|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) A wife.
(b) His childhood home.
(c) His missing brother.
(d) A loyal dog.
2. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
(a) She was his niece through marriage.
(b) She was his second cousin.
(c) She was not related to him.
(d) She was his cousin.
3. What does Dovid do for a living for Brodky?
(a) He runs a factory.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is a gardener.
(d) He is a torah reader in the synagogue.
4. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim he beat her to death.
(b) They claim she committed suicide.
(c) The claim she died of hunger.
(d) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
5. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
2. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
3. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
4. Where does Moshke claim to be when his store burns down?
5. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
2. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
3. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
4. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
5. Describe the appearance of Motek.
6. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
7. What does the Jewish holiday of Sukkos celebrate?
8. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
9. How does Danielchik treat others as a child?
10. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)