|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(b) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
(c) He gives him a kiss.
(d) He writes him a thank you letter.
2. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
(a) He accidentily sees it while making deliveries.
(b) He has a close friend who is a Christian that gives it to him.
(c) He does not reveal how he sees the telegram.
(d) He owns a printshop and is connected to officials.
3. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(b) St. Petersburg.
4. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His ebony cane.
(b) His diamond ring.
(c) His thick billfold.
(d) His gold pocketwatch.
5. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
2. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
3. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
4. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
5. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
2. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
3. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
4. Why does the 60-year-old man tell the narrator a long story about how someone was tricked out of money playing cards?
5. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
6. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
7. Describe the appearance of Danielchik.
8. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
9. How does Motek describe his line of work?
10. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)