|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
2. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
3. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
4. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(b) They were given a tax break.
(c) It was an easy way to make money.
(d) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
5. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
2. What does Dovid do for a living for Brodky?
3. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
4. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
5. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Danielchik.
2. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
3. What do the pogrom rioters find when they arrive at Heysen?
4. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
5. Describe the appearance of Motek.
6. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
7. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
8. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
9. How does Motek describe his line of work?
10. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)