|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(b) He writes him a thank you letter.
(c) He gives him a kiss.
(d) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
2. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
3. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
(a) He is taken to jail for starting the locamotive.
(b) He spends the holiday with friends in Heysen.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He travels up the line.
4. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They did not know each other.
(d) They were best friends.
5. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The rich.
(c) Everyone panics equally.
(d) The poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
2. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
3. What is the name of the girl Danielschik marries?
4. How much money does Moshke claim it takes to hire someone to "give the match a scratch?"
5. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
2. How does Motek describe his line of work?
3. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
4. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
5. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
6. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
7. What do the pogrom rioters find when they arrive at Heysen?
8. How was Motek able to emigrate to Buenos Aires?
9. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
10. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)