|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aharon's son move so he can attend school?
2. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
3. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
4. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
5. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the point of view utilized by Aleichem in his stories. How does the type of narration and point of view affect the pacing of the plot and engage the reader? Make sure and specific textual examples to support your assertions.
Essay Topic 2
How does Aleichem reveal motives of protagonists in his stories? Using at least three different examples, discuss how Aleichem reveals the motives of the narrators and how those motives strengthen the characterizations.
Essay Topic 3
How does Aleichem depict the social issue of the unfair Russian drafting of Jews in his stories and what stance does Aleichem make about the concept?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)