|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
(a) They hide.
(b) They offer bribes.
(c) The plan to attack before they are attacked.
(d) The completely leave town.
2. How much money does Danielschik request so he can buy the beer hall and billiard parlor?
(a) Five hundred forty-four rubles.
(b) Four hundred sixty-two rubles.
(c) One hundred ninety-six rubles.
(d) Two hundred twenty-three rubles.
3. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
(a) He travels up the line.
(b) He spends the holiday with friends in Heysen.
(c) He is taken to jail for starting the locamotive.
(d) He returns home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
2. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
3. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
4. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
5. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
2. Describe the appearance of Motek.
3. How was Motek able to emigrate to Buenos Aires?
4. What does the Jewish holiday of Sukkos celebrate?
5. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
6. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
7. Describe the appearance of Danielchik.
8. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
9. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
10. What type of relationship does Yoyl have with his neighbor Kompanyevitch?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)