|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
2. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
3. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
4. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
5. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) He arrives home and sees the flames.
(b) He is given a telegram.
(c) His wife runs to tell him.
(d) A neighbor comes and finds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
2. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
3. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
4. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
5. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
2. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
3. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
4. How does Motek describe his line of work?
5. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
6. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
7. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
8. Describe the appearance of Motek.
9. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
10. How does Danielchik treat others as a child?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)