|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
(a) They had switched identities.
(b) The police take a disliking to Dovid.
(c) Dovid confesses.
(d) Moyshe-Nachman bribes the police officers.
2. How does the Diamond dealer regard his ability to sell diamond?
(a) He thinks he is efficient, but not particularly successful.
(b) He sees himself as a complete failure.
(c) He thinks he is in the "middle of the pack," as dealers go.
(d) He sees himself as an artist.
3. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) A loyal dog.
(b) His missing brother.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) A wife.
4. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) He is given a telegram.
(b) He arrives home and sees the flames.
(c) A neighbor comes and finds him.
(d) His wife runs to tell him.
5. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
(a) Bright red.
(c) Pale pink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
2. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
3. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
4. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
5. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
2. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
3. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
4. What do the pogrom rioters find when they arrive at Heysen?
5. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
6. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
7. Describe the appearance of Danielchik.
8. How does Motek describe his line of work?
9. As mentioned in the Slowpoke Express, what does the narrator consider a fact?
10. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)