Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
2. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
3. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
4. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
Essay Topic 1
How does Aleichem draw attention to the generation gap between youth and their parents in this book, and what developments in the plot arise from the misunderstandings between generations?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the point of view utilized by Aleichem in his stories. How does the type of narration and point of view affect the pacing of the plot and engage the reader? Make sure and specific textual examples to support your assertions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of setting within "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories". Make sure to discuss at least three different settings and how the descriptions of those settings are integral in the development of the themes and characters.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)