|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
2. How much money does Moshke claim it takes to hire someone to "give the match a scratch?"
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 3 rubles.
(d) 300 rubles.
3. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
(a) Delivering the mail.
(b) Handling livestock.
(c) Collecting soil samples.
(d) Repairing railroad tracks.
4. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a notary.
(d) He is a garbage man.
5. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
2. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
3. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
4. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
5. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
2. Describe the appearance of Motek.
3. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
4. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
5. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
6. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
7. What does the Jewish holiday of Sukkos celebrate?
8. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
9. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
10. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)