|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
2. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He completely ignores him.
(c) He shouts curses at him.
(d) He shakes hands with him.
3. Where does Moshke claim to be when his store burns down?
(a) At home taking a nap.
(b) At his nephew's bar mitzvah.
(c) At his nieces's engagement party.
(d) On business in Odessa.
4. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
(a) He lost his hat playing a game.
(b) He doesn't want others to know he is a student.
(c) He has left school.
(d) The hat no longer fits his head.
5. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His diamond ring.
(b) His gold pocketwatch.
(c) His ebony cane.
(d) His thick billfold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
2. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
3. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
4. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
2. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
3. How was Motek able to emigrate to Buenos Aires?
4. Describe the appearance of Motek.
5. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
6. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
7. In The Automatic Exemption, when the father visits lawyers in Yehupetz and explains his predicament to them, why are they unable to give him advice?
8. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
9. Why does the 60-year-old man tell the narrator a long story about how someone was tricked out of money playing cards?
10. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)