|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
(a) He refuses to give up his new hobby.
(b) He doesn't want to run into Pauline.
(c) His neighbors are making too much noise.
(d) His apartment is undergoing renovations.
2. What does Chuffy accuse Bertie of in Chapter 6?
(a) Plotting with Jeeves.
(b) Kissing Pauline.
(c) Sabotaging the property deal.
(d) Insulting Pauline.
3. Which room did Pauline enter the cottage by?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The valet's bedroom.
4. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) On the forehead.
(b) On the hand.
(c) On the cheek.
(d) On the lips.
5. Who is Seabury?
(a) Chuffy's cousin.
(b) Chuffy's brother.
(c) Chuffy's butler.
(d) Bertie's godson.
6. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
(a) An awkward one.
(b) A passionate one.
(c) An affectionate one.
(d) A slobbery one.
7. What does Bertie ask Jeeves to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Send Chuffy and Pauline outside after lunch.
(b) Set Seabury's rowboat adrift.
(c) Put a flower on Pauline's pillow.
(d) Lock Chuffy in the bathroom.
8. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
(a) A Drone's Club member.
(b) Pauline's cousin.
(c) The mayor's son.
(d) One of Sir Roderick's patients.
9. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A drink.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Sheet music.
10. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
(a) Jeeves has prepared him a tonic.
(b) Chuffy has built a fire.
(c) Pauline is gone.
(d) The mess has been cleaned up.
11. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Chuffnell Hall.
(c) To Bertie's bedroom.
(d) To Bertie's sitting room.
12. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
(a) With Sir Roderick.
(b) With Chuffy.
(c) With Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
(d) With Pauline's family.
13. What does Bertie do as Chuffy removes his boots?
(a) Pretends to snore.
(b) Rolls off the bed.
(c) Lies still.
14. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Roderick.
(b) Lady Chuffnell.
15. Why does Pauline become angry with Chuffy?
(a) Chuffy has no sympathy for Bertie.
(b) Chuffy assumes that she is having an affair with Bertie.
(c) Chuffy sides with Bertie, not her.
(d) Chuffy didn't tell her that Bertie is staying in the cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
2. Why is Bertie distressed about Pauline?
3. Why does Bertie think Chuffy hesitates reveal his feelings to Pauline?
4. What is the title of Chapter 6?
5. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)