|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Danielschik request so he can buy the beer hall and billiard parlor?
2. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
3. Which is NOT one of professions that Danielschik attempts to apprentice for?
4. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
5. Where does Moshke claim to be when his store burns down?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of greed displayed in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories"? Use at least three textual examples to show what commentary Aleichem is making about this theme.
Essay Topic 2
How does Aleichem use the literary tool of dialogue to introduce new characters and establish themes? Is he effective in its use, why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories", much focus is given to the issues of right versus wrong. Using specific characters and situations, discuss how Aleichem highlights this dichotomy and specifically how the idea of right versus wrong relates to being piously religious or irreligious.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)