|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
(a) He is a moneylender and a landlord.
(b) He owns a store.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a government official.
2. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He was fated to live another year.
(b) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
(c) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
(d) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
3. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He writes him a thank you letter.
(b) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
(c) He gives him a kiss.
(d) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
4. How does the Diamond dealer regard his ability to sell diamond?
(a) He sees himself as an artist.
(b) He thinks he is efficient, but not particularly successful.
(c) He sees himself as a complete failure.
(d) He thinks he is in the "middle of the pack," as dealers go.
5. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
2. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
3. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
4. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
5. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the 60-year-old man tell the narrator a long story about how someone was tricked out of money playing cards?
2. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
3. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
4. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
5. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
6. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
7. How does Danielchik treat others as a child?
8. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
9. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
10. What type of relationship does Yoyl have with his neighbor Kompanyevitch?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)