|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His gold pocketwatch.
(b) His ebony cane.
(c) His thick billfold.
(d) His diamond ring.
2. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They did not know each other.
3. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
(a) The hat no longer fits his head.
(b) He has left school.
(c) He lost his hat playing a game.
(d) He doesn't want others to know he is a student.
4. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. How much the narrator pay for the dowry of the girl as fiduciary in Fated for Misfortune.
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 10000 rubles.
(c) 500 rubles.
(d) 1000 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
2. What does Berko do for a living?
3. How does the train eventually stop?
4. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Motek.
2. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
3. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
4. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
5. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
6. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
7. How was Motek able to emigrate to Buenos Aires?
8. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
9. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
10. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)