|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
2. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a garbage man.
(d) He is a notary.
3. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Wait for help.
(b) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(c) Pull the brake.
(d) Make a jump for it.
4. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
(a) She is heartbroken and becomes sick.
(b) She is indifferent and doesn't react either way.
(c) She is furious and disowns him.
(d) She supports him and agrees with him.
5. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Danielschik marries?
2. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
3. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
4. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
5. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
2. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
3. Describe the appearance of Motek.
4. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
5. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
6. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
7. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
8. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
9. Describe the appearance of Danielchik.
10. What do the pogrom rioters find when they arrive at Heysen?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)