|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the police come to Bertie's cottage in Chapter 8?
(a) To welcome Bertie to the area.
(b) They are checking for an intruder.
(c) To assist Pauline.
(d) They saw suspicious smoke.
2. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage?
(a) Through the open door.
(b) She has a key.
(c) She broke a window.
(d) A window was open.
3. Where is Pauline's family from?
4. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(b) She directed the yacht there.
(c) She swam from the yacht.
(d) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
5. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
(a) He can't leave London.
(b) He cannot tolerate Bertie's new hobby.
(c) He has received a better employment offer.
(d) He does not want to be homeless.
6. Who has Pauline's father inherited money from?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His grandfather.
7. For what purpose does Chuffy hope Pauline's father will buy his estate?
(a) To turn into a hotel.
(b) To turn it into a hospital.
(c) To turn it into a museum.
(d) To turn into an apartment building.
8. What is the name of Chuffy's estate?
(a) Chuffnell Hall.
(b) Chuffnell Castle.
(c) Chuffnell House.
(d) Chuffnell Court.
9. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) The building manager.
(c) Sir Roderick.
(d) Bertie's neighbor.
10. What does the constable who brings Chuffy to the scene believe is wrong with Bertie?
(a) Bertie is ill.
(b) Bertie is hallucinating.
(c) Bertie is sleepwalking.
(d) Bertie is drunk.
11. Why did Pauline go to Bertie's cottage?
(a) To look for Jeeves.
(b) To find something to wear.
(c) To drop off a gift.
(d) To get something to eat.
12. Where does Seabury invite Bertie to go?
(a) To a cricket match.
(c) To lunch.
13. What is the name of Mr. Stoker's son?
14. Where has Bertie chosen to dine in Chapter 4?
(a) The garden.
(b) His cottage.
(c) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
(d) His aunt's estate.
15. If Bertie's plan goes well, what emotion does he expect Chuffy to display?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 1?
2. What is the title of Chapter 6?
3. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
4. What does Bertie choose not to reveal to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
5. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)