|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He gives him a kiss.
(b) He writes him a thank you letter.
(c) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(d) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
2. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
(a) The second class waiting room at the station.
(b) A third class train car.
(c) The ticket counter at the train station.
(d) The local bar.
3. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
(a) Because reading on the train gives him motion sickness.
(b) Because the newspaper depresses him.
(c) Because he is not a good reader.
(d) Because it is not his hometown newspaper.
4. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(c) St. Petersburg.
5. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
2. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
3. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
4. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
5. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)