Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
2. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
3. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
4. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
Essay Topic 1
How can the plot of Tevye and his family be seen as a paradigm of the fate of the Russian Jewry around the turn of the century?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aleichem establish money as a literary symbol in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories" and what abstract meanings are represented by it?
Essay Topic 3
How is God portrayed in this book, specifically, and how is the relationship between God and man elucidated through the character of Tevye?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)