|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
2. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
(a) The hat no longer fits his head.
(b) He has left school.
(c) He lost his hat playing a game.
(d) He doesn't want others to know he is a student.
3. Which is NOT one of professions that Danielschik attempts to apprentice for?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A tailer.
(c) A watchmaker.
(d) A goldsmith.
4. How does the train eventually stop?
(a) It loses momentum climbing a steep hill.
(b) It runs off track and crashes.
(c) It runs out of fuel.
(d) Train engineers manage to put something on the tracks to stop it.
5. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Itsik short for?
2. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
3. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
4. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
5. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Danielchik treat others as a child?
2. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
3. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
4. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
5. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
6. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
7. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
8. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
9. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
10. How was Motek able to emigrate to Buenos Aires?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)