|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the rich man who dies in Fated for Misfortune?
2. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The Drozhne relief fund.
(b) The local orphanage.
(c) The local emigration fund.
(d) The Avelikz education fund.
3. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
4. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim he beat her to death.
(b) The claim she died of hunger.
(c) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(d) They claim she committed suicide.
5. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
2. How much money does Danielschik request so he can buy the beer hall and billiard parlor?
3. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
4. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
5. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
2. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
3. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
4. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
5. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
6. How does Danielchik treat others as a child?
7. What type of relationship does Yoyl have with his neighbor Kompanyevitch?
8. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
9. How was Motek able to emigrate to Buenos Aires?
10. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)