|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His thick billfold.
(b) His gold pocketwatch.
(c) His ebony cane.
(d) His diamond ring.
2. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
3. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
4. What is Itsik short for?
(b) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
5. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berko do for a living?
2. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
3. How much money does Moshke claim it takes to hire someone to "give the match a scratch?"
4. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
2. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
3. How does Danielchik treat others as a child?
4. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
5. Describe the appearance of Danielchik.
6. How does Motek describe his line of work?
7. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
8. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
9. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
10. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)