Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
2. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
3. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
4. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
How can the plot of Tevye and his family be seen as a paradigm of the fate of the Russian Jewry around the turn of the century?
How can the character of Tevye be seen as an permutation of the biblical character of Job and how has Aleichem fostered this comparison through Tevye's experiences and outlook?
How does Aleichem establish the theme of fate in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories", and how does concept of fate differ between different characters in the book?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)