|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie realize when Pauline speaks to Chuffy in Chapter 4?
(a) Pauline dislikes Chuffy.
(b) Pauline loves Chuffy.
(c) Pauline is nicer than she used to be.
(d) Pauline treats Chuffy like a brother.
2. Where does Bertie learn Jeeves has found employment?
(a) With Chuffy.
(b) With Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
(c) With Sir Roderick.
(d) With Pauline's family.
3. What does Bertie say to calm Chuffy in Chapter 6?
(a) That Bertie isn't in love with Pauline.
(b) That Mr. Stoker would never accept Chuffy.
(c) That Chuffy is too young to get married anyway.
(d) That there are plenty of other girls in the world.
4. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Complications Set In.
(b) The Smile that Wins.
(c) Bertie Changes His Mind.
(d) The Right Approach.
5. What does Bertie find on his desk?
(a) A spider.
(b) An empty bottle of gin.
(c) A note.
(d) A key.
6. How did Pauline get into Bertie's cottage?
(a) She has a key.
(b) A window was open.
(c) Through the open door.
(d) She broke a window.
7. What does Chuffy think is wrong with Bertie in Chapter 9?
(a) Bertie is ill.
(b) Bertie is hallucinating.
(c) Bertie is sleepwalking.
(d) Bertie is drunk.
8. What kind of kiss does Bertie give Pauline?
(a) An awkward one.
(b) An affectionate one.
(c) A passionate one.
(d) A slobbery one.
9. Where has Bertie decided against dining in Chapter 4?
(a) The garden.
(b) His cottage.
(c) His aunt's estate.
(d) Chuffnell Hall's dining room.
10. Who is Sir Roderick engaged to?
(b) Chuffy's aunt.
(c) Aunt Agatha's cook.
(d) A romance novelist.
11. Where does Bertie have dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) In the village.
(b) In London.
(c) At Chuffnell Hall.
(d) With the Stokers.
12. If Bertie's plan goes well, what emotion does he expect Chuffy to display?
13. Why does Bertie move out of his apartment in Chapter 1?
(a) His apartment is undergoing renovations.
(b) He refuses to give up his new hobby.
(c) He doesn't want to run into Pauline.
(d) His neighbors are making too much noise.
14. Why does Jeeves resign from his position?
(a) He has received a better employment offer.
(b) He cannot tolerate Bertie's new hobby.
(c) He can't leave London.
(d) He does not want to be homeless.
15. In Chapter 6, what does Jeeves say Chuffy and Pauline were doing after lunch?
(a) Arguing about politics.
(b) Feeding the swans.
(c) Playing croquet.
(d) Talking quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Bertie chosen to dine in Chapter 4?
2. What does Bertie go downstairs to get in Chapter 10?
3. Who is Pauline in London with?
4. What is Bertie relieved to see when he is back in the cottage?
5. Who is the Author of "Thank You, Jeeves"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)