|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
2. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
3. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
(b) He wears no coat, only a heavy sweater.
4. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
(a) He travels up the line.
(b) He visits friends in Heysen.
(c) He hires a coach to take him to St. Petersburg.
(d) Back to his home.
5. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They did not know each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
2. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
3. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
4. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
5. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
2. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
3. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
4. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
5. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
6. What type of relationship does Yoyl have with his neighbor Kompanyevitch?
7. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
8. Why does the 60-year-old man tell the narrator a long story about how someone was tricked out of money playing cards?
9. What does the Jewish holiday of Sukkos celebrate?
10. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)