|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a garbage man.
(d) He is a notary.
2. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
3. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
(b) He was fated to live another year.
(c) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
(d) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
4. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
(a) 10 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
5. What ailment is Moyshe-Nachman trying to get treatment for?
(a) A cataract on his left eye.
(b) A cough and asthma.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) An severe toothache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
2. What is the name of the rich man who dies in Fated for Misfortune?
3. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
4. What does Berko do for a living?
5. Why doesn't the narrator in trouble at the end of Fated for Misfortune?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)