|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
(a) The father had already bribed the conscription officer.
(b) He was partly blind.
(c) He is an only son.
(d) He had a heart condition.
2. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
3. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
(a) He spends the holiday with friends in Heysen.
(b) He travels up the line.
(c) He is taken to jail for starting the locamotive.
(d) He returns home.
4. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
5. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator in trouble at the end of Fated for Misfortune?
2. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
3. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
4. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
5. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
2. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
3. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
4. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
5. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
6. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
7. What type of relationship does Yoyl have with his neighbor Kompanyevitch?
8. What do the pogrom rioters find when they arrive at Heysen?
9. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
10. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)