|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
2. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
3. How does the train eventually stop?
(a) It loses momentum climbing a steep hill.
(b) Train engineers manage to put something on the tracks to stop it.
(c) It runs off track and crashes.
(d) It runs out of fuel.
4. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
5. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
2. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
3. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
4. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
5. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
2. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
3. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
4. Why does the 60-year-old man tell the narrator a long story about how someone was tricked out of money playing cards?
5. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
6. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
7. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
8. What do the pogrom rioters find when they arrive at Heysen?
9. How does Danielchik treat others as a child?
10. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)