|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
2. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
(a) The police take a disliking to Dovid.
(b) Dovid confesses.
(c) They had switched identities.
(d) Moyshe-Nachman bribes the police officers.
3. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(b) Wait for help.
(c) Pull the brake.
(d) Make a jump for it.
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The Drozhne relief fund.
(b) The Avelikz education fund.
(c) The local orphanage.
(d) The local emigration fund.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
2. How did Etke die?
3. How does the train eventually stop?
4. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
5. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
2. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
3. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
4. How does Motek describe his line of work?
5. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
6. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
7. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
8. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
9. What type of relationship does Yoyl have with his neighbor Kompanyevitch?
10. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)