|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
(a) He does not want to be homeless.
(b) He can't leave London.
(c) He has received a better employment offer.
(d) He cannot tolerate Bertie's new hobby.
2. Why does Bertie decide to kiss Pauline?
(a) To tease Pauline.
(b) To provoke Sir Roderick.
(c) To provoke Chuffy into revealing his feelings
(d) Chuffy dares him to.
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) Jeeves Exerts the Old Cerebellum.
(b) Jeeves and the Hard-boiled Egg.
(c) Jeeves and the Impending Doom.
(d) Jeeves Gives Notice.
4. How does Bertie know Chuffy?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) They competed in polo competitions together.
(c) They met at the Drones Club.
(d) They are old school chums.
5. Why have the police come to Bertie's cottage in Chapter 8?
(a) They are checking for an intruder.
(b) To assist Pauline.
(c) To welcome Bertie to the area.
(d) They saw suspicious smoke.
6. Where does Bertie go to sleep after being disturbed by the police?
(a) His shed.
(b) His sofa.
(c) Chuffnell Hall.
(d) His car.
7. What does Bertie not allow the police to do?
(a) Come in for tea.
(b) Meet Pauline.
(c) Search his house.
(d) File a report.
8. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
(a) A Drone's Club member.
(b) The mayor's son.
(c) One of Sir Roderick's patients.
(d) Pauline's cousin.
9. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In London.
(b) With the Stokers.
(c) In the village.
(d) At Chuffnell Hall.
10. What encouraged Chuffy to ask Pauline to marry him?
(a) Pauline telling Chuffy he should.
(b) Bertie's pep talk.
(c) Mr. Stokers decision to buy Chuffy's estate.
(d) A romantic mood.
11. What does Bertie say to calm Chuffy in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Stoker would never accept Chuffy.
(b) That Chuffy is too young to get married anyway.
(c) That there are plenty of other girls in the world.
(d) That Bertie isn't in love with Pauline.
12. Who does Mr. Stoker argue with before leaving in Chapter 6?
(b) Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Sir Roderick.
13. Why did Pauline sneak away from her father?
(a) To see Chuffy.
(b) To attend a party.
(c) To go to the village.
(d) To see Bertie.
14. How did Pauline get to Bertie's cottage?
(a) She jumped from the yacht to the shore.
(b) She swam from the yacht.
(c) She directed the yacht there.
(d) She took a rowboat from the yacht.
15. What is the name of Chuffy's village?
(a) Chuffnell Regis.
(d) Chuffnell Dale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Pauline's father inherited?
2. Where does Bertie kiss Pauline?
3. What relationship do Bertie and Sir Roderick have?
4. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
5. Where does Bertie first go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)