Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
2. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
3. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
4. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
Essay Topic 1
What type of dramatic or narrative structure does Aleichem utilize in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories"? How is this structure unique and how does it contribute to the establishment of themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aleichem reveal motives of protagonists in his stories? Using at least three different examples, discuss how Aleichem reveals the motives of the narrators and how those motives strengthen the characterizations.
Essay Topic 3
How does Aleichem utilize the literary technique of periphrasis throughout the novel to create believable narrators? How does this inclusion of periphrasis affect the pacing and tone of the stories?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)