|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After checking on Bertie with the police, where does Chuffy take him?
(a) To Chuffnell Hall.
(b) To Bertie's sitting room.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To Bertie's bedroom.
2. What does Bertie ask to rent from Chuffy?
(a) A room.
(b) A plot of land.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A cottage.
3. What does Chuffy ask Bertie in Chapter 4?
(a) If he still loves Pauline.
(b) What he should do to impress Pauline.
(c) How to convince Mr. Stoker to buy the estate.
(d) How he knows the Stokers.
4. Who sees Bertie kiss Pauline?
(a) Mr. Stoker.
(c) Lady Chuffnell.
(d) Sir Roderick.
5. What title does Chuffy bear?
6. Who is Bertie's downstairs neighbor?
(a) Pauline's cousin.
(b) A Drone's Club member.
(c) One of Sir Roderick's patients.
(d) The mayor's son.
7. Where does Bertie find Pauline when he returns from dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In his bed.
(b) Waiting outside the cottage.
(c) In his kitchen.
(d) At his desk.
8. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Birth of a Salesman.
(b) The Custody of the Pumpkin.
(c) Sleepy Time.
(d) Re-enter the Dead Past.
9. Why does Mr. Stoker call off the property deal?
(a) Chuffy inadvertently insults Americans.
(b) He finds structural faults in the building.
(c) Chuffy refuses to reduce his asking price.
(d) Seabury and Mr. Stoker's son fight.
10. What is Bertie's new hobby in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing the harpsicord.
(b) Playing the banjolele.
(c) Playing the violone.
(d) Playing the sitar.
11. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Complications Set In.
(b) The Right Approach.
(c) The Smile that Wins.
(d) Bertie Changes His Mind.
12. What does the constable who brings Chuffy to the scene believe is wrong with Bertie?
(a) Bertie is ill.
(b) Bertie is sleepwalking.
(c) Bertie is hallucinating.
(d) Bertie is drunk.
13. To which character does the title of Chapter 4 refer?
14. Who comes to Bertie's apartment to tell him to give up his new hobby?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) The building manager.
(c) Sir Roderick.
(d) Bertie's neighbor.
15. Who is Sir Roderick engaged to?
(a) A romance novelist.
(b) Chuffy's aunt.
(c) Aunt Agatha's cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage?
2. What does Bertie choose not to reveal to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
4. Where does Bertie first go to sleep since Pauline is in his bed?
5. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)