|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
2. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
3. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
4. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
5. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Aleichem establish the theme of fate in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories", and how does concept of fate differ between different characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aleichem utilize the literary tool of metaphor to establish the theme of good versus evil throughout "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories"?
Essay Topic 3
How does Aleichem utilize the literary technique of periphrasis throughout the novel to create believable narrators? How does this inclusion of periphrasis affect the pacing and tone of the stories?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)