|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
2. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
(a) He owns a printshop and is connected to officials.
(b) He accidentily sees it while making deliveries.
(c) He does not reveal how he sees the telegram.
(d) He has a close friend who is a Christian that gives it to him.
3. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His diamond ring.
(b) His thick billfold.
(c) His ebony cane.
(d) His gold pocketwatch.
4. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) His wife runs to tell him.
(b) He arrives home and sees the flames.
(c) He is given a telegram.
(d) A neighbor comes and finds him.
5. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
2. What is the name of the rich man who dies in Fated for Misfortune?
3. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
4. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
5. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
2. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
3. Describe the appearance of Motek.
4. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
5. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
6. How does Motek describe his line of work?
7. What does the Jewish holiday of Sukkos celebrate?
8. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
9. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
10. What reasons does Moshke give for needing money?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)