|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of professions that Danielschik attempts to apprentice for?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A watchmaker.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A tailer.
2. What does Dovid do for a living for Brodky?
(a) He is a torah reader in the synagogue.
(b) He is a gardener.
(c) He runs a factory.
(d) He is an accountant.
3. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
(a) He has a close friend who is a Christian that gives it to him.
(b) He does not reveal how he sees the telegram.
(c) He accidentily sees it while making deliveries.
(d) He owns a printshop and is connected to officials.
4. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were given a tax break.
(b) It was an easy way to make money.
(c) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(d) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
5. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
2. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
3. How much the narrator pay for the dowry of the girl as fiduciary in Fated for Misfortune.
4. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
5. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
2. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
3. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
4. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
5. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
6. What does the Jewish holiday of Sukkos celebrate?
7. How was Motek able to emigrate to Buenos Aires?
8. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
9. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
10. Describe the appearance of Motek.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)