* Bertie is distressed because his ex-fiancÃ©e, Pauline Stoker and mortal enemy Sir Roderick Glossop are in London together with Pauline's father.
* Sir Roderick comes to Bertie's flat to tell him to stop playing his banjolele because it is distressing Bertie's downstairs neighbor.
* Bertie refuses to give up his banjolele and Jeeves gives notice of his resignation as a result.
* Bertie runs into his school chum, Chuffy. Bertie rents one of Chuffy's cottages at Chuffnell Hall.
* Chuffy hires Jeeves to work at Chuffnell Hall.
* Having settled into his cottage, Bertie goes for lunch at Chuffnell Hall and finds the Stokers and Sire Roderick are there.
* Sir Roderick is engaged to Chuffy's aunt, the Dowager Lady Chuffnell.
* Chuffy tells Bertie he hopes Mr. Stoker will buy Chuffnell Hall with money he just inherited from his uncle.
* Bertie opts not to tell Chuffy that he and...
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)