|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He makes vinegar.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a cantor.
(d) He is a mason.
2. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
3. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) Two years.
(b) One day.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
(a) She is indifferent and doesn't react either way.
(b) She supports him and agrees with him.
(c) She is heartbroken and becomes sick.
(d) She is furious and disowns him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
2. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
3. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
4. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
5. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
2. What does the Jewish holiday of Sukkos celebrate?
3. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
4. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
5. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
6. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
7. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
8. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
9. How does Motek describe his line of work?
10. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)