(c) Chuffy's brother.
(d) Bertie's godson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Bertie kiss Pauline?
2. Who is Pauline in London with?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
5. What is the name of Mr. Stoker's son?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)